PDA

View Full Version : Man of the match?

Monts
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Cummings got it at the game, but not a lot around me agreed.

Who was your motm?

Hard decision today as I thought mcginn, McGregor, Hanlon and oxley were all in with a shout.

hibee_girl
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
McGinn without a shadow of a doubt

Benny Brazil
01-11-2015, 03:34 PM
McGinn all day long.

The Green Goblin
01-11-2015, 03:35 PM

:agree:

Togs91
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Aye!

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
McGinn by a country mile for me

Seveno
01-11-2015, 03:38 PM
McGinn. What a player we have there.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 03:40 PM
McGinn for me however Oxley wasn't far behind him.

McGinn has to be one of the best pieces of business the club has done in a long time.

Onion
01-11-2015, 03:42 PM
McGinn for me, but no problem with JC getting the shout. Scored a fantastic goal, while getting personal stick from the Huns all day. Great wee player :greengrin:thumbsup:

wookie70
01-11-2015, 03:45 PM
McGinn by a long shot was the best player on the park. I questioned McGregors inclusion but I thought he was excellent too. Didn't realise Oxley had got gloves to a couple of shots at the game but well done to the big guy too. Fyvie deserves a mention for his attitude. He looked slow and made countless errors but he was Hibs best player in the last 10 mins or so when it really mattered.

Capt Mainwaring
01-11-2015, 03:47 PM
A great team effort today but Man of the Match by a couple of Country Miles was John McGinn. Absolutely outstanding.

ancient hibee
01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
McGinn was terrific.He and Stevenson combined really well in attack and defence.Fyvie was off the pace but:top marksfor never hiding and giving it everything in the last few minutes.

emerald green
01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
A great team effort today but Man of the Match by a couple of Country Miles was John McGinn. Absolutely outstanding.

:agree: Spot on Capt.

GlasgowHibee
01-11-2015, 03:53 PM
McGinn was the best player on the park.

Weststandwanab
01-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Love The Muffin Man All day but McGinn for me was outstanding.

SeanWilson
01-11-2015, 03:57 PM
McGinn. Reminds me of the days of Kevin and Scotty in the middle, but at times looks like both of them on the park in one man. High praise I know but bloody hell he's good!

Steve20
01-11-2015, 04:01 PM
McGinn. What a superb player.

O'Rourke3
01-11-2015, 04:01 PM
McGinn - I want to have his babies.

Jason played really well today and his goal was great so cans see why the sponsors may have been swayed. 2-1 don't care. We won! :greengrin
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Stewboy
01-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Fighting over who gets MOM. That'll do for me!

Eyrie
01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Has to be McGinn - did everything, and did it superbly well.

Pretty Boy
McGinn or Oxley

essexhibee
McGinn all day!

California-Hibs
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Far too easy this week, John McGinn by a country mile!

7-Heaven
01-11-2015, 04:19 PM
John McGinn for me

Black Kyle
01-11-2015, 04:23 PM
McGinn a standout for me in terms of positional play, effort, tenacity, skill and use of the ball.

Class act and future captain in the making.

Should performances like this continue sadly won't be long before others in England start knocking at the door.

PeeJay
01-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Who was your motm?

Hard decision today as I thought mcginn, McGregor, Hanlon and oxley were all in with a shout.

Can only be for the goal, which was superb - he did nothing else of note - should have been McGinn's award IMO, LS had a cracking game as well ...

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 04:28 PM
McGinn a standout for me in terms of positional play, effort, tenacity, skill and use of the ball.

Should performances like this continue sadly won't be long before others in England start knocking at the door.
Perhaps, but performances like todays will make sure that we make a lot of money off him. Masterstroke by LD getting him on a long contract.....

tamig
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Who was your motm?

John McGinn was mom today. Ourstanding show. The boy gets better every week and will earn us a lot of dosh when he leaves. Best piece of business in a long time getting him on a 4 year deal.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2015, 09:44 PM
McGinn. By a distance.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2015, 09:46 PM
McGinn .... He was outstanding.

Ricky Bobby
01-11-2015, 09:48 PM
McGinn

tamig
01-11-2015, 09:48 PM
McGinn by a long shot was the best player on the park. I questioned McGregors inclusion but I thought he was excellent too. Didn't realise Oxley had got gloves to a couple of shots at the game but well done to the big guy too. Fyvie deserves a mention for his attitude. He looked slow and made countless errors but he was Hibs best player in the last 10 mins or so when it really mattered.

Nice comments there RE FF. I felt sorry for him at their goal and he gave the ball away a few more times but certainly stood up to the plate at the end.

Smartie
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Nice comments there RE FF. I felt sorry for him at their goal and he gave the ball away a few more times but certainly stood up to the plate at the end.

We've had some absolute impostors play for us over the past 10 years or so who haven't had mental toughness and whose heads have gone down when we've been under pressure.

It would have been easy for Fyvie to let his head go down, he was making mistakes and wasn't having a great game.

He was magnificent in the last 10 minutes, a vital stage of the game and one that we have been vulnerable in in the past.

He deserves massive praise for sticking to the task and going on to make a match-winning contribution.

Well done son.

Big_Franck
01-11-2015, 10:03 PM

We've had some absolute impostors play for us over the past 10 years or so who haven't had mental toughness and whose heads have gone down when we've been under pressure.

It would have been easy for Fyvie to let his head go down, he was making mistakes and wasn't having a great game.

He was magnificent in the last 10 minutes, a vital stage of the game and one that we have been vulnerable in in the past.

He deserves massive praise for sticking to the task and going on to make a match-winning contribution.

Well done son.

Agreed. I noticed when Fyvie came over the east on 60 mins that he was ******, he was blowing out his arse. He made a few tired passes after that but he didn't let it affect him and he didn't hide like butcher's players would have. Well played to him for his performance in the last 10 minutes where he won two or three clever fouls in good positions that also allowed the team a much needed breather.

McGinn was clear man of the match for me, followed by Cummings who I thought also played well.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Agreed. I noticed when Fyvie came over the east on 60 mins that he was ******, he was blowing out his arse. He made a few tired passes after that but he didn't let it affect him and he didn't hide like butcher's players would have. Well played to him for his performance in the last 10 minutes where he won two or three clever fouls in good positions that also allowed the team a much needed breather.

McGinn was clear man of the match for me, followed by Cummings who I thought also played well.

Must be about Fraser's 1st 90 mins in about 2 months, he will only get better with game time

B.H.F.C
01-11-2015, 10:10 PM
MOM isn't even a question. McGinn by a mile.

gaz1875
01-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Over the full 90 minutes it would be hard not to give it to Lewis Stevenson, their best attacking option is the right back, he can now get out of Lewis's back pocket games over :top marks

WeeRussell
01-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Impressed with the team as a whole today but yes.. McGinn was excellent! :thumbsup:

:flag:

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Fighting over who gets MOM. That'll do for me!

Spot on!

They are all winners but McGinn was outstanding today :not worth

Ricky Bobby
01-11-2015, 10:54 PM

Great point about Fyvie. How easy would it have been for him to hide?
Fantastic attitude and effort shown especially in the last 10 minutes, and given his lack of games recently must have been running on empty.
A winners attitude.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10052107/mcginn-we-gave-everything

ehf
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Great point about Fyvie. How easy would it have been for him to hide?
Fantastic attitude and effort shown especially in the last 10 minutes, and given his lack of games recently must have been running on empty.
A winners attitude.

Danny Wilson for me; absolutely honking!

:lolrangers:

Mikey09
02-11-2015, 10:43 AM

Yep... I'm sure "Rotherham" will be preparing a bid just in time for our next game against The Rangers... :greengrin

GreenOnions
02-11-2015, 02:10 PM
I thought McGinn was very good but I've got to say I felt Paul Hanlon pushed him very close for MoM. I thought he was strong and quietly authoritative throughout with excellent positional play and numerous interceptions and blocks. There is also the small matter of his contribution at the other end of the pitch :agree: