PDA

View Full Version : Hibs training this week for Rangers match.

scoopyboy
29-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Hibs are starting the training later this week so they are training at the same time as they will be playing on Sunday. I can understand that logic but it makes me wonder why we don't train in the afternoon when we have 3 o'clock kick offs.

Anyone out there know the answer?

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Hibs are starting the training later this week so they are training at the same time as they will be playing on Sunday. I can understand that logic but it makes me wonder why we don't train in the afternoon when we have 3 o'clock kick offs.

Anyone out there know the answer?

Scoopyboy, maybe it's more to do with getting their eating habits to tie in with a 12.30 ko, when generally they might be having their pre match meal at this time

Brightside
29-10-2015, 09:09 AM
There is a big Fifa 15 tournie to sort out, so training has to be arranged around this. Ansall is 6/4 fav

derekHFC
29-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Did Le Guen not try to implement this at Rangers when he first went there and there was an uproar?

Brightside
29-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Did Le Guen not try to implement this at Rangers when he first went there and there was an uproar?

Hibs do it all the time for different ko times. Its just to sort out the body clock so energy is optimised.

silverhibee
29-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Scoopyboy, maybe it's more to do with getting their eating habits to tie in with a 12.30 ko, when generally they might be having their pre match meal at this time

Do Hibs do pre match meals before games, home or away. I thought they just turned up at the ground 2 hours before the game and it was down to the players what they eat before turning up.

silverhibee
29-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Hibs do it all the time for different ko times. Its just to sort out the body clock so energy is optimised.

Do we train at night times when we play night games.

givescotlandfreedom
29-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't know about elsewhere but German teams normally train in the afternoon.

ancient hibee
29-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Should we not be training morning and afternoon each day?

silverhibee
30-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Should we not be training morning and afternoon each day?

No.

Spike Mandela
30-10-2015, 11:35 AM
No.

I take it there's a sports scientific reasoning to it?

Brightside
30-10-2015, 11:37 AM

Yes. Body needs recovery time to fully benefit from the work put in.

Biggie
30-10-2015, 11:59 AM
You have to have faith in Hibs with this. I mean they must have studied what big teams do (like the one across the city), and tried to mirror their methods.
If it brings success for them, whats not to like ?

:greengrin

silverhibee
30-10-2015, 12:00 PM

See above. Can you imagine the players training 9-5 each day, that would mean some players having to get up about 6 in the morning to get to EM for 9 o'clock, getting home at 7 at night, then ask them to play a game of football on the Saturday, they would struggle, players need rest as well after the training they do so that the body recovers well. May I add that apart from this week the players have to be at EM for 9 o'clock each training day. :aok:

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Do we train at night times when we play night games.

I would assume it only happens when we have a full week build up just like for this game.

Haymaker
30-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Yes. Body needs recovery time to fully benefit from the work put in.

Indeed it does.

Allant1981
30-10-2015, 04:45 PM
See above. Can you imagine the players training 9-5 each day, that would mean some players having to get up about 6 in the morning to get to EM for 9 o'clock, getting home at 7 at night, then ask them to play a game of football on the Saturday, they would struggle, players need rest as well after the training they do so that the body recovers well. May I add that apart from this week the players have to be at EM for 9 o'clock each training day. :aok:

Poor wee lambs having to do a full day!! They dont need to do cardio all day long though, they could be going over tactics, watching footage of previous games or next opponents, football players in general have a very easy life when it comes to "work" hours

Ronniekirk
01-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Did we replace Craig Flannigan who is now at Rangers read somewhere we were not letting him go till we brought a replacement in so assume we have but don't remember seeing it mentioned on Hibs official site

tamig
01-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Poor wee lambs having to do a full day!! They dont need to do cardio all day long though, they could be going over tactics, watching footage of previous games or next opponents, football players in general have a very easy life when it comes to "work" hours

I'm sure there are numerous different ways clubs around the world train. Was Neilson not giving them triple sessions for most, if not all, of last season? I know a lot of European club sides do morning and afternoon sessions as a matter of course. Different types of work obviously working on different things as you suggest.