PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sunday

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 12:05 PM
As the article says, some big selections for Sunday. Do we go 3-5-2 and make our wings backs go like for like with Wallace and Tavernier, or do we work to our own game plan and get about their back 4.
Stubbs has a few key area's to address, in defence if it's 442, who misses out, and will Fyvie possibly come into the reckoning.

Do Rangers play with only 1 up, and flood the midfield, can't say I've seen much of them, so not too sure how they line up

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-v-rangers-alan-stubbs-has-big-calls-to-make-1-3930863

007 Mickey Weir
29-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Oxley
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Stevenson
McGeouch Fyvie McGinn

Cummings Malonga

S4uzee
29-10-2015, 12:23 PM
As the article says, some big selections for Sunday. Do we go 3-5-2 and make our wings backs go like for like with Wallace and Tavernier, or do we work to our own game plan and get about their back 4.
Stubbs has a few key area's to address, in defence if it's 442, who misses out, and will Fyvie possibly come into the reckoning.

Do Rangers play with only 1 up, and flood the midfield, can't say I've seen much of them, so not too sure how they line up

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-v-rangers-alan-stubbs-has-big-calls-to-make-1-3930863
It's a difficult one. Rangers will play 4-3-3 regardless of who they're playing

scoopyboy
29-10-2015, 01:07 PM
I like this type of thread Billy, probably because hardly anybody gets the team right.

I would also include the players in that cos they often guess it wrong as well.

I reckon the certs to start barring illness and injury are Oxley, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, McGinn, McGeouch and Cummings.

The other four starters could come from McGregor, Fontaine, Fyvie, Bartley, Henderson, Boyle, Malonga and Keatings depending on which system AS adopts.

Brightside
29-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Pep played 235 last week.... I would love it!!!

Hanlon Fonts

Gray Bartley Stevenson

Dylan Keatings Malonga Cummings McGinn

Wont happen...but :wink:

andrew70
29-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I like this type of thread Billy, probably because hardly anybody gets the team right.

I reckon the certs to start barring illness and injury are Oxley, Gray, Stevenson, Hanlon, McGinn, McGeouch and Cummings.

The other four starters could come from McGregor, Fontaine, Fyvie, Bartley, Henderson, Boyle, Malonga and Keatings depending on which system AS adopts.

Rangers have a lack of pace in defence, just wonder if there's a place for the forgotten man, Boyle

Brightside
29-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Id certainly want him on for the last 30..

B.H.F.C
29-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Not got a clue what he'll do. Not sure if 3 centre halves are really needed given we won't have the aerial bombardment of the last two games. I'd probably go with a more similar system to the one we played at Ibrox.

silverhibee
29-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Is Malonga fit for this weekend, seemed to have taken a wee knock on Saturday.

FromTheCapital
29-10-2015, 02:37 PM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn

Keatings
Cummings

The thing I noticed about the 1-0 game at Ibrox was how slow rangers are at centre back. Keatings and Cummings should be able to exploit that as we saw a couple times at Ibrox with chances for Henderson and Cummings. Wouldn't mind if Boyle started up front either. Thought Henderson was superb at Ibrox and caused their midfield real problems and would like to see him do that again with McGinn and McGeouch providing the steel to support him. we're more than capable of beating them for sure and it'll be interesting to see how Stubbsy sets us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Take Wallace and Tavernier out of the game and that will leave them scratching their heads.

IanM
29-10-2015, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't start without Malonga. Cummings always finds space in this fixture and the big chap certainly is good at playing him in. He adds that dimension you need against a couple of slow centre halves

ancient hibee
29-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Don't think McGeouch is a cert.but think Bartley is.

Ozyhibby
29-10-2015, 05:24 PM

I thought that for Ibrox and the Aberdeen game.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2015, 05:30 PM

I reckon McGeough is one of the first names on Stubbs's team sheet.

hibsbollah
29-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn

Keatings
Cummings

The thing I noticed about the 1-0 game at Ibrox was how slow rangers are at centre back. Keatings and Cummings should be able to exploit that as we saw a couple times at Ibrox with chances for Henderson and Cummings. Wouldn't mind if Boyle started up front either. Thought Henderson was superb at Ibrox and caused their midfield real problems and would like to see him do that again with McGinn and McGeouch providing the steel to support him. we're more than capable of beating them for sure and it'll be interesting to see how Stubbsy sets us up.

I don't think you can start without our most skilful player. 3-5-2 with Malonga and Cummings up top.

FromTheCapital
29-10-2015, 07:28 PM
I don't think you can start without our most skilful player. 3-5-2 with Malonga and Cummings up top.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dom and he certainly is a very talented footballer but I think with Rangers weakness being their pace in defence, I think Keatings or Boyle would be the best option to try and capitalise on that. Just my opinion though, as I said, it'll be interesting to see what Stubbsy decides :aok

Stuarty27
29-10-2015, 08:30 PM
I think he will play same formation as against Aberdeen

Hibeewilly
29-10-2015, 08:49 PM
I reckon McGeough is one of the first names on Stubbs's team sheet.
Without a doubt. Stubbsy will also go 3 at the back - how can you leave out McGregor. Henderson will definitely play IMO so for me its who partners Cummings up front - Malonga or Keatings. GGTTH 2-1 Hibs

Deek9
29-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Rangers have a lack of pace in defence, just wonder if there's a place for the forgotten man, Boyle

Yup, O'Halloran for St Johnstone highlighted this weakness big time. But we also need to nullify the service from Wallace & Tavernier.

PatHead
29-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Great we have so many options for starting and others if we need to change the match.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Oxley

Stevenson
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Gray

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Cummings

SUBS

Reguero
Forster
Fyvie
Boyle
Feruz
Keatings
Malonga

poolman
29-10-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll leave it up to Stubbsy 😊

matty_f
29-10-2015, 11:02 PM

I think Boyle is a player that can keep one of their full backs thinking twice about bombing forward. I'd play him.

lucky
29-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Oxley

McGregor
Fonts
Hanlon

Stevenson
McGinn
Fyvie
McGeough
Gray

Henderson

Cummings

3-5-1-1

I doubt Bartley will start as he never gets picked for big games

Ronniekirk
30-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Henderson did well in his first game against them at ibrox apart from not scoring ,but he was just in the door at that point .He was clearly up for playing them and at times they couldn't handle him .He has since added goals to his game so hoping Stubbs finds a place for him to start

We need to avoid giving away free kicks in dangerous areas as they have exploited that to the full in games against us .

Dom didn't have his best game against Raith so do we hope he turns that around against Rangers Keatings could be a nuisance against them and will play a part at some point and at ibrox Boyles pace and energy was a factor in helping to nullify tthem
Lots of interesting permutations but Team Selection could be crucial for this one given we will be looking to win it and they will feel a draw wouldn't be a bad result for them .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
30-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Stubbs could go left field and play Boyle and Carmichael as wide men to occupy their full backs in a 4-5-1 but that would involve leaving some big names out

Oxley

Gray
Fonts
Hanlon
Stevenson

Carmichael
McGinn
Henderson
Fyvie
Boyle

Malonga

number9dream
30-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Dom Ball has been playing in central defence for Rangers in the last few games and he's a bit quicker than Wilson but there will be space in behind their full-backs to exploit. Deliveries from wide will need to be good and midfield runners getting into the box will be important.
Our strikers must be switched on when their keeper Foderingham has the ball since he is prone to some distribution howlers.
Fyvie in for McGregor might be the only change from last weekend.
We need to get at them!

Ozyhibby
30-10-2015, 08:36 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1331633-analysis-under-the-radar-hibernian-have-a-week-to-step-in-to-the-spotlight/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hope it's not this guy picking the team.

yekimevol
30-10-2015, 11:30 AM
3-4-3

Cummings Keatings Boyle

Stevenson Henderson McGinn Gray

Hanlon Fountain Mcgregor

----------Oxley

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 01:00 PM
3-4-3

Cummings Keatings Boyle

Stevenson Henderson McGinn Gray

Hanlon Fountain Mcgregor

----------Oxley

Oxley up front, no way. :greengrin

erin go bragh
30-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Yup, O'Halloran for St Johnstone highlighted this weakness big time. But we also need to nullify the service from Wallace & Tavernier.

I think Keatings will start as Malonga was off the boil last week .

GGTTH

Mcpakeisgod
30-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Haha that played with my head aswell, I was bamboozled for a few seconds

yekimevol
30-10-2015, 01:33 PM

hahaha, just far to used to football manager and having the keeper at the bottom :greengrin

TheFamous1875
30-10-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm gonna guess:

Oxley.

McGregor. Hanlon. Fontaine.

Gray. McGeouch. McGinn. Stevenson.

Henderson.

Cummings. Malonga/Keatings.

Compact and can put pressure on their marauding fullbacks and statuesque centre-backs. Keatings or Malonga is a Stubbs' judgement call, but what I think is absolutely imperative to us winning this match is the featuring of Martin Boyle - his pace will frighten them!

Coults1875
30-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm gonna guess:

Oxley.

McGregor. Hanlon. Fontaine.

Gray. McGeouch. McGinn. Stevenson.

Henderson.

Cummings. Malonga/Keatings.

Compact and can put pressure on their marauding fullbacks and statuesque centre-backs. Keatings or Malonga is a Stubbs' judgement call, but what I think is absolutely imperative to us winning this match is the featuring of Martin Boyle - his pace will frighten them!

:top markstotally agree with this!

J-C
30-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Just played and beat Rangers on the new FM16 playing 3-5-2, so I'll go with the team that beat them in game 3-0.

Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Barley
McGinn
Stevenson

Malonga
Cummings

lord bunberry
30-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Stubbs could go left field and play Boyle and Carmichael as wide men to occupy their full backs in a 4-5-1 but that would involve leaving some big names out

Oxley

Gray
Fonts
Hanlon
Stevenson

Carmichael
McGinn
Henderson
Fyvie
Boyle

Malonga
Cummings will start, it would be madness to leave our top scorer out of our biggest game of the season. Stubbs would be rightly crucified if he left him out and we lost.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2015, 07:42 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1331633-analysis-under-the-radar-hibernian-have-a-week-to-step-in-to-the-spotlight/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hope it's not this guy picking the team.

Jamie Borthwick is a Jambo :agree:

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Just played and beat Rangers on the new FM16 playing 3-5-2, so I'll go with the team that beat them in game 3-0.

Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Barley
McGinn
Stevenson

Malonga
Cummings
Don't think Stubbsy would play 3 centre halves and Bartley...it's 1 or the other I think mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

J-C
30-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Don't think Stubbsy would play 3 centre halves and Bartley...it's 1 or the other I think mate

It was a joke post mate, I was playing the new FM16 and this team won 0-3 in 1st league game.TBH it won't be a lot different except replace Bartley with Fyvie.

nonshinyfinish
30-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Oxley
McGregor Fontaine Hanlon

Gray Stevenson
McGeouch Fyvie McGinn

Cummings Malonga

Ah, 3–2–3–2 in the style of the great Hungary team of the early 50s, with Fyvie in Hidegkuti's withdrawn CF role. Like it.

HoboHarry
30-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Jamie Borthwick is a Jambo :agree:

He may be but I didn't see much wrong with the article?

Jonnyboy
30-10-2015, 09:10 PM
He may be but I didn't see much wrong with the article?

Haven't read it. My post was intended to be informative :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
30-10-2015, 09:11 PM
It was a joke post mate, I was playing the new FM16 and this team won 0-3 in 1st league game.TBH it won't be a lot different except replace Bartley with Fyvie.
Haha well I hope that's a wee sign for Sunday mate 👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Whatever the line-up, I hope we play with pace and set a high tempo right from the get go. Just because it is The Rangers should not mean that we don't look to put he game away as soon as possible.

Edson Arantes
30-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings

That team for me also.

Libby Hibby
30-10-2015, 09:26 PM
So many teams picked in this thread that I agree with, which proves what squad we now have...in Stubbs I trust to get it right on Sunday, whatever he picks will give that mob a game.

My team -

Oxley
McGregor, Fontaine, Hanlon
Gray, McGinn, Fyvie, McGeoch, Stevenson
Cummings, Keatings

1-0 Hibs, Cummings 33mins

GGTTH

IanM
31-10-2015, 03:37 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-rangers-hibs-striker-colin-6731259

I read the header and I thought to myself I bet that's completely misleading .. And guess what

The rag cracks me up . I did only read it to prove myself right mind

Libby Hibby
31-10-2015, 05:09 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-rangers-hibs-striker-colin-6731259

I read the header and I thought to myself I bet that's completely misleading .. And guess what

The rag cracks me up . I did only read it to prove myself right mind

To me, and it's only an opinion, is they are scared that The Rangers lose to us tomorrow and are trying to play it down before it even happens.

Let's do this Hibs tomorrow with the same style, determination and swagger as the Aberdeen game and who knows, they may capitulate like the Dons did since their ER humping, despite what the Record writes

IanM
31-10-2015, 05:44 AM
To me, and it's only an opinion, is they are scared that The Rangers lose to us tomorrow and are trying to play it down before it even happens.

Let's do this Hibs tomorrow with the same style, determination and swagger as the Aberdeen game and who knows, they may capitulate like the Dons did since their ER humping, despite what the Record writes

Couldn't have put it better myself. Stubbs has learned fast how manipulating the media can be up here when you're in management and against the 'old firm' .. Do the talking on the park

southsider
31-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Ox, 2 central defenders - McGregor & Hanlon 2 wing backs - Grey & Stevenson, 2 holding midfielders - Bartley & McGeough, 2 attacking midfielders - Henderson & McGinn, Malonga & Jason up top.

whiskyhibby
31-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Three up front will do me.......