PDA

View Full Version : Scottish League Cup - TV

Diclonius
27-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Am I right in thinking that the BBC have selected Inverness v Ross County instead of Celtic v Hearts as the televised game?

That must be a first. Fair play to them.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Am I right in thinking that the BBC have selected Inverness v Ross County instead of Celtic v Hearts as the televised game?

They have, it's on tonight
Yams have still only sold 7,000 tickets for a key game not on Tv

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-10-2015, 11:47 AM

Bricking it from them as usual.

Fannies.

DavieRoy
27-10-2015, 11:53 AM

Why fair play?

If you asked me the tie of the round and the game I would want to watch on TV, would be Hearts v Celtic!!

The BBC only picked the game tonight because their slot is Tuesday and with Celtic playing Dundee United on Sunday, neither could play on the Tuesday. The BBC have the rights, they could at least pick the best game and put it on regardless of Bake Off or whatever networked programme is taking priority on Wednesday.

Danderhall Hibs
27-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Why fair play?

If you asked me the tie of the round and the game I would want to watch on TV, would be Hearts v Celtic!!

The BBC only picked the game tonight because their slot is Tuesday and with Celtic playing Dundee United on Sunday, neither could play on the Tuesday. The BBC have the rights, they could at least pick the best game and put it on regardless of Bake Off or whatever networked programme is taking priority on Wednesday.

We always moan about Celtic and Rangers away games being Sky (and now BT's) first pick so I guess that's what he means by "fair play".

I think I'd prefer to watch a local derby that's rarely on TV, than Hearts v Celtic again.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 12:45 PM
We always moan about Celtic and Rangers away games being Sky (and now BT's) first pick so I guess that's what he means by "fair play".

I think I'd prefer to watch a local derby that's rarely on TV, than Hearts v Celtic again.

2nd point is where I am.

Had it been Celtic v Hearts on tonight it's doubtful I'd have watched it. I'll tune into the Highland Derby, I may give up if it's rubbish but I'll give it a go. I wouldn't do the same for the other game.

Biggie
27-10-2015, 12:45 PM
any game that has the potential to show hearts getting pumped works for me......disappointed the yams vs tims games isn't on the TV

HH81
27-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Why are Hibs not playing this week?

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Why are Hibs not playing this week?

Because United and Celtic played Sunday so no way would both ours and Hearts game be on same night (tomorrow) given the opposition so ours was moved to next week.

Sammy7nil
27-10-2015, 01:23 PM
2nd point is where I am.

Had it been Celtic v Hearts on tonight it's doubtful I'd have watched it. I'll tune into the Highland Derby, I may give up if it's rubbish but I'll give it a go. I wouldn't do the same for the other game.

Sorry have to disagree Hearts v Celtic has far more appeal for me.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 01:30 PM
The only reason they are showing the Highland derby is because the The Rangers got humped in the last round and they can't show them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Celtc don't take this cup seriously, so why we would want to give them the platform to show that escapes me

HibbyAndy
27-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Sorry have to disagree Hearts v Celtic has far more appeal for me.

Correct.

Id rather watch Hearts getting molested AGAIN by Celtic than a boring dull no atmosphere 4 thousand highland derby...It will be Sheff wed v Arsenal on sky for me

lord bunberry
27-10-2015, 03:28 PM
They have, it's on tonight
I mentioned this to a jambo yesterday and replied that if it was the big cup there would've been a sell out. I pointed out that in the past 2 seasons in the big cup the attendance(with a full away end) has been 12600 last year and a bumper 10600 the year before. They're scared of Celtic FACT.

Frazerbob
27-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Let's not get carried away with the praise here, the only reason the Hearts v Celtic game isn't on TV is because the TV slot was Tuesday night. Celtic couldn't play Tuesday night as they had to play the previous Sunday (due to playing the previous Thursday etc etc). Had either the game been able to be played on Tuesday or the TV slot been available on Wednesday, there's absolutely no doubt they'd have chosen Hearts v Celtic.

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Let's not get carried away with the praise here, the only reason the Hearts v Celtic game isn't on TV is because the TV slot was Tuesday night. Celtic couldn't play Tuesday night as they had to play the previous Sunday (due to playing the previous Thursday etc etc). Had either the game been able to be played on Tuesday or the TV slot been available on Wednesday, there's absolutely no doubt they'd have chosen Hearts v Celtic.

