PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v The Rangers

Johnny_Leith
01-11-2015, 02:15 PM
First and foremost a vital result for us, huge credit to the players and Stubbs for pulling out the result.

Oxley 9 - two great saves at vital times, the rest of his game was solid. No chance with the goal.

Gray 6 - generally poor on the ball today but an absolutely superb blocking tackle in the second half.

McGregor 8 - best player on the pitch in the first half, when we had to defend pretty deep. Seems to be Stubbs' first pick centre half which is no easy task with Fonts and Forster in the wings.

Hanlon 9 - absolutely immense, had Waghorn all day long and a good header for the winner.

Stevenson 8 - lucky to get away with a big penalty shout in the opening minutes but after that helped nullify the threat of Tavernier and, when he came on, Oduwa.

McGinn 10 - battled hard, unlucky not to score and played very well. Great attitude.

Fyyvie 7 - had a bad 10 minutes in the second half what I would put to what was his first 90 back after injury but battled hard and pressed space very well when we were under the cosh.

McGeouch 6 - was beginning to gain influence on the ge before going off injured, hopefully not too bad as he's a big player for us.

Henderson 6 - shooting boots weren't on, some nice touches and grafted hard but rightly subbed.

Malonga 7 - held the ball up well, should have tested the keeper from the same position he scored v Dumbarton but he can be pleased with his contribution and work rate.

Cummings 8 - great zing from the zing king! Had him FG as well! Ran himself into the ground, was a constant menace for r rangers defence and running in behind. Should have scored a second!

Subs-

Bartley 7 - worked hard and protected the defence well at times.

Keatings 7 - for me, he's a first XI player I rate him very highly and he did well when he came on grafting hard and getting stuck in.

Feruz 5 - not a lot of time but pressed hard, good work rate.

Ref - special mention I actually thought he was pretty fair today. Waghorn should have been sent off for his scuffle with Fyvie but otherwise was good. Need to say Rangers pen shout again but looked a stonewaller to me? Extra marks for not giving them anything 😉

Brightside
01-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Agree with that. Thought Gray, Bartley, Henderson were poor today. We lost all out shape when Dylan went off. Fyvie and Bartley can't play in the same team. McGinn and Hanlon were top class and also Oxley was excellent.

Allant1981
01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Oxley -9
Gray -6
Mcgregor - 8
Hanlon - 8
Stevenson - 7
Henderson - 6
Mcgeouch - 6
Fyvie - 6
Mcginn - 9
Cummings - 8