PDA

View Full Version : Chick Young

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Wee chick just said on the radio "Celtic can't wait until the rangers are back in the SPFL next year which they Absolutely will be" Now I know it is very unlikely but I would love us to win the league and watch the media meltdown :greengrin Lets hope we can get the win on Sunday to kick off the unlikely pattern of events.

PatHead
29-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Don't think it is highly unlikely. We will win the league.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Don't think it is highly unlikely. We will win the league.

The rangers are as short as 1/50 with some bookies they are not often that wrong. However I agree we are still in it but a win on Sunday is vital

Pete
29-10-2015, 07:36 PM
I think he's just giving his opinion based on evidence and I agree with him. Even if they don't win the league I think they will have enough to take care of a poor top flight side (which St Johnstone certainly aren't).

One thing he got wrong is Celtic certainty don't want Rangers "back" in the top flight as 99% of them believe that isn't possible.

IrnBru22
29-10-2015, 07:40 PM
The rangers are as short as 1/50 with some bookies they are not often that wrong. However I agree we are still in it but a win on Sunday is vital

Aye the bookies and pundits were spot on last season with the rangers winning the league with ease

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2015, 07:40 PM
If Utd stay bottom and the Rangers don't win the league, that might make reconstruction a stick on. Maybe that is what he is getting at?

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Aye the bookies and pundits were spot on last season with the rangers winning the league with ease

I dont recall them being as short as 1/50 ! Maybe they were 2/5 but that is a huge difference.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Hibs have to be worth a punt in case they hit admin and a 25pt penalty.
Chick Young is an imbecile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leither17
29-10-2015, 08:02 PM
I dont recall them being as short as 1/50 ! Maybe they were 2/5 but that is a huge difference.

1/25 Hibs are 9/1

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 08:07 PM
1/25 Hibs are 9/1

Bet365 are 16/1 Hibs

GordonHFC
29-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Skybet currently have The The Rangers at 1/66 to win the league.

lord bunberry
29-10-2015, 08:23 PM
If that tool is making bold predictions it's always wise to back the opposite.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Remember talking to him on the pitch after the game in Vilnius, he came across as quite a good lad.

HibbyAndy
29-10-2015, 09:23 PM
IF...IF...We can win on Sunday its down to 5 points... 5 points is **** all seriously..Its within 2 wins of them...We have had a brilliant start to the season its just that the bigots have won 10/10..Dumbarton first game is a complete shocker and annoys me!! but 5 points is nowt IF we can turn them over on Sunday.

As Kevin Keegan once said we are still in their fighting ..1/33 is scandelous for the huns. It's gonna be close, But ken what ? Write us off at you're ****ing peril!!

Holmesdale Hibs
29-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Bet365 are 16/1 Hibs

17/1 now, just stuck a fiver on. I still think the Huns will win it but they will hit a bad patch at some point and we have to take advantage. 17/1 for Huns going into admin also seems like a decent bet even if we can't get more points than them.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it if we beat them.

Forgot to mention, Chick Young must be the most annoying sports broadcaster I've ever come across. He seems to think he is a celebrity and every interview is about him. His use of phrases like 'I can reveal... ', 'my sources tell me...' is also very irritating. The man is a dick. End of.

hibsbollah
29-10-2015, 09:42 PM
I heard the chickster come out with that earlier, very disrespectful but more importantly just plain stupid. The Huns will drop points soon, teams don't keep winning all season, we just have to be in a position to take advantage when they do.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2015, 09:51 PM
We're not out of it at the moment but a win on Sunday is a must.

A win for Sevco on Sunday will more or less end any title race in my eyes.

PatHead
29-10-2015, 09:58 PM
We're not out of it at the moment but a win on Sunday is a must.

A win for Sevco on Sunday will more or less end any title race in my eyes.

That is how I see it as well.

KeithTheHibby
29-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Chick Young is a baldy Wee insignificant prick.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Chick Young is a baldy Wee insignificant prick.

Thats how I see it too :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Both us and the Rangers can get promoted.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Both us and the Rangers can get promoted.

Looking at the teams currently kicking about the foot of the Premiership I don't think that's unlikely at all.

