Elgin City v Raith Rovers

Airdrieonians v Brechin City

Ayr United v Dunfermline Athletic

Inverurie Loco Works v Annan Athletic

Stenhousemuir v East Kilbride or Forres Mechanics

Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

andrew70
29-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I notice neither ourselves or Queen of the South play that weekend. Would be good, in my opinion, if they could move the game in March (a Tuesday night) to the free Saturday.

SteveHFC
29-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Wick or Fort William away would be wonderful in the next round. :wink:

linlithgowhibbie
29-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Wick or Fort William away would be wonderful in the next round. :wink:

Naw it wouldn't, C'mon the Rosey Posey.

Now a game in Linlithgow would be good!!!

:gwa:

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Stranraer v Buckie Thistle

Oooft! how many miles separating these two?

Just googled it 280

Sir David Gray
29-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Oooft! how many miles separating these two?

Just googled it 280

560 mile round trip!

It's ridiculous that teams like that are expected to make journeys like that.

It's pathetic.

Golden Bear
29-10-2015, 04:57 PM
3rd round drawn today, Hibs go in at the 4th round
Features some championship sides

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34665684

Queen's Park v Forfar Athletic

Formartine United v Fort William or Cove Rangers

Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic

East Fife or Stirling Albion v Cumbernauld Colts

Albion Rovers v Greenock Morton

Falkirk v Turriff United or Fraserburgh

Wick Academy or Nairn County v Linlithgow Rose

Peterhead v Livingston

Huntly v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale or Montrose

Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

I thought I knew my football teams but the name "Formartine United" is a new one to me.

Wilson
29-10-2015, 05:01 PM
I thought I knew my football teams but the name "Formartine United" is a new one to me.

Got into the highland league when it expanded in 2009.

Golden Bear
29-10-2015, 05:03 PM

:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2015, 05:14 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.
Nonsense. Both of those teams will fancy their chances with this one.

LancsHibs
29-10-2015, 05:21 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.

Much further trips made in England in FA Cup. Countries like Germany, France, Spain are enormous in comparison. It seems anything over 25miles is a 'marathon away trip' to some. You don't know how easy you've got it up there!

BonnieFitbaTeam
29-10-2015, 05:23 PM

From Pitmedden, about 15 miles north of Aberdeen. Money behind them, brought in players with top division experience ahead of this season.

Waxy
29-10-2015, 06:05 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.Must be worse journeys in the Russian cup?

ancient hibee
29-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Much further trips made in England in FA Cup. Countries like Germany, France, Spain are enormous in comparison. It seems anything over 25miles is a 'marathon away trip' to some. You don't know how easy you've got it up there!

It's part of the mindset that refers to anyone over 5ft.8ins as Big Man:greengrin

monktonharp
29-10-2015, 06:31 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.how? they could get a flight down/up naw? or book into a plush Stranraer hotel? what's the problem?:cb

monktonharp
29-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Much further trips made in England in FA Cup. Countries like Germany, France, Spain are enormous in comparison. It seems anything over 25miles is a 'marathon away trip' to some. You don't know how easy you've got it up there!we know exactly how easy we've got it up here. the best, most experienced food banks in the world.!

davidw
29-10-2015, 07:17 PM
3rd round drawn today, Hibs go in at the 4th round
Features some championship sides

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34665684

Queen's Park v Forfar Athletic

Formartine United v Fort William or Cove Rangers

Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic

East Fife or Stirling Albion v Cumbernauld Colts

Albion Rovers v Greenock Morton

Falkirk v Turriff United or Fraserburgh

Wick Academy or Nairn County v Linlithgow Rose

Peterhead v Livingston

Huntly v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale or Montrose

Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

I am muchly confused. Why are there half a dozen "championship" sides in it (including Falkirk) and not the others? This makes no sense whatsoever...

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I am muchly confused. Why are there half a dozen "championship" sides in it (including Falkirk) and not the others? This makes no sense whatsoever...

