PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Game on Sunday

coldingham hibs
30-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know if there is access across the Forth Bridge on Sunday for supporters from Fife and further north.

The bridge is due to be closed but there is local access to South Queensferry is the motorway closed at this point or can you still continue onwards to Edinburgh.

hibernia_inn
30-10-2015, 08:41 AM
https://www.forthroadbridge.org/news/full-a90-closures-scheduled/

Hope this helps.

TrinityHibs
30-10-2015, 08:54 AM
If you can get off at the Echline junction there are a few ways to get to Edinburgh. The quickest is normally through South Queensferry and joining the A90. If this is blocked go to Dalmeny and then head towards Kirkliston. You come to a T junction and can turn left to join the A90 at the run in to Cramond Bridge or turn left to Kirkliston. Then turn left at the traffic lights which will bring you into Newbridge. No idea what the traffic will be like.

BSEJVT
30-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Coming from Coldingham to ER via Fife is a bit of a long road for a shortcut :greengrin

matty_f
30-10-2015, 09:36 PM
If you can get off at the Echline junction there are a few ways to get to Edinburgh. The quickest is normally through South Queensferry and joining the A90. If this is blocked go to Dalmeny and then head towards Kirkliston. You come to a T junction and can turn left to join the A90 at the run in to Cramond Bridge or turn left to Kirkliston. Then turn left at the traffic lights which will bring you into Newbridge. No idea what the traffic will be like.

I've still not decided whether to try that or just bite the bullet and go via Kincardine. I think if i leave Dunfermline early enough then that route may be a decent option.

oconnors_strip
30-10-2015, 11:21 PM
There is a 10k run on in Edinburgh on Sunday so traffic will be busier and diverted in certain areas

Just Jimmy
30-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Get the train?