PDA

View Full Version : Ticket sales for Sunday

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Anyone know how they are going?

I'm assuming Rangers have sold out. Would be good to get a big crowd in and backing the team for what is the biggest game of the season thus far (again).

QMU-1875
27-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Get who ever you can along to this one! We really should be selling this one out, it's a huge game! If we can get that gap down to 5 points then we can genuinely get out this division!

iwasthere1972
27-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing 14,500-15,000 including The Rangers fannies.

Still about 3-1 fans in our favour so we should be able to drown out their sectarian vile at every opportunity.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2015, 02:34 PM
I think 15-16K for this one, away end sold out, so expect the "minority" to belt out their party tunes

California-Hibs
27-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Anyone got an accurate number of tickets sold?

scoopyboy
27-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Anyone got an accurate number of tickets sold?

Not me, not yet anyway.

I may go on spotty dotty count later in the week but far too many to contemplate that just now.

An early indication is the colours of the sections.

We have one section sold out (red)

We have 17 yellow sections (less than half remaining)

The rest are green which means more than half left.

I would want to see more sections turn yellow soon and then maybe some may go red at the weekend.

Sections likely to sell out are 4,6,13,40,41,42 and 43.

JohnM1875
27-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Haven't been able to attend since the play off game against The Rangers. Both my mate and I cannot wait to celebrate a win this Sunday. Buzzing already!

Since1875Hibs
27-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Hard to tell as there will be a lot of walk ups.

B.H.F.C
27-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I think it'll be around 14k.

That's only around 10k Hibs fans but given our home attendances I don't see it being much above that, despite how big a game is.

CB_NO3
27-10-2015, 07:46 PM
13, 821 is my guess

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 07:46 PM

There won't be any walk ups.

Keith_M
27-10-2015, 07:49 PM

It's a category A game, no walk-ups.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 07:51 PM
There won't be any walk ups.

People can still buy from the TO on Sunday morning, no?

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 07:52 PM
It's a category A game, no walk-ups.

I'm assuming Hibs fans can still buy tickets on the day

Since1875Hibs
27-10-2015, 07:53 PM
You can buy tickets on day at the Pods and Ticket Office can you not?

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Ticket office yes, pods no.

Sammy7nil
27-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Friday is payday a few folk will wait until then to get a ticket

Brooster
27-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Hopefully 15k+
Out of interest what excuses are folk using for not going?

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Hopefully 15k+

I've got exams Tuesday and Wednesday is my excuse, so I'll be at Easter Road more times in the next 8 days than anyone else.

.Sean.
27-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Less than 12000 Hibs supporters will be a rank turnout IMO

.Sean.
27-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Hopefully 15k+
Excuses must be thin on the ground surely. If you can afford it, family/ work commitments allow it and you're not hundreds of miles from Easter Road you've no excuse to not be there.

My_Wife_Camille
27-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Hopefully 15k+
Kick off time, ticket prices, and the unbearable threat of maybe hearing some sweary words

Jack
27-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Hopefully 15k+

Oh it will be the usual, some valid, some not so valid.

.Sean.
27-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Funny the excuses never rear there head when we're at Hampden for example. Sunday's massive and if you can attend but are simply choosing not to then that's poor.

bingo70
27-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Funny the excuses never rear there head when we're at Hampden for example. Sunday's massive and if you can attend but are simply choosing not to then that's poor.

Folk don't need excuses, if they don't want to go they won't go. Its a form of entertainment, not something people should feel obliged to do.

Would be great if everyone went all the time but no team is ever going to get that. For people to go back we need a prolonged period of good competitive exciting football, until that happens we'll continue to get around 8-10,000 hone fans.

Fwiw I won't be using my season ticket on Sunday as I'm at Euro Disney, gutted to be missing it but my conscience is clear.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Folk don't need excuses, if they don't want to go they won't go. Its a form of entertainment, not something people should feel obliged to do.

Would be great if everyone went all the time but no team is ever going to get that. For people to go back we need a prolonged period of good competitive exciting football, until that happens we'll continue to get around 8-10,000 hone fans.

Fwiw I won't be using my season ticket on Sunday as I'm at Euro Disney, gutted to be missing it but my conscience is clear.

Bit of a Mickey Mouse excuse that!

bingo70
27-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Bit of a Mickey Mouse excuse that!

Disney matter what you think I'll do what I want

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 08:56 PM

You'll be really donald ducked off if we win and you miss it. You'll likely feel a right goofy barsteward.

scoopyboy
27-10-2015, 08:56 PM
13, 821 is my guess

I hope you're well wrong.

If we can't get 10,000 Hibs fans turning up to watch this fixture we'd be as well just giving up.

DH1875
27-10-2015, 09:05 PM

Need to be on the database though so remember your client ref number.

bingo70
27-10-2015, 09:27 PM
I hope you're well wrong.

If we can't get 10,000 Hibs fans turning up to watch this fixture we'd be as well just giving up.

Disagree, I think the majority of people don't really see it as a tight title race, we're currently well out of it so there's not a great urgency to be at the game.

Imo we need to accept crowds for what they are just now, when we go back up we'll be in a much better position to start attracting bigger crowds back again.

hibee1875
27-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Disagree, I think the majority of people don't really see it as a tight title race, we're currently well out of it so there's not a great urgency to be at the game.

Imo we need to accept crowds for what they are just now, when we go back up we'll be in a much better position to start attracting bigger crowds back again.

How are we well out of it? Win on Sunday and its 5 points.

Yes I expect us to drop more points but do you really expect Rangers to continue to win every game they play?

bingo70
27-10-2015, 09:37 PM
How are we well out of it? Win on Sunday and its 5 points.

Yes I expect us to drop more points but do you really expect Rangers to continue to win every game they play?

Sorry, I meant the general perception us that we're well out of it.

Those that don't go every week aren't likely to be tempted by the attraction of reducing the lead at the top to 5 points, that's not really an attraction to anyone swaying whether to cone or not. I think if we were level on points or a point or two behind people might see it as a bigger game and be more tempted to go.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2015, 09:39 PM

If we win we are only 5 points behind. It's a MASSIVE game so can't understand your point in bold....

hibee1875
27-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Sorry, I meant the general perception us that we're well out of it.

Those that don't go every week aren't likely to be tempted by the attraction of reducing the lead at the top to 5 points, that's not really an attraction to anyone swaying whether to cone or not. I think if we were level on points or a point or two behind people might see it as a bigger game and be more tempted to go.

As has been said by others on various threads, if we can't get fans back for a game like this then we've lost them forever.

To me we've won 9 in 10 and have every confidence to make that 10 in 11 on Sunday. The only people who think we're out of it are the west coast media, the Rangers fans and the doom n groomers

bingo70
27-10-2015, 09:41 PM
If we win we are only 5 points behind. It's a MASSIVE game so can't understand your point in bold....

See above, not my opinion, it's how I think people that don't go regularly see this game.

I think we need to win on Sunday and if we do we have a chance but it's still a long shot.

Baldy Foghorn
27-10-2015, 09:43 PM
See above, not my opinion, it's how I think people that don't go regularly see this game.

I think we need to win on Sunday and if we do we have a chance but it's still a long shot.

Apologies Bingo, hadn't seen your other post.....

Forza Fred
27-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Excuses must be thin on the ground surely. If you can afford it, family/ work commitments allow it and you're not hundreds of miles from Easter Road you've no excuse to not be there.

As someone else has pointed out, nobody needs an 'excuse' not to attend.

The game is a form of entertainment, competing in the leisure market for the punter's dollar.

While an affinity with a club can be built up, ensuring regular or semi regular attendance by individuals, it has to be something now that punters WANT to do.

I was old school and used to see it as my duty' to attend, but the world has changed, and marketing strategies need to take this into account.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2015, 10:02 PM

Tourism Scotland reckons the game is on Saturday...

Sir David Gray
27-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Yep.

If you consider yourself to be a Hibs fan and you have no other commitments on Sunday and can afford to attend then you should be at Easter Road on Sunday afternoon.

If we can get a victory then it will really open things up at the top of the table and we'll be within two wins of the top of the league. Five points is nothing when there's still more than 20 games left to play.

Off the bar
27-10-2015, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=hibee1875;4489958]As has been said by others on various threads, if we can't get fans back for a game like this then we've lost them forever.

To me we've won 9 in 10 and have every confidence to make that 10 in 11 on Sunday. The only people who think we're out of it are the west coast media, the Rangers fans and the doom n groomers[/QUOTE

Doom n groomers? They're all hearts fans surely?

WellingtonHibby
27-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Oh it will be the usual, some valid, some not so valid.

PEEEETTTRRRRIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!:agree:

scoopyboy
28-10-2015, 12:07 AM

This is my biggest concern of them all.

We need people through turnstiles to help us get back up, those fans who are waiting until we are top flight before returning aren't helping the cause one little bit.

monktonharp
28-10-2015, 12:17 AM
so, nobody knows yet how many home tickets have been sold? all ST seats are classed as sold, so at least 7500 + the away 3800? yeah?

Mikey09
28-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Hopefully 15k+

Im working. Tried to take some annual leave but nobody willing to cover it. ****s. Will be at the Dundee Utd game as it's my day off. Still gutted though.

Lucius Apuleius
28-10-2015, 08:09 AM
I won't be there for various reasons. Call them excuses if you like, but I also gave a life outside Hibs and early kick offs on a Sunday do not impress me.

Bristolhibby
28-10-2015, 08:33 AM
As has been said by others on various threads, if we can't get fans back for a game like this then we've lost them forever.

To me we've won 9 in 10 and have every confidence to make that 10 in 11 on Sunday. The only people who think we're out of it are the west coast media, the Rangers fans and the doom n groomers

Forever? Nonsense. Win games, play good football in the Premier and the fans will come back. Mowbray, Big Ek, last time we were relegated. People like watching a winning team. And also, not everyone likes the unwashed hordes (thinking young families) so might stay away from Sundays fixture.

J

scoopyboy
28-10-2015, 09:02 AM
I won't be there for various reasons. Call them excuses if you like, but I also gave a life outside Hibs and early kick offs on a Sunday do not impress me.

I would like to think most of us have a life outside Hibs.

I'm not sure any of us are particularly impressed with early kick offs on a Sunday.

Ronniekirk
28-10-2015, 09:03 AM
so, nobody knows yet how many home tickets have been sold? all ST seats are classed as sold, so at least 7500 + the away 3800? yeah?

You should know the script by now At least 10% of season ticket holders won't be there .
Going by recent attendance figures at home to them we will around 10 to 11 thousand Hibs supporters there weather dependent no doubt Anything above this is an indication that stay away fans have decided to come along and see how we do against the top of the Leaugue team
But at 28 quid and the United cup game midweek some fans may opt to wait for that game
I agree with other posters trying to muster the troops for this one and I will be taking someone else but my son has moved to London and won't be there so it's swings and roundabouts .
Think it was Trig that reflected a lot of fans still don't see us in the race for first place and so despite our current winning form and exciting young players on show it still might not be enough to entice fans back .
So will be interested to see the attendance of hibs support against Rangers compared to Wednesday .
Also supporters with young children often opt out of tasking them to Rangers games Add on all the other usual issues ,it's an early kick off ,it's on tv etc and we are up against it and sadly it is the price we are paying for another Season in the Championship
Think the feel good factor has rubbed off on those that bought into it ,but it's yep to percolate down through the massed ranks of those that have got into the habit of staying away
So for a lot of reasons we need to keep winning to try and get the momentum up a gear for half season tickets sales .
Not saying we will win the Championship ,as Rangers will strengthen if we start to put them under pressure but it would be nice to piut them in that position and give them a run for thier money .
To be in the Championship two years in a row and not be challenging is i in itself working against all the good work being done
But rill be there and was there for the previous two defeats this season ,so hoping its third time lucky and we win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Torto7062
28-10-2015, 09:09 AM
My boss is a class a Ibrox Ogre and isn't giving me Sunday off.......dare I say it but a Hibs win and a wee breakdown from 12 to half 2 might just make up for it

NAE NOOKIE
28-10-2015, 09:57 AM
These threads always remind me of that episode of Father Ted where the Bishop is chatting with Father Dougal and asks him if he has any questions.

Well yes says Father Dougal: "you know all that stuff like the virgin birth, resurrection, the holy ghost and all that" .... "yes" says the Bishop. "I have a real problem with all that" says Father Dougal.

Big_Franck
28-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I think the attendance will be about 14k, which isn't too bad for a game in the Scottish Championship.

If we sell out the East, and I think we will, we'll be able to create a decent atmosphere. Looking forward to this now!

GordonHFC
28-10-2015, 10:14 AM
I tend not to analyse things too much. I am a Hibs supporter and I go to Hibs games. Is that too simple?

Smartie
28-10-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't know how much Hibs would need to make this or when they would need to play it for me to not want to move heaven and earth to go to this game.

If you're a Hibs fan and you can't get up for this game then what can you get yourself up for?

Cannae wait.

scoopyboy
28-10-2015, 11:01 AM
I tend not to analyse things too much. I am a Hibs supporter and I go to Hibs games. Is that too simple?

A great approach if I'm being honest.

However I am too complex to have a simplistic approach. :wink:

scoopyboy
28-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I think the attendance will be about 14k, which isn't too bad for a game in the Scottish Championship.

If we sell out the East, and I think we will, we'll be able to create a decent atmosphere. Looking forward to this now!

I don't think the East will quite sell out but I would expect around 6,000 in it going by the spotty dotty.

It is really only when the East gets close to full that the other areas start to move better.

I think we may get just above 15000.

silverhibee
28-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Stubbs live on SSN now..

B.H.F.C
28-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Stubbs live on SSN now..

Did a cracking job of dodging most of the questions. No way the daily record can make any headlines out of that!

Did say he's hoping for a big crowd though.

Bad Martini
28-10-2015, 12:05 PM
These threads always remind me of that episode of Father Ted where the Bishop is chatting with Father Dougal and asks him if he has any questions.

Well yes says Father Dougal: "you know all that stuff like the virgin birth, resurrection, the holy ghost and all that" .... "yes" says the Bishop. "I have a real problem with all that" says Father Dougal.

That would be an ecumenical matter :greengrin

Funny, these threads do remind me of Dougal...mixed up, lacking much logic and utterly hilarious when taken too seriously :greengrin

As Charlie and Craig said, "I believe in God alright, it's folk like you I just cant stand"...surely a reference to Hibs fans loving other Hibs fans as opposed to their disbelief in those charged with spreading the good word here on Earth I reckons :thumbsup:

Anyways, I wont be there for many reasons/excuses which I'll keep to myself. Pretty sure that ****s me up for the auto-enrolment to the uber-fan club or whatever the fictional brigade of perfection in green are titled nowadays but I'll get over it....probably bouncing back down to ER for a glamour tie against Alloa, Livi or St Mirren et all :rolleyes:

Assuming I'm still allowed, I say loudly and very ****ing defiantly to all passing huns and yams and anyone else against "US" (:greengrin) GGTTH.

ENDOF

hibeesboii
28-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Buying my ticket tomorrow, first game of the season for me. Ggtth

IrnBru22
28-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Did a cracking job of dodging most of the questions. No way the daily record can make any headlines out of that!

Did say he's hoping for a big crowd though.

What did he say ?

B.H.F.C
28-10-2015, 06:06 PM
What did he say ?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Managed to work round the questions about it being a must win game etc. Just said that we always look to win and so on. I get the feeling he'll be saying different privately.

HH81
28-10-2015, 06:20 PM
I am not coming up. Wished there was early train to get there for kick off from Preston or Leeds!

LancashireHibby
28-10-2015, 06:28 PM
I am not coming up. Wished there was early train to get there for kick off from Preston or Leeds!
Much the same for me, though admittedly I'm choosing to drive up for the Dundee Utd. Wouldn't fancy doing the drive twice in a few days though. Will be going to the England v New Zealand RL game at Hull instead.

Hibbyradge
28-10-2015, 06:29 PM
13, 821 is my guess

There will be fewer than that.

lucky
28-10-2015, 06:33 PM

There's an 0830 of Leeds gets in at 1158. Tight but doable

Ringothedog
28-10-2015, 07:27 PM
There will be fewer than that.

No there won't Mr K.

HH81
28-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Much the same for me, though admittedly I'm choosing to drive up for the Dundee Utd. Wouldn't fancy doing the drive twice in a few days though. Will be going to the England v New Zealand RL game at Hull instead.

Up and back same night? If so you got full car?

HH81
28-10-2015, 08:52 PM
There's an 0830 of Leeds gets in at 1158. Tight but doable

Good spot think I was checking from halifax. 88.20 return is a bit much for me. Dam might have been able to get it cheaper earlier too!

One Day
28-10-2015, 09:26 PM

Me too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Getting 2 foreigners tickets for Sundays match to experience their first ever Hibs game. Lets hope it's a good one and we could have 2 new fans on board!

monktonharp
29-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Getting 2 foreigners tickets for Sundays match to experience their first ever Hibs game. Lets hope it's a good one and we could have 2 new fans on board!well done Bob. another poster replied to me, re-STs and 10% not being there. was I right about 7500 STs/ and, is he right about the numbers, that don't use the tickets every week? 10% seems a bit high, for a very important game, despite all the obstacles put in place. eg:Sunday early,tv,price (which does not affect STs) etc

Greencore
29-10-2015, 02:47 AM
Season ticket holder. Will be there as usual.

southern hibby
29-10-2015, 03:06 AM
Taking a female, don't give a monkeys if she likes football or not she'll be there or she'll be dating someone else.

Also paying for sister and niece to go and trying to convince me dear old mum to go as I know this will grip the out of my Jambo supporting father ( Disclaimer mother was on the game when I was conceived there is no way I can have a Jambo pig as a father )

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
29-10-2015, 07:40 AM
well done Bob. another poster replied to me, re-STs and 10% not being there. was I right about 7500 STs/ and, is he right about the numbers, that don't use the tickets every week? 10% seems a bit high, for a very important game, despite all the obstacles put in place. eg:Sunday early,tv,price (which does not affect STs) etc

Yes that other poster was right. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/29/8a53126f4e18cb4ea6dbfd2e1ab52880.jpg

superfurryhibby
29-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Taking a female, don't give a monkeys if she likes football or not she'll be there or she'll be dating someone else.

Also paying for sister and niece to go and trying to convince me dear old mum to go as I know this will grip the out of my Jambo supporting father ( Disclaimer mother was on the game when I was conceived there is no way I can have a Jambo pig as a father )

GGTTH

Your charm will clearly win the day.

Ross4356
29-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Sunday will be my first game of the season, the reason is simple, non of our previous home games (with the exception of Aberdeen) has excited me.

However I'm buzzing for it and have said all along, if we have still have a chance of winning the league come New Year I'll get a half season ticket

GGTTH

lord bunberry
29-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Beg, borrow and steal. Just do whatever it takes to get there, it's going to be a massive day and a massive victory for the cabbage.

FranckSuzy
29-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Your charm will clearly win the day.

:faf:

southern hibby
29-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Ladies is said as a joke,

But seriously now 2 adults and child ticket bought.

Asked young lady on the phone how many tickets have been sold and she informed me they were just counted and 2500 on top of season tickets plus full The Rangers allocation.
So by my rough guesstimate about 13,500-14,000 at present.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
29-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Asked young lady on the phone how many tickets have been sold and she informed me they were just counted and 2500 on top of season tickets plus full The Rangers allocation.

GGTTH
That's not too bad, I would expect us to shift quite a few in the next couple of days.

Geo_1875
29-10-2015, 11:55 AM
That's not too bad, I would expect us to shift quite a few in the next couple of days.

Pay day tomorrow for a lot of people.

scoopyboy
29-10-2015, 12:30 PM

GGTTH

That's my rough guess as well looking at the seating plan.

sbell1875
29-10-2015, 01:27 PM
One of my best mates gets married on Saturday but I'll still be going.

Sadly I think I'll need to share the train with a lot of the bigots.

duffers
29-10-2015, 05:55 PM
KeiththeHibby is missing the game because he is worried he will be too hungover to go.... :confused:

Oscar T Grouch
29-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Sunday will be my first game of the season, the reason is simple, non of our previous home games (with the exception of Aberdeen) has excited me.

However I'm buzzing for it and have said all along, if we have still have a chance of winning the league come New Year I'll get a half season ticket

GGTTH

It'll be good to see you at ER mate. 👍🏻 you in the East?

PatHead
29-10-2015, 06:08 PM

GGTTH

God a glory hunting Hibs supporter!!!!!!!!!

You chose the wrong club mate. Should have gone for Barca. :greengrin

monktonharp
29-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Yes that other poster was right. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/29/8a53126f4e18cb4ea6dbfd2e1ab52880.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalksays the other poster:rolleyes:

jon paul jones
29-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Price and my stubbornness means I won't go

I think £28 is an embarrassing price for any "championship game". The funny thing is if we progressed to the semi or even final of the league cup, the price would probably come in at or cheaper.

No amount of marketing blah blah will convince me the fans are getting ripped off

FranckSuzy
29-10-2015, 07:21 PM

I think £28 is an embarrassing price for any "championship game". The funny thing is if we progressed to the semi or even final of the league cup, the price would probably come in at or cheaper.

No amount of marketing blah blah will convince me the fans are getting ripped off

That's good :greengrin

Beating The Rangers doesn't feel like just "any" win, IMHO, but I can understand the price is an issue for some.

thebausburst
29-10-2015, 07:22 PM

completely agree.

Scouse Hibee
29-10-2015, 07:26 PM

First time I have ever heard the cost of something described as embarrassing :greengrin

Nobody is going to try and convince you that fans are getting ripped off :wink:

Pete
29-10-2015, 07:31 PM
First time I have ever heard the cost of something described as embarrassing :greengrin

Embarrassment thresholds seem to be getting lower as the years go by.

It's one stage away from cringing I suppose.

Stuarty27
29-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Tickets sales don't look like they are going too badly.

Think we will sell at least 11k so looking at over 15k

KeithTheHibby
30-10-2015, 07:48 AM
KeiththeHibby is missing the game because he is worried he will be too hungover to go.... :confused:

Lies. I was always going😘

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 08:04 AM
I agree with the poster that says £28 for a game in Scotland's second tier is over priced. £28 in the top flight is over priced imo for the standard of football on offer.

Hopefully one day we will follow someone like Germany's model and not pay ridiculous amounts just to watch a football match.

lucky
30-10-2015, 08:20 AM
I agree with the poster that says £28 for a game in Scotland's second tier is over priced. £28 in the top flight is over priced imo for the standard of football on offer.

Hopefully one day we will follow someone like Germany's model and not pay ridiculous amounts just to watch a football match.

Think some are already doing by not coming. I've said before that LDs big mistake when she came in was to keep the prices at Premiership levels. You can get a ticket for EPL games at this price

Blaster
30-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Think some are already doing by not coming. I've said before that LDs big mistake when she came in was to keep the prices at Premiership levels. You can get a ticket for EPL games at this price

I guess it depends what quality of player you want to see. If we had reduced it our squad would be much weaker. And we wouldn't have got that many more season ticket holders to make up the shortfall.

Personally, as a season ticket holder, it wouldn't bother me if Hibs reduced the prices for the rest of the season as I don't get one simply for value. I get one to help support the club

But I know others would not be happy which I can understand too

Ringothedog
30-10-2015, 08:33 AM
As a season ticket holder I would have no problem with prices being reduced to try and increase crowds.

Brightside
30-10-2015, 08:33 AM

Almost £6 for a pint in many establishments in Edinburgh. Should never be more than £2 for a pint but people still pay it. I'm also sure that those that wont go to the Hibs game wont think twice about knocking back 6 pints on Saturday / Sunday.

Brightside
30-10-2015, 08:36 AM
As a season ticket holder I would have no problem with prices being reduced to try and increase crowds.

As a season ticket holder I wish people would stop trying to find an excuse not to go to games. There are very few people that the cost of the ticket is the issue.

Alex Trager
30-10-2015, 09:04 AM
One of my best mates gets married on Saturday but I'll still be going.

Sadly I think I'll need to share the train with a lot of the bigots.

Oh what an excellent chance to make clear your allegiances.
I'd one hundred percent have my Hibs scarf on with pride

B.H.F.C
30-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Without doing the hole dot counting thing there is 1 section sold out, 19 with limited availability and 14 with good availability. Of the sections that have good availability, 6 of them are the smaller end sections in the west and east and the wee triangle section in the FF. The section in the east closest to the south shows as sold out but I'd assume they haven't opened that yet as there is no reason it would sell first.

Pay day today for a lot of people and hopefully good numbers buying on match day and the crowd might not be too bad.

Ronniekirk
30-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Still hoping the overall crowd will creep up to 16 ,thousand or thereabouts for this one but remains to be seen

NAE NOOKIE
30-10-2015, 09:32 AM

Neither would I for selected games.

S4uzee
30-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Almost £6 for a pint in many establishments in Edinburgh. Should never be more than £2 for a pint but people still pay it. I'm also sure that those that wont go to the Hibs game wont think twice about knocking back 6 pints on Saturday / Sunday.

Bloody hell, where do you go that pints are that expensive?

Salt N Sauzee
30-10-2015, 09:35 AM
13,500 for this one I reckon. Can't seen it being any more than that.

Blaster
30-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Neither would I for selected games.

I wouldn't have changed the Rangers game as get as much money from them as possible.

And I know you have to charge home fans the same but we could have given an incentive. £3 or so off the cup game or next league game. Something along those lines

Dublin07
30-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Totally agree cat. I simply cant afford to pay £56 for me and my 2 kids to watch the level of football we are watching in scotland. I have chosen to watch on telly and attend the cup quarter final at half the price instead.
i had to give up my season tickets this year because i lost my job and have found it is almost impossible to attend all games as a walk up unless you are much more wealthy then the average punter.

hibeesboii
30-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Bought my ticket this morning at £28, going down to Newcastle game in November and its only £30! Just shows why some won't come to games!

Blaster
30-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Totally agree cat. I simply cant afford to pay £56 for me and my 2 kids to watch the level of football we are watching in scotland. I have chosen to watch on telly and attend the cup quarter final at half the price instead.
i had to give up my season tickets this year because i lost my job and have found it is almost impossible to attend all games as a walk up unless you are much more wealthy then the average punter.

You should look to buy your kids half season tickets in the ff lower mate. I am sure last year they were only £25 each. Even if you's only make it along to 3 games post Xmas you'd save yourself money

Billy Whizz
30-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Bought my ticket this morning at £28, going down to Newcastle game in November and its only £30! Just shows why some won't come to games!

If you paid £30 to watch Newcastle, you were robbed, terrible team

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 09:50 AM

Yeah but the Newcastle one you are in the stand roof sharing a perch with a family of pigeons. :greengrin

Brightside
30-10-2015, 10:00 AM

So you will pay £30 to watch a pish English team getting beat, but you don't think people should pay £28 to watch Hibs?

Pretty Boy
30-10-2015, 10:00 AM

It's also worth noting that Newcastles reliance on fans through the gate is far reduced from Hibs when it comes to income.

I go down to St James about twice a season and it's a great stadium, great set up, terrible team etc but I'd rather pay £28 to watch my team than £30 to watch a team I have a bit of a liking for.

Geo_1875
30-10-2015, 10:02 AM

Does the No1 stop outside St James Park?

CallumLaidlaw
30-10-2015, 10:05 AM
It's also worth noting that Newcastles reliance on fans through the gate is far reduced from Hibs when it comes to income.

I go down to St James about twice a season and it's a great stadium, great set up, terrible team etc but I'd rather pay £28 to watch my team than £30 to watch a team I have a bit of a liking for.

Same here. It cost me £42 to watch everton v Man U a few weeks ago. And I was behind a pillar in the Lower Bullens stand so couldnt see 1 of the goals AT ALL. Our facilities are far superior to a few english premier league teams who charge much more than us and recieve umpteen millions in TV money

Not In The Know
30-10-2015, 10:17 AM
its looking like a gate of about 12,000 :confused:

erin go bragh
30-10-2015, 10:18 AM
I would like to think most of us have a life outside Hibs.

I'm not sure any of us are particularly impressed with early kick offs on a Sunday.

Spot on Scoops . Just a tad patronising saying "I have a life ,,blah blah blah"
We all have life's and most people are not keen on the early kick offs , especially on a Sunday . But Sunday's game is massive and one that I'm not missing . Win and The Rangers momentum will be stopped . The gap will be down to 5 pts ( it was at 11 ) so every Hibby that can make the game on Sunday should be going .

GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Spot on Scoops . Just a tad patronising saying "I have a life ,,blah blah blah"
We all have life's and most people are not keen on the early kick offs , especially on a Sunday . But Sunday's game is massive and one that I'm not missing . Win and The Rangers momentum will be stopped . The gap will be down to 5 pts ( it was at 11 ) so every Hibby that can make the game on Sunday should be going .

GGTTH

I obviously don't see it as patronising at all. I do have a life. Sunday is the only day in the week I can see my younger son. As he brings the grandkids I would rather see them than come through to Edinburgh to watch Hibs. I also go to church on a Sunday which does not finish in time to let me get to ER in time for early kick offs. Three o'clock KO and I would have been to Kirk, couple of hours with the kids then go to the game. Not for a 12.30 KO though. If that is patronising then blah blah blah to you. :greengrin

As an aside, I wouldn't care who we were playing.

Lee Marvin
30-10-2015, 10:26 AM

No chance!

So you reckon only 300 more hibs fans will attend over Dumbarton a couple of weeks ago?

scoopyboy
30-10-2015, 10:26 AM

How on Earth do you come to that conclusion.

Rough figures

Season tickets 7500
Hibs sales 3000
Rangers sales 3800

14300 and counting

scoopyboy
30-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I obviously don't see it as patronising at all. I do have a life. Sunday is the only day in the week I can see my younger son. As he brings the grandkids I would rather see them than come through to Edinburgh to watch Hibs. I also go to church on a Sunday which does not finish in time to let me get to ER in time for early kick offs. Three o'clock KO and I would have been to Kirk, couple of hours with the kids then go to the game. Not for a 12.30 KO though. If that is patronising then blah blah blah to you. :greengrin

And you can't be faulted one little bit for that, an easy decision to make.

It was the bit that you have a life outside Hibs, implying that those who go don't.

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 10:33 AM
And you can't be faulted one little bit for that, an easy decision to make.

It was the bit that you have a life outside Hibs, implying that those who go don't.

Nothing implied about anyone Scoopy, I was talking about me. Not my place to talk of others and never have done that I can remember.

Mr White
30-10-2015, 11:01 AM
2 getting bought this afternoon for myself and my cousin.

Not In The Know
30-10-2015, 11:35 AM
2 getting bought this afternoon for myself and my cousin.

:greengrin

hibeesboii
30-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I'd rather be at easter road every home game if I could afford it, so I have to pick and choose, but first game of the season so can't wait.

Kato
30-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Ticket bought just now

erin go bragh
30-10-2015, 11:52 AM

I just took offence to the " I have a life bit LA . I quite enjoy most of your posts . Peace and that :)

GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I just took offence to the " I have a life bit LA . I quite enjoy most of your posts . Peace and that :)

GGTTH

And Love :greengrin

scoopyboy
30-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Nothing implied about anyone Scoopy, I was talking about me. Not my place to talk of others and never have done that I can remember.

Fair enough LA, it's easy to pick up the wrong meaning from a post.

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Fair enough LA, it's easy to pick up the wrong meaning from a post.

Hence the reason I tell my children not to text me! :greengrin

Spike Mandela
30-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Hence the reason I tell my children not to text me! :greengrin

You have a life outside football?..............Weirdo!!!:wink:

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 12:21 PM
You have a life outside football?..............Weirdo!!!:wink:

:greengrin As long as I stay away frae Alloa!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-10-2015, 12:22 PM
2 tickets purchased for 2 Polish lads who have never attended a Hibs game before. :thumbsup:

Brightside
30-10-2015, 12:32 PM

God would go to the game. :wink:

Dublin07
30-10-2015, 12:32 PM
You should look to buy your kids half season tickets in the ff lower mate. I am sure last year they were only £25 each. Even if you's only make it along to 3 games post Xmas you'd save yourself money
Going to get half seasons for the 3 of us mate. We were in the ff last 5 years. Really missing the games this season been about 4 times but boys are missing it even more.

Lucius Apuleius
30-10-2015, 01:06 PM

God will be there although I doubt Le God will. :wink:

iwasthere1972
30-10-2015, 01:24 PM
My sister has never been to a match in her entire life but she's coming on Sunday.

Ross4356
30-10-2015, 03:06 PM
It'll be good to see you at ER mate.  you in the East?

Yes mate section 42 :)

bobbyhibs1983
30-10-2015, 03:48 PM

How is he getting a ticket? is he on the database?:na na:

Geo_1875
30-10-2015, 03:56 PM

He is everywhere

Hannah_hfc
30-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Just bought my tickets for Sunday, the Dundee utd game and St Mirren away :thumbsup

Not many red sections for Sunday on the ticket site, do we reckon there'll be a few walk ups?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

woodythehibee
30-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Just bought my tickets for Sunday, the Dundee utd game and St Mirren away :thumbsup

Not many red sections for Sunday on the ticket site, do we reckon there'll be a few walk ups?

Hopefully with it being payday for a lot of folk today (in a 5 week month) we should see a boost in tickets sales today/tomorrow.

HappyAsHellas
30-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Looking at the site, there are only around 70 seats left for sections 41 - 43. Buggered if I know if this is good or bad though.

scoopyboy
30-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Looking at the site, there are only around 70 seats left for sections 41 - 43. Buggered if I know if this is good or bad though.

It's good in that they are all but sold out, the plus is that the green sections 38 and 44 will turn yellow quicker as the more central sections are nearly away.

Billy Whizz
30-10-2015, 06:05 PM

It's an expensive week for Hibs fans, would feel it's all worthwhile with 3 great wins

lord bunberry
30-10-2015, 06:42 PM

Yes I am

delthehibee
30-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Is the Hibs ticket office tomorrow?

Carheenlea
30-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Getting 2 foreigners tickets for Sundays match

Aye, it was only a matter of time before we started selling Foreigner Tickets - subsidised as well I bet. Meanwhile us season ticket holders continue to pay through for the nose with our hard earned money and get nothing back in return other than a fat bill for next seasons ST`s. It`s no coincidence we see these Foreigner Tickets when we have a woman running the show. Oh no. There was none of this liberal nonsense when Petrie was in charge. We`re all going to hell in a handcart etc..

iwasthere1972
30-10-2015, 06:56 PM

Monday - Friday: 10am - 5pm

Saturday Non Match Day: 10am-3pm

Match Days: 10am - 30mins after final whistle

Hannah_hfc
30-10-2015, 06:59 PM
It's an expensive week for Hibs fans, would feel it's all worthwhile with 3 great wins
£68 quid worth, just as well it was payday :greengrin

Agree though, definitely worth it if we can get 3 big wins

Malthibby
30-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Amnother 3 bought to go with my ST, although I've had to move to the East from the West again,
grandson hates my snoring.
GG

delthehibee
30-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Cheers thanks

smithy_hibees
30-10-2015, 08:03 PM
4 tickets for East today buzzing for this

TomTheHibbyBev
30-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Two more Tickets for the East in the bag.

Ringothedog
30-10-2015, 09:24 PM

Yes from 10:00

CraigHibee
30-10-2015, 11:09 PM
hopefully a good crowd there on sunday, really looking forward to the game, the huns are not unbeatable, they have been lucky in a few games, heres hoping their luck is about to run out :aok:

S4uzee
30-10-2015, 11:14 PM
£68 quid worth, just as well it was payday :greengrin

Agree though, definitely worth it if we can get 3 big wins

Plus if you add in previous games at Falkirk and Raith but who cares about the money when we win 😀

Keith_M
31-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Just had a look online and the ticket sales have been really poor.

Gonna be a very sparsely populated home end tomorrow.

We'd be as well going back to selling part of the West Stand to away Fans, like we used to do with the old Main Stand.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2015, 03:20 PM

We'd be as well going back to selling part of the West Stand to away Fans, like we used to do with the old Main Stand.

Thought we were looking at 11-12k in home end?

Ringothedog
31-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Really ? I looked and would guess anything between 14 & 16 k. Not too shabby.

SunshineOnLeith
31-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Sunday lunchtimes are just awful, full stop. Even if it is a 'big game' the entire sense of occasion is drained from it by the scheduling. I much prefer watching Hibs v Anyone on a Saturday at 3pm to Hibs v Rangers or even Hearts on a Sunday lunchtime. Especially at the nonsense price of 28 quid.

I'm going tomorrow but don't blame anyone who chooses not to. I'm lucky enough to get concession prices this season as a student but didn't last season and didn't attend any Cat A games other than the playoff.

Rory
31-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Down from inversneckie for this one. Hopefully a good trip back up tomorrow with a win

GGTTH

NorthRoadHibee
31-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Went to get tickets yesterday. Underestimated the traffic and was stuck just before Easter road at 16 57 . Phoned the ticket office and asked if they could stay open for 5 mins longer (wouldnt of been long enough) they said they couldn't as the machines go off at 5. I had no choice but to get out my pals car and leg it down to the ground. Made it by a mere second just as they were about to close up. I'll take this slice of luck as a sign tomorrow is going to be a good day! GGTTH

Keith_M
31-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Thought we were looking at 11-12k in home end?

Really ? I looked and would guess anything between 14 & 16 k. Not too shabby.

I was going by the online sales chart, where a lot of the sections are still green. There are some sections that are still more than half empty.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we actually had 12k+ home fans. It just doesn't look that way now.

adhibs
31-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Looks like theres been very few shifted the last couple days which is very disapointing

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Looks like theres been very few shifted the last couple days which is very disapointing

With it being a sunday lunchtime KO and up to £28 a ticket then you can see why. But I agree, very disappointing.

Borderhibbie76
31-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Hibs need to address this 28 quid for Cat A games...it's obviously putting many walk ups off and as a current ST holder it would not bother me if they discounted walk up prices to attract better crowds. Still it's disappointing we won't have a larger crowd 2moro but let's hope the Hibees do the business

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
31-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Hibs need to address this 28 quid for Cat A games...it's obviously putting many walk ups off and as a current ST holder it would not bother me if they discounted walk up prices to attract better crowds. Still it's disappointing we won't have a larger crowd 2moro but let's hope the Hibees do the business

It's a tricky one. Discount walk up prices and some fans would think twice about buying a season ticket. We would also have to discount the The Rangers allocation.

Golden Bear
31-10-2015, 05:01 PM
With it being a sunday lunchtime KO and up to £28 a ticket then you can see why. But I agree, very disappointing.

And it's also on the box.

Onceinawhile
31-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Why do people still bang the reduce prices drum? How many times do we need to see that it doesn't work before people give it up?

Ringothedog
31-10-2015, 05:04 PM
It's a tricky one. Discount walk up prices and some fans would think twice about buying a season ticket. We would also have to discount the The Rangers allocation.

We could have done a deal such as buying a Dumbarton and rangers ticket for £40, that way we can still charge the the Huns £28.

iwasthere1972
31-10-2015, 05:11 PM
We could have done a deal such as buying a Dumbarton and rangers ticket for £40, that way we can still charge the the Huns £28.

We could have but we didn't. Perhaps a large discount on half season tickets to entice fans to buy in January.

The_Horde
31-10-2015, 05:15 PM

I got tickets for rubin kazan vs Liverpool at anfield for the same price. Crazy

Borderhibbie76
31-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I got tickets for rubin kazan vs Liverpool for the same price. Crazy
Me personally I would pay it if I didn't have a ST but I can totally see why people don't or can't. 28 quid for any Scottish league match is over priced and it needs addressing by the club. Like u say mate crazy it's the same cost as a Europa League match

Pretty Boy
31-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I got tickets for rubin kazan vs Liverpool at anfield for the same price. Crazy

Agreed it's crazy.

In fact it's scandalous that a club who earned £92.75M in TV deals and add ons last year are charging the same for a cup they have no interest as a club like us who rely on fans through the gate to stay in business are charging for our biggest game of the season. Liverpool should be ashamed.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Why do people still bang the reduce prices drum? How many times do we need to see that it doesn't work before people give it up?

Because it's never been tried for long enough to see it's efficacy. It seems to be an established fact on here that 'lower prices don't affect attendances,fact'. Which isn't true.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Because it's never been tried for long enough to see it's efficacy. It seems to be an established fact on here that 'lower prices don't affect attendances,fact'. Which isn't true.

Can we afford to find out?

Motherwell are the best example, that I can think of, of a club who consistently reduced prices, offered family deals etc to get fans through the gate. It didn't work at all for them.

It's not as simple as just reducing prices for a 5 game, 10 game or full season period. Season ticket pricing would have to be restructured and if it flopped, and if we were poor on the park it would regardless of price, then we'd be in big trouble on no time.

Frazerbob
31-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Win our next 2 games and watch the crowds miraculously increase.

PatHead
31-10-2015, 05:49 PM

You are wrong. The fact is a drop in price would mean a drop in the amount of cash Hibs would receive and we can't afford that.

If we made it £14 per ticket we would not get double the crowd and would lose money. We have reduced prices for lots of games including the The Rangers play off, the Aberdeen League Cup game and did not sell out the ground. We gave away free tickets against Cowdenbeath last season and they were not even taken up by half those eligible.

The facts are there but if guys like you beat the drum long enough it will become a fact that cost is the main factor. Fans have got out the habit and do something else or prefer to sit in a pub or at home watching it live on telly.

The only thing that will fill the ground is a winning team every week, fans return, start enjoying it again and the cycle starts again. It is not all down to price.

trev the hat
31-10-2015, 05:49 PM
TV deal is key in all this pricing nonsense, the fact that we've come to a stage where any Scottish club has to charge £28+ for any game (cat A or not) is an indictment to those who run our game & an example of the any TV deal @ any price attitude.

c31
31-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Win our next 2 games and watch the crowds miraculously increase.

Win promotion and watch our crowds grow. As £28 for a lower league game at Sunday lunch time is taking the piss ....

Brightside
31-10-2015, 06:03 PM
You are wrong. The fact is a drop in price would mean a drop in the amount of cash Hibs would receive and we can't afford that.

If we made it £14 per ticket we would not get double the crowd and would lose money. We have reduced prices for lots of games including the The Rangers play off, the Aberdeen League Cup game and did not sell out the ground. We gave away free tickets against Cowdenbeath last season and they were not even taken up by half those eligible.

The facts are there but if guys like you beat the drum long enough it will become a fact that cost is the main factor. Fans have got out the habit and do something else or prefer to sit in a pub or at home watching it live on telly.

The only thing that will fill the ground is a winning team every week, fans return, start enjoying it again and the cycle starts again. It is not all down to price.

100% spot on.

stoneyburn hibs
31-10-2015, 06:03 PM
£28 or £20 for tomorrow's game. I really don't think it would have that much of a difference to the total attendance. It's all to easy for the mibbies not to attend. 12:30 ko and it's on the box.
Be great to see at 12k Hibs fans tomorrow.

Keith_M
31-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I realise there are lots of people this doesn't apply to, as they have really good reasons for not being able to attend, but I find it a shame that so few Hibs Fans appear to be bothering with a game that could potentially make or break our season.

I'm not in any way telling people they should go, I'm just a bit surprised (TBH, also a little dissapointed) that it hasn't stirred more people's interest.

DC_Hibs
31-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I realise there are lots of people this doesn't apply to, as they have really good reasons for not being able to attend, but I find it a shame that so few Hibs Fans appear to be bothering with a game that could potentially make or break our season.

I'm not in any way telling people they should go, I'm just a bit surprised (TBH, also a little dissapointed) that it hasn't stirred more people's interest.

How many games are you averaging in recent seasons?

Keith_M
31-10-2015, 06:22 PM

Did you read my post?

lucky
31-10-2015, 06:28 PM

The point that some are making is that £28 is too expensive. But a price around £20 is more acceptable. Your argument that Hibs would lose money by reducing the price is flawed, If we followed that through Hibs are losing money by not charging more! Surely the more fans the better and clearly for some £28 is to high.

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 06:36 PM
So will the pods be open tomorrow?

hibsbollah
31-10-2015, 06:45 PM

I've just said, you only know if reduced prices work by doing it over a sustained period, in order to get potential new fans hooked, so your point about the rangers game and similar one off reductions is irrelevant. And give it a rest with 'guys like you'; I've never posted on this subject before iirc, 'banging the drum' or otherwise. 'People like you' need to accept the efficacy isn't proven one way or another.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2015, 06:51 PM
The point that some are making is that £28 is too expensive. But a price around £20 is more acceptable. Your argument that Hibs would lose money by reducing the price is flawed, If we followed that through Hibs are losing money by not charging more! Surely the more fans the better and clearly for some £28 is to high.

:agree: Why not make it £50 a game, perhaps that way we would match the spending power of The Rangers?