Why couldnt the Hearts game have been shown tomorrow?

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Why couldnt the Hearts game have been shown tomorrow?

The apprentice is more important than scottish football to the BBC.

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 03:52 PM
The apprentice is more important than scottish football to the BBC.

Ok cheers.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Highland Derby has as much appeal to it as watching a Sunday league game. Much rather Hearts v Celtic and laugh at them getting horsed.

I'll just try find a stream tomorrow.

les83
27-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Correct.

Id rather watch Hearts getting molested AGAIN by Celtic than a boring dull no atmosphere 4 thousand highland derby...It will be Sheff wed v Arsenal on sky for me

4000 at an ICT game?! that'd be their crowd of the season!! :wink:

IWasThere2016
27-10-2015, 07:37 PM
ICT - County has been okay so far..

Gmack7
27-10-2015, 07:57 PM
when's the draw for the semi

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 07:59 PM
when's the draw for the semi

Monday 9th November

IrnBru22
27-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Correct.

Pretty good atmosphere so far, very loud drum and singing from County for most of the 1st half

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Monday 9th November

I know I've made this point before so I'm sorry if I come across like a stuck record but it really is a joke that it takes five days after the semi final line up has been completed for the draw to be made.

The draw should either be next Wednesday night straight after our match has finished or next Thursday at the latest.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Pretty good atmosphere so far, very loud drum and singing from County for most of the 1st half

Did they get the drum back from the Hearts fans who stole it on Saturday

hibbytam
27-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Monday 9th November

Given that there are games tonight, tomorrow night, and next week. The Monday after that makes any sense really..... so the teams that go through tonight will have to wait the best part of 2 weeks. The Scottish football authorities really know how to add an extra layer of suspense.

I'm sure this might have been answered elsewhere, but is there any reason our game's next week, and the rest are this week? Is it just SPFL logic, or is there an actual reason?

ancient hibee
27-10-2015, 08:22 PM
My pet Hearts fan tells me he's not going to the Celtic match because he's not worrying about the wee cup but wants to concentrate on winning the league.He's serious too.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:23 PM
My pet Hearts fan tells me he's not going to the Celtic match because he's not worrying about the wee cup but wants to concentrate on winning the league.He's serious too.

Your pet needs put down.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Given that there are games tonight, tomorrow night, and next week. The Monday after that makes any sense really..... so the teams that go through tonight will have to wait the best part of 2 weeks. The Scottish football authorities really know how to add an extra layer of suspense.

I'm sure this might have been answered elsewhere, but is there any reason our game's next week, and the rest are this week? Is it just SPFL logic, or is there an actual reason?

They can't/won't play 2 games in Edinburgh on the same night, and as Celtic and Dundee United played on Sunday, tonight wasn't an option for one of them, if it was we would be playing just now.
Think it suits us to have a free week before we play Rangers, biggest game of the season for us.

hibbytam
27-10-2015, 08:28 PM
They can't/won't play 2 games in Edinburgh on the same night, and as Celtic and Dundee United played on Sunday, tonight wasn't an option for one of them, if it was we would be playing just now.
Think it suits us to have a free week before we play Rangers, biggest game of the season for us.

I suppose that's fair enough, and I'd definitely rather it be the other side of the rangers game. It just seems odd, I can't think of any other time a round of cup fixtures hasn't been played in the same week.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:30 PM
I suppose that's fair enough, and I'd definitely rather it be the other side of the rangers game. It just seems odd, I can't think of any other time a round of cup fixtures hasn't been played in the same week.

Celtic going into the Europa league probably through a spanner in the works, having to play Thursday/Sunday

Alex Trager
27-10-2015, 08:36 PM

Interesting to see if he continues that attitude if we draw them in the semi.

It's also interesting that he thinks his attendance will help hearts win the league.

I think we have all seen that they are capable of doing that themselves

SteveHFC
27-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Your pet needs put down.

Harsh man.

Aldo
27-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Yeah the same fans that were 'High Sixing' each other in the dying seconds against 9 men that still went onto lose!

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-10-2015, 09:28 PM

There are plenty things that happen in Scottish football that have probably never happened in any other country. We're certainly unique [emoji57]