SuperAllyMcleod
29-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Forgot to mention, Chick Young must be the most annoying sports broadcaster I've ever come across. He seems to think he is a celebrity and every interview is about him. His use of phrases like 'I can reveal... ', 'my sources tell me...' is also very irritating. The man is a dick. End of.

You should listen to him trying to read out team sheets on a Saturday! He likes to try and work out formations and talk tactics - none of which are ever correct but it can take a good couple of minutes of waffle before he actually tells you who is playing. It's pathetic.

Sooner he retires the better.

GreenOnions
30-10-2015, 12:02 AM
While I don't think some of these pundits actually watch much of Hibs (see Richard Gordon comments re Malonga) I think Chick Young is just telling it as he sees it. Rangers are currently 8 points ahead.

Having said that - I do believe we can win the league and I'm happy to hear pundits saying what Young said. Hearing things like that just makes me even more keen to see us beat The Rangers to first place. How super sweet would that be? I hope and expect our players to have these same thoughts throughout the season and on Sunday in particular.

Keep those comments coming please Chick :wink:

snooky
30-10-2015, 12:11 AM
17/1 now, just stuck a fiver on. I still think the Huns will win it but they I'll hit a bad patch at some point and we have to take advantage. 17/1 for Huns going into admin also seems like a decent bet even if we can't get more points than them.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it if we beat them.

Chic's good sources for "Rangers will win the league" are probably the SFA refs.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2015, 12:11 AM
While I don't think some of these pundits actually watch much of Hibs (see Richard Gordon comments re Malonga) I think Chick Young is just telling it as he sees it. Rangers are currently 8 points ahead.

Having said that - I do believe we can win the league and I'm happy to hear pundits saying what Young said. Hearing things like that just makes me even more keen to see us beat The Rangers to first place. How super sweet would that be? I hope and expect our players to have these same thoughts throughout the season and on Sunday in particular.

Keep those comments coming please Chick :wink:

I can honestly say that if we beat Sevco to the title this year and force them into the play offs and maybe even cause them to stay down for another seaosn, it will be one of the best seasons I've had following Hibs.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them stay in the Championship for another 12 months.

Steve20
30-10-2015, 06:57 AM
He's not wrong. Rangers will win this league. We gave them too big a gap and we still seem more likely to drop silly points that them.

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 07:05 AM
He's not wrong. Rangers will win this league. We gave them too big a gap and we still seem more likely to drop silly points that them.

Why do we seem like dropping more points than them? Over the past few weeks i'd say The Rangers look more like dropping points than us. They still have to go to Falkirk and Raith!!

A win on Sunday would really blow it open imo. But then you'll be on telling us we'll get beat the following week!

ALF TUPPER
30-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Just thought I'd pitch in.

The Rangers have never been in the top flight. So they can't go back to it.

Unless , of course, they have a fleet of De Laureans :greengrin

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Just thought I'd pitch in. The Rangers have never been in the top flight :greengrin

Correct 😁👍🏼

Niffy
30-10-2015, 07:24 AM
This will be the same Chic that, after another failed Scottish WC qualifying campaign was shouting Scotland will definitely be qualifying for Euro 2016 ?

California-Hibs
30-10-2015, 08:53 AM

More likely to drop points? You've clearly not been watching Hibs recently then. Think you will find its Rangers that in recent weeks look far more likely to be dropping points than us.

Onion
30-10-2015, 09:57 AM
IF...IF...We can win on Sunday its down to 5 points... 5 points is **** all seriously..Its within 2 wins of them...We have had a brilliant start to the season its just that the bigots have won 10/10..Dumbarton first game is a complete shocker and annoys me!! but 5 points is nowt IF we can turn them over on Sunday.

As Kevin Keegan once said we are still in their fighting ..1/33 is scandelous for the huns. It's gonna be close, But ken what ? Write us off at you're ****ing peril!!

5 points is massive when the team in front wins every single game. Our problem isn't Hibs, it's other teams inability to take any points whatsoever from Sevco, and referees doing the bidding of the GFA. Everything is stacked against Hibs, which will make it all the sweeter when Sevco implode.

AndyM_1875
30-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Wee chick just said on the radio "Celtic can't wait until the rangers are back in the SPFL next year ...."

Emm, yes he's right on that. Despite what the great Celtic Twitter echo chamber spouts, Celtic as a club need the Rangers fixture back as they have an annual 10m hole in their accounts to fill. He's also burdened with a cheap option manager who has cost Celtic the better part of £40m in lost Champions League Group Stage football, something that's not likely to return there any time soon. The club has downsized for the last 4 years so the resurrection of Brand Old Firm is an absolute necessity for Celtic plc.

Peter Lawell has many problems. He can't fill his stadium. He can't sell a couple of thousand plates in hospitality at £700+ a head for fixtures with all the SPFL stiffs. TV has no interest in showing live matches at Parkhead with Kilmarnock, Ross County etc.
But throw Rangers into the mix, he can charge £50+ a ticket, sell out hospitality, increase his revenue from advertising and sponsorship, sell at least 10,000 more Season Tickets and guarantee Celtic plc increased TV money and sales of foreign rights. That's the reality.

Anyway, hope we pump the Huns on Sunday.

lord bunberry
30-10-2015, 10:33 AM
5 points is massive when the team in front wins every single game. Our problem isn't Hibs, it's other teams inability to take any points whatsoever from Sevco, and referees doing the bidding of the GFA. Everything is stacked against Hibs, which will make it all the sweeter when Sevco implode.
If we can be within 5 points of the Hun after the start they've had I would say that we're not getting the credit we deserve and comments from Chick Dung are premature.

hibsbollah
30-10-2015, 10:53 AM
The other thing that made me laugh yesterday was Chicks insistence that 'we're all football people, we know the score' in the context of the sport sound pundits. He truly honestly believes that he and his pals have some sort of deep understanding of the game, and should be listened to referentially. He doesn't realize that the average Scottish football fan is more intelligent than he thinks and considers him to be a bit of a badly erse who's views are no more advanced than the average pub bore. He also thinks he's an expert on La Liga, presumably because he watches it on the telly.

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2015, 11:05 AM
In reality the bookies are probably right, as is Chick. Its not about just Hibs ability to catch the Huns, its about the fact that in order to do it we need other clubs to step up and start taking points from them, as things stand that's not looking very likely.

That's why Sunday is so vital ..... Not only will a win have the obvious benefit of reeling them back, it will also show that they can be beaten by another team in this league and hopefully galvanize the others.

I was laughing at SKY sports yesterday .... they had Brian McDermott and Ian Holloway on and asked them if they thought the Zombies could go the whole season unbeaten. They both said yes without hesitation or even hinting that Hibs at ER will be a challenge for them. I'm willing to bet they have utterly no idea whatsoever of Hibs recent form, how we play or who plays for us .... It proves without doubt, if proof were needed, that half the battle is getting past the 'oh no, its the Old Firm' mindset .... do that and you can win the battle on the pitch.

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 11:08 AM

The bottom line is we will all our games we win the league irrespective of how Rangers do.

Smartie
30-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Rangers did well to scrape the points at St Mirren.

They've also had a couple of scares at home - they didn't beat us by much, were lucky to get the late win against Queens and their home game against St Mirren could have gone a different way had a certain penalty not been missed.

I'll give up on the title race when Rangers have been to Falkirk, Raith and Easter Road and picked up wins - so far St Mirren is the only difficult away game they've had.

Fine margins go a long way and those fine margins have gone their way so far.

chinaman
30-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Oldfirm= cheeks o same jeer...chick young = starfish

seanshow
30-10-2015, 01:22 PM
The glib and shameless liar had the championship flag raised over castle greyskull 5 weeks ago, and the 'succulent lamb with buckfast chaser brigade' of which Chick is one.....all nodded in agreement and raised their bottles at the prospect of more bigot derbies.

Its hugely disrespectful to the other teams in league.

Fwiw I think it will go right to the last couple of games to see who wins the title.

some recent stats

Last 15 played in all comp.

Rangers W14D0L1
Hibernian W11D1L3

Last 50 played in all comp.

Hibernian W34D7L9
Rangers W29D9L12

Sammy7nil
30-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Very unlikely but I would love a 3 or 4 nil for Hibs then stand back to watch the fallout :greengrin

Radium
30-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Very unlikely but I would love a 3 or 4 nil for Hibs then stand back to watch the fallout :greengrin

Can't remember the last time we put 4 past them ... :wink:

hibsbollah
30-10-2015, 06:54 PM
The last few seasons show that when the Rangers go up against quality opposition (Celtic ICT Dundee Utd in the Cups, Motherwell in the playoffs, and us quite a few times in the league, although admittedly they beat us too), they've been blown away. I honestly don't think they're that good from what I've seen this season. If we avoid a red card I think we will win.

lord bunberry
30-10-2015, 07:57 PM
The last few seasons show that when the Rangers go up against quality opposition (Celtic ICT Dundee Utd in the Cups, Motherwell in the playoffs, and us quite a few times in the league, although admittedly they beat us too), they've been blown away. I honestly don't think they're that good from what I've seen this season. If we avoid a red card I think we will win.
That's how I see it as well. The bookies are pricing it up wrongly IMO and I think there's a right few quid to be made backing hibs at around 3/1. People who say the bookies rarely get it wrong should remember that St Johnstone were 9/2 to win at ibrox.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Hardly surprising that Chick thinks this. If you read the 'experts' and ex players in the media, you'd think we were playing Barcelona this weekend.

jabis
30-10-2015, 08:25 PM
If we can be within 5 points of the Hun after the start they've had I would say that we're not getting the credit we deserve and comments from Chick Dung are premature.

Succinct,well put,and completely on the button!

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Hardly surprising that Chick thinks this. If you read the 'experts' and ex players in the media, you'd think we were playing Barcelona this weekend.
Hence why I no longer read newspapers...just gets me angry and no worth it mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
30-10-2015, 10:08 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr: Came on here looking for news that he'd been found in congress with a chicken or that he had followed though on a fart on the no 6 bus. But this pash - he's talking up Rangers FFS. Shockerooney ......

hibsbollah
30-10-2015, 10:17 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr: Came on here looking for news that he'd been found in congress with a chicken or that he had followed though on a fart on the no 6.

He did do the chicken thing as well. But it was the #7 bus :aok:

O'Rourke3
30-10-2015, 10:21 PM
He did do the chicken thing as well. But it was the #7 bus :aok:
:greengrin

DH1875
31-10-2015, 08:18 AM
You lot would love radio clyde. They have rangers going undefeated in the league all season and winning it by record points.

CorrieHibs
31-10-2015, 08:37 AM
I thought that blue nose pck had retired?

It sums up Scottish football, when idiots like that are in our game.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 08:44 AM
That's how I see it as well. The bookies are pricing it up wrongly IMO and I think there's a right few quid to be made backing hibs at around 3/1. People who say the bookies rarely get it wrong should remember that St Johnstone were 9/2 to win at ibrox.

I forgot about St Johnstone.

So they've been turned over by ICT, Dundee Utd, St J, Celtic, Motherwell. Have they ever beaten a top flight team?

O'Rourke3
31-10-2015, 08:59 AM
I forgot about St Johnstone.

So they've been turned over by ICT, Dundee Utd, St J, Celtic, Motherwell. Have they ever beaten a top flight team?
Beat Murderwell in the LC when they were in League 2. Murderwell forgot they were playing a sh*T team and reverted to type. Got what they deserved too.....

weecounty hibby
31-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Emm, yes he's right on that. Despite what the great Celtic Twitter echo chamber spouts, Celtic as a club need the Rangers fixture back as they have an annual 10m hole in their accounts to fill. He's also burdened with a cheap option manager who has cost Celtic the better part of £40m in lost Champions League Group Stage football, something that's not likely to return there any time soon. The club has downsized for the last 4 years so the resurrection of Brand Old Firm is an absolute necessity for Celtic plc.

