PDA

View Full Version : HSL 1000th member

trev the hat
31-10-2015, 09:00 PM
I've not seen this broadcast much anywhere & would think hsl are missing a trick in not doing so. A fantastic effort so far.
Nowhere near enough PR on this imo & 6% Hibs shares owned is a lot more than the reported 6% apr Mrs maroon is charging her deciples for the privilege of buoyancy.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

If someone could sort this link it'd be much app, ta 👍

grunt
31-10-2015, 09:04 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

Hibernian Supporters Limited, the vehicle set up to help Hibbies buy a controlling stake in their club, has passed another milestone having signed up its 1000th member.

HSL has revealed supporters now have around a six per cent stake in the Capital club with £200,000 raised since it launched nine months ago while Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster admitted there were a number of players in boss Alan Stubbs’ squad who “wouldn’t be there” but for that money.

But Proclaimer Charlie Reid, one of HSL’s directors, has appealed for thousands more fans to back the scheme, pointing out how around 8200 Hearts supporters are currently contributing about £140,000 a month to their club.

Hibs offered supporters the chance to buy 51 per cent of the club and in so doing raise £2.5 million which, it was promised, would go directly into Stubbs’ budget and although it initially met a measure of opposition,” chairman Kenny McAskill today expressed his “absolute delight” at passing the 1000 member landmark.

And Dempster underlined the importance of their contributions saying: “There is absolutely no doubt that there are a number of players in our present squad who simply would not be here if it were not for the generosity of HSL members. Our original football budget is enhanced by all of these monthly contributions being made.”

However, while welcoming the progress made, Reid said: “From the outset I have pointed out that I believed that this was a great opportunity for Hibs fans to show what they want for their club.

“If we really want this to be our club and have ambitions for our club, now is the time to show that ambition.
“I, too, want to record my thanks to each and every one of those who have joined. I would, however, like to ask the thousands of Hibs fans out there who have not yet joined and are able to do so to think about this now.

“The Hearts guys want their club to get right back to the top of Scottish football and are contributing about £140,000 to the cause. I am hoping we have the same ambition and can get right behind Alan Stubbs and his team.”

trev the hat
31-10-2015, 09:05 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

👍

3pm
31-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Good progress. Much more needed though.

Ringothedog
31-10-2015, 10:18 PM
The comments are full of nonsense from the Muppets across the other side of the city, slagging our membership numbers and the amount of shares HSL have bought. Let's get this straight....I own more shares in my club than any of those clueless, classless, thieving, ****my gits own of their club.

Ozyhibby
31-10-2015, 10:35 PM
This is great news. This is cash that goes straight to the manager to strengthen the squad. Unlike the yams, we have no local millionaires to pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
31-10-2015, 11:10 PM
The comments are full of nonsense from the Muppets across the other side of the city, slagging our membership numbers and the amount of shares HSL have bought. Let's get this straight....I own more shares in my club than any of those clueless, classless, thieving, ****my gits own of their club.

That's probably just the journos!

Pete
31-10-2015, 11:48 PM
This is cash that goes straight to the manager to strengthen the squad. Unlike the yams, we have no local millionaires to pay off.

I don't think the thickets who criticise this scheme and it's supposed lack of contributors will ever understand this, or the fact that hearts set up their slightly similar scheme through necessity. They've been told often enough yet it still isn't sinking in.

HSL: It's all good:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
01-11-2015, 08:11 AM
I don't think the thickets who criticise this scheme and it's supposed lack of contributors will ever understand this, or the fact that hearts set up their slightly similar scheme through necessity. They've been told often enough yet it still isn't sinking in.

HSL: It's all good:thumbsup:

God forbid we find ourselves in a similar situation in 10/20 years time.
By signing up to HSL, we get a wee head start on that mob :cb I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not about here and now, it's about tomorrow :wink:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Libby Hibby
01-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Good progress. Much more needed though.

