PDA

View Full Version : Mixu Blasts Utd Players!

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Big Mixu has done a Butcher and told everyone including the press the players he has are *****. He says "What's the ****ing point in training when players simply don't do the basics."

Had to laugh myself, I really hope they continue this bad run until after our game then I wish him well. But after this Utd may well do a Hibs and down tools for publicly slating the team. Interesting times ahead for the Arabs.

James70
25-10-2015, 10:13 PM
According to the team sheets displayed on Sportscene at the start of the game, Jackie McNamara is still United manager! :confused::rolleyes:

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 10:27 PM
According to the team sheets displayed on Sportscene at the start of the game, Jackie McNamara is still United manager! :confused::rolleyes:

Bet his garden is as good as Butchers and Fat Sally's 😁

poolman
25-10-2015, 10:32 PM

More shoddy journalism

Read the Sun on Sunday report in the pub today and Roger Baillie ( the reporter ) said something like " a great tackle from Hibs left back ERIC STEVENSON saved the day

Well good luck to Eric, I mind watching him when I was about 10 😁 glad he's still playing ☺ great winger tho

S4uzee
25-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Would've liked to have played them this week as originally planned

c31
25-10-2015, 10:40 PM
More shoddy journalism

Read the Sun on Sunday report in the pub today and Roger Baillie ( the reporter ) said something like " a great tackle from Hibs left back ERIC STEVENSON saved the day

Well good luck to Eric, I mind watching him when I was about 10 😁 glad he's still playing ☺ great winger tho

The Rebel as he was affectionately called, a mate named his dog after him.

GreenCastle
25-10-2015, 10:56 PM
We may end up playing them a few times this season...maybe 3 ?

Cup game and possibly the playoffs!

I do like Mixu though :greengrin

hibbysam
26-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Big Mixu has done a Butcher and told everyone including the press the players he has are *****. He says "What's the ****ing point in training when players simply don't do the basics."

Had to laugh myself, I really hope they continue this bad run until after our game then I wish him well. But after this Utd may well do a Hibs and down tools for publicly slating the team. Interesting times ahead for the Arabs.

Main difference being is butcher done it later in the season when the window was shut and that was what he was left with and had to play with, mixu knows come January if they can pick up a couple of wins and a few points he can ring the changes!

NAE NOOKIE
26-10-2015, 06:09 AM
Going by the 5 minutes of highlights on Sportscene no wonder he was doing his nut, Utd looked like a shambles of a team, they were lucky it was only 5 ... From what I saw I'm guessing the League cup game is the least of Mixu's worries.

PeterboroHibee
26-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Main difference being is butcher done it later in the season when the window was shut and that was what he was left with and had to play with, mixu knows come January if they can pick up a couple of wins and a few points he can ring the changes!

Whilst true, theres also a long way to go until the window opens, and they have a tough January - Dundee & Celtic, then against two likely relegation rivals in Killie and Partick. If the players do down tools, they could be even further adrift by then which is a huge ask to recover from.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where Mixu is coming from, and he will have the backing of the fans, but its ultimately how the players will react. He cant replace a whole squad in January and there often isnt much in the way of quality available anyway. Hes also only a couple of weeks into the job and so its probably a gamble as Id guess how the squad will respond from now.

bingo70
26-10-2015, 06:44 AM
Whilst true, theres also a long way to go until the window opens, and they have a tough January - Dundee & Celtic, then against two likely relegation rivals in Killie and Partick. If the players do down tools, they could be even further adrift by then which is a huge ask to recover from.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where Mixu is coming from, and he will have the backing of the fans, but its ultimately how the players will react. He cant replace a whole squad in January and there often isnt much in the way of quality available anyway. Hes also only a couple of weeks into the job and so its probably a gamble as Id guess how the squad will respond from now.

I agree.

Imo this isn't great management, I don't think he meant to swear but the fact he couldn't stop himself shows a lack of control. I'm not suggesting the players are so precious they'll down tools but sub consciously there's probably one or two asking who is this idiot?! He's having a go at them for not doing what they were meant to on the pitch for 90 minutes, he's had a 2 minute interview and made a bit of an arse of it.

