PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's games

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 06:14 PM
0-0 between Caley and County. Caley only have 3 outfield players on the bench due to injuries, including ex Hibee Lewis Horner

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Carey should be one up but missed a sitter.

Who was the u-20 full back they took from us? Is he still there, anyone know how he's getting on? Think the other full back went to Dundee?

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Pretty decent atmosphere from the County fans.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Carey should be one up but missed a sitter.

Who was the u-20 full back they took from us? Is he still there, anyone know how he's getting on? Think the other full back went to Dundee?

Think you mean Ryan Baptie, he was released at the end of last season, think he's at Peterhead now

woodythehibee
27-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Think you mean Ryan Baptie, he was released at the end of last season, think he's at Peterhead now
I remember the outcry on here when he got released. Seems like Hibs got it spot on.

hibsbollah
27-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Pretty decent atmosphere from the County fans.

I was just thinking how you quiet the fans are, you can hear every shout from the players.

Wolsburg Bayern Munich for me I'm afraid...

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Some strike by the County player, rattles the bar from about 35 yards

Smartie
27-10-2015, 06:33 PM
I remember the outcry on here when he got released. Seems like Hibs got it spot on.

Which they normally seem to do.

I must admit that I raised an eyebrow when he was released, as I have when Hibs have released other players. As I said though the club don't get many of these wrong.

Although in the run-up to that decision being made Hibs were getting a lot of calls wrong.

A fullback that was considered promising yet was unable to dislodge either Maybury or McGivern from the fullback positions (can't remember if he was LB or RB) can't actually have been that promising after all though.

hibsbollah
27-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Thomas Muller misses a great chance early on. Wolfsburg can't get out of their half.

Aldo
Liam McLeod "the ICT keeper Williams played in goals for Bradford against Chelsea when they beat them last season at Stamford Bridge". REALLY!

Pile of guff it was ex Hibs Keeper Ben Williams!

Billy Whizz
Which they normally seem to do.

I must admit that I raised an eyebrow when he was released, as I have when Hibs have released other players. As I said though the club don't get many of these wrong.

Although in the run-up to that decision being made Hibs were getting a lot of calls wrong.

A fullback that was considered promising yet was unable to dislodge either Maybury or McGivern from the fullback positions (can't remember if he was LB or RB) can't actually have been that promising after all though.

I think it was a bit to do with the situation at the time. Baptie was offered a new 2 year deal, but when we were relegated, it was pulled, and a few other lads got released.
Shows you players develop from youngsters into adulthood. People I know who follow youth football said Ryan was a superstar around 13-15. Shows you how tough it is to make it

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 06:38 PM
This ICT game is like watching a game at Ainslie park. No atmosphere at all. Rotten crowd really is.

hibsbollah
27-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Wolfsburgs kit is gorgeous.

hibsbollah
27-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Superb strike by Costa, 1-0 Bayern 15 mins.

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 06:48 PM
This ICT game is like watching a game at Ainslie park. No atmosphere at all. Rotten crowd really is.

Disappointing given how well both teams are doing and the fact it's a Derby and a quarter final.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 06:50 PM
1-0 Ross County. Good header.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Disappointing given how well both teams are doing and the fact it's a Derby and a quarter final.

My thoughts exactly.

Golden Bear
27-10-2015, 06:54 PM
About exciting as a cauld fish supper I'm afraid.

hibsbollah
27-10-2015, 06:57 PM
2-0 Muller.

bingo70
27-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Watching Sheffield Wednesday, would like them back in the top flight. Proper football club playing in a proper stadium, much better than these identikit one stadium fits all you see popping up at the likes of hull, Derby, Boro etc.....

Same applies to Nottingham forest.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 07:11 PM
2-0 County. Good goal.

Smartie
27-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Watching Sheffield Wednesday, would like them back in the top flight. Proper football club playing in a proper stadium, much better than these identikit one stadium fits all you see popping up at the likes of hull, Derby, Boro etc.....

Same applies to Nottingham forest.

:agree:

And for all I don't like them as a club, Leeds are a "proper" club.

I always like to see the big teams in the top league.

I've never been a fan of Wigan, Fulham, Bournemouth etc getting into the top league, even if it is entirely on merit.

Or Gretna up here.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Should be 3-0 Ross County, poor header.

Blaster
27-10-2015, 07:15 PM

Needs some mercer or paedo songs to better the atmosphere 😜

The_Exile
27-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Jackson Irvine looks a cracking player, I know nothing about him though!!

BroxburnHibee
27-10-2015, 07:26 PM
2-0 to Wednesday!!!!!

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 07:41 PM
2-1. Good strike but keeper should do better.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Inverness 1-2 Ross County

Good goal.

bingo70
27-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Inverness game turned out not too bad and atmosphere picked up now.

2nd half has been more exciting than most English games I've watched this season.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Needs some mercer or paedo songs to better the atmosphere 😜

Haha don't start!!!! 😄

Sergey
27-10-2015, 07:50 PM
In the Pub League, it's currently Enfield Town 1 - 0 Hendon

Scorer was Corey Whiteley who is on trial later this week up at Middlesbrough. Good set-up play by ex-Fulham youth captain Tayshan Hayden-Smith who is being watched by at least half-a-dozen league clubs tonight (Luton/Peterborough/Crystal Palace/Millwall are 4 that I know of).

Diclonius
27-10-2015, 07:54 PM
"Champion*****" just been said on BBC Scotland instead of "Championship side". Oh the hilarity.

Sir David Gray
Morton 1-0 St Johnstone

Pretty Boy
1-0 Morton v St Johnstone.

3pm
27-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Hibs v Hertz in the semi final.

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Full time;

Inverness 1-2 Ross County

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Sheff Wed 3-0 Arsenal 😂😂

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 07:59 PM

Behave

3pm
27-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Sheff Wed 3-0 Arsenal 😂😂

Arsenal are a joke at times.

3pm
27-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Behave

:o(

silverhibee
27-10-2015, 08:00 PM
In the Pub League, it's currently Enfield Town 1 - 0 Hendon

Scorer was Corey Whiteley who is on trial later this week up at Middlesbrough. Good set-up play by ex-Fulham youth captain Tayshan Hayden-Smith who is being watched by at least half-a-dozen league clubs tonight (Luton/Peterborough/Crystal Palace/Millwall are 4 that I know of).

What's the Guisely vs Halifax score. :aok:

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Arsenal are a joke at times.

Very strange side, win games I'd think they'd lose and lose the games they should win.

Nearly 4-0 there!!

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:02 PM

I'd love that. Honestly think we'd win that!

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Saints equalise, now 1-1, Steven Maclean

HH81
27-10-2015, 08:06 PM
What's the Guisely vs Halifax score. :aok:

1-0 alifax last I heard.

silverhibee
1-2 St Johnstone

Sir David Gray
Morton 1-2 St Johnstone

Two goals in two minutes.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:09 PM
I see Stoke are beating lowly Chelsea 1-0

silverhibee
27-10-2015, 08:19 PM
1-0 alifax last I heard.

Not what I wanted to hear john.

HH81
27-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Not what I wanted to hear john.

1-1¿

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Morton 1-3 St Johnstone, full time.

Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

MWHIBBIES
27-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Arsenal are a joke at times.Such a joke they are second in the prem on goal difference and beat Bayern last week. Wish Hibs were as big a joke as them.

Arsenal obviously should still have won but it was very much a reserve team.

Diclonius
27-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Stoke knock Chelsea out the league cup. Mourinho, yer oot.

SteveHFC
27-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Stoke knock Chelsea out the league cup. Mourinho, yer oot.

Get it up them :aok:

worcesterhibby
27-10-2015, 10:44 PM
but it was very much a reserve team.

Czech, Mertesacker, Flamini, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Walcott, Geroud..all played

the "2nd team" players were -
French International Mathieu Debuchy
England International calum Chambers
England International Keiran Gibbs
Finish u21 international Glen kamara
Nigerian International - Alex Iwobi

poor result for Arsenal..excellent result for Sheffield..despite their excellent form of late and their wealth of high class talent..these sorts of results never surprise me with Arsene Wenger teams

ian cruise
27-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Jackson Irvine looks a cracking player, I know nothing about him though!!

Young lad they signed for Celtic. Think he was quite highly thought of there too.

Michael
27-10-2015, 11:01 PM

poor result for Arsenal..excellent result for Sheffield..despite their excellent form of late and their wealth of high class talent..these sorts of results never surprise me with Arsene Wenger teams

Flamini is very much a reserve player for Arsenal now. Ox and Walcot injured within 20 minutes.

After the injuries I think SW were always going to be favourites.

Mibbes Aye
27-10-2015, 11:14 PM

The 2nd team players you've listed are reserves though and aren't really internationals at all :greengrin

I think Chambers has two international starts, one against San Marino, and nine minutes against Norway.

Gibbs has only six starts in five years for England and is possibly fourth-choice LB in Hodgson's mind

Kamara and Iwobi and Bennacer and Bielik all made their first-team debuts tonight. Four players making their debut in top-flight football for Arsenal. I think Bielik payed a couple of games in Poland but otherwise that's it. These are fledgling players.

Flamini and Debuchy are definitely second XI and Giroud probably too, despite his form. Campbell is nowhere near first team.

This was a weak Arsenal team. No disrespect to Wednesday, they still had to play and win, and they did so convincingly.

hibees 7062
27-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Morton 1-3 St Johnstone, full time.

Stoke 1-1 Chelsea

No Championship clubs left in the cup then ?

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2015, 12:48 AM
The 2nd team players you've listed are reserves though and aren't really internationals at all :greengrin

I think Chambers has two international starts, one against San Marino, and nine minutes against Norway.

Gibbs has only six starts in five years for England and is possibly fourth-choice LB in Hodgson's mind

Kamara and Iwobi and Bennacer and Bielik all made their first-team debuts tonight. Four players making their debut in top-flight football for Arsenal. I think Bielik payed a couple of games in Poland but otherwise that's it. These are fledgling players.

Flamini and Debuchy are definitely second XI and Giroud probably too, despite his form. Campbell is nowhere near first team.

This was a weak Arsenal team. No disrespect to Wednesday, they still had to play and win, and they did so convincingly.Yep. Wasn't anywhere close to a strong Arsenal team, anything without Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez and Koscielny is a pretty average team.

--------
28-10-2015, 03:02 AM

And for all I don't like them as a club, Leeds are a "proper" club.

I always like to see the big teams in the top league.

I've never been a fan of Wigan, Fulham, Bournemouth etc getting into the top league, even if it is entirely on merit.

Or Gretna up here.

So what do you do - fix the results to keep the teams you consider "big teams" in the top league? Are you OK with the idea of the usual "big teams" in Scotland always dominating?

And besides, Leeds United have shuttled back and forth between the top and second tiers of English football all the years they've existed. The longest consecutive spell they've had in the top division is 18 years - 1968-82, when Revie was manager. (Come to think of it, Revie was a great supporter of the idea of fixing matches to keep his team in the top division.) They're not a "big" team in the sense that Arsenal, Manchester United or Liverpool are "big" teams.

Teams like Burnley, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Charlton Athletic and Fulham have all at one time or another been considered natural members of the top tier in England - and Blackpool were a real force in the years after WW2 when Stan Matthews was playing for them. Wolves were very strong in the 50's and again in the 1960's. But no longer.

Times change. Clubs progress, then decline. No team has the right to assume the right to be always in the top tier. League position should always be decided on merit, and supporters of "big" teams need to realise that their "big" team's only as "big" as their current League position.

Still, you don't have to worry about Wigan and Fulham any more, and Bournemouth look as if they're going to slip back down again this season. How do you feel about Crystal Palace? Are they "big" enough to merit a place in the Premier? What about Swansea? Southampton? Norwich? Watford? Leicester?

HoboHarry
28-10-2015, 03:26 AM
So what do you do - fix the results to keep the teams you consider "big teams" in the top league? Are you OK with the idea of the usual "big teams" in Scotland always dominating?

And besides, Leeds United have shuttled back and forth between the top and second tiers of English football all the years they've existed. The longest consecutive spell they've had in the top division is 18 years - 1968-82, when Revie was manager. (Come to think of it, Revie was a great supporter of the idea of fixing matches to keep his team in the top division.) They're not a "big" team in the sense that Arsenal, Manchester United or Liverpool are "big" teams.

Teams like Burnley, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Charlton Athletic and Fulham have all at one time or another been considered natural members of the top tier in England - and Blackpool were a real force in the years after WW2 when Stan Matthews was playing for them. Wolves were very strong in the 50's and again in the 1960's. But no longer.

Times change. Clubs progress, then decline. No team has the right to assume the right to be always in the top tier. League position should always be decided on merit, and supporters of "big" teams need to realise that their "big" team's only as "big" as their current League position.

Still, you don't have to worry about Wigan and Fulham any more, and Bournemouth look as if they're going to slip back down again this season. How do you feel about Crystal Palace? Are they "big" enough to merit a place in the Premier? What about Swansea? Southampton? Norwich? Watford? Leicester?
Bravo Doddie. Well said and an excellent post.....:clapper:

hibsbollah
28-10-2015, 05:16 AM
Yep. Wasn't anywhere close to a strong Arsenal team, anything without Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez and Koscielny is a pretty average team.

I think the point is that any one of that 'reserve' Arsenal team would stroll into the Owls side as best player and probably record signing. They clearly just go out without property motivated.

MWHIBBIES
28-10-2015, 08:37 AM
I think the point is that any one of that 'reserve' Arsenal team would stroll into the Owls side as best player and probably record signing. They clearly just go out without property motivated.Individually yes, as 11 players who have only played together in training so have no synergy or experience together of course they wont be as strong. Anyone can lose a one off game with a reserve side, over 38 Wednesday wouldn't get close.

Smartie
28-10-2015, 09:45 AM

All very fair points.

I absolutely DO NOT think that anything should be fixed to keep the big teams at the top. Teams should be where they are ON SPORTING MERIT ALONE - I'm not fussed whether they are big clubs or whether they are smaller clubs pouching above their weight or heavily bankrolled.

I just always seem to like it when the traditionally bigger teams get back into the Premier League and I don't like it when good, big clubs go down.

The post I responded to was about Sheffield Wednesday - a good, big club with a huge fan base, a history and a good big ground that has character. I'd take that over a club with a 20,000 capacity soulless flat-pack stadium, no history and probably a dubious foreign owner who bought them in a vain attempt to buy some sort of false adulation. Give me Forest with their European cups over a Reading any day of the week.

I don't have a preference of team when it comes to English football (well, maybe a wee soft spot for the Hammers) so I tend to watch English football for the spectacle. My point of view on this is mainly nostalgic - my first experience of football was collecting the stickers in Panini 86 so I always consider the clubs who were prominent at that time to be the biggest clubs and the collection of clubs who were in the top league at that time will always (rightly or wrongly - probably wrongly tbf) be the ones that I am fondest of being in the top flight. So Forest, Wednesday, Coventry, QPR - these are all teams that I love to see in the top flight.

I can't pretend that there isn't a wee bit of the green-eyed monster about it from a Hibs fan's perspective too. I accept that the standing of Scottish football in world terms has fallen. But I reserve the right to have an inflated sense of importance about where my football team lies in all of this. With the history, fan base etc we have I find it hard to see Bournemouth spending £8m on players from Ipswich in the "greatest league in the world" whilst we scramble about picking players up on free transfers to play league games against Alloa. I don't mind considering Hibs to be a smaller club than Wednesday, Forest or Leeds but I still resent the fact that Gary Caldwell can go to Wigan and pick up £40,000 a week.

--------
28-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I think the point is that any one of that 'reserve' Arsenal team would stroll into the Owls side as best player and probably record signing. They clearly just go out without property motivated.

That was a one-off result and over an entire season Arsenal would be in the top four or five of the EPL and Wednesday would almost certainly be relegated. (And I only say 'almost' because strange things happen in football sometimes. Just not over an entire season, usually.)

Wenger has problems with injuries and he decided to play the youngsters last night.

Those youngsters are very very good youngsters but being confronted by a Hillsborough nearly full of Wednesday fans well up for the tie, a Wednesday team equally up for it, and clearly not very well prepared for the game, and then losing Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott early on ....

Things went pear-shaped. They'll get over it. It seemed to me that Wenger was more concerned about the injuries than about the result at the end.

Things could have been entirely different if the referee had red-carded Sam Hutchinson on the half-hour - as he might have (and maybe even should have).

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Good post.

--------
28-10-2015, 10:25 AM
All very fair points.

I absolutely DO NOT think that anything should be fixed to keep the big teams at the top. Teams should be where they are ON SPORTING MERIT ALONE - I'm not fussed whether they are big clubs or whether they are smaller clubs pouching above their weight or heavily bankrolled.

I just always seem to like it when the traditionally bigger teams get back into the Premier League and I don't like it when good, big clubs go down.

The post I responded to was about Sheffield Wednesday - a good, big club with a huge fan base, a history and a good big ground that has character. I'd take that over a club with a 20,000 capacity soulless flat-pack stadium, no history and probably a dubious foreign owner who bought them in a vain attempt to buy some sort of false adulation. Give me Forest with their European cups over a Reading any day of the week.

I don't have a preference of team when it comes to English football (well, maybe a wee soft spot for the Hammers) so I tend to watch English football for the spectacle. My point of view on this is mainly nostalgic - my first experience of football was collecting the stickers in Panini 86 so I always consider the clubs who were prominent at that time to be the biggest clubs and the collection of clubs who were in the top league at that time will always (rightly or wrongly - probably wrongly tbf) be the ones that I am fondest of being in the top flight. So Forest, Wednesday, Coventry, QPR - these are all teams that I love to see in the top flight.

I can't pretend that there isn't a wee bit of the green-eyed monster about it from a Hibs fan's perspective too. I accept that the standing of Scottish football in world terms has fallen. But I reserve the right to have an inflated sense of importance about where my football team lies in all of this. With the history, fan base etc we have I find it hard to see Bournemouth spending £8m on players from Ipswich in the "greatest league in the world" whilst we scramble about picking players up on free transfers to play league games against Alloa. I don't mind considering Hibs to be a smaller club than Wednesday, Forest or Leeds but I still resent the fact that Gary Caldwell can go to Wigan and pick up £40,000 a week.

OK - I take all your points. I shouldn't have been up posting at that hour of the morning anyway but I have a bad leg and I couldn't sleep and I was being cheeky and I apologise if I gave offence. I really should know better at my age. Peace?

And I LOATHE Leeds United and all their works and I refuse to admit that they're really a "big" team in terms of the English League.

Jumped-up cheatin chancers is what they are. :grr:

You mention Forest, Wednesday, Coventry, and QPR.

When I first got interested in football, none of them would have been considered a really "big" team.

QPR were in Division 3 and had been for years. When they beat WBA in the 1967 League Cup Final, they were the giant-killers.

That same year, under Jimmy Hill, Coventry gained promotion to the First Division for the first time in their history. They went on to develop Highfield Road into the first all-seater stadium in Britain. They got all sorts of stick at the time - people were saying far worse about them than you were saying about Bournemouth.

Forest only came into the First Division in 1957 - it was really only when Brian Clough arrived that they became a power in English and European football, and sadly that didn't last all that very long.

Wednesday have been a bit of a yo-yo club, in and out of the top tier and never quite fulfilling their potential.

TBH, all four are clubs I have some affection for, especially Forest.

But I totally agree with you about big money-men just arriving on the scene, buying a club, pouring money into it, and expecting success overnight. Wednesday suffered from just this problem under Milan Mandaric, and the present owner Dejphon Chansiri (from Thailand) is talking about promotion to the EPL - "by 2017" I think. Shades of Cardiff and Swansea, I think. Just hope Wednesday get the Swansea scenario rather than the Cardiff one. It all depends on just what sort of person Chansiri is.

Times change, and new money's needed in football. Not all new investors are like Abramovich or Al Mubarak; I sincerely hope that NO TROPHIES AT ALL end up at Stamford Bridge or Maine Road this season or any other season. Sadly, money talks. And loadsamoney seems to always get what it screams for.

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 01:06 PM
So who do we want to win tonight? As much as I'd love Hearts to get a real doing part of me wants them to get through and meet us. Miss the Derby games and believe we would beat them again.

Actually **** it, 0-6 Celtic 😁

Diclonius
28-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that in late January Hibs will be playing Hearts at Hampden in the semi final of the League Cup. The forces of nature will refuse to let a season pass without an Edinburgh derby, and the blazers will refuse to let us play it at Murrayfield. :agree:

southsider
28-10-2015, 01:44 PM
If we can beat DU we will be drawn against RC. Smelik or cheats will play St. J

JimBHibees
28-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Hope Hearts win as we have more chance of winnign it however have been there before. :greengrin

If they are to lose lets make it a pummelling with 6 red cards for both teams.

Aldo
28-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Hope Hearts win as we have more chance of winnign it however have been there before. :greengrin If they are to lose lets make it a pummelling with 6 red cards for both teams.

I see where your coming from Jim but I want that robbing cheatin mob beaten every game,

Hibee87
28-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Hope Hearts win as we have more chance of winnign it however have been there before. :greengrin

If they are to lose lets make it a pummelling with 6 red cards for both teams.

I think hearts might win tonight actually, and we can them pump them in the next round :thumbsup:

Pete
28-10-2015, 03:44 PM
So who do we want to win tonight? As much as I'd love Hearts to get a real doing part of me wants them to get through and meet us. Miss the Derby games and believe we would beat them again.

Actually **** it, 0-6 Celtic 😁

I don't know. If we were in the semi already I'd want Celtic out as it would open things up. There is also the chance of a derby and I reckon it would be a really even game (unlike the other mismatches). If we were out I'd want celtic to win as I don't want hearts winning any cups.

Not knowing our position means I'm torn..but I suppose there are positives in both scenarios. I actually think Hearts will win tonight as they are pretty solid just now and Celtic aren't a happy camp. They'll never have a better chance.

Albanian Hibs
28-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Think Hertz will win 😝

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 04:25 PM
I think hearts will win 1-0

Golden Bear
28-10-2015, 05:02 PM
I think hearts will win 1-0

Penalty of course

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-10-2015, 06:03 PM
18-0 for Celtic over the last 6 games they've played!

Betty Boop
28-10-2015, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't want them to win a game of tiddleywinks. I hope they get thrashed ! :greengrin

steakbake
28-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Not knowing our position means I'm torn..but I suppose there are positives in both scenarios. I actually think Hearts will win tonight as they are pretty solid just now and Celtic aren't a happy camp. They'll never have a better chance.

Haha yeah, they looked miserable against Dundee Utd on Sunday there...

I wouldn't fancy Hearts chances too much. Maybe that special atmosphere created by their 400,000 fans will be enough. Or perhaps Craig Thompson will be reffing.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 06:18 PM
sellick only given 1400 tickets for the wongadome

hibsbollah
28-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Radio Scotland talking about sellick exclusively.

Betty Boop
28-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Nah Michael Stewart's been banging on about Hertz for a good bit of the programme.

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 06:35 PM

Nah Michael Stewart's been banging on about Hertz for a good bit of the programme.

Is Biscuits ill? No arrived? Hopin' for a 0-0 plenty o' injuries, sendin' off's and swine flu at BBC radio Scotland, preferably with Packie Bonar the first to fall!:wink::greengrin

Billy Whizz
28-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Just noticed that Manchester United and City are playing at home in the cup tonight. Around 100,000 fans expected at both games, but Hibs v Dundee Utd and Hearts v Celtic can't be played in Edinburgh on the same night, with a combined crowd of 25,000 crowd

erin go bragh
28-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Just goes against the grain when it involves they pink parasites . Cant want them to win against anybody .
Mon the second to wear the green .

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 06:36 PM
here is the SF line up

Ross co v sellick
Hibs v st.johnstone

:)

not telling you the final line up incase anyones waiting on the highlights of the SF's

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 06:43 PM
broonaldo out :(

SJNB Hibby
28-10-2015, 06:45 PM

Actually **** it, 0-6 Celtic 

this!!!:agree::agree:

We'll probably no win it---would rather lose to the smellies than the cheats

SJNB Hibby
28-10-2015, 06:48 PM
18-0 for Celtic over the last 6 games they've played!

AND:

the cup holders have an excellent recent record at Tynecastle, winning on their last six visits with an average of four goals per game.
:aok:

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 06:54 PM
To be fair not to bad a crowd there tonight by the look of it. Watching it on Plex.

Hibee87
28-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Links to game out there guys, ive fpund it on kodi with sports devil plug in

Ronniekirk
28-10-2015, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Betty Boop;4490394]I wouldn't want them to win a game of tiddleywinks. I hope they get thrashed ! :greengrin[/

Is Tiddlywinks even played these days ? If so they can win that but agree I would like to see them getting thrashed tonight but don't think they will Could go to extra time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 07:04 PM
prince bawbag yellow carded

steakbake
28-10-2015, 07:06 PM
John Beaton is tonight's ref. He's the man in the middle on Sunday.

lord bunberry
28-10-2015, 07:08 PM
To be fair not to bad a crowd there tonight by the look of it. Watching it on Plex.
What channel is it on the plex mate, I can't find it.

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 07:09 PM

Link?

Frazerbob
28-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Anyone got a radio link, iPlayer not carrying it.

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 07:11 PM

Celtic TV bud.

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 07:12 PM
All Celtic with 21 players in Hearts half at times.

SJNB Hibby
28-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Danny Mills on Beeb

Imagine they win and the confidence that it would bring. Get a decent draw in the next round and they're in the semi-finals - one game away from Wembley.:confused:

How much does he get paid for this? Yes Danny---if IF you win all your games, your champions, or cup winners, that's how football works---but we KNOW that already

steakbake
28-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Anyone got a radio link, iPlayer not carrying it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland_mw

HibbyKeith
28-10-2015, 07:14 PM
All Celtic with 21 players in Hearts half at times.

I was always told the tynie atmosphere was intimidating, this is like a training game.

I'm_cabbaged
28-10-2015, 07:15 PM

I've got kodi but haven't got sports devil 😒 How do you add it?

Mark79
28-10-2015, 07:16 PM

I was always told the tynie atmosphere was intimidating, this is like a training game.

Does that mean a couple of the celtc players might end up battering one another?

HibbyKeith
28-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Does that mean a couple of the celtc players might end up battering one another?

:greengrin

Mark79
28-10-2015, 07:18 PM
For anyone with sky you can get the game on channel 914. It doesn't appear to be scrambled.

HibbyAndy
28-10-2015, 07:19 PM
For anyone with sky you can get the game on channel 914. It doesn't appear to be scrambled.

:greengrin

marinello59
28-10-2015, 07:20 PM

*******. My Mrs was not impressed! :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
28-10-2015, 07:22 PM
What channel is that? I'm on virgin 😞

Deek9
28-10-2015, 07:26 PM

914 not on my TV guide, can I add it?

lord bunberry
28-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Celtic TV bud.
I've not got that channel

Stax
*******. My Mrs was not impressed! :greengrin
Was just about to post some one'll be getting pelters :greengrin

Mark79
🎣

I'm_cabbaged
28-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Lol , I just text ma mates 😭

heretoday
28-10-2015, 07:34 PM
What a boring bunch of games tonight. Not like last night - yet.

CraigHibee
28-10-2015, 07:35 PM
watching the hearts v celtic game online and can't help but think why hearts only gave celtic a 3rd/half the away end when they can't even sell out the home end:confused: I'm sure the ****bos will claim it to be a sellout though

leggeto
28-10-2015, 07:37 PM
watching the hearts v celtic game online and can't help but think why hearts only gave celtic a 3rd/half the away end when they can't even sell out the home end:confused: I'm sure the ****bos will claim it to be a sellout though

What,you saying the 400k hordes weren't wanting a ticket

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 07:38 PM
I've not got that channel

You sure? If you have paid for the Plex service mate you should have it?

Tom Hart RIP
28-10-2015, 07:51 PM
11,598 at tynie

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 07:53 PM
411,598 at tynie

Fixed that for ya!:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:00 PM
very VERY disappointed the gimps are not down by at least a few goals by this stage in the game :I'm waiti

forrest coming off, the guy shouldn't even be playing in the top league, vastly overrated player imo

Biggie
28-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Well, that could have gone better.....sky channel 914 eh ?......I took control of the changer and fired over to 914 only to pull up flirtxchange - clearly some soft porn channel :greengrin
Now the Mrs is asking if I frequent these channels......didn't even know they existed love, honest.....

Diclonius
28-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Clearly offside Hearts goal disallowed. It's a disgrace or something.

Onion
28-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Has the same feel to it as the 2012 SC semi. IMO Yams are going to win this one :rolleyes:

erin go bragh
Flash scores just flashed up 1-0 to Hearts .
Then a min later it corrected it saying 0-0
To all you pink fuds with flash scores . Ha ha ha ha fin ha .

GGTTH

S4uzee
Can see hearts sneaking this

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Can see hearts sneaking this

Celtic have been rotten. Passing along the middle with nothing upfront. Hearts look more dangerous when going forward imo and as you say, could sneak it.

heretoday
28-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Has the same feel to it as the 2012 SC semi. IMO Yams are going to win this one :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Yup.

Diclonius
28-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I also reckon Hearts will get a late winner.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:13 PM
sparky :thumbsup:

leggeto
28-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Haha go on wee man

heretoday
:rolleyes: Yup.

:wink: Nope.

Diclonius
Hahahahahahaha best goal celebration ever

SteveHFC
Yasssss

brog
TBH, you look at that Celtc bench & there's no game changers there. I honestly believe our bench most weeks is stronger.

CraigHibee
28-10-2015, 08:15 PM
1-0 celtic, the natives will be restless

hibbymark
:flag:Booked for winding up the merricks :na na:

mutley

What was it? (For us radio listeners)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
Sparky !! Fantastic goal !

xyz23jc

:greengrinhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif Cost me dough, but worth it! :agree:

HibbyKeith
28-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Cracking goal Leigh.

an entire stand sings he looks like a thumb then the same stand boo like F***in babies when he scores and gives them the thumbs up.

skyehibee

What did he do?

CraigHibee
What,you saying the 400k hordes weren't wanting a ticket

i heard most of them thought it was sold out so never bothered to ask the ticket office :wink: :greengrin

H18S NX
28-10-2015, 08:17 PM
wee leigh scores and gives the gunts the thumbs

Sylar
Hearts vs Celtc is a game where I'm never happy with the outcome.

Short of a black hole appearing over the stadium, there's no satisfying outcome.

SteveHFC
@JamTarts: 71. Griffiths booked for his celebration #HMFCLive

:faf:

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:18 PM
can you hear the wee huns sing lol

Itsnoteasy
:greengrinhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif Cost me dough, but worth it! :agree:

You surely never backed them

HH81
Linesman with flag up at old trafford after a man u player put ball in his own net.

Seen replay it is unreal.

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 08:19 PM
@JamTarts: 71. Griffiths booked for his celebration #HMFCLive

What no mention of the goal? :greengrin:LOL:

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Linesman with flag up at old trafford after a man u player put ball in his own net.

Seen replay it is unreal.

Just saw it - looked offside.

Mikey09
28-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Cracking goal Leigh.

an entire stand sings he looks like a thumb then the same stand boo like F***in babies when he scores and gives them the thumbs up.

Boo ****in hoo yams! Greetin faced pricks...:na na:

NadeAteMyLunch!
Hearts vs Celtc is a game where I'm never happy with the outcome.

Short of a black hole appearing over the stadium, there's no satisfying outcome.

