PDA

View Full Version : I Know its HIBS but why do we make things hard for ourselves

Wellbankhibby
27-10-2015, 01:57 AM
First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long. My question is why do we always seem to make things hard for ourselves. Was not at these games but listened to Radio when we were under real pressure. Falkirk game seemed to be 50/50 and against Raith we totally controlled first half before coming under pressure. The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH :confused:

HoboHarry
27-10-2015, 02:09 AM
First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long. My question is why do we always seem to make things hard for ourselves. Was not at these games but listened to Radio when we were under real pressure. Falkirk game seemed to be 50/50 and against Raith we totally controlled first half before coming under pressure. The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH :confused:
:taxi

KeithTheHibby
27-10-2015, 06:32 AM

You are everything that is wrong with Hibs supporters. Never happy.

MrSmith
27-10-2015, 06:32 AM
I suppose we do but I'm glad won't don't screw the tax, local businesses nor charities to gain advantage over others! Rangers and Hearts have done this for years to cheat rather than win fairly! GGTTH And, our heads are held high!

green day
27-10-2015, 06:51 AM
The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH :confused:

And if we don't take 3 points, it might confirm that we are effectively in pole position for the playoffs, which is what I have prepared for anyway.

I would be confident home and away against anyone right now. Including whoever is 2nd bottom of the premier.

Too many moaners on here at the moment.

Steve20
27-10-2015, 07:00 AM

Why, because what he's said is spot on. We have also made it hard for ourselves by letting Rangers get an 8 point lead on us.

We are improving but we still have to improve faster.

Smartie
27-10-2015, 07:00 AM
We have no divine right to beat anyone and need to work for every victory.

It is a myth that Hearts pumped everyone last year but with hard work, getting goals to get themselves in front and then some backs to the wall defending/ carrying a bit of luck/ seeing games out they managed to earn a lot of victories that saw them scoosh the league.

These are some of our hardest games - and we've taken maximum points.

I'd be delighted to see us hang on for the 3 points any way possible this weekend.

All departments of the team are okaying a part right now and we should give them credit for it, not criticise them for making it a bit uncomfortable for us at times.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Mmm... Posts a ***** post then disappears with no reply. 👋🏼👋🏼

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Why, because what he's said is spot on. We have also made it hard for ourselves by letting Rangers get an 8 point lead on us.

We have won our last 10 games in a row. Even The Rangers are now struggling to beat teams so it's about time to gave it a rest ffs. 3 points is 3 points and Hearts proved by beating teams by battling it can win championships. We dominate 9/10 games we play what more do folk want? Yes it wasn't a good start but we are flying now!

Honestly I think you should just enjoy the wins Steve ans stop being so over critical of everything Hibs.

Iggy Pope
27-10-2015, 07:53 AM
We have won our last 10 games in a row. Even The Rangers are now struggling to beat teams so it's about time to gave it a rest ffs. 3 points is 3 points and Hearts proved by beating teams by battling it can win championships. We dominate 9/10 games we play what more do folk want? Yes it wasn't a good start but we are flying now!

Honestly I think you should just enjoy the wins Steve ans stop being so over critical of everything Hibs.

???? You are the Easter Road Stadium Announcer and I claim my five pounds.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:08 AM
???? You are the Easter Road Stadium Announcer and I claim my five pounds.

😁

Should have said its 10/11 or something like that. It's too early!!

Joe's ice cream
27-10-2015, 08:09 AM
My problem with the OP is the attitude that we should be 'beating these teams all day long' please explain how this works exactly ?

Jim44
27-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Mmm... Posts a ***** post then disappears with no reply. 

Maybe away digging for more bait. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
27-10-2015, 08:11 AM

A statement that is just plain wrong and the kind of arrogant attitude that should be left to Sevconians and the poppy thieves. Falkirk and Raith are good teams.

Hibs teams have to work hard for everything we get and if Stubbs keeps us going the way we are now the hard work should pay off.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Maybe away digging for more bait. :greengrin

😁 Prob is!

MSK
27-10-2015, 08:27 AM

We are improving but we still have to improve faster.Improve faster ? We are on a good winning run and just off the back of 3 tricky away games in which we picked up maximum points, how faster do you want hibs to be ?

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Improve faster ? We are on a good winning run and just off the back of 3 tricky away games in which we picked up maximum points, how faster do you want hibs to be ?

Maybe this fast 🏃🏼.......💥

Brightside
27-10-2015, 08:32 AM
He's right we should be beating all these team 6 or 7 nil every week. We are rubbish and will never improve. I blame Leannne and maybe the u15 team having the wrong colour shorts!

Just Alf
27-10-2015, 08:41 AM
He's right we should be beating all these team 6 or 7 nil every week. We are rubbish and will never improve. I blame Leannne and maybe the u15 team having the wrong colour shorts!

This! :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2015, 08:52 AM
We should be beating these teams all day long? Erm, we did beat them. Our problem in the past is we haven't won these scrappy games, or even games where we dominated. No-one is criticising TheRangers for digging out results, but when we do it, its dissapointing! Crazy. The current form is good so lets focus on that, and save the moaning for when we actually have problems with the current form.

Coults1875
27-10-2015, 09:02 AM
We should be beating these teams all day long? Erm, we did beat them. Our problem in the past is we haven't won these scrappy games, or even games where we dominated. No-one is criticising TheRangers for digging out results, but when we do it, its dissapointing! Crazy. The current form is good so lets focus on that, and save the moaning for when we actually have problems with the current form.

:agree:

J-C
27-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Last year we'd have dropped points against Falkirk and Raith, we dug in and got all 6 points, I'd like to see us improving our 2nd half displays, I haven't a clue what is said in the dressing room but it was the same last year too, we come out at half time sleeping and allow the other teams to get back into the game, hard to put my finger on what happens during the break.