I wouldn't of joined unless didn't moan your tits off to me haha...good cause, it's been a slow burner but if the team and club keep progressing as it has done recently the I'm sure more will commit

3pm
01-11-2015, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't of joined unless didn't moan your tits off to me haha...good cause, it's been a slow burner but if the team and club keep progressing as it has done recently the I'm sure more will commit

Needs must!! :greengrin

MB62
01-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Leeann Dempster said

“The Hearts guys want their club to get right back to the top of Scottish football and are contributing about £140,000 to the cause. I am hoping we have the same ambition and can get right behind Alan Stubbs and his team.”

I have a huge amount of respect for Leeann and what she has done since arriving at Easter Road but I find this kind of comment a bit of emotional blackmail. Personally, I couldn't give a flying one what is going on over at Grogie and I don't want to be compared to that lot, whatever they are doing. I would also ask, are the fans of Ross county, Aberdeen, St. Johnstone etc contributing to their clubs in a similar fashion every month? all clubs that are well above us in the Scottish game at the moment.

It is costing me £28 to go the game today to watch a game I could sit in the comfort of my home and watch so I am already supporting Alan Stubbs and the club.

I am not about to knock anybody who is a member of HSL, good on them for doing so but this is a personal choice and at the moment, it's not for me and Leeann's comment is more likely to drive me further away than nearer to joining.
I might join in the future, but it will be on my time when it suits me and not because of what any other set of fans are doing and certainly NOT because of that lot over the dark side of the city.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 09:02 AM
I joined early on as I couldn't afford shares outright but wanted to contribute.

It was a no brainer as far as I was concerned.

lyonhibs
01-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Leeann Dempster said

I have a huge amount of respect for Leeann and what she has done since arriving at Easter Road but I find this kind of comment a bit of emotional blackmail. Personally, I couldn't give a flying one what is going on over at Grogie and I don't want to be compared to that lot, whatever they are doing. I would also ask, are the fans of Ross county, Aberdeen, St. Johnstone etc contributing to their clubs in a similar fashion every month? all clubs that are well above us in the Scottish game at the moment.

It is costing me £28 to go the game today to watch a game I could sit in the comfort of my home and watch so I am already supporting Alan Stubbs and the club.

I am not about to knock anybody who is a member of HSL, good on them for doing so but this is a personal choice and at the moment, it's not for me and Leeann's comment is more likely to drive me further away than nearer to joining.
I might join in the future, but it will be on my time when it suits me and not because of what any other set of fans are doing and certainly NOT because of that lot over the dark side of the city.

That quote was from Charlie Reid, but bash on.

emerald green
01-11-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't like Charlie Reid comparing numbers currently contributing to HSL with "the Hearts guys".

TBH I thought HSL would have attracted more than 1,000 contributing members at this stage. I know football is expensive and money is tight for a lot of people, but is £5 per month out of the question for some who probably could afford that?

happiehibbie
01-11-2015, 09:29 AM
I think HSL have done well we have bought players with the cash The issue is people think is a con and RP etc are getting the money we need lots more people to join HSL to get out of this position we are in

emerald green
01-11-2015, 09:44 AM
I think HSL have done well we have bought players with the cash The issue is people think is a con and RP etc are getting the money we need lots more people to join HSL to get out of this position we are in

What on earth makes you say that? Who are "RP etc"? Can you supply any evidence of this?

What a load of utter nonsense.

Phoenix
01-11-2015, 09:52 AM
This is great news. This is cash that goes straight to the manager to strengthen the squad. Unlike the yams, we have no local millionaires to pay off.

Are we (the club) not supposed to be paying back S.T.F. for the loan he recently gave us after the debt re-structure at £500,000 p.a. ?

RoYO!
01-11-2015, 09:56 AM
What on earth makes you say that? Who are "RP etc"? Can you supply any evidence of this?

Tbf he did say "people think" - showing it wasn't a belief he shared.

I think there will be some casual fans who are still not particularly aware of the changes at the club

Wilson
01-11-2015, 10:08 AM
I don't like Charlie Reid comparing numbers currently contributing to HSL with "the Hearts guys".

Why not? Aren't comparisons very relevant? Similarly operated schemes. Hearts being our near neighbours and direct competitors for the position we want to hold un Scottish football.