That's Hearts v Rangers for me

Off the bar
https://vine.co/v/eYT7q3uPA1U

LGs goal

xyz23jc
You surely never backed them

Got to, 7-1, but felt strangely filthy!!:greengrin

HH81
28-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Just saw it - looked offside.

Seen other replay now. Can't tell but would have been a class own goal.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:24 PM
sparky brace :greengrin

SteveHFC
28-10-2015, 08:25 PM

Betty Boop
Yasss!

gaz1875
:faf::faf:

HibbyKeith
28-10-2015, 08:26 PM
0-2

Brilliant play again by Sparky, holds off 3 players, drives to the line square pass across the 6yard box and a cheeky flick past the keeper by Rogic

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:26 PM
it was Rogic that scored not sparky

should have been 3

CraigHibee
28-10-2015, 08:27 PM
that'll be 2 now.

hello jambo bell ends looking in :greengrin

Diclonius
Griffiths taking Hearts apart - regardless of the team he plays for - is always fun.

Guess we'll be waiting till the Scottish Cup for our derby then.

Mikey09
"You look like a plum... You look like a pluuuuuum... Charity thieves, you all look like plums!!" :singing:

HibbyKeith
28-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Should be 3. Lustig heads wide unmarked 6 yards out after a well worked freekick.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:29 PM
55 years without a LC win eh...big team my erky

SJNB Hibby

Details for those of us stuk in New Hampshire please

Thecat23

If you look under PPV it should be there mate. Nearly finished now though sorry 😁

SteveHFC
28-10-2015, 08:30 PM
@Oldfirmfacts1: After going 2 up, Celtic's last challenge of the evening is to leave without some 6-year-old neds from the home support panning their bus in

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 08:34 PM
@Oldfirmfacts1: After going 2 up, Celtic's last challenge of the evening is to leave without some 6-year-old neds from the home support panning their bus in

And Anne Budge defending them by saying they were outraged by the continual sectarian abuse emanating from the away support!:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:34 PM
hertz score boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:36 PM
FT nae luck freakazoid pink gimps

Thecat23
Full time.

HibbyKeith
Full Time.
:na na:

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Lookin' forward tae the Ronny roar.:greengrin

lord bunberry
28-10-2015, 08:37 PM
If you look under PPV it should be there mate. Nearly finished now though sorry 
I must have got mine from a different supplier as I've not got a PPV option.

Tom Hart RIP
28-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Sorry if mentioned before but why is our game next week when the others have been this week.
Also when is draw for semi?

Sir David Gray
28-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Sorry if mentioned before but why is our game next week when the others have been this week.

Because Celtic and Dundee Utd both played on Sunday so neither team could have played last night and because us and Hearts are both at home, they wouldn't allow both matches to be played tonight so one of them had to be moved to next week and ours was chosen.

The draw's on Monday 9th November.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 08:42 PM

1. police scotland

2. not sure

bigwheel
28-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Because Celtic and Dundee Utd both played on Sunday so neither team could have played last night and because us and Hearts are both at home, they wouldn't allow both matches to be played tonight so one of them had to be moved to next week and ours was chosen.

true enough...interesting to note that Manchester Police allowed both City and United at home on the same night tonight - probably 100kish fans combined at both games...

That said, I'm glad we have a week to prep for the Sevco game.

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Lookin' forward tae the Ronny roar.:greengrin

:sick::sick::sick:

SteveHFC
28-10-2015, 08:53 PM
A few jambo mates are raging on facebook. Anyone got any jokes to wind them up? :greengrin

ekhibee
28-10-2015, 08:57 PM
A few jambo mates are raging on facebook. Anyone got any jokes to wind them up? :greengrin
Just copy and paste this!!!!

https://youtu.be/M18D10Lm0is

Scottie
28-10-2015, 09:09 PM
true enough...interesting to note that Manchester Police allowed both City and United at home on the same night tonight - probably 100kish fans combined at both games...

10,000 Boro fans (75 coaches from Middlesbrough ) amazing support for a midweek game :not worth :aok:

steakbake
28-10-2015, 09:11 PM

That said, I'm glad we have a week to prep for the Sevco game.

Edinburgh is tiny by comparison.

Www1875hfc
28-10-2015, 09:11 PM

Here show them this from Twitter, should maybe get a nibble.

Lets all laugh at Hearts. Locked out thousands of Celtic fans, got no TV money and pumped out of the cup. Anne Budge - genius - hahahaha

bigwheel
28-10-2015, 09:12 PM

i wouldn't say tiny...but it is smaller true...however, the crowd would be about a 1/4 of the size too..

Jim44
28-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Happy to see the Jambos getting cuffed but I suspect our own progress might have been easier with them rather than Celtic.

007 Mickey Weir
28-10-2015, 09:13 PM
10,000 Boro fans (75 coaches from Middlesbrough ) amazing support for a midweek game :not worth :aok:

I'm sure we would take 10k if we played Man Utd in a cup! But yes great support from Boro

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Hans Eskilsson's barnet?

Sir David Gray
28-10-2015, 09:24 PM

Tell them all about the Hearts double winning side from the 1985-86 season.

It always cheers me up whenever I'm having a bad day! :greengrin

brog
28-10-2015, 09:25 PM

Edinburgh's population is actually only about 20,000 less than Manchester's though the population of greater Manchester is about 5 times higher. However it's ridiculous IMO that the Edinburgh police cannot handle 2 games totalling a max of about 25,000 in the same evening.

blackpoolhibs
28-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Man u oot

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Man u oot

Pleasing for Trig :-)

Jonnyboy
28-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Man u oot

Sir David Gray
28-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Pleasing for Trig :-)

Bigger fish to fry.

Quite happy to leave the Capital One Cup to the smaller teams.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Quarter Final Draw

Boro v Everton
Soton v Lpool
Stoke v Shef Wed
Man City v Hull

heretoday
28-10-2015, 09:43 PM
The League Cup is good - better than the FA Cup in my view. Wenger, Mourinho and Van Gaal all left grimacing! The big clubs try to get away with playing reserves but it still hurts when it all goes pear-shaped.

SteveHFC
28-10-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.snspix.com/image/11383539_400_400_0_0_fit_0_c576faeefd2a56cb3b30288 2e3a9754b.jpg

Scottie
28-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Bigger fish to fry.

Quite happy to leave the Capital One Cup to the smaller teams.
:greengrin Would be nice to see the blue side of Merseyside pick up a trophy and let Klopp keep picking up the tattles at the end of the season.

Scouse Hibee
28-10-2015, 09:51 PM
:greengrin Would be nice to see the blue side of Merseyside pick up a trophy and let Klopp keep picking up the tattles at the end of the season.

Everton win a trophy! Let's keep it realistic eh :-)

Hibby70
28-10-2015, 09:58 PM
http://www.snspix.com/image/11383539_400_400_0_0_fit_0_c576faeefd2a56cb3b30288 2e3a9754b.jpg

Check out Karl Pilkington complaining to the ref.

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2015, 10:01 PM

That's been changed, as originally meant to have taken place on 2nd. Obviously want to do it after all ties played.

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2015, 10:03 PM

Has the guy in middle of picture only got two fingers on each hand?:cb

Haymaker
28-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Quarter Final Draw

Boro v Everton
Soton v Lpool
Stoke v Shef Wed
Man City v Hull

Would love to see Saints lift it.

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2015, 10:05 PM

Police Scotland totally overstretched / under staffed, and with the £25m VAT bill, they won't want to be paying overtime if neccessary

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Capital one cup highlights on channel 5 now

emerald green
28-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Super Leigh does them over again. Brilliant. Very pleasing.

Bad result for the Yams financially too, not making the semi-finals. Job done LG. :aok:

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Hahaha, freakoids going mental cause Grifiths gave them the thumbs up, what an embarassment!

Frazerbob
28-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Super Leigh does them over again. Brilliant. Very pleasing.

Bad result for the Yams financially too, not making the semi-finals. Job done LG. :aok:

No TV money, turning down 2k additional away fans and crap crowd at £20 a ticket. Financial mis-management I'd say!

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2015, 10:19 PM
No TV money, turning down 2k additional away fans and crap crowd at £20 a ticket. Financial mis-management I'd say!

They'll just add the poppy fund to their account and bump the rememberance fund.

emerald green
28-10-2015, 10:21 PM

The Hertz and financial matters eh? The two just don't go together correctly do they? :greengrin

emerald green
28-10-2015, 10:24 PM

The daftie in the top right of the photo looks like he's laughing and giving LG the thumbs up. :faf:

Iggy Pope
28-10-2015, 10:25 PM

Far left in the crap pink zip up is touching himself and loving it. They are embracing the wee man at last. Hope for all of us Anne, hope for all of us.

Kato
28-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Has the guy in middle of picture only got two fingers on each hand?:cb

He's predicting a two all draw.

Greencore
28-10-2015, 10:28 PM
They really are an ugly bunch down gorgie way. Had the mis fortune of sitting next to one on the bus from Dalkeith to town. Stupid lad fell asleep on the bus. Hope he missed his stop and got stranded.

S4uzee
28-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Far left in the crap pink zip up is touching himself and loving it. They are embracing the wee man at last. Hope for all of us Anne, hope for all of us.

That really is an awful zip up 😂😂

hibsbollah
28-10-2015, 10:40 PM

I like the Baldy mess above Leigh; pointing and crying to an imaginary fifth official :aok:

Iggy Pope
28-10-2015, 10:51 PM
I like the Baldy mess above Leigh; pointing and crying to an imaginary fifth official :aok:

The reprobate with a jaw full of teeth north East of that is equally absorbing. Steve has done well by sharing this snapshot of how not to do being alive.

Mibbes Aye
28-10-2015, 10:56 PM
They'll just add the poppy fund to their account and bump the rememberance fund.

I doubt STF will bail them out this time though.

cabbageandribs1875
28-10-2015, 11:01 PM

he's not exactly a wee laddie tae, look ref look...see how he's hurting us by putting his thumbs up at us....thoroughly embarrassing fgs

hibsbollah
28-10-2015, 11:03 PM
The reprobate with a jaw full of teeth north East of that is equally absorbing. Steve has done well by sharing this snapshot of how not to do being alive.

The confused Dr Evil to the right of Baldy Pointy Man also deserves a mention. 4 foot 10 inches maximum.

--------
28-10-2015, 11:10 PM

They look like a selection of Dr Frankenstein's unsuccessful prototypes. :devil:

hibees 7062
28-10-2015, 11:18 PM
They are a selection of Dr Frankenstein's unsuccessful prototypes. :devil:

Sorted :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I was sitting in Dickens after the game, seemingly the refs are against them and they never get any decisions because the fenian authorities dinnae want anyone challenging Celtic. Craig Thomson must be confused. :-)

SteveHFC
28-10-2015, 11:36 PM
I was sitting in Dickens after the game, seemingly the refs are against them and they never get any decisions because the fenian authorities dinnae want anyone challenging Celtic. Craig Thomson must be confused. :-)

Went there before a night out a few weeks ago. Most of them were still seething after the killie game.

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Highlights of the Hearts game are up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/34663616

GreenLake
29-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Seattle playing the Galaxy in a knockout stage of the MLS playoffs. Ricketts having a nightmare and Seattle have scored twice from gifts. Galaxy are level after 2 decent goals and keeping the wild 40,000 crowd quiet. Exciting game though and a decent cup tie.

If Galaxy win I get to see another home game! If they lose, it has been a great season of entertainment at the home games and I look forward to next. Nothing beats live football in a stadium and wherever I live I am going to watch the local team while following the Hibees on HibsTV!

:flag:Go Galaxy

HoboHarry
29-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Seattle playing the Galaxy in a knockout stage of the MLS playoffs. Ricketts having a nightmare and Seattle have scored twice from gifts. Galaxy are level after 2 decent goals and keeping the wild 40,000 crowd quiet. Exciting game though and a decent cup tie.

If Galaxy win I get to see another home game! If they lose, it has been a great season of entertainment at the home games and I look forward to next. Nothing beats live football in a stadium and wherever I live I am going to watch the local team while following the Hibees on HibsTV!

I know it's not footie but it's pretty exciting living in Kansas City right now as well

GreenLake
29-10-2015, 04:13 AM
I know it's not footie but it's pretty exciting living in Kansas City right now as well

Good luck in the playoffs - you deserved to win the last game! Galaxy have been playing awful last 3 games but tonight it was simple suicide. But the whole season prior to this has been brilliant and I loved watching them - a great game day experience with lots of booze and food and nice people to meet. We have won the MLS cup a few times and it is healthy that several teams can win it. I would hate if it became like Scotland with one dominant team - even if it was the Galaxy!

I bought Alan Gordon's number 9 "shirt off the back" at last home game auction and went onto the pitch where he signed it and wrote 7-0. A great moment for me and F*** the Cheats. :greengrin

The highlight of the season was the invite to a party in Huntingdon Beach after the NYCFC game. We absolutely could not go due to a dinner engagement later that evening. The guy who invited us sent me a picture the next day from the party.

RoxburghHibs
29-10-2015, 05:30 AM

I'm sure Edinburgh is the 7th bigest UK city so hardly tiny.

http://www.ukcities.co.uk/populations/

bringbackbenny
29-10-2015, 06:34 AM

Hmmm so Lurch from the Goonies is a yam. Jees he's had a shan deal lol

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 06:36 AM
Highlights of the Hearts game are up

Not too many highlights from hearts

blackpoolhibs
29-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Hmmm so Lurch from the Goonies is a yam. Jees he's had a shan deal lol

Thought it was John McGlynn after a makeover.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2015, 07:44 AM

What a bunch.

Hearts fans definitely have a 'look'.

haagsehibby
29-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Good luck in the playoffs - you deserved to win the last game! Galaxy have been playing awful last 3 games but tonight it was simple suicide. But the whole season prior to this has been brilliant and I loved watching them - a great game day experience with lots of booze and food and nice people to meet. We have won the MLS cup a few times and it is healthy that several teams can win it. I would hate if it became like Scotland with one dominant team - even if it was the Galaxy!

I bought Alan Gordon's number 9 "shirt off the back" at last home game auction and went onto the pitch where he signed it and wrote 7-0. A great moment for me and F*** the Cheats. :greengrin

The highlight of the season was the invite to a party in Huntingdon Beach after the NYCFC game. We absolutely could not go due to a dinner engagement later that evening. The guy who invited us sent me a picture the next day from the party.

Was the dinner worth it ?

Ross4356
29-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Was the Hearts v Celtic game on TV last night?

California-Hibs
29-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Question for you. Having a debate with a friend at work. He's a big fan of the English Premier League and gets his Scottish games/Hibs updates from me. I've really turned his head towards Hibs and he's been very impressed with a few games he's watched. I do try and explain to him about how bad the standard of opposition we're coming up against are, but he just sees it as Hibs are a team that win win win. Not complaining that he has this opinion as it's nice to hear a yank thinking/talking about Hibs this way.

However, my question to you is regarding the MLS. I rarely pay any attention to it over here, but the few highlights I have caught have impressed me. My friend at work slates the MLS to high heavens and reckons our current team would wipe the floor with 80% of the teams. I'm a bit more skeptical and don't think the MLS quality is anywhere near as bad as he makes out.

So, this current Hibs team. How we getting on in the MLS? Where do you think we'd finish?

Onceinawhile
29-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Unless it was with Batistuta and ronaldo, clearly not!

Sir David Gray
29-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Was the Hearts v Celtic game on TV last night?

No.

GreenLake
29-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Absolutely didn't want to be there.

GreenLake
29-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Question for you. Having a debate with a friend at work. He's a big fan of the English Premier League and gets his Scottish games/Hibs updates from me. I've really turned his head towards Hibs and he's been very impressed with a few games he's watched. I do try and explain to him about how bad the standard of opposition we're coming up against are, but he just sees it as Hibs are a team that win win win. Not complaining that he has this opinion as it's nice to hear a yank thinking/talking about Hibs this way.

However, my question to you is regarding the MLS. I rarely pay any attention to it over here, but the few highlights I have caught have impressed me. My friend at work slates the MLS to high heavens and reckons our current team would wipe the floor with 80% of the teams. I'm a bit more skeptical and don't think the MLS quality is anywhere near as bad as he makes out.

So, this current Hibs team. How we getting on in the MLS? Where do you think we'd finish?

It is a difficult comparison and I have to admit to spending years not watching MLS while over here. When Beckham came over I tried watching a few games but found them frustrating and soon stopped watching. It was after starting to get HibsTV and watching our team regularly that I was driven to go to a Galaxy match. There is something about being in a stadium that TV can't simulate and I caught that from posts by Hibs fans who post on here. The game I saw showed MLS had evolved somewhat such that the regular players had improved to play passing football. It wasn't so much the stars that got me entertained but the teams played visually decent stuff. After 3 games I signed up for two season tickets and each game has been great. The wine and food and Champions Lounge access is a big bonus, but to be honest, I have enjoyed the football a lot. It is more family atmosphere and kind of therapeutic after getting riled up watching our games on HibsTV at 4 in the morning!

Where would Hibs finish? I am torn between thinking we would win it or finish mid table. A few MLS teams have designated players Hibs could not afford but the regular players in the teams are not paid a lot and that is where it gets difficult to compare. Hibs might not have any expensive stars, but our average players might be better than average MLS players.

Maybe we should get Hibs over for a pre-season tour and play a few MLS teams. Go Hibees! :flag:

Smartie
29-10-2015, 12:07 PM
I've only been to one MLS game, that being when I was on holiday in Houston last year.

I went to see Dynamo play DC United and Andy Driver was playing. I thought the standard was reasonably high. The players were very fit and looked well drilled and tactically aware. If I had a criticism I would say that it was slightly robotic and unremarkable - there didn't seem to be an entertainer or a maverick, the final ball often let the teams down and there was a certain x-factor that seemed to stop it being brilliant.

The atmosphere the Dynamo fans made was superb though - drums, samba and a few "pyrotechnics" (which were safely set off around big bins at the front of the "livelier" area) and it was a great day out.

WE had to go inside for about an hour whilst a big storm passed as they were concerned about the open air ground being struck by lightning. A few beers helped the time pass though, all very civilised.

And it was good to see Driver make no impact on the game whatsoever before eventually being subbed.

Personally I don't think Hibs would get anywhere near any of the MLS sides these days and for all I don't like people unnecessarily talking our game down I think we need to be realistic about how far Scottish football has fallen. The sheer athleticism of these teams would simply overpower us.

Ross4356
29-10-2015, 12:16 PM

How did you see Sparky's goal celebration live last night mate?

s.a.m
29-10-2015, 01:15 PM
How do you see Sparky's goal celebration last night mate?

Can't help I'm afraid, but...

IrnBru22
29-10-2015, 01:19 PM
How do you see Sparky's goal celebration last night mate?

GreenLake
29-10-2015, 01:32 PM
I liked watching Jose Goncalves of the Revolution suffer defeat at the hands of the Galaxy in the 2014 MLS cup final, and I know he was surprised to hear someone shout "Hibees" as he walked past the Champions Lounge several times during that game.