The bottom 5/6 from last year go in at this round. They need to find a way to balance out teams, so when the big boys go in, their are 32 teams in the draw

davidw
29-10-2015, 07:22 PM
The bottom 5/6 from last year go in at this round. They need to find a way to balance out teams, so when the big boys go in, their are 32 teams in the draw

Cheers - but it's still a bit bonkers.

craigmounthibby
29-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I notice neither ourselves or Queen of the South play that weekend. Would be good, in my opinion, if they could move the game in March (a Tuesday night) to the free Saturday.
Great idea. And they have already played an extra game v Morton on the last international weekend so I reckon they'd be up for it, if Hibs are.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2015, 09:48 PM

I would say the same with English clubs or clubs from any other country who are expected to travel that sort of distance when they're such a small club.

Bristolhibby
30-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Every club wants to win the Cup, and to do that you will have to travel.

Simple.

J

hibeeleicester
30-10-2015, 12:40 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.

Let's put this into perspective,

I train at a local Spanish clubs stadium in La Linea, they are called Real Balompédica Linense(Southern Tip of Spain) tiny club that are lucky to get 1000 through the gates!

They have just been drawn against Bilbao in the Copa del ray. This is roughly 1100km and a 10 hour trip (one way).

To make things worse, the Copa deal Ray is over 2 legs and played mid week.

Poor Buckie Thistle.

Sir David Gray
30-10-2015, 12:43 PM

I train at a local Spanish clubs stadium in La Linea, they are called Real Balompédica Linense(Southern Tip of Spain) tiny club that are lucky to get 1000 through the gates!

They have just been drawn against Bilbao in the Copa del ray. This is roughly 1100km and a 10 hour trip (one way).

Poor Buckie Thistle.

That's disgraceful although they will get a decent payday out of going to play away at a big team which will help make up for any expense incurred by the long journey.

Buckie and Stranraer don't have that luxury.

Forza Fred
30-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Poor Buckie Thistle.

If one of the Sydney clubs play Perth Glory, it's further than the distance between Edinburgh and Moscow.

Distance is relative.

hibeeleicester
30-10-2015, 12:53 PM
That's disgraceful although they will get a decent payday out of going to play away at a big team which will help make up for any expense incurred by the long journey.

Buckie and Stranraer don't have that luxury.

Only 4 days after travelling to Bilbao, Linese have to travel 5 and a half hours (one way) to Jumilla for a "regionalised" Segunda B league game.

There will be less that 500 at that game so no big pay day and a 10 hour return trip. We have it easy in Scotland!

Spike Mandela
30-10-2015, 12:56 PM
At least Hearts won't be out before Christmas this year.:cb

Sir David Gray
30-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Only 4 days after travelling to Bilbao, Linese have to travel 5 and a half hours (one way) to Jumilla for a "regionalised" Segunda B league game.

There will be less that 500 at that game so no big pay day and a 10 hour return trip. We have it easy in Scotland!

Is it Athletic Bilbao they're playing?

Jack
30-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I suspect the Spanish, Russian and Ozzy examples given will have an option to fly. The last time I looked (quite recently as it was for next year's holiday) internal flights in Spain were plentiful and cheap.
I'm not sure even the Scottish Government would subsidise Stranraer and Buckie International Airports or that McRyan Air would include them on their itineraries :-)

I'm with Trig!

Jamesie
30-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Just to put distances into perspective:

Luch-Energiya Vladivostok were reasonably regularly in the Russian top flight until 2005, despite being closer to Tokyo than Moscow (indeed, it's a seven hour flight from Moscow to Vladivostok alone).

If Hibs ever drew Vladivostok in the Europa League it would be a trip of 7,878 miles each way.

hibeeleicester
30-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Is it Athletic Bilbao they're playing?

Yes mate! Going to to both legs even though I've never been to either clubs games!

brog
30-10-2015, 02:09 PM

Far too sensible a suggestion!

Billy Whizz
30-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Far too sensible a suggestion!

We might have to fit in the Livvi hone gane one weekend around that time, if it gets postponed due international call ups

Eyrie
30-10-2015, 07:15 PM
We might have to fit in the Livvi hone gane one weekend around that time, if it gets postponed due international call ups

Livingston are at Peterhead in the third round, so we couldn't reschedule for 28 November.

Billy Whizz
30-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Livingston are at Peterhead in the third round, so we couldn't reschedule for 28 November.

I didn't mean play them on the 28th, maybe the Tuesday before or after that week

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Must be worse journeys in the Russian cup?
Aye. Did moscow thistle not play vladivostok rovers a few years back?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

MartinfaePorty
30-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Sounded out my mate about going to the Albion Rovers v Morton game as he's a Morton fan and the only time I had the chance to go to Cliftonhill in the mid-90s I couldn't get a ticket. However, he tells me the capacity is only 700!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jabis
30-10-2015, 08:04 PM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.

believe me,there will be a few busses going down from buckie,never been to stranraer🚢

Sir David Gray
30-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Yes mate! Going to to both legs even though I've never been to either clubs games!

And there's only about 500 expected at an Athletic Bilbao home game? :confused:

hibeeleicester
31-10-2015, 02:12 AM
And there's only about 500 expected at an Athletic Bilbao home game? :confused:

I was meaning the league game they have 4 days after the Bilbao game. This sort of travelling is the norm over here.

HoboHarry
31-10-2015, 04:14 AM
560 mile round trip!

It's pathetic.

Why? I doubt Buckie will be complaining.....

marinello59
31-10-2015, 05:47 AM
believe me,there will be a few busses going down from buckie,never been to stranraer

As there always has been. My grandparents made some epic trips in the 1950's following Buckie in cup games.

HoboHarry
31-10-2015, 05:38 PM
believe me,there will be a few busses going down from buckie,never been to stranraer
You from Buckie Jabis?

jabis
31-10-2015, 08:21 PM
You from Buckie Jabis?

Finechtie !

marinello59
31-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Finechtie !

You mean Findochty old chap. :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
31-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Finechtie !

My wife is from Portknockie.

Golden Bear
31-10-2015, 09:04 PM

And here's me thinking she was frae Wemyss Place!

Billy Whizz
31-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Buckie is famous for Cruickshank's lemonade

jabis
31-10-2015, 10:17 PM
You mean Findochty old chap. :greengrin

Oooh get you and your fancy ways😁

jabis
31-10-2015, 10:19 PM

Aaahhh known as the promised land !

(I promise you're boiler Will be fixed tomorrow)

jabis
31-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Buckie is famous for Cruickshank's lemonade

My dad took me out in the trawler for a 4 day trip when I was 13.
It was the only thing that kept me alive🚽

IberianHibernian
31-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes mate! Going to to both legs even though I've never been to either clubs games!As you`ll probably know team from La Linea ( wear black and white as they were formed by people with links with Newcastle just as neighbours in Algeciras were founded by people with links with Sothampton FC ) have got through 3 rounds of one - leg matches to be guaranteed a 2 - leg tie with one of the teams from the Spanish league playing in Champions League or Europa League with first leg at home . They`ll have been hoping for Real Madrid who got Cadiz or Barcelona who played a team from Extremadura with a reserve team the other day ( first leg finished 0 v 0 ) . Athletic Bilbao used to have supporters all over Spain but that has all but died out in the last 20 years cause of the political problems in the Basque Country and the relative lack of onfield success of the club . Even so I suppose La Linea club will get a few thousand at home match which will help to pay for travel to Bilbao ( not sure but don`t think Spanish FA help with travel expenses for cup matches - in league , clubs which have to travel to Ceuta or Melilla in N Africa , Canaries or Balearics get some financial help from Spanish FA .

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Finechtie !
Close enough :wink: I'm from Elgin and when my American wife first arrived I took her on a tour of the North East. When I stopped in Buckie and asked for directions she asked in all seriousness what language we were talking......