PDA

View Full Version : Oxley Goalkicks

twiceinathens
25-10-2015, 05:06 PM
There has been some discussion about the length of extra time played yesterday. Part of it I believe was due to his unsubtle time wasting at goal kicks. He has been booked for it before and the ref warned him about it yesterday. Of course it can be a useful strategy to use up time, but it can be done much less blatantly.

Franksaysno
25-10-2015, 05:15 PM
It was ridiculous yesterday. It wasn't his fault that the ballboy (or girl) took so long to retireve the ball. He's usually at it but not on this occassion.

twiceinathens
25-10-2015, 05:22 PM
It was ridiculous yesterday. It wasn't his fault that the ballboy (or girl) took so long to retireve the ball. He's usually at it but not on this occassion.

Yes but ha does not excuse his subsequent too obvious time wasting

Andy74
25-10-2015, 05:23 PM
There has been some discussion about the length of extra time played yesterday. Part of it I believe was due to his unsubtle time wasting at goal kicks. He has been booked for it before and the ref warned him about it yesterday. Of course it can be a useful strategy to use up time, but it can be done much less blatantly.

Don't care if it helps us win games. If the ref doesn't like it he can book him.

Famous Fiver
25-10-2015, 05:30 PM
He is obviously learning from the antics he has to watch regularly from the other end every other Saturday, when absolutely nothing is done about it by one referee after another.

Northernhibee
25-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Yes but ha does not excuse his subsequent too obvious time wasting

Running time down and winning games excuses it.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 05:34 PM
He is obviously learning from the antics he has to watch regularly from the other end every other Saturday, when absolutely nothing is done about it by one referee after another.

He has done it regularly since he joined us he's already a master at it :-)

Shrekko
25-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Don't care if it helps us win games. If the ref doesn't like it he can book him.
You enjoy watching blatant time wasting?

It back-fired on us the time Ozturk scored his late equaliser. We had no time to try and get a winner.

All it does is get away fans fired up when we should just be quietly seeing out games. A very negative action that makes it look like you're worried of losing something.

twiceinathens
25-10-2015, 06:36 PM

Including next week?

Carheenlea
25-10-2015, 07:29 PM

The delay with the Raith player requiring a stretcher took up quite a bit of time. I honestly didn't really notice any time wasting as such by Oxley.

easty
25-10-2015, 07:35 PM
In other, non Hibs related, goalkeeper news - AC Milan played a 16 year old keeper today. They won 2-1.

You don't hear of that happening very often, never mind at a team as big as AC Milan.

Iggy Pope
25-10-2015, 07:40 PM
The big fellah wasn't wasting any time yesterday. Starks is a place that's always going to take ages to get a ball back in play as its a dump, albeit a traditional one.
The injury time was for just that. An injury. A stretcher case.

Centre Hawf
25-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Yep, we've officially scraped the barrel of things to moan at Oxley for :rolleyes:.

Joe's ice cream
25-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Yep, we've officially scraped the barrel of things to moan at Oxley for :rolleyes:.

This 100%

GreenCastle
25-10-2015, 09:21 PM

I like it when we are winning - winds the opposition up and usually takes the sting out the game.

Also be thankful he is actually a decent kicker of the ball - I have seen some horrendous Hibs keepers over the years struggle with goal kicks and keeping in general. Oxley is decent with his feet :agree:

HoboHarry
25-10-2015, 09:38 PM
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread and yet other people were making it a genuine debate.

scoopyboy
25-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Care to elaborate

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2015, 09:47 PM
The delay with the Raith player requiring a stretcher took up quite a bit of time. I honestly didn't really notice any time wasting as such by Oxley.

Indeed

PatHead
25-10-2015, 09:48 PM
He had a good assist for Jason's goal.

Stokesy's on fire
26-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Oxley's goal kicks have on some occasions been assists! so keep doing it Mark Oxley!

twiceinathens
26-10-2015, 07:28 AM
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread and yet other people were making it a genuine debate.

Can I make t clear that I did not attempt to "blame" Oxley. Nor was I on a moral crusade of any kind. All I wanted to suggest was that he could be a bit more subtle in how he uses up time. Obvious time wasting can backfire.

Forza Fred
26-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