Was Jackie McNamara reported to be popular with the players? If he was and mixu has gone in steaming into the players I think he could lose the dressing room pretty quickly.

JimBHibees
26-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Seems an odd approach for a new manager just in the door. Can't be bad for our chances in the league cup. Wish now we were playing them this week.

Billy Whizz
26-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I agree.

Imo this isn't great management, I don't think he meant to swear but the fact he couldn't stop himself shows a lack of control. I'm not suggesting the players are so precious they'll down tools but sub consciously there's probably one or two asking who is this idiot?! He's having a go at them for not doing what they were meant to on the pitch for 90 minutes, he's had a 2 minute interview and made a bit of an arse of it.

Was Jackie McNamara reported to be popular with the players? If he was and mixu has gone in steaming into the players I think he could lose the dressing room pretty quickly.

Any player worth their salt will agree with the manager in this case. Their form has been terrible, and seemingly they capitulated yesterday, and had less than 30% possession

bingo70
26-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Any player worth their salt will agree with the manager in this case. Their form has been terrible, and seemingly they capitulated yesterday, and had less than 30% possession

You can still agree with someone and think they're an erse, issues rarely are about what's being said, more the way they're said imo.

Smartie
26-10-2015, 09:15 AM
I think he's right to say it.

Why should he tolerate it? Why should he send a signal to the players that it is in any way acceptable?

He's the new guy, he picks the team. If they pick up their ideas then they stay, if not then they go.

He didn't mention any names, he didn't single anyone out.

These players let his predecessor down and got him the sack.

If the players do what the manager asks of them then I'm sure he'll come out after the game and be complimentary about them.

The fans there turned on Jackie and that helped seal his fate. The fans will - I am sure - be 100% in agreement with Mixu here. If he keeps the fans onside then he'll buy himself some time to get in some players that will work with and for him.

He's taken on a tough, tough gig this time though, no question about that.

southsider
26-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Would've liked to have played them this week as originally planned

Why was it changed ?

FranckSuzy
26-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Why was it changed ?

Utd played Celtc yesterday so a Wed fixture would be out plus Hertz play Celtc at home on Wed too. We're then playing on Sun so maybe a Thurs game would be no good either :aok:

Kojock
26-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Utd played Celtc yesterday so a Wed fixture would be out plus Hertz play Celtc at home on Wed too. We're then playing on Sat so a Thurs game would be no good either :aok:

We don't play till Sunday.:agree:

ekhibee
26-10-2015, 09:48 AM
I think he's right to say it.

Why should he tolerate it? Why should he send a signal to the players that it is in any way acceptable?

He's the new guy, he picks the team. If they pick up their ideas then they stay, if not then they go.

He didn't mention any names, he didn't single anyone out.

These players let his predecessor down and got him the sack.

If the players do what the manager asks of them then I'm sure he'll come out after the game and be complimentary about them.

The fans there turned on Jackie and that helped seal his fate. The fans will - I am sure - be 100% in agreement with Mixu here. If he keeps the fans onside then he'll buy himself some time to get in some players that will work with and for him.

He's taken on a tough, tough gig this time though, no question about that.
I certainly couldn't argue with any of that Smartie, IMO he's right not to tolerate it, but the owner has to take some kind of responsibility as well in this case. They've basically sold too many of their good players, and that's cost the last manager his job and put them in deep doodoo at the bottom of the premiership. Part of Mixu's frustration, even at this early stage might stem from having to wait till January before he can make any major changes, and even then there's no guarantee that Thompson will stump up the cash for it.

J-C
26-10-2015, 09:55 AM
I certainly couldn't argue with any of that Smartie, IMO he's right not to tolerate it, but the owner has to take some kind of responsibility as well in this case. They've basically sold too many of their good players, and that's cost the last manager his job and put them in deep doodoo at the bottom of the premiership. Part of Mixu's frustration, even at this early stage might stem from having to wait till January before he can make any major changes, and even then there's no guarantee that Thompson will stump up the cash for it.

Totally agree but you also have to remember McNamara was getting a slice of any tranfer too, so he also takes a lot of the blame.

The same happened to our club, sold the best 4 players we had, never invested and went through 6 years of a manager every 18 months, only now the reins have been taken away from Petrie have we seen our club investing again in players and manager, just look south at Aston Villa to see the same thing happening there.

FranckSuzy
26-10-2015, 10:11 AM
We don't play till Sunday.:agree:

Oh aye :greengrin :aok:

ekhibee
26-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Totally agree but you also have to remember McNamara was getting a slice of any tranfer too, so he also takes a lot of the blame.

The same happened to our club, sold the best 4 players we had, never invested and went through 6 years of a manager every 18 months, only now the reins have been taken away from Petrie have we seen our club investing again in players and manager, just look south at Aston Villa to see the same thing happening there.
Yep, and of course your right re. McNamara. It might be that they end up having to do something along our lines and getting the fans involved (unless they're already doing that), something along the lines of (partial?) fan ownership, but that would take a while to arrange, and they could well be relegated by that time. The comparison with Villa is quite right too.

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Seems an odd approach for a new manager just in the door. Can't be bad for our chances in the league cup. Wish now we were playing them this week.

According to the News we're not playing them at all-not listed in our next three games-more shoddy journalism.

greenlex
26-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I think he blasted the performance rather than the players. I doubt he's getting torn in about their ability collectively or individually. Next week will be a tough game. Let's not kid ourselves.

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 06:02 PM
I think he blasted the performance rather than the players. I doubt he's getting torn in about their ability collectively or individually. Next week will be a tough game. Let's not kid ourselves.

No, he said they're not listening to what they've been told and if they can't do that they're out.

seanshow
26-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Is there an audio version of this interview? I'd like to hear Mixu losing it.

Alex Trager
26-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Anyone got a clip of it?

Alex Trager
26-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Is there an audio version of this interview? I'd like to hear Mixu losing it.

Haha me tay

FranckSuzy
26-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Can only find it on Facebook :aok:

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/570309883133082/

Billychaotic182
26-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Lol

Excuse my language

greenlex
26-10-2015, 07:21 PM
No, he said they're not listening to what they've been told and if they can't do that they're out.

Which is different to being told your crap and useless.

FitbaFolkKen
26-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Just imagine what the dressing room was like after that! When he was talking he said something about the performance being unbelievable and he looked genuinely taken aback by how poor it was. I bet it is a bigger job than he expected as McNamara said after almost every game how someone was going to get a beating soon when they start taking their chances.

portycabbage
27-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Big Mixu has done a Butcher and told everyone including the press the players he has are *****.

Wonder if MM was as "surprised" when TB slated his players?-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34644344

James70
27-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Could not believe that headline after how he allegedly treated our young players.

Thecat23
27-10-2015, 06:52 AM

Wow... What a two faced ********!

He bullied players at ER and left them with no confidence and he's coming out with that! I honestly hope he never gets another job in football again. Roaster of the highest order.

The_Horde
27-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Wow... What a two faced ********!

He bullied players at ER and left them with no confidence and he's coming out with that! I honestly hope he never gets another job in football again. Roaster of the highest order.

I hate that man and his pal Terry. But they've mastered the art of papering over the cracks in their ability by sounding Important and like they know what they're doing.

Con men of the highest order.

Pretty Boy
27-10-2015, 09:23 AM

What a ****ing clown. Did he not criticise Mark Wotte for allegedly being a bully as well? Obviously Maurice doesn't do irony.

I can't stand Butcher but I hold a special loathing for Malpas, up there with Calderwood and struggling Brown in the list of people who should never have been employed by Hibs.

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 09:28 AM
What a ****ing clown. Did he not criticise Mark Wotte for allegedly being a bully as well? Obviously Maurice doesn't do irony.

I can't stand Butcher but I hold a special loathing for Malpas, up there with Calderwood and struggling Brown in the list of people who should never have been employed by Hibs.

I think people when criticising others are actually describing themselves when they do it, this being a perfect case in point.

Is he working at Raith at the moment?

PatHead
27-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I think people when criticising others are actually describing themselves when they do it, this being a perfect case in point.

Nope, was emptied when the new manager came in.

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 09:54 AM

Nope, was emptied when the new manager came in.

Ok cheers given McKinnon would have been at United at the same time as backpass maybe a bit of previous there. :greengrin