Peter Lawell has many problems. He can't fill his stadium. He can't sell a couple of thousand plates in hospitality at £700+ a head for fixtures with all the SPFL stiffs. TV has no interest in showing live matches at Parkhead with Kilmarnock, Ross County etc.
But throw Rangers into the mix, he can charge £50+ a ticket, sell out hospitality, increase his revenue from advertising and sponsorship, sell at least 10,000 more Season Tickets and guarantee Celtic plc increased TV money and sales of foreign rights. That's the reality.

Anyway, hope we pump the Huns on Sunday.
Good post, so if we were to somehow keep der hun down in division one it hurts the Hibernian tribute act. It couldn't get any better than that. As you say no matter how much thier fans tell you otherwise, celtic PLC are desperate for their sister company to be back in their league

snooky
31-10-2015, 09:54 AM

Sorry mate, SFA rules. This is mandatory. :rules:

Alex Trager
31-10-2015, 10:57 AM
To beat them tomorrow and watch the fallout would be simply superb.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 11:14 AM
To beat them tomorrow and watch the fallout would be simply superb.

Especially if its a proper humping. 3-0 or 4-0.

Alex Trager
31-10-2015, 11:20 AM

It will be nuclear if we beat them by that.

But a one nil in the last kick with a ball that wasn't over the line would be sweet as.

It wouldn't have a media outcry but it would definitely be sweet

Spike Mandela
31-10-2015, 11:21 AM

What if they beat us by 3 or 4. Is the league over and Chick right?

Personally I think it will be a draw but fingers crossed we might sneak it.

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:40 PM
A pal posted me a picture of the Racing Post from Thailand. They reckon Hibs will win tomorrow and end their 100% record.

Our fame is everywhere. 15585

lord bunberry
31-10-2015, 08:18 PM
A pal posted me a picture of the Racing Post from Thailand. They reckon Hibs will win tomorrow and end their 100% record.

I agree with them.

HibbyAndy
31-10-2015, 08:47 PM

And i agree.

Over the last 6 months in the league Hibs have been better ( And its proven ) than Sevco...That is a FACT..No way should we fear these cretins tomorrow.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 10:52 PM
What if they beat us by 3 or 4. Is the league over and Chick right?

Personally I think it will be a draw but fingers crossed we might sneak it.

I don't think you read my post properly.

O'Rourke3
31-10-2015, 11:02 PM

Straight into Asian betting ring enquiry then.......

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Jack Hackett
01-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Get it wrapped right roond ye Young ya Plum:flag::flag::flag:

Sammy7nil
01-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Tomorrow he will be on only one game blah blah blah the mighty the rangers will still win the league:greengrin
Well we will see ya bam

green day
01-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Did he mention that the Huns fans (majority, not minority) sang disgusting sectarian songs all day?

Don't know how it came across on TV or radio, but - once more - I am sure nothing will be said or done.

07BigD
01-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Victory

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Keep up your predicting, Chick :aok:

--------
01-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Did he mention that the Huns fans (majority, not minority) sang disgusting sectarian songs all day?

Don't know how it came across on TV or radio, but - once more - I am sure nothing will be said or done.

BBC did their best to mask the filth coming from the South Stand, but it did coem over fairly clearly from time to time.

Hiber-nation
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Chick paid so much attention to Hibs today that he said Paul Hanlon was captain when reading out the team.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 04:11 PM

They were at it big time post game on ER as well.

I had to wade through them to get to the bank and it was 'fenian' , 'taig', 'tarrier', 'HIV' etc as well as spitting at kids and challenging anyone that moved to a fight.

Just the minority who are sub human **** though.

HibbyDave
01-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Has anyone ever seen Chicky boy and Greg Wallace in the same room?

green day
01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
They were at it big time post game on ER as well.

I had to wade through them to get to the bank and it was 'fenian' , 'taig', 'tarrier', 'HIV' etc as well as spitting at kids and challenging anyone that moved to a fight.

Just the minority who are sub human **** though.

What I dont get though - at the match they play the standard "you can be chucked out and banned for singing sectarian stuff" message pre match.

Less than 5 minutes in, they are Guarding Old Derrys Walls, up to their knees in Fenian blood etc etc - I did ask my old man at the time why we even bother shelling out for all that plod?

For all the use they are, they might as well have been up in the West with us.:confused::confused:

Togs91
01-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Chick young - GIRFUY