I fancy that if our numbers were better than theirs folk would have no problem with the comparisons.

I don't feel there is any emotional blackmail going on. We are just being shown some cold hard figures. A good indicator of where we stand with a moderately supported scheme against a well supported one.

MB62
01-11-2015, 10:09 AM
That quote was from Charlie Reid, but bash on.

Yes, apologies to Leeann, and I'm pleased it wasn't her that said it. However, it doesn't matter who it was that said it, my sentiments are still exactly the same.

matty_f
01-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Are we (the club) not supposed to be paying back S.T.F. for the loan he recently gave us after the debt re-structure at £500,000 p.a. ?

That comes out of money raised from the normal operation of the club. The funds raised through HSL are set aside for the football team.

emerald green
01-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Tbf he did say "people think" - showing it wasn't a belief he shared.

I think there will be some casual fans who are still not particularly aware of the changes at the club

If it's not a belief the previous poster shares then my mistake. Apologies to previous poster.

My point remains though, that if this is what some other "supporters" still think, they must have been living on a distant planet for some time.

emerald green
01-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Why not? Aren't comparisons very relevant? Similarly operated schemes. Hearts being our near neighbours and direct competitors for the position we want to hold un Scottish football.

I fancy that if our numbers were better than theirs folk would have no problem with the comparisons.

I don't feel there is any emotional blackmail going on. We are just being shown some cold hard figures. A good indicator of where we stand with a moderately supported scheme against a well supported one.

I'm not too sure that they are TBH. Just running out the door to the match now! I'll try to respond in more detail later. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Without the debt restructure, we would have been repaying much more, and with interest.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hibbytam
01-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Is this 1000 full members, as in those who have paid over the minimum and claimed for the certificate etc?
It would mean that those paying in £5/10/20 per month that won't be included.

emerald green
02-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Why not? Aren't comparisons very relevant? Similarly operated schemes.

Further to my post #24.

There were different drivers between HSL and FOH.

HSL was established to raise funds to purchase shares in HFC & to hold those shares for the benefit of all supporters & the community. HSL has a legally binding agreement with the club that enables HSL to buy shares with the funds raised. This option is open ended & is not limited by the closing date like the option supporters had if they chose to buy shares direct.

FOH - according to what I've read, their current priority is to work in partnership with Ann Budge to ensure the rebuilding of the club can proceed effectively, supported by vital financial contributions of foundation members. Within the agreed (with Bidco) schedule they aim to see ownership of the club transfer from AB to the foundation.

FOH was joined by various HMFC supporters organisations - particularly Save Our Hearts - to basically prevent HMFC going out of existence. This is where I see the comparison as being flawed. HSL is/was not about saving Hibs from going out of existence.

It should be pointed out that the original Save Our Hearts campaign had 3 main aims according to what's online:

1. To remove the the Chief Executive.
2. To remain playing at Tynecastle.
3. The long term survival of the football club.

Around that time HMFC released a statement indicating a game against St Mirren could be their last due to a potential winding-up order from HMRC.

That's basically why Hearts supporters came forward in large numbers to sign up for direct debits to basically save their club. A situation which did not apply to a properly run club like Hibernian FC. This is why I don't think it's a fair or relevant comparison.

As I said in a previous post though, I think there are more Hibs supporters out there who could, if they chose to do so, help the club further by signing up for HSL in greater numbers. That's up to them of course.

happiehibbie
02-11-2015, 12:05 PM

Thanks for your reply ! RP Rod Pettrie and his cronies I have spoken to many people that won't buy from HSL due to thinking this

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 12:18 PM
HSL allowed the club to have the confidence to pay a transfer fee for John McGinn. It's been a while since we did that and I think it shows the value in signing up for HSL.

happiehibbie
02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Guys I am a member of HSL I think was a great idea unfortunately only a thousand others thinks so we need more

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Can someone post a link to where i can buy shares please

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 12:49 PM

I think the share offer is closed now. Best bet now is HSL

DaveF
02-11-2015, 12:52 PM

As Ozy says, don't think you can buy individual shares now but you can contribute to HSL. I joined up last month (£10 option) and it took 2 minutes.

http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 12:55 PM
As Ozy says, don't think you can buy individual shares now but you can contribute to HSL. I joined up last month (£10 option) and it took 2 minutes.

http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Yeh thats what i meant .. Cheers

emerald green
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks for your reply ! RP Rod Pettrie and his cronies I have spoken to many people that won't buy from HSL due to thinking this

Not sure if you've read my subsequent post#23?

PS: Who exactly are Rod Petrie's "cronies"? :confused:

Niffy
03-11-2015, 06:32 AM
That's me in now.

highland hibbee
03-11-2015, 06:59 AM
That's me in now.

Ditto. GGTTH

Leithenhibby
03-11-2015, 12:09 PM
That's me in now.

Ditto. GGTTH

:aok:

Good stuff Peeps. Welcome to the evolution :wink:

GGTTH

happiehibbie
03-11-2015, 12:47 PM
If it's not a belief the previous poster shares then my mistake. Apologies to previous poster.

My point remains though, that if this is what some other "supporters" still think, they must have been living on a distant planet for some time.

I did not see this. No problem

I am saying what others have said to me. I personally don't give a hoot about RP or his Cronies ! I care about Hibs and the future

Drewster
03-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Guys I am a member of HSL I think was a great idea unfortunately only a thousand others thinks so we need more

I'm no sure that the fans appreciate that for £2,500,000

HSL or fans buying shares direct - delivers 51% of the Club into fan ownership (valued at £15m +)

That's roughly 4000 fans at £50/mth for a year or £25/mth for 2 years

This is a great opportunity for the Hibees!!!!

lucky
03-11-2015, 03:54 PM
I signed up right away. For me it was vehicle that supporters could contribute extra every month. I like the collectiveness of HSL.

The Yams are funding there 1st team by paying £140k a month. At this stage they've not repaid Budge anything. But facts remain it's a great effort by them under different circumstances but still a great effort.

HSL suffered at the start as some did not believe in the scheme others belittled it and some told lies about it. HSL split the Hibs support to begin with but now it's a vehicle to unite us and for supporters to take ownership of the club.

Come on guys sign up even if it's for a £5 per month

DaveF
03-11-2015, 04:26 PM
I signed up right away. For me it was vehicle that supporters could contribute extra every month. I like the collectiveness of HSL.

The Yams are funding there 1st team by paying £140k a month. At this stage they've not repaid Budge anything. But facts remain it's a great effort by them under different circumstances but still a great effort.

HSL suffered at the start as some did not believe in the scheme others belittled it and some told lies about it. HSL split the Hibs support to begin with but now it's a vehicle to unite us and for supporters to take ownership of the club.

Come on guys sign up even if it's for a £5 per month

I rarely agree with you on anything lucky, but this get's the :thumbsup:

Spread the word folks. It's takes minutes to sign up and the money brought in helps us find more players like McGinn.

lucky
03-11-2015, 04:33 PM
I rarely agree with you on anything lucky, but this get's the :thumbsup:

Spread the word folks. It's takes minutes to sign up and the money brought in helps us find more players like McGinn.

Never realised I was that controversial on the main board but I hope that we all sign up a pal.👍

Leithenhibby
03-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Never realised I was that controversial on the main board but I hope that we all sign up a pal.

:agree:

If every member was to persuade a Pal or member of their family, we would pass the 2k that everyone wants by Christmas.

Mr Stubbs, could then get his shopping list out :wink:

GGTTH

hibeenicol
04-11-2015, 07:48 PM
That's me signed up, I don't get to many games these day's with having to work every weekend so this is my way of putting some money into the club.

:gwa::gwa::gwa:

Leithenhibby
04-11-2015, 08:59 PM
That's me signed up, I don't get to many games these day's with having to work every weekend so this is my way of putting some money into the club.

:gwa::gwa::gwa:

Well done Mr, much appreciated.

Forward, together. :wink: