PDA

View Full Version : Oxley

Monts
01-11-2015, 02:29 PM
He's taken stick in the past on here, but today he pulled off a couple of outstanding saves. He deserves praise for his performance today.

Well done Ox!

RoYO!
01-11-2015, 02:31 PM
The defence in general have a mutual trust now thats not been there for the majority of my life supporting hibs! Well done Ox

sleeping giant
01-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Well done Oxley indeed .

ClewsHibs
01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
His save against Tavernier in the first half was fantastic

Benny Brazil
01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Best performance from a Hibs keeper for ages.

The Leith Dutch
01-11-2015, 02:37 PM
He had an excellent game today - maybe missed something but not sure he put a foot wrong: excellent saves, no chance at the goal and, as the icing on the cake, took the perfect amount of time with his goal kicks towards the end ;)

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 02:41 PM
The Ox has been excellent for weeks now...probably since the Diddy Cup game against them tbh...starting to look like the keeper we all hoped for. Well done the Ox

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seveno
01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I am one of the doubters but he is slowly improving and will be delighted if he keeps it up.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 03:19 PM
After a poor start to the season he has hardly put a foot wrong.

If he keeps this form up the doubters will lessen every week. Match winning performance from him today and long may it continue.

Eyrie
01-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I wasn't that fussed about bringing him back but it was clearly the right decision by Stubbs.

emerald green
01-11-2015, 03:36 PM
The save he made in the first half was top drawer. I thought that was going to be a goal for the Huns. Keepers win matches too.

Monts
01-11-2015, 04:56 PM
The save he made in the first half was top drawer. I thought that was going to be a goal for the Huns. Keepers win matches too.

Absolutely :agree:

Tom Hart RIP
01-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Excellent today.

Monts
01-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Just seen the highlight when rangers hit the bar. Oxley definitely thought they had scored.

brog
01-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Any moment now AS will be advising that England will be looking at him! :wink: Or maybe you have to completely miss a corner allowing your opponents to score before you qualify for that honour!
Seriously, well played Mark Oxley!!!

My_Wife_Camille
01-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I've been one of his biggest critics but since the game at Ibrox he's not put a foot wrong. Loving it!

Monts
05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Did everything asked of him again last night.

What was the ref on about tho, telling him to hurry up when he only just received the ball.

Moulin Yarns
05-11-2015, 07:46 AM
My only critisism of him, is that, after David Gray and Lewis stevenson scored last night he hasn't chipped in with his own goal from the defence. Yet :greengrin

matty_f
05-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Did everything asked of him again last night.

What was the ref on about tho, telling him to hurry up when he only just received the ball.

Ref lets united take 20 minutes to take a throw in in the first half, moans at Oxley for taking 5 seconds at a goal kick. Aye, gid yin ref!

Oxley was great again last night when we needed him. If it had gone to 2-1 then who knows how things would have turned out. Thankfully Oxley kept the clean sheet with a cracking save.

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Any idea what the guys who said he was the worst Hibs goalie ever are saying just now?

Are they still holding a mistake in the Harry Ramsdens pre season trophy against him?

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2015, 08:00 AM
I think since the 6-2 game, he's been pretty faultless. The criticism last season was he was steady without making many "great" saves. He's made plenty this season and has good communication with his defence.

scoopyboy
05-11-2015, 08:27 AM
My only critisism of him, is that, after David Gray and Lewis stevenson scored last night he hasn't chipped in with his own goal from the defence. Yet :greengrin

You want him to score an own goal? :greengrin

Bronson
05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
I was going to post a thread about Oxley myself until I noticed this one.

I've been a big critic of his before, but I have to say he's been an unsung hero the last few weeks. Some outstanding saved on Sunday v The Rangers and he made 2 good saves tonight (albeit one of them turned out to be offside, but he didn't know that).

More of the same please big man:aok:

Smartie
05-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I think since the 6-2 game, he's been pretty faultless. The criticism last season was he was steady without making many "great" saves. He's made plenty this season and has good communication with his defence.

I thought he was ropey at Dumbarton too. We lost another couple of goals from set pieces there.

With that backdrop he came in for criticism for the goal at Ibrox but I honestly didn't think he was in any way to blame for it, it was an incredible free-kick.

Every other game he has played in this season he has done well, he has made cracking saves at important times during games and kept his concentration when we've been on top for long periods.

I was starting to wonder about him at the start of the season but I don't now - I think he's an excellent keeper.

I do wonder how fit and ready we generally were to start the season? Oxley has improved with games but it looked like it took him a few games to get up to speed. We're firing on all cylinders now, no question about it but we'd be in a better position still if we'd just managed to squeeze the points at dumbarton.

bingo70
05-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Any idea what the guys who said he was the worst Hibs goalie ever are saying just now?

Are they still holding a mistake in the Harry Ramsdens pre season trophy against him?

Personally speaking I never thought he was hibs worst keeper but I did think he was *****.

Totally proving me wrong this season though, he's like s different keeper.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Delighted for him, I felt he got a lot of unwarranted criticism last season, although some of it was justified.

This season he's been great up until now. He made a fantastic save in the first half on Sunday when it was only 1-0 and again last night when it was 2-0 he made a great blocking save.

Well done Mark! :aok:

Stevie Reid
05-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Personally speaking I never thought he was hibs worst keeper but I did think he was *****.

Totally proving me wrong this season though, he's like a different keeper.

He's not really. He's the same keeper, but improved a bit - which was always going to be pretty likely given his age and experience.

The criticism he received on here last season was the most overboard I've known - matched only really by the abuse that Malonga gets, in terms of the disparity between what actually happens on the park, and what people criticise. Have always defended him and am delighted to see him getting a bit of appreciation.

At 25, he's now started over 100 games, and has many great attributes that suit our style perfectly (witness how uncomfortable Dundee Utd players and supporters were with their own goalkeeper with the ball at his feet last night, despite him making several good saves and being their man of the match). He will get even better, I'm convinced of that.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
He's improved a lot and his confidence seems sky high which is huge for a keeper. Keeping lots of clean sheets will do that.

I defended him many times last season when I thought the criticism of him was way OTT, criticised him after a shaky start to this season and I'm pleased he's playing very well at the moment. Long may it continue.

PatHead
05-11-2015, 10:44 AM
So far this season we have had 10 clean sheets. Last season we had 16 in total and of those 16, 10 were since new year.

Really impressive 2015.

lucky
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Really don't rate him but he's now making saves and improving he might just prove me and all the other doubters wrong

Andy74
05-11-2015, 11:13 AM
He's not really. He's the same keeper, but improved a bit - which was always going to be pretty likely given his age and experience.

The criticism he received on here last season was the most overboard I've known - matched only really by the abuse that Malonga gets, in terms of the disparity between what actually happens on the park, and what people criticise. Have always defended him and am delighted to see him getting a bit of appreciation.

At 25, he's now started over 100 games, and has many great attributes that suit our style perfectly (witness how uncomfortable Dundee Utd players and supporters were with their own goalkeeper with the ball at his feet last night, despite him making several good saves and being their man of the match). He will get even better, I'm convinced of that.

Indeed. I don't think he is doing much differently. As a team we aren't giving as many opportunities but I think he has always been a solid keeper who keeps his mistakes to a minimum.

WestEndHibee
05-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Indeed. I don't think he is doing much differently. As a team we aren't giving as many opportunities but I think he has always been a solid keeper who keeps his mistakes to a minimum.

Exactly what I think, I'm not sure how much better a keeper we could get without forking out big money! And Remember he's only just 25, a baby amongst keepers. Given the right defence (as ours seems to be) he should continue to improve.

Vault Boy
05-11-2015, 01:19 PM
I agree that the criticism last season was often ludicrous. However, I also think he has improved by quite some way. That's not a commentary on how he performed last year, but one on just how good he has been this season. He has said it himself, it's the first time in his career that he has gotten so much first team exposure and it has definitely improved his mental approach to the game. Keep it up, Ox.

My_Wife_Camille
05-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Didn't rate him last season, didn't rate him at the start of this season but since Ibrox he's been different class.