View Full Version : It's started

28-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Rotherham United are considering a January approach to sign Hibernian striker Jason Cummings, with manager Neil Redfearn to have the 20-year-old watched in this weekend's Scottish Championship game against Rangers. (Daily Express, print edition)

28-10-2015, 07:00 AM
We would do well to just ignore this nonsense.

It's not even subtle and all a bit sad.

28-10-2015, 07:03 AM
This not the same team that tried to stir the mix with Scott Alan. ?

28-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Hope Jase reads this and thinks "well, one way to make teams want me even more would be to score a hat trick on Sunday".

28-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Apparently the only team he "ever wantit tae play for" oh hang on wasn't that .......

Matt92
28-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Oh no!!! Not the famous Rotherham United!!

28-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Looking forward to Warburton being 'tipped' for the Villa job or even the Chelsea gig...

28-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Rotherham?

Lol....

....is a ****hole

Fact

28-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Where are Rotherham going to get 2 million quid from?

Positives:

A nice wee stadium
6 miles from Sheffield
In a decent league
Better wages than Hibs

Negatives:

Rotherham is ( allegedly ) a dump
Following a crap last season, having a crap this season ..... odds on to go down?
The town that gave the world Jive Bunny
If the Muffin man sticks around he can and probably will do better ... a move there is unlikely to advance his career.

28-10-2015, 08:34 AM
It'll stop when folk eventually stop buying newspapers, which can't be too far away.

28-10-2015, 08:54 AM
It'll stop when folk eventually stop buying newspapers, which can't be too far away.

Why would that stop it? I read it without buying a newspaper

28-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Rotherham today, The Huns tomorrow .. yawn

H18S NX
28-10-2015, 10:06 AM
rotherham/the rangers talking about Hibs just before an important game,nah,unheard of.

28-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Why would that stop it? I read it without buying a newspaper

I would imagine the implication was if people stopped buying them altogether then the company would go bust.

Following on you would have great difficulty reading the on-line version if there wasn't one.

Ok, there is the "The Rangers this weekend" angle.

But he's a young man scoring a lot of goals.

He's going to attract interest, and we would probably be prepared to do business for an amount of money that is sweeties to some of these clubs.

We're going to need to get used to this.

So Malonga to Brescia yesterday, Cummings to Rotherham today. Mcginn to XX tomorrow? :rolleyes:

28-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Ok, there is the "The Rangers this weekend" angle.

But he's a young man scoring a lot of goals.

He's going to attract interest, and we would probably be prepared to do business for an amount of money that is sweeties to some of these clubs.

We're going to need to get used to this.

We will and I like it.

I think it will be happening with John McGinn in the not too distant future.

I would be more concerned if nobody was interested in buying our players.

28-10-2015, 10:13 AM
So Malonga to Brescia yesterday, Cummings to Rotherham today. Mcginn to XX tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Malonga was very close to leaving in August, no idea who to however.

28-10-2015, 10:15 AM
I posted last week a list of things to expect from the papers leasing up to Sunday's game.

It's embarrassing it really is that they do it every single time. I hope they all go bust because I wouldn't wipe my arse with any of the red tops never mind buy one!

I suggest others do the same.

28-10-2015, 10:31 AM
We will and I like it.

Other clubs will always be interested in goal scorers, we have to expect it along with interest in hibs other top players, thats been the way for as long as I have followed hibs, Blackley, Brownlie, Bremner, Goram etc etc etc.
My only real concern is the fact it could happen when we are still in our current league, in days gone by it happened when hibs were in the top league and could better afford the player loss.

28-10-2015, 10:53 AM
****ing hell. Stop the press (see what I done there :greengrin)

One fitba team watches another fitba team's good player playing fitba.

Err, there it starts and there it ends.

SFW?

And this is a "story"?

28-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Rotherham?

Lol....

....is a ****hole

Fact
Been there five times in my life. It is in fact a dump.

28-10-2015, 11:40 AM

To be fair the Huns financial position is also getting an aspiring and its off far greater consequence than our bits off tittle tattle.

nellio
28-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Jason is a young striker regularly scoring goals. He's bound to attract attention.

Just the timing of the story that most would have an issue, a few days before a crucial game. Hmmmmm.

28-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I would imagine the implication was if people stopped buying them altogether then the company would go bust.

Following on you would have great difficulty reading the on-line version if there wasn't one.

Not necessarily, they would just move to an online platform. That said, Twitter is your friend.

28-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Cummings is a young striker full of confidence, any speculation surrounding him will only lead to him being even more confident and scoring even more goals IMO.

28-10-2015, 12:08 PM
This not the same team that tried to stir the mix with Scott Alan. ?

Yes it was, they have just changed managers too... Seems a bit odd to me? :confused:

28-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't look at the papers much so it might already be out there but surely loads of clubs are looking at Tavenier (sp?) and Waghorn and trying to decide whether or not they might maybe possibly make a bid of some sort at some time in the future? That'd be a good story?

28-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Personally I have no problem with any club who are legitimately interested in our players. As everyone says, means we have good players. However, what I do have a problem with is papers working for certain clubs, targeting our players before important games for the sole reason of disrupting that players focus on the game. Yes it's been happening for years but it still doesn't make it right. Why anyone would buy these rags is beyond me.

TheFamous1875
28-10-2015, 02:53 PM
The worst thing about the West-coast media's traditional deliberate upsetting of the opposition is that, on the face of it, they're simply reporting on the build up to a big game involving two big teams. The sheer blatant sleekitness of the motions they put in place to upset the opposition is nothing short of disgusting. But then again, they're 'only reporting the build up to a big match'.

28-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I heard Mark Warburton thinks Dave King is a deceitful **** and has instructed his agent to 'keep him informed' about potential managerial vacancies at English clubs.

Am I doing it right?

29-10-2015, 02:24 AM
I heard Mark Warburton thinks Dave King is a deceitful **** and has instructed his agent to 'keep him informed' about potential managerial vacancies at English clubs.

Am I doing it right?

Nah, your question has probably alerted a few gullible Hun visitors. :greengrin By the way, did you know that 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford Dictionary?

29-10-2015, 05:24 AM
We will and I like it.

Are there rumours about McGinn already?!

29-10-2015, 06:05 AM

Celtic won't want him yet so I can't see it.

29-10-2015, 06:57 AM

Not that I am aware of 3pm.

If he continues to improve I think it is just a matter of time however.

With him signing a 4 year deal I would like to think we wouldn't sell before a couple of years is up.

rotherhamrob
29-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Rotherham?

Lol....

....is a ****hole

Fact
Ha ha, as you can see from my username I live in rotherham and can confirm that your description is very kind as it is an absolute ****hole

29-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Ha ha, as you can see from my username I live in rotherham and can confirm that your description is very kind as it is an absolute ****hole

Fair play to you mate! :faf:

29-10-2015, 09:10 AM

What about Wentworth and Elescar? Going there for a couple of days in February next year. I'm on a course but is there anything worth seeing/doing while I'm in the area?

29-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Take the money if there's an offer if its good enough.

29-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Take the money if there's an offer if its good enough.

Hiya Rod!

Hiya pal!

rotherhamrob
29-10-2015, 08:38 PM
What about Wentworth and Elescar? Going there for a couple of days in February next year. I'm on a course but is there anything worth seeing/doing while I'm in the area?

Wentworth is a better area than rotherham however I kid you not, there is nothing to see or do.
You would be best finding a pub you like and sticking with it.
I'm up in Edinburgh for my 50th in jan and praying we get drawn at home in the cup

30-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Wentworth is a better area than rotherham however I kid you not, there is nothing to see or do.
You would be best finding a pub you like and sticking with it.
I'm up in Edinburgh for my 50th in jan and praying we get drawn at home in the cup

there's a brewery, stately home and garden in Wentworth that I might pay a visit, and I've booked a cottage in Elescar near the heritage centre, but I think the more interesting places are probably on my journeys to and from Wentworth. The Yourkshire Sculpture park is always worth a visti and I've not been to the Hepworth centre in Wakefield yet.