PDA

View Full Version : Sendings off

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Notice Dundee Utd had a player sent off today for 2 yellow cards. St Mirren had 2 players sent off with straight reds, surprisingly neither were Jim Goodwin!

I realise that St Mirren will miss the two but will the Dundee Utd player be suspended for the Cup game or do 2 yellows mean the league?

Billy Whizz
31-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Notice Dundee Utd had a player sent off today for 2 yellow cards. St Mirren had 2 players sent off with straight reds, surprisingly neither were Jim Goodwin!

I realise that St Mirren will miss the two but will the Dundee Utd player be suspended for the Cup game or do 2 yellows mean the league?

Would have thought Aidan Connolly would miss their next league game, but what do I know....

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Would have thought Aidan Connolly would miss their next league game, but what do I know....

That is what I am not sure about.

cabbageandribs1875
31-10-2015, 07:42 PM
i think the Dundee utd player will miss the next league game, if he had been sent off for violent conduct it would have been the next game irrespective of whether it's a league or cup game

could be wrong right enough :hmmm:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Since its The League Cup will he not miss that game? nae idea tho!

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Oh well, if he plays bet the wee bugger scores the winner as well!

jabis
31-10-2015, 07:50 PM
I would also like to state quite unequivocally that I too have no idea.......hic

Col2
31-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Next league game not cup. Has to be straight red and violet conduct.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Has to be straight red and violet conduct.
Would you not get a purple card for that? :-)

Kojock
31-10-2015, 08:18 PM
If a player receives a straight red they miss the next game. If they get two yellows they miss the next game in that competition, ie a Dundee Utd player sent off today for two yellows can play on Wednesday but will miss the next spl game. A Dundee Utd player who received a straight red today would not be able to play on Wednesday.

Argylehibby
31-10-2015, 09:32 PM
If a player receives a straight red they miss the next game. If they get two yellows they miss the next game in that competition, ie a Dundee Utd player sent off today for two yellows can play on Wednesday but will miss the next spl game. A Dundee Utd player who received a straight red today would not be able to play on Wednesday.

Not sure that's right. If the red was for denying a goal scoring opportunity I think the ban is for the same competition. It's only next game if it is for violent conduct.