PDA

View Full Version : Gibraltar Hibs

hibeeleicester
31-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Not long moved over here!

Any Hibees around the area?

Will be watching the game tomorrow if anyone fancies a pint!

IberianHibernian
31-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Not long moved over here!

Any Hibees around the area?

Will be watching the game tomorrow if anyone fancies a pint!When we played a friendly in Gibraltar in July 2013 , there were about 300 Hibs fans there and there were 2 or 3 posts from Hibbies living in Gibraltar . There seem to be quite a number who live in or frequently visit Malaga area where there`ll be lots of bars showing matches from foreign leagues ( though my personal experience is that it`s not that easy to find bars showing games from Scotland ) .
I live further west but visit Gibraltar several times a year - where are best places to watch matches ? I`ve watched football in Cannon Bar ( Arsenal bar as name suggests ) behind Marks and Spencers and 3 or 4 years ago went to a bar ( Three Roses or similar in Irish Town ) to watch us play Celtic after finding bar on online list of Celtic bars only to find that Hibs fans outnumbered Celtic fans by 3 v 0 .

DH1875
01-11-2015, 02:04 AM
When we played a friendly in Gibraltar in July 2013 , there were about 300 Hibs fans there and there were 2 or 3 posts from Hibbies living in Gibraltar . There seem to be quite a number who live in or frequently visit Malaga area where there`ll be lots of bars showing matches from foreign leagues ( though my personal experience is that it`s not that easy to find bars showing games from Scotland ) .
I live further west but visit Gibraltar several times a year - where are best places to watch matches ? I`ve watched football in Cannon Bar ( Arsenal bar as name suggests ) behind Marks and Spencers and 3 or 4 years ago went to a bar ( Three Roses or similar in Irish Town ) to watch us play Celtic after finding bar on online list of Celtic bars only to find that Hibs fans outnumbered Celtic fans by 3 v 0 .

Do you live in Portugal? Used to live in Nerja to the east and find that the game would/should be on in a lot of places, especially in the hun bars.

hibeeleicester
01-11-2015, 04:31 AM
When we played a friendly in Gibraltar in July 2013 , there were about 300 Hibs fans there and there were 2 or 3 posts from Hibbies living in Gibraltar . There seem to be quite a number who live in or frequently visit Malaga area where there`ll be lots of bars showing matches from foreign leagues ( though my personal experience is that it`s not that easy to find bars showing games from Scotland ) .

Sports bar called "Ivy" in ocean village has about 20 screens and near enough any game in the world. Just need to ask and they will always put the game on for you!

Been to the cannon bar but not sure about three roses!

ginger_rice
01-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Sports bar called "Ivy" in ocean village has about 20 screens and near enough any game in the world. Just need to ask and they will always put the game on for you!

Been to the cannon bar but not sure about three roses!

The Three Owls? It's in Irish Town

Mike_C
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
half my family stay in Gib! All hibees!!!