3pm
31-10-2015, 06:52 PM
:agree: Why not make it £50 a game, perhaps that way we would match the spending power of The Rangers?

Maybe not the best example!!!

Brooster
31-10-2015, 06:54 PM

Sounds like he could be taking in a few at the pink palace.

Jamesconnolly
31-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Every big game brings this same debate.people trying to justify why they are not going.if you are able to attend,have the money etc get to the match.if you don't have the money etc don't bore me to death with your feeble excuses.the people who are at the game are the important ones I don't care about the can't goes seek to my back teeth of hearing it.when we get to a cup final this year I will be supplying diddly squat tickets to anyone.too all going tomorrow lets get behind the lads and out sing the Huns GGTTH:flag:

oconnors_strip
31-10-2015, 07:04 PM

No, for CAT a games it's ticket office only

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:17 PM
I've just said, you only know if reduced prices work by doing it over a sustained period, in order to get potential new fans hooked, so your point about the rangers game and similar one off reductions is irrelevant. And give it a rest with 'guys like you'; I've never posted on this subject before iirc, 'banging the drum' or otherwise. 'People like you' need to accept the efficacy isn't proven one way or another.

I didn't check to see if you were one of the ones "banging the drum" before and was making a more general comment.

The point I am making is that other clubs have tried longer term schemes, we have reduced for certain games but it just doesn't work. I don't think Hibs could afford to take the hit for a sustained period of time. We are probably losing money already in this division.

If we want a squad like we have we need to keep the prices as they are. For what it is worth I don't know anyone not going because of the cost. I know a few who are watching it in the pub though or at home because it is on telly and they can have a drink whilst watching it.

Baldy Foghorn
31-10-2015, 07:24 PM
I didn't check to see if you were one of the ones "banging the drum" before and was making a more general comment.

The point I am making is that other clubs have tried longer term schemes, we have reduced for certain games but it just doesn't work. I don't think Hibs could afford to take the hit for a sustained period of time. We are probably losing money already in this division.

If we want a squad like we have we need to keep the prices as they are. For what it is worth I don't know anyone not going because of the cost. I know a few who are watching it in the pub though or at home because it is on telly and they can have a drink whilst watching it.

Account's will be popping through letterboxes shortly, I am expecting another substantial loss..........

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2015, 07:26 PM

My £50 quote was tongue in cheek, but i'd say the price might not be the reason many are not going on sunday, but i'd say the price we are now paying IS putting people off going regularly these days.

Many folk who are walk ups WILL pick and choose their games, and with the creeping up and up over the years, its easy to see why.

Football in Scotland is a poor affair, and where some folks ceiling might have been £20, others might be £25. What may be to dear for some is not for others, but hiking the price up in my opinion will not help.

I don't know the answer other than making season tickets that cheap we could all afford them, perhaps 17000 at £200 a pop?

It is a difficult one, but there are many teams in the SPL who charge a lot less than us who manage ok.

essexhibee
31-10-2015, 07:32 PM
One more ticket being bought at 10am tomorrow.

Can't wait 👍🏻

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:33 PM
My £50 quote was tongue in cheek, but i'd say the price might not be the reason many are not going on sunday, but i'd say the price we are now paying IS putting people off going regularly these days.

Many folk who are walk ups WILL pick and choose their games, and with the creeping up and up over the years, its easy to see why.

Football in Scotland is a poor affair, and where some folks ceiling might have been £20, others might be £25. What may be to dear for some is not for others, but hiking the price up in my opinion will not help.

I don't know the answer other than making season tickets that cheap we could all afford them, perhaps 17000 at £200 a pop?

It is a difficult one, but there are many teams in the SPL who charge a lot less than us who manage ok.

I like the idea of a discount in season ticket prices if we reach a higher level like £400 if we sell 3000. £350 if we sell 5000 etc (haven't done the maths but you know what I mean) or a 10% renewal voucher or vouchers for behind the goals or for kiosks etc. Also think kids under secondary age should get a free season if they have an adult.

The books would have to balance though.

Stuarty27
31-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Dunno what folk are getting excited at, there is sections red in east now.

There will be a decent crowd tomorrow, between 15,000-16,000 for a game on a sunday morning on tv is decent.

silverhibee
31-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Nope.

B.H.F.C
31-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Dunno what folk are getting excited at, there is sections red in east now.

There will be a decent crowd tomorrow, between 15,000-16,000 for a game on a sunday morning on tv is decent.

It's in the afternoon.

PatHead
31-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Managed to talk another one into coming along but he can't get a seat near us! Our section is full bar 3 seats at the front.

The_Horde
31-10-2015, 07:44 PM
TV deal is key in all this pricing nonsense, the fact that we've come to a stage where any Scottish club has to charge £28+ for any game (cat A or not) is an indictment to those who run our game & an example of the any TV deal @ any price attitude.

Didn't seem to do hearts much damage last season

Famous Fiver
31-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I have not read through the whole thread so don't know if this has already been mentioned.

In my opinion price has got little to do with it, the elephant in the room is the putrid, rancid, sectarian atmosphere prevalent in the away support.

Many want nothing to do with this and will not subject themselves to the best part of two hours of bile and bigotry.

If there is any match I do not attend in a season it is when the latest incarnation of the club formerly operating as Glasgow Rangers comes to town.

That said I am going tomorrow..........

jabis
31-10-2015, 07:59 PM
I have not read through the whole thread so don't know if this has already been mentioned.

In my opinion price has got little to do with it, the elephant in the room is the putrid, rancid, sectarian atmosphere prevalent in the away support.

Many want nothing to do with this and will not subject themselves to the best part of two hours of bile and bigotry.

If there is any match I do not attend in a season it is when the latest incarnation of the club formerly operating as Glasgow Rangers comes to town.

Brilliant.

iwasthere1972
31-10-2015, 08:08 PM

I go to watch Hibs. I don't believe for one minute that anyone who wants to support Hibs would not because of who is in the away stand tomorrow. Different if it was Ibrox and we were completely outnumbered by them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-10-2015, 08:11 PM

So you seem to enjoy saying, its amazing what fans will do to stop their clubs going out of existance eh?

Smartie
31-10-2015, 08:11 PM
I go to watch Hibs. I don't believe for one minute that anyone who wants to support Hibs would not because of who is in the away stand tomorrow. Different if it was Ibrox and we were completely outnumbered by them.

It wouldn't put me off as an adult.

But I'd hope to take my kids to see Hibs one day and there is no way they'll be getting subjected to the Old Firm experience until they're much older.

I'd imagine that there will be a lot of parents out there who will take their kids most weeks but miss out Rangers and Celtic and possibly the derbies.

Scott Allan Key
31-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Have got tickets for myself and my two boys. Their last season ticket was under Fenlon/Butcher and they saw nothing pre-Calderwood. It was like trying to drag Damien into the church from the Omen getting my eldest to watch Hibs. I honestly think they saw maybe 0 Hibs goals in the last seasons' games I took them to and that was half a dozen or so.

They are excited about tomorrow and are looking forward to it. I think Hibs could make it easier for lapsed/new fans going to big games to whet their appetites. I know someone who feels the hassle of registering for a Category A game is putting him off but I hopeful of persuading new fans for the cup game on Wednesday.

I can't normally make Saturday's but was last at Aberdeen game and there was a massive improvement from Stranraer game. Onwards and upwards and can always show the kids Shrek later so they don't have nightmares about the ogres they will hear tomorrow.

iwasthere1972
31-10-2015, 08:14 PM

But I'd hope to take my kids to see Hibs one day and there is no way they'll be getting subjected to the Old Firm experience until they're much older.

I'd imagine that there will be a lot of parents out there who will take their kids most weeks but miss out Rangers and Celtic and possibly the derbies.

I was talking about adults. I can see your point of view about not subjecting your kids to their vile songs etc.

lord bunberry
31-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I'll be there and I'll be drunk and I'll be singing derogatory songs about Lee Wallace and as God is my witness I will not remember any of the first half. Come on the ****ing hibees.
:gwa::gwa::gwa::gwa::gwa:

essexhibee
31-10-2015, 08:15 PM
One more ticket being bought at 10am tomorrow.

Can't wait 👍🏻

Famous Fiver
31-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Glad that others are not put off but I am sure some are. Just my opinion.

Golden Bear
31-10-2015, 08:28 PM

You're correct. It's not so much the actual match experience as the journey to and from the stadium. It's a concern of some but not me personally.

lord bunberry
31-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I've been put off hibs for years, but the alternative is spending time with Lady Bunberry so I have turned into a hardcore die hard. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
31-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I was talking about adults. I can see your point of view about not subjecting your kids to their vile songs etc.

I'm happy to educate my son. He's now 13 and is already fully aware of sectarianism and bigotry.

We will be there tomorrow and at aged 13, understands that what they sing is vile and wrong. The only thing I can't teach him is why people are allowed to sing things like they do in front of police/cameras/media without any punishment.

#bigotedscm

Once and for all this needs to be eradicated - when a 13 year old is puzzled

Alfred E Newman
31-10-2015, 08:48 PM

I don't think it has but I suppose it is another good excuse if someone is looking for one.

trev the hat
31-10-2015, 08:51 PM

But I know a man who is 👍

Billy Whizz
31-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Football is an expensive business. If someone hasn't got a season ticket, and support Hibs, they have 3 games to pay for this week, which add upto £68 without transport etc.
If you pay for Sky and the game is on, I can understand why people stay at home to watch it if money is tight.
I think around 11,000 Hibs coming along tomorrow is an excellent turn out. If we can get a good win and put pressure on Rangers, in sure we can entice a few more back on a regular basis

lucky
31-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Today Villareal v Seville had under 17000 there so 13000-15000 for a second tier game in Scotland is not bad

seanshow
31-10-2015, 09:13 PM
If anyone is looking for inspiration about getting a ticket for tomorrow...
have a gander at this video of our last big game at ER, it was a great night!

MatchDay - Hibernian v Aberdeen

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blHMIb5GXY)

grunt
31-10-2015, 09:26 PM
If anyone is looking for inspiration about getting a ticket for tomorrow...
have a gander at this video of our last big game at ER, it was a great night!

MatchDay - Hibernian v Aberdeen

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blHMIb5GXY)Great to watch, thanks!

Ronniekirk
31-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Football is an expensive business. If someone hasn't got a season ticket, and support Hibs, they have 3 games to pay for this week, which add upto £68 without transport etc.
If you pay for Sky and the game is on, I can understand why people stay at home to watch it if money is tight.
I think around 11,000 Hibs coming along tomorrow is an excellent turn out. If we can get a good win and put pressure on Rangers, in sure we can entice a few more back on a regular basis

Tell me about it Billy Just as well the third of those is in Paisley and I can walk to it In a Hotel on the outskirts of Edinburgh with the wife and looking forward to tomorrow Moan The Hibs

Billy Whizz
31-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Tell me about it Billy Just as well the third of those is in Paisley and I can walk to it In a Hotel on the outskirts of Edinburgh with the wife and looking forward to tomorrow Moan The Hibs

You seem to be in a hotel before most of the games Ronnie, you need to tell me how to do it😄

Ronniekirk
31-10-2015, 09:45 PM
You seem to be in a hotel before most of the games Ronnie, you need to tell me how to do it😄

Treat from the wife Billy but I still had to sit in the bar and watch Stricktly

lord bunberry
31-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Treat from the wife Billy but I still had to sit in the bar and watch Stricktly

Lucky you, I've just had to put up with a kids hallowe'en party, I'm covered in syrup and nauseous after an hour of the X Factor. Mon the cabbage.

Golden Bear
31-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Lucky you, I've just had to put up with a kids hallowe'en party, I'm covered in syrup and nauseous after an hour of the X Factor. Mon the cabbage.

Good one. The lesser of two evils maybe!!

lord bunberry
31-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Good one. The lesser of two evils maybe!!

I'm stuck to the couch and I need a wee wee

Col2
31-10-2015, 11:06 PM
So....back on topic of actual and predicted ticket sales. Did a very rough count of available seats and total available between 3400 - 3700 (East was about 900) therefore crowd in theory of 16k+ . However we know a percentage of season ticket holders may not come so 15k+ for me.

Decent crowd and will be more than decent noise.

Come on Hibs.

monktonharp
31-10-2015, 11:26 PM

We'd be as well going back to selling part of the West Stand to away Fans, like we used to do with the old Main Stand.you sir, are at the wind up

monktonharp
31-10-2015, 11:40 PM

If we want a squad like we have we need to keep the prices as they are. For what it is worth I don't know anyone not going because of the cost. I know a few who are watching it in the pub though or at home because it is on telly and they can have a drink whilst watching it.:agree:and pretend to be Hibernian fans, if we win:wink:

iwasthere1972
31-10-2015, 11:46 PM
:agree:and pretend to be Hibernian fans, if we win:wink:

:agree: if it was a cup final that kicked off at eight in the morning they wouldn't be watching the telly. :wink:

DH1875
01-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Today Villareal v Seville had under 17000 there so 13000-15000 for a second tier game in Scotland is not bad

Edinburgh has something like 5 times the population. Factor in the travel problems for away fans getting there and 17000 for a Villareal game is like having 100k at an SPFL game. Poor example IMO.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2015, 03:06 AM

I prefer Treacle but the bar has a spooky theme going on and it's now passed the Witching Hour think I will cast a wee spell on Rangers to make sure they loose and then head to bed or might end up missing the game with a hangover

lucky
01-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Edinburgh has something like 5 times the population. Factor in the travel problems for away fans getting there and 17000 for a Villareal game is like having 100k at an SPFL game. Poor example IMO.

A top flight Spanish game v a second tier Scottish game. You really think that Hibs should be drawing more at home than side sitting 5th in their league based on population ?

Big_Franck
01-11-2015, 09:20 AM
A top flight Spanish game v a second tier Scottish game. You really think that Hibs should be drawing more at home than side sitting 5th in their league based on population ?

Villarreal are like the Scottish equivalent of Gretna - a club from a tiny town bankrolled by a multi-millionaire. Difference being that Villarreal's owner is around for the long run and has serious money. Villarreal even getting 10k at home games would be a great achievement.

Agree that our attendance today won't be bad at all though. 14k plus for a sunday morning game on tv in the championship is a decent effort.

liamh2202
01-11-2015, 09:37 AM

This is definitely the case. I have always taken my son to all the games and im glad i did as he enjoys the big ones the most. But i do understand why some of my friends dont take their kids

offshorehibby
01-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm counting about 1000 seats left in the East just after 11 this morning. The sad things you do when you're stuck offshore and can't make the game.

offshorehibby
01-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Showing 1615 in the west stand

essexhibee
01-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Was couple groups of foreign chaps buying tickets earlier when I was getting mine. Was good to see!

Gatecrasher
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Money well spent :flag:

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 05:02 PM

:agree: £14 a goal :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Showing 1615 in the west stand

And 1690 in the South 😉

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Indeed. I'm an ST holder but would happily have paid £28, £38 or £108 to be there today. Nothing quite tops beating that shower. It's priceless.

Hamish
01-11-2015, 05:42 PM
And 1690 in the South 

Well played sir.:top marks