Ozyhibby
27-10-2015, 09:39 AM
It's hard to complain about results just now. Not every game can be won comfortably. Two tough away ties, maximum points.
Saturday was difficult, mainly because we were only playing with ten men. Malonga would have been as well sitting in the stand beside me for all the good he was doing.
I still think we need more goals but right now we are getting the results and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato
27-10-2015, 09:46 AM
It's hard to complain about results just now. Not every game can be won comfortably. Two tough away ties, maximum points.
Saturday was difficult, mainly because we were only playing with ten men. Malonga would have been as well sitting in the stand beside me for all the good he was doing.
I still think we need more goals but right now we are getting the results and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malonga did well holding the ball up for the first goal.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Over the past year we have played 36 games in the league. We have won 25, drawn 5 and lost 6. Of the 6 defeats we lost 3 on the spin in March/April and 2 at the beginning of the season.

Ignoring the St Mirren game we have not drawn a game since January dispelling the myth we draw too many games.

What exactly are we meant to do to improve things? I think we have been very unlucky to have a Hearts team who played out their skin last season and a The Rangers team who have won 11 matches in a row this season.

Can folk not see the positives? Last season we had 15 points at this stage. This season we have 25. To put it in perspective Hearts had 29 at this stage last year.

J-C
27-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Over the past year we have played 36 games in the league. We have won 25, drawn 5 and lost 6. Of the 6 defeats we lost 3 on the spin in March/April and 2 at the beginning of the season.

Ignoring the St Mirren game we have not drawn a game since January dispelling the myth we draw too many games.

What exactly are we meant to do to improve things? I think we have been very unlucky to have a Hearts team who played out their skin last season and a The Rangers team who have won 11 matches in a row this season.

Can folk not see the positives? Last season we had 15 points at this stage. This season we have 25.

Last season we drew 7 and lost 8. We lost 4 of our 1st 6 games at the start of last season.

It's a better start this season but not as good as it should have been, we do look a bit mentally stronger which is a good thing.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Last season we drew 7 and lost 8. We lost 4 of our 1st 6 games at the start of last season

I know.

I said over the past year not the season. Was highlighting the improvements.

J-C
27-10-2015, 09:58 AM
I know.

I said over the past year not the season. Was highlighting the improvements.

Fair enough.

Carheenlea
27-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Our last two games have been away at potentially tricky venues, and while both second halves were more torturous for the fans than they really needed to be, we can`t be too critical when the results keep coming.
I believe we should be winning every game in this league, but while we know that won`t happen we have to approach each game with that mindset. If we can win in the manner like we did at Palmerston, it will make for a few more comfortable afternoons for the supporters, but as the season wears on, I think we will see more of these, but right now I`ll accept the shredded fingernails if we can keep churning out the wins.

emerald green
27-10-2015, 10:14 AM
First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long.

What do you mean by "all day long"? Are you saying Hibs just need to turn up against these wee diddie teams and collect all three points, every time we play them. That would be great eh? :rolleyes:

PatHead
27-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Our last two games have been away at potentially tricky venues, and while both second halves were more torturous for the fans than they really needed to be, we can`t be too critical when the results keep coming.
I believe we should be winning every game in this league, but while we know that won`t happen we have to approach each game with that mindset. If we can win in the manner like we did at Palmerston, it will make for a few more comfortable afternoons for the supporters, but as the season wears on, I think we will see more of these, but right now I`ll accept the shredded fingernails if we can keep churning out the wins.

Last season Hearts won 13 games by only 1 goal. We better get used to it

lyonhibs
27-10-2015, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Spike Mandela;4489502]A statement that is just plain wrong and the kind of arrogant attitude that should be left to Sevconians and the poppy thieves. Falkirk and Raith are good teams.

Hibs teams have to work hard for everything we get and if Stubbs keeps us going the way we are now the hard work should pay off.[/QUO

I agree to an extent, but Sevco are 5 points clear and the Savilles pished all over this league last season. When you can marry self confidence to on-field performances, it's a winning combo.

Based on budget, fanbase etc etc, we should have the players in place to comfortably beat all teams in this league, at home certainly, with the possible exception of Rangers. Who I still expect us to beat FWIW.

emerald green
27-10-2015, 10:20 AM

:agree: It doesn't matter how many goals a team wins by. All that matters is winning most weeks if a club has any chance of winning a title.

BoomtownHibees
27-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Sevco are 5 points clear.

8 until after Sunday's game

PatHead
27-10-2015, 10:24 AM
:agree: It doesn't matter how many goals a team wins by. All that matters is winning most weeks if a club has any chance of winning a title.

Exactly. The ability to grind out results could be the difference in winning and finishing in the play offs. Turning those draws into wins won them 26 extra points last season.

Kato
27-10-2015, 10:27 AM

If Hibs won every game by one goal I'd be a happy chappy. Apparently the op wouldn't.

Kojock
27-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Two fantastic wins against a Falkirk team who had not lost a league game at home this season and a Raith team who had won all five of their home league games this season. Not a bad six points to collect if you ask me GGTTH.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Two fantastic wins against a Falkirk team who had not lost a league game at home this season and a Raith team who had won all five of their home league games this season. Not a bad six points to collect if you ask me GGTTH.

Add on an away win at QoS who have made things difficult for us in the past and you can see the change in character.

Onceinawhile
27-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I don't think we should be winning these games all day. Merely for an hour and a half.

My_Wife_Camille
27-10-2015, 11:56 AM
What do you mean by "all day long"? Are you saying Hibs just need to turn up against these wee diddie teams and collect all three points, every time we play them. That would be great eh? :rolleyes:
Like Hearts did and Rangers are doing? Or like we did in 1998? Yes, that is what I would expect of a team of Hibernians statue playing in Scotland's second teir. I'm delighted with our recent form but the reaction to it only highlights how far the club has fallen. People calling a 1-0 away win to Falkirk with a dodgy penalty a 'fantastic' result? It wasn't all that long ago that we went to Falkirk and beat them 5-1 and nobody batted an eyelid.

Win against Falkirk, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers should be routine. Thankfully this season it's starting to look that way.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Like Hearts did and Rangers are doing? Or like we did in 1998? Yes, that is what I would expect of a team of Hibernians statue playing in Scotland's second teir. I'm delighted with our recent form but the reaction to it only highlights how far the club has fallen. People calling a 1-0 away win to Falkirk with a dodgy penalty a 'fantastic' result? It wasn't all that long ago that we went to Falkirk and beat them 5-1 and nobody batted an eyelid.

Win against Falkirk, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers should be routine. Thankfully this season it's starting to look that way.

except after the first few weeks of the season, rangers arent just turning up and winning. In the last month, They've struggled to 1 goal victories against Dumbarton (we beat them 4-2), St Mirren and Queen Of the South (at home, while we beat them 3-0 away) as well as needing goals in the last 10 minutes against Falkirk to secure the win.

a 1-0 away win against any team is fantastic in my eyes. 3pts & a clean sheet away from home shouldnt be sniffed at.

And to be honest the only people reacting to our current form is Hibs fans. Due to rangers run, our form has gone completely under the radar by the media. Something I have no problem with.

PatHead
27-10-2015, 12:56 PM

We haven't fallen that far.

In season 1972-73 when Turnbull's Tornadoes were at their peak we only got 3 points out our last 7 games following the defeat to Hadjuk Split. This included draws with Ayr United and Motherwell away and Arbroath at home and a defeat to Falkirk away. Does that mean we were a bad team then or still the greatest team in my lifetime?

lyonhibs
27-10-2015, 01:00 PM
We haven't fallen that far.

In season 1972-73 when Turnbull's Tornadoes were at their peak we only got 3 points out our last 7 games following the defeat to Hadjuk Split. This included draws with Ayr United and Motherwell away and Arbroath at home and a defeat to Falkirk away. Does that mean we were a bad team then or still the greatest team in my lifetime?

What an odd comparison. What division were we in at the time, out of interest? Where did we finish in the league standings at the end of the season?

Bad Martini
27-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Like Rangers are doing? What...last minute goals and narrow wins?

Wins against the teams you mention occured. What more do you want?

Dont win, some fans put the boot in. Win, some fans boot the boot in. Draw, some fans put the boot in.

Ive come to the conclusion some fans are no fans at all but only happy when they have something to ****ing moan about...that said, I've also come to the conclusion there are a good deal of undercover (not so undercover) fannies from hearts and rangers on here typing utter PISH....

:rolleyes:

ENDOF

patlowe
27-10-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm extremely positive about our current form and you cannot argue with wins away to Raith and Falkirk. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss the reasons why in both matches we ended up hanging on for dear life for the three points. Our possession was very poor in the second half of both games and the ball was just not sticking upfront, issues that Stubbs seemed unable to address in either match.

On the other hand you have to give credit to the opposition for making it difficult for us, as St Mirren did to Rangers yesterday. I am also very encouraged by the way we stood up to real pressure, much of it aerial. That bodes very well for the future IMO. So - delighted with the team for getting the six points but we should always be looking to improve regardless.

Ringothedog
27-10-2015, 01:22 PM
This time last season "they" had 29pts, Sevco 25pts and we had 15pts. This season we have 25pts an improvement of 10 points, there is no need for panic and we WILL win the league this year!!

PatHead
27-10-2015, 01:26 PM
What an odd comparison. What division were we in at the time, out of interest? Where did we finish in the league standings at the end of the season?

He had gone back to compare our current team to the 1998 team hence the reason I went back to one of our greatest ever teams to demonstrate we have no divine right to beat these teams by upteen goals.

The point I am making is that all teams tend to hit bad spells. Even my greatest team. I just wish folk (supposed supporters) would stop moaning when we are doing well. It is almost as though they are looking for an excuse to have a go at the club. Nothing is good enough for some folk.

I am sure you know but we were in the old First Division, finished 3rd behind the Old Firm and Motherwell finished 8th some 14 points behind us, Falkirk and Arbroath finished 14th and 15th both 19 points behind us. We would have had every reason to suspect we should have beaten those teams easily but didn't.

KeithTheHibby
27-10-2015, 02:32 PM

We have won 9 out of the last 10 games so what are you on about?

givescotlandfreedom
27-10-2015, 03:28 PM
The Hibs way would be to play them off the park amd get nothing than to grind out the three points, no?

My_Wife_Camille
27-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Like Rangers are doing? What...last minute goals and narrow wins?

Wins against the teams you mention occured. What more do you want?

Dont win, some fans put the boot in. Win, some fans boot the boot in. Draw, some fans put the boot in.

Ive come to the conclusion some fans are no fans at all but only happy when they have something to ****ing moan about...that said, I've also come to the conclusion there are a good deal of undercover (not so undercover) fannies from hearts and rangers on here typing utter PISH....

:rolleyes:

ENDOF
I'm no sticking the boot in. As I said, I'm delighted with the results but FFS, let's put it in perspective! If we are really at the stage where away wins to teams like Raith and Falkirk are seen as 'great results' as opposed to just routine victories then its no wonder we get labelled the wee team!

And to answer your question about what more do I want? I want the form of the last few weeks to continue until the end of the season with no hiccups or excuses so we go up as Champions but I fear we already have too much to do.

NAE NOOKIE
27-10-2015, 03:51 PM
A run of 10 games unbeaten where we have won away at 3 of the toughest venues in the league and beaten the team who were at the time top of the premiership 2 - 0 and folk are still complaining.

The brutal truth is that we are not going to win every game this season and win, lose or draw this Sunday we are not going to win the league unless the teams who seem to delight in making life difficult for us start doing the same to Sevco. Take out the admittedly hugely disappointing result at Dumbarton and IMO we have made a great start to the league ..... we did enough at Ibrox to suggest the Huns can be got at and St Johnstone did the same.

To turn this into a competition teams need to be braver .... everybody goes on about the value of Wallace and Tavernier to Sevco. But their value is as attacking wingbacks, not defenders ..... Are they good defenders? .... St Johnstone split their defence apart time and again at Ibox and so did we with a team less confident than it is now. Lets focus on that instead of a bottom of the barrel negative that we aren't 3 - 0 up at half time in every game.

jacomo
27-10-2015, 04:04 PM
What we really need is for Falkirk, Raith and the rest to remember their strengths when they play the Rangers.

If they just roll over to have their tummies tickled by the Huns then we have no chance of 1st spot.

Pete
27-10-2015, 05:11 PM
What is this all about? :confused:

shetlandhibee
27-10-2015, 05:19 PM
:top marks:agree:

Bobby's Cinema
27-10-2015, 06:28 PM
A real strange OP, particularly in its timing. I would look at closing out tight games as a positive thing rather than bemoaning the fact they are close. It's a quality we've been lacking. The feel good factor is back, try to embrace it

Keith_M
27-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Like Hearts did and Rangers are doing? Or like we did in 1998? Yes, that is what I would expect of a team of Hibernians statue playing in Scotland's second tier......

1998-99, 11 games played, W6, D3, L2 - 21 Points

2015-16, 11 games played, W8, D1, L2 -25 Points

So, despite having Rangers in the same league this season, we are currently doing better than the season you want Hibs to aspire to.

p.s. Feel free to check for yourself (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season), if you don't believe me

My_Wife_Camille
27-10-2015, 07:31 PM
1998-99, 11 games played, W6, D3, L2 - 21 Points

2015-16, 11 games played, W8, D1, L2 -25 Points

So, despite having Rangers in the same league this season, we are currently doing better than the season you want Hibs to aspire to.

p.s. Feel free to check for yourself (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Hibernian_F.C._season), if you don't believe me
I know we started that season poorly but after the poor start we never missed a beat. That's what I want Hibs to aspire to.

That season we lost 3 games. We've lost 2 this season already. If we lose only 1 game between now and the end of the season I'll be delighted..

Keith_M
27-10-2015, 07:32 PM
I know we started that season poorly but after the poor start we never missed a beat. That's what I want Hibs to aspire to.

Then we're ahead of schedule, so all going according to plan so far.

My_Wife_Camille
27-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Then we're ahead of schedule, so all going according to plan so far.
I'm not sure I would say that being 8 points behind the league leaders at this stage of the season could be seen as being ahead of schedule but crack on :aok:

The thing you failed to mention is that despite having a lower points total, we were top of the league at that point. The difference this year is that we have Rangers to contend with. If they continue the way they are then there is absolutely no room for any dropped points. If we continue this season the way we did that season or how Rangers have this year then we will have a great chance of winning this league.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 08:08 PM
In this league 3 points is far more important than smashing teams 3 or 4 nil. Football has changed a lot and not many top flight teams would do that weekly down here believe me. Hearts didn't and The Rangers are starting to struggle but managing to get the points.

It's about getting out this league so folk either except it or end up disappointed because it's not going to be plain sailing. Only an idiot would think we will stroll games without breaking sweat!

Smartie
27-10-2015, 08:16 PM
I hope we continue to have arguments like this for years to come.

Much better arguing about whether or not we've won our last 3 tricky away games in enough style than bickering about whether it is the Vine/ Collins partnership up front or the Nelson/McGivern CH pairing that is the source of our woes.

Billy Whizz
27-10-2015, 08:19 PM

Much better arguing about whether or not we've won our last 3 tricky away games in enough style than bickering about whether it is the Vine/ Collins partnership up front or the Nelson/McGivern CH pairing that is the source of our woes.

That's depressing reading, no wonder we went down. Probably for another day/thread, who's ultimately to blame. Fenlon for bringing them in, Butcher for knocking the heart out of the club and the players

Aldo
27-10-2015, 08:22 PM

How many points did we get in the last week or so??? Mmmm 9!

They aim of the game is to score more than your opponents.... Plain and simple!

As others have mentioned we have no Devine right just to turn up and expect to beat anyone. Hard fought team performances. We were under pressure however we stood strong and won those games. Games we would of drawn or even lost last season.

I really cannot see why your not happy at 3 victories in a week, especially at the closest teams behind us.

Borderhibbie76
27-10-2015, 08:33 PM
I find it astonishing how some people think we should be winning by 4 or 5 every week....aside from maybe alloa and Dumbarton the teams In this division are more than decent and like The Cat stated earlier, many premiership teams would find it tough going down here (aside from top 3 or 4). I think Hibs and Stubbs have now adapted to this league very well and I've no doubt last season we would not have ground out those wins at Raith and Falkirk as we did last week. It's nobody s fault we r down here with Sevco and last season the yams too...but the stats show we r performing at a high level. I still believe we can win the league, but if we do finish 2nd I see no reason why this squad would have anything to fear.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DH1875
27-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Have rangers played Falkirk and raith away from home yet in the league?

Borderhibbie76
27-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Have rangers played Falkirk and raith away from home yet in the league?
Not yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
27-10-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm no sticking the boot in. As I said, I'm delighted with the results but FFS, let's put it in perspective! If we are really at the stage where away wins to teams like Raith and Falkirk are seen as 'great results' as opposed to just routine victories then its no wonder we get labelled the wee team!

And to answer your question about what more do I want? I want the form of the last few weeks to continue until the end of the season with no hiccups or excuses so we go up as Champions but I fear we already have too much to do.

All wins for Hibs are "great results" as far as I'm concerned. Each of these hard fought/lucky/not good enough/no big deal (delete as required) wins brings us one step closer to promotion. I find that "wee team" reference really odd though. Seriously?

lyonhibs
27-10-2015, 09:25 PM
All wins for Hibs are "great results" as far as I'm concerned. Each of these hard fought/lucky/not good enough/no big deal (delete as required) WINS brings us one step closer to promotion. I'm really not sure why you started this thread or what you are trying to say and to be honest, I find that "wee team" reference really stupid and a bit odd. We're winning. Great. What else is there to say?

He didn't start the thread....

matty_f
27-10-2015, 09:50 PM
FWIW, I don't really get the controversy of the OP. Hibs have, outside of The Rangers, the biggest budget in the league by a distance.
IMHO, we should be more than a goal better than Falkirk or Raith - that's not to say that I'm not delighted with the wins, I am. We are on a great run of form but you can't say that there isn't room for improvement within that run.
Against Dumbarton we go a goal up and then concede straight away. At 4-1 we concede a sloppy goal again.

At 0-2 v Raith we are playing some of our best football but end up hanging on by the skin of our teeth in the second half. We did hang on though, and the team deserves credit, does that mean we can't ask where that first half performance went after half time?

All of our players and all of our subs would go straight into Raith's team almost without exception, and I reckon Stubbs would have a budget that would probably cover Raith or Falkirk's twice over.

I don't think it's a wholly controversial or even unreasonable questionto ask as to why we make it difficult for ourselves. The idea that we should skelp a lot of the teams in this league is no more fanciful than suggesting that Celtc's financial advantage means they should skelp most of the teams in the top flight.

I think you can recognise that we are on a terrific run of results, and we are, whilst still suggesting that we could do better.

The Green Goblin
27-10-2015, 10:37 PM
He didn't start the thread....

Thanks for pointing that out and quite right. I edited my post. Cheers.

The Green Goblin
27-10-2015, 10:46 PM
FWIW, I don't really get the controversy of the OP. Hibs have, outside of The Rangers, the biggest budget in the league by a distance.
IMHO, we should be more than a goal better than Falkirk or Raith - that's not to say that I'm not delighted with the wins, I am. We are on a great run of form but you can't say that there isn't room for improvement within that run.
Against Dumbarton we go a goal up and then concede straight away. At 4-1 we concede a sloppy goal again.

At 0-2 v Raith we are playing some of our best football but end up hanging on by the skin of our teeth in the second half. We did hang on though, and the team deserves credit, does that mean we can't ask where that first half performance went after half time?

All of our players and all of our subs would go straight into Raith's team almost without exception, and I reckon Stubbs would have a budget that would probably cover Raith or Falkirk's twice over.

I don't think it's a wholly controversial or even unreasonable questionto ask as to why we make it difficult for ourselves. The idea that we should skelp a lot of the teams in this league is no more fanciful than suggesting that Celtc's financial advantage means they should skelp most of the teams in the top flight.

I think you can recognise that we are on a terrific run of results, and we are, whilst still suggesting that we could do better.

I would say say one difference between these days and past campaigns is that we are actually (and finally) getting the results though. I will take any kind of win- lucky, ugly, undeserved, all of it, if it gets us challenging for automatic promotion. For me, the actual results this year are all that matter. We want to get promoted and for that we need wins and nothing else. Giving away a sloppy goal to win 4-2 rather than 4-1 is irrelevant. Our 2nd half performance against Raith doesn't matter, because we won in the end. If it's 3 points, no matter how we got there, then it's job done.

CallumLaidlaw
27-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Difference in budgets helps but doesn't guarantee weekly walkovers. We should be looking for progress and surely we are seeing that. We are playing good football but when we're not, we're grinding out results. That's a step forward.
Look at Chelsea, one of the most expensive squads in Europe and now struggling against West Ham, Stoke, etc.

Kato
27-10-2015, 11:08 PM
More and more I think the phrase "Hibs should be" is used by fantasists.

Andy74
27-10-2015, 11:34 PM

Yeah but in those days it was scraping away wins like Partick in the league above we were complaining about.

matty_f
28-10-2015, 12:16 AM
Difference in budgets helps but doesn't guarantee weekly walkovers. We should be looking for progress and surely we are seeing that. We are playing good football but when we're not, we're grinding out results. That's a step forward.
Look at Chelsea, one of the most expensive squads in Europe and now struggling against West Ham, Stoke, etc.

You're right that budgets don't guarantee success, but if you take any league in any country you'll find that it's the ones that spend the most that are at the top more often than not.
So long as we're winning, I'm happy. If we win every game 1-0 clinging on for dear life, I'll take that no bother.

I still don't think it's unreasonable to want to see the benefit of the significantly bigger budget, the training centre, and all the rest of it being reflected in results against part time teams or teams working with significantly smaller resources.

Similarly, I think extra credit is due for turning Aberdeen over, because the result and performance exceeded expectations by some distance.

We are, IMHO, a Premiership side playing in the Championship (as are The Rangers). Our respective league positions reflect that and if it wasn't for Raith and Falkirk having excellent starts to the season we'd be way in front along with The Rangers, so I don't want to be negative about the team , they don't deserve that. I just think that the OP didn't say anything unreasonable enough to get the reaction they did.

worcesterhibby
28-10-2015, 12:32 AM
It's worth pointing out that the "Amazing Hearts team who romped the league last year .......actually had just 2 points than we do now at the same stage last year...and so far last season they had produced demolitions like ...

Stenhousmuir 1 Hearts 2
Dumbarton 0 hearts 0
Alloa 0 hearts 1

strangely enough their first two matches of November were ..

Hearts 1 Raith 0
Falkirk 1 hearts 2

funny I thought Hearts Romped the league winning by 4 and 5 goals every week..and we are struggling !! seems like we are producing very similar results...it;s just that rangers have won every match they've played...lets see what happens saturday

matty_f
28-10-2015, 12:48 AM
It's worth pointing out that the "Amazing Hearts team who romped the league last year .......actually had just 2 points than we do now at the same stage last year...and so far last season they had produced demolitions like ...

Stenhousmuir 1 Hearts 2
Dumbarton 0 hearts 0
Alloa 0 hearts 1

Hearts 1 Raith 0
Falkirk 1 hearts 2

funny I thought Hearts Romped the league winning by 4 and 5 goals every week..and we are struggling !! seems like we are producing very similar results...it;s just that rangers have won every match they've played...lets see what happens saturday

I don't think anyone is saying we're not doing well (other than Steve20). I'm hugely satisfied with the run we've been on since narrowly losing to The Rangers. In fact, I'm delighted with it. Do I think we can get better? Absolutely. Do I think we will get better? Definitely.
It would be lovely if that improvement manifested itself in a few pumpings being dished out.

J-C
28-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Stenhousmuir 1 Hearts 2
Dumbarton 0 hearts 0
Alloa 0 hearts 1

Hearts 1 Raith 0
Falkirk 1 hearts 2

Hearts won a lot of games by the skin of their teeth last year and a lot of their supporters will tell you they weren't great but had the knack of getting the wins. I am like everyone else happy to win games in any way we can, didn't happen last year and too many points dropped because we couldn't see games out. We seem to have a bit more steeliness about us this year, more competition for places might be the case. The OP wasn't having a go at Hibs, he does say he's happy, he was just wondering why when we seem to have a game exactly where we want it, we make it difficult for ourselves especially in the 2nd half of games, I've always wondered what AS says at half time because we had the same problems last season too, always seemed to come out all sluggish letting teams back into games.

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2015, 10:17 AM

Spot on mate. The outrage at the op is OTT.

We should be aspiring to making it comfortable for ourselves and although I'm happy we're winning why shouldn't we want to win by more and make it easy? It's hardly asking the world to demolish Dumbarton and that is it?

We need to send a message to the rest so they're scared to play us and not hopeful of scraping something.

Wellbankhibby
28-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Did I miss something or do you find it hard to understand my comments. I said I was delighted with the results, in my opinion if your Delighted your happy. Maybe you cant read.:confused:

Wellbankhibby
28-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Mmm... Posts a ***** post then disappears with no reply. 
I take exception to your remarks, I didnt disappear I was at work. My comments were not in anyway AGAINST the club and IMO were as Stevie said SPOT ON I asked a simple question that often bothers me.
One half we are coasting games and then for some reason we are under pressure when there is no need.
We Always make things hard for ourselves. WHY

The Green Goblin
28-10-2015, 05:28 PM
I take exception to your remarks, I didnt disappear I was at work. My comments were not in anyway AGAINST the club and IMO were as Stevie said SPOT ON I asked a simple question that often bothers me.
One half we are coasting games and then for some reason we are under pressure when there is no need.

The simple answer to your question (and I'm not being sarcastic here) is that in any game, there are two sides playing and the other side will have good moments too. That's it.

Wellbankhibby
28-10-2015, 05:55 PM
You're right that budgets don't guarantee success, but if you take any league in any country you'll find that it's the ones that spend the most that are at the top more often than not.
So long as we're winning, I'm happy. If we win every game 1-0 clinging on for dear life, I'll take that no bother.

I still don't think it's unreasonable to want to see the benefit of the significantly bigger budget, the training centre, and all the rest of it being reflected in results against part time teams or teams working with significantly smaller resources.

Similarly, I think extra credit is due for turning Aberdeen over, because the result and performance exceeded expectations by some distance.

We are, IMHO, a Premiership side playing in the Championship (as are The Rangers). Our respective league positions reflect that and if it wasn't for Raith and Falkirk having excellent starts to the season we'd be way in front along with The Rangers, so I don't want to be negative about the team , they don't deserve that. I just think that the OP didn't say anything unreasonable enough to get the reaction they did.

Thank you Matty someone who talks sense. I Stated clearly that I was delighted we won the games, My question was an open question WHY DO WE MAKE THINGS HARD FOR OURSELVES. Of course I would be happy if we won every game by the odd goal but unfortunately if you put yourselves in awkward positions you will make yourself vulnarable. I would love us to make things easy for ourselves instead of sweating on results. We have lacked confidence for a long time now and if we loose a goal in the past we have panicked. In saying that if we won 1-0 every week even struggling I would be a very happy man.

emerald green
28-10-2015, 06:42 PM

Have you ever considered that it might just conceivably be the opposition making it hard for Hibs?

That said, I have often said that Hibs do seem to start the second half of a number of games (not all of them) quite slowly, and end upon the back foot. Again, could that be down to opposition managers giving their players a rollocking at HT, and/or changing their team's tactics? I suspect that may have been the case against Raith Rovers on Saturday.

No team however is guaranteed to beat another based on the so-called "stature" of any given club. For example, Sheffield Wednesday 3 v Arsenal 0.

There's all sorts of reasons why "bigger" clubs don't always beat "smaller" clubs all day long.

Thecat23
28-10-2015, 07:00 PM

If like you say you were working then I apologise. I just don't get why folk always assume Hibs should and will brush the likes of Falkirk away. The Rangers aren't doing it neither did Hearts. Falkirk taking three points off them at Tynnie if I remember correctly?

Yes I'd love our team to win convincingly rather than a 1-0. But I'm not deluded enough or arrogant enough to think we will just turn up and destroy teams. A strong mentality is needed and that has been shown recently. So why not look at it where we lost or drew these games last season and are now winning them. As I said before not many teams in the top flight would take more than a goal or two off these teams.

Hibs are still seen as a big scalp and teams make it difficult for us. So that's my answer, I just feel Hibs fans can be very critical even when we win and it does my head in because it's as if we go looking for something to moan about (not saying this is you) time we stayed positive and if it's a 1-0 game that wins us the league I'll be delighted.

emerald green
28-10-2015, 07:07 PM

There's those two wee words again - "should be".

I had a wee look online at Raith Rovers v Hibs head to head, at Raith Rovers. I chose RR rather than Falkirk or QOS simply because that was the last of the 3 teams you mention in your post and was Hibs latest match, and I couldn't be bothered looking up all three. Here's the stats:

Matches played = 50
Raith wins = 19
Hibs wins = 21
Draws = 10
Goals RR = 69
Goals Hibs = 81

Wins historically in this particular fixture have not exactly been "routine".

Hibs record against Raith Rovers at ER is much better than the above, but that's to be expected with home advantage.

The Green Goblin
28-10-2015, 07:08 PM
In saying that if we won 1-0 every week even struggling I would be a very happy man.

Sorry, but can you make up your mind? We ARE winning every week, even when we seem to be struggling slightly at times. Isn't that "struggling" bit why you started this thread in the first place? But now you say you would be "a very happy man" if we "won...every week" (which we are) "even struggling". So which is it?

Wellbankhibby
28-10-2015, 08:09 PM
If like you say you were working then I apologise. I just don't get why folk always assume Hibs should and will brush the likes of Falkirk away. The Rangers aren't doing it neither did Hearts. Falkirk taking three points off them at Tynnie if I remember correctly?

Yes I'd love our team to win convincingly rather than a 1-0. But I'm not deluded enough or arrogant enough to think we will just turn up and destroy teams. A strong mentality is needed and that has been shown recently. So why not look at it where we lost or drew these games last season and are now winning them. As I said before not many teams in the top flight would take more than a goal or two off these teams.

Hibs are still seen as a big scalp and teams make it difficult for us. So that's my answer, I just feel Hibs fans can be very critical even when we win and it does my head in because it's as if we go looking for something to moan about (not saying this is you) time we stayed positive and if it's a 1-0 game that wins us the league I'll be delighted.

No need to apologise but I cant be online all the time. I accept what your saying and believe me Im well aware that we cant just turn up and hammer teams. Of course if we are well on top any Manager worth talking about will do everything to raise their teams performance and try to stop us playing , I also agree that other teams will try and stop us playing as we are a Big Scalp especially in this league. I am probably still of the mind that WE ARE THE BEST TEAM in this League anyway to me Hibs will ALWAYS be the BEST. :flag:

jdships
28-10-2015, 08:18 PM

Sorry but I don't think you really understand what Professional Sport is all about
People who pla soccer/rugby/cricket/golf etc are doing so to earn a living
Do you honestly believe that Falkirk and Raith Rovers take the line that " Hibs are better than us and a bigger team we will let them win "/
Tiese men are professionals with pride and ambition
Hibs players by the same reasoning must learn to up their game/adaptto suit the situation
We have no God given right to win any game
For what it's worth I am happy with AS teams this season !!
:flag:

Wellbankhibby
28-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Sorry but I don't think you really understand what Professional Sport is all about
People who pla soccer/rugby/cricket/golf etc are doing so to earn a living
Do you honestly believe that Falkirk and Raith Rovers take the line that " Hibs are better than us and a bigger team we will let them win "/
Tiese men are professionals with pride and ambition
Hibs players by the same reasoning must learn to up their game/adaptto suit the situation
We have no God given right to win any game
For what it's worth I am happy with AS teams this season !!
:flag:
Im sorry but I dont think you understand my question, I would agree with you that ANY team wont turn up and let us win. Thats not what I said, AGAIN I said WHY do WE make things Hard for ourselves. What you say is right the very least any team should do is to get stuck in and battle.
My reason for asking the question was that we are undoubtably the BEST footballing side in the league and therefore we should be comfortable in possesion of the ball. I am reasonably happy with our recent results but would prefer to be 8 points in front of Sevco.

The Green Goblin
28-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Im sorry but I dont think you understand my question, I would agree with you that ANY team wont turn up and let us win. Thats not what I said, AGAIN I said WHY do WE make things Hard for ourselves. What you say is right the very least any team should do is to get stuck in and battle.
My reason for asking the question was that we are undoubtably the BEST footballing side in the league and therefore we should be comfortable in possesion of the ball. I am reasonably happy with our recent results but would prefer to be 8 points in front of Sevco.

You are "reasonably happy" with the 9 wins and 1 draw in our last 10 games then? Very good...

Baldy Foghorn
28-10-2015, 11:06 PM
You are "reasonably happy" with the 9 wins and 1 draw in our last 10 games then? Very good...

And some of these wins were only by the odd goal remember, not good enough:rolleyes::aok:

Danderhall Hibs
28-10-2015, 11:15 PM
The guy's not saying he's not happy, he's saying wouldn't it be good if we weren't just winning by the odd goal and clinging on for the last few minutes.

I'm surprised at the reaction this has had.

J-C
29-10-2015, 12:04 AM
The guy's not saying he's not happy, he's saying wouldn't it be good if we weren't just winning by the odd goal and clinging on for the last few minutes.

Exactly, I said the same thing last season, what the hell does Stubbs say at half time because the number of games we came out after the break and looked sluggish and lacklustre was far too many, it may be he tells them to keep doing what they are doing forgetting the other team may up their own game and it catches us out, thankfully we seem to have more resolve this season and are winning the games we were dropping points at.

Wellbankhibby
29-10-2015, 09:17 AM

You are one of these Guys who try to wind people up, in answer to your stupid remarks of course I would be happy if we won every game, that would be promotion and League titles and the elusive Scottish cup but in the real world it aint going to happen. Like many others on this site I dont think you have read my question. ITS VERY SIMPLE WHY DO WE MAKE THINGS HARD FOR OURSELVES. Im always happy when we win but thats not what I asked as for your quote 9 wins and a draw in last 10 games thats great but we still find ourselves playing catch up because of silly dropped points. My question was simply down to struggling against Falkirk and Raith when I personally think we should win these games without being under pressure for long spells of the Game.

The Green Goblin
29-10-2015, 11:13 AM
You are one of these Guys who try to wind people up, in answer to your stupid remarks of course I would be happy if we won every game, that would be promotion and League titles and the elusive Scottish cup but in the real world it aint going to happen. Like many others on this site I dont think you have read my question. ITS VERY SIMPLE WHY DO WE MAKE THINGS HARD FOR OURSELVES. Im always happy when we win but thats not what I asked as for your quote 9 wins and a draw in last 10 games thats great but we still find ourselves playing catch up because of silly dropped points. My question was simply down to struggling against Falkirk and Raith when I personally think we should win these games without being under pressure for long spells of the Game.

I am not "one of these guys who wind people up" - you suggested that I did not read your question, but I offered a genuine answer to your question earlier on in the thread. Have a look. As for your "stupid remarks" accusation (no need for that imo) I just pointed out that on a thread you started about winning more comfortably, you wrote "if we won 1-0 every week even struggling I would be a very happy man".

Wellbankhibby
29-10-2015, 12:52 PM
I am not "one of these guys who wind people up" - you suggested that I did not read your question, but I offered a genuine answer to your question earlier on in the thread. Have a look. As for your "stupid remarks" accusation (no need for that imo) I just pointed out that on a thread you started about winning more comfortably, you wrote "if we won 1-0 every week even struggling I would be a very happy man".

I have gone back to your comments and read them again, in one of your quotes you state we are winning every week obviously not true or we would have maximum points. Your other comment is factual in that we did beat Falkirk and Raith but you state that it does not matter if we win by one goal again this is an accurate statement but is reflected in my thread starter Why do we make things hard for ourselves. The thing Im trying to get over is NOT against the Team or to wind up other Supporters it is simply to try to find out why we struggle at times. Against Raith we controlled the whole first half and were coasting, we come out in the second half and are under pressure. Yes the opposition Manager would probably rally their team but why are we struggling. As for two teams on the park if others can raise their game and dictate the play why cant we. Its not a trick question. Hibs have been like this for Years, I personally think we are very fragile and in the past we have lost silly games before we even kick off. My feeling is we have been a soft touch for a number of years and I think its a psycological issue. I have to say again I have been happy that we are on a good run and grinding out results but it still leaves my unanswered question. We have good players, a great training park, a great stadium, great support We shouldnt be struggling to get results against Falkirk or Raith.

KeithTheHibby
29-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Did I miss something or do you find it hard to understand my comments. I said I was delighted with the results, in my opinion if your Delighted your happy. Maybe you cant read.:confused:

You said you were delighted, correct.

You also said we should be beating these teams all day long? Why is that? Why do we have a devine right to be thumping teams who have roughly the same amount of points as us?

I can read perfectly well mate however I stand by my original point.

KeithTheHibby
29-10-2015, 02:15 PM

I will tell you why - we have won 9 of our last 10 games yet he feels the need to start a negative thread. As far as I am concerned Hibs as a team are giving us supporters nothing to be negative about. Why is that? Current form.

Thecat23
29-10-2015, 02:22 PM
I have gone back to your comments and read them again, in one of your quotes you state we are winning every week obviously not true or we would have maximum points. Your other comment is factual in that we did beat Falkirk and Raith but you state that it does not matter if we win by one goal again this is an accurate statement but is reflected in my thread starter Why do we make things hard for ourselves. The thing Im trying to get over is NOT against the Team or to wind up other Supporters it is simply to try to find out why we struggle at times. Against Raith we controlled the whole first half and were coasting, we come out in the second half and are under pressure. Yes the opposition Manager would probably rally their team but why are we struggling. As for two teams on the park if others can raise their game and dictate the play why cant we. Its not a trick question. Hibs have been like this for Years, I personally think we are very fragile and in the past we have lost silly games before we even kick off. My feeling is we have been a soft touch for a number of years and I think its a psycological issue. I have to say again I have been happy that we are on a good run and grinding out results but it still leaves my unanswered question. We have good players, a great training park, a great stadium, great support We shouldnt be struggling to get results against Falkirk or Raith.

I have to agree that in the past we have been a soft touch. I've also found the fans aren't very confident either and that spreads to the team! I think spreading negativity or starting a threat which highlights we struggle prob isn't the best way to move forward if that makes sense?

I'd rather say, we have done great to beat these teams as we dropped points last time here. Which shows improvement and we can then build on that. After reading your posts I don't think you mean to be negative but it's not the best worded I don't think.

Wellbankhibby
29-10-2015, 02:51 PM
You said you were delighted, correct.

You also said we should be beating these teams all day long? Why is that? Why do we have a devine right to be thumping teams who have roughly the same amount of points as us?

I can read perfectly well mate however I stand by my original point.

We are a Much bigger club than any of these teams, second we have far more resources than these teams, third if we cant beat them without struggling we will never manage in the SPL.
Your entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to mine. Finally Im not your Mate. You havnt answered my question why we make things hard for ourselves. Mind you you might not understand the question. End of.

Wellbankhibby
29-10-2015, 02:53 PM
I will tell you why - we have won 9 of our last 10 games yet he feels the need to start a negative thread. As far as I am concerned Hibs as a team are giving us supporters nothing to be negative about. Why is that? Current form.

Again you have totally misunderstood the question. There is absolutly NOTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS THREAD>

Wellbankhibby
29-10-2015, 02:55 PM
I have to agree that in the past we have been a soft touch. I've also found the fans aren't very confident either and that spreads to the team! I think spreading negativity or starting a threat which highlights we struggle prob isn't the best way to move forward if that makes sense?

I'd rather say, we have done great to beat these teams as we dropped points last time here. Which shows improvement and we can then build on that. After reading your posts I don't think you mean to be negative but it's not the best worded I don't think.

I accept your point but in no way is this meant to be a negative thread. I think its important to try to find out why we have these problems. Maybe better to finish this thread as some dont seem to understand what Im trying to say.

J-C
29-10-2015, 03:15 PM

He didn't start a negative thread, he was happy with the wins but questioned why we make it hard for ourselves when seemingly cruising in a couple of them, we drop our performances in the second half and allow teams to come back into the game, I do wish people would read posts properly before going off on one. I posted this several times last year that we seem to come out sluggish after the half time break and let teams back in, thankfully this year we seem to have a bit more steeliness to our pay to see these games out.

Kato
29-10-2015, 03:28 PM
If anyone can point me a period in Hibs history when we didn't make it hard for ourselves thus justifying the phrase "Hibs should be" ill be surprised.

Danderhall Hibs
29-10-2015, 05:08 PM
He didn't start a negative thread, he was happy with the wins but questioned why we make it hard for ourselves when seemingly cruising in a couple of them, we drop our performances in the second half and allow teams to come back into the game, I do wish people would read posts properly before going off on one. I posted this several times last year that we seem to come out sluggish after the half time break and let teams back in, thankfully this year we seem to have a bit more steeliness to our pay to see these games out.

:agree: I didn't pick it up as being negative either.

Some folk (in fact a lot of folk) go straight on the defensive rather than taking a step back.

If and when we drop points in the games referenced they'll be all over it - might be better looking at it now and preventing it happening though?

Thecat23
29-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I accept your point but in no way is this meant to be a negative thread. I think its important to try to find out why we have these problems. Maybe better to finish this thread as some dont seem to understand what Im trying to say.

Think past results play on the mind of players and fans so soon as they score we end up nervous and cling on. It is frustrating I think we will all agree on that. But I will take the wins for now and hope we continue to improve and maybe best these teams more convincingly. 👍🏼

fulshie
29-10-2015, 05:45 PM
People are entitled to their opinion and the guy feels we should be winning more comfortably then that's fair enough. My personal thoughts on this are, at least we're winning this year when not playing at our best. Last year we dropped so many points by being put under pressure then conceding but not now. That has to be a good thing. I think we're ready for Rangers and honestly, I feel we'll win if we play at our best or even just below that because, I think we're better than them. That isn't a blinded opinion, its an honest opinion. We dropped 3pts against Dumbarton but I put that down to the disruption with the SA fiasco, we dropped 3pts against the huns but I believe we were extremely unlucky not to take something. and draw against St Mirren in which the ugly last season not putting teams away came back. Other than this we have been strong and decent and have a good mixture of different line ups we can chose from. I think we look ok to be honest. GGTTH :flag:

PatHead
29-10-2015, 05:52 PM

Must admit I interpreted it as a negative thread due to the unsmiley face and the "moan?" about the beating these teams all day. You have however said it wasn't meant to be so we should all move on.

It certainly wasn't a positive thread.

Agree about the 3 points on Sunday though. :greengrin.

:gwa: