PDA

View Full Version : The missing. ..

vuefrom1875
29-10-2015, 01:24 AM
389,442 where the devil did they get to last night?

ancient hibee
29-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Well they're certainly not coming to Easter Road are they.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Same place as our missing 4,000?

Waxy
29-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Who started this 400,000 fans thingy? I remember it from a while back but its a bit hazy now.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Who started this 400,000 fans thingy? I remember it from a while back but its a bit hazy now.

Vlad.

flash
29-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Don't start threads about Hertz. You just get folk queuing up to slate Hibs.
Best start one about how wonderful old Budgie is instead.

keep the faith
29-10-2015, 06:01 PM

I don't think it's that mate. It's just difficult to slate other teams crowds when we have so many not turning up at the moment.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Vlad.

Talk 107 done their best to promote it after they drew with Gretna in the cup final a few years back.

Not sure who or what done the survey.

flash
29-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I don't think it's that mate. It's just difficult to slate other teams crowds when we have so many not turning up at the moment.

The day I find it difficult to slate the sparryheids will be a long time coming.

Pete
29-10-2015, 06:09 PM

:agree: Especially when it comes to fans attending games. The self-loathing, negative posts always crop up to try and kill it stone dead, using our own attendances as a comparison.

They are totally missing the point. Hearts are the ones who call themselves big and brag about sell outs. We have every right to laugh at them when they fail to live up to their own hype.

Pete
29-10-2015, 06:11 PM

It's easy to slate them. Especially the teams who claim to be something they aren't.

Our fans have been through hell and we are damn lucky to get what we do.

Eyrie
29-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Talk 107 done their best to promote it after they drew with Gretna in the cup final a few years back.

Not sure who or what done the survey.

It was very scientific.

They stopped a random sample of people at a cardigan sale and asked if there were any Hearts supporters in their family to which the response was "My dad, my brother, my uncle, my cousin, both granddads, my mum, my sister, my aunt, my other cousin and both grannies".

Unfortunately the person doing the survey assumed that meant twelve different individuals and not just the actual two (Yam family relationships being what they are).

keep the faith
29-10-2015, 06:41 PM
It's easy to slate them. Especially the teams who claim to be something they aren't.

Our fans have been through hell and we are damn lucky to get what we do.

I agree it's easy to slate them on their delusion, their cheating, their puppet manager, their tin pot stadium, their hired training facilities and their manipulated supporters.
Just at this moment in time we can't really have a pop at their crowds.
It hacks me off, as the guys that come along to ER are fantastic and we have done to death the reasons why some have stopped going but the hard fact is that not enough of our potential support are coming along based on the size of our club.
We need to stop pretending 8k is a good crowd.
All my opinion of course.

Ringothedog
29-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Out of curiosity, when did getting 8k become a "bad" crowd ?

Are you really saying that in Scottish terms it is poor, you are having a laugh. It is still the 5th biggest in Scotland. What would you say is a good crowd for a team playing in the second tier of Scottish football ? 9k, 10k, 15k ?

All things considered our crowds are holding up quite well.

And I couldn't give a flying what crowds they get over the other side of the city.

I agree it's easy to slate them on their delusion, their cheating, their puppet manager, their tin pot stadium, their hired training facilities and their manipulated supporters.
It hacks me off, as the guys that come along to ER are fantastic and we have done to death the reasons why some have stopped going but the hard fact is that not enough of our potential support are coming along based on the size of our club.

Alfred E Newman
29-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Why slate other teams when we can slate our own.

Thecat23
29-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Hearts are honking, their fans are jakeballs.... Nothing else to add!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-10-2015, 07:09 PM

Maybe your post is best left at Don't start threads about Hearts?

Bishop Hibee
29-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Out of curiosity, when did getting 8k become a "bad" crowd ?

Are you really saying that in Scottish terms it is poor, you are having a laugh. It is still the 5th biggest in Scotland. What would you say is a good crowd for a team playing in the second tier of Scottish football ? 9k, 10k, 15k ?

All things considered our crowds are holding up quite well.

And I couldn't give a flying what crowds they get over the other side of the city.

Same crowds we got under blobby but in a lower league with crap away supports. It's a .net fact that 8-9K is "poor". Beat the Huns on Sunday and keep the winning streak going and crowds will start growing.

keep the faith
29-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Same crowds we got under blobby but in a lower league with crap away supports. It's a .net fact that 8-9K is "poor". Beat the Huns on Sunday and keep the winning streak going and crowds will start growing.

I hope so. This team deserves more going along.

PatHead
29-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Was speaking to the resident Jambo at work who is a season ticket holder. He was saying today that the football this season is honking and reckons a lot of them will give up their tickets next season as they aren't winning every week.

By the way, there was a dead pigeon lying under the seat in front of him and it seemingly looked like it had been there a while. He wasn't impressed when I asked if it had been eating the asbestos.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Was speaking to the resident Jambo at work who is a season ticket holder. He was saying today that the football this season is honking and reckons a lot of them will give up their tickets next season as they aren't winning every week.

By the way, there was a dead pigeon lying under the seat in front of him and it seemingly looked like it had been there a while. He wasn't impressed when I asked if it had been eating the asbestos.

Only takes a quick look on kickback to see that the natives are getting a wee bit restless

PatHead
29-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Only takes a quick look on kickback to see that the natives are getting a wee bit restless

Don't like going on there Billy.

Sammy7nil
29-10-2015, 08:19 PM

She was great in goal when we won the cup

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Don't like going on there Billy.

It's worth a venture over after they've lost.
Seemingly less than impressed with Levein's summer recruitment policy, most of the new recruits getting a panning

hibs0666
29-10-2015, 08:25 PM
She was great in goal when we won the cup

She hasn't aged well though. Wonder if she still does tricks with an orange when watching the telly when she's got visitors in.

lord bunberry
29-10-2015, 08:35 PM
She hasn't aged well though. Wonder if she still does tricks with an orange when watching the telly when she's got visitors in.
Her book was great, apparently her dad wanted her to be a rugby league player.

monarch
29-10-2015, 08:43 PM

It started life on the Ukio Group website where they listed all the business interests of the group ie the Ukio bank, the aluminium smelter in Bosnia, Kaunas FC, some football team in Belarus as well as the "famous(?)" from Edinburgh. Under the paragraph relating to the latter it was stated that they had 400,000 supporters.
It would appear that their research was slightly askew.

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2015, 06:44 PM
It was very scientific.

They stopped a random sample of people at a cardigan sale and asked if there were any Hearts supporters in their family to which the response was "My dad, my brother, my uncle, my cousin, both granddads, my mum, my sister, my aunt, my other cousin and both grannies".

Unfortunately the person doing the survey assumed that meant twelve different individuals and not just the actual two (Yam family relationships being what they are).

A cardigan sale? I was told they just counted the names on the sex offenders register?

O'Rourke3
30-10-2015, 06:58 PM

Actually I think we can. The ticket sales are only so large because without a "sell out" plus Foundation of Cardigans they are deceased. Many would go but they only got that level of ST purchase as it meant they could put the team together this year. When the crowd starts to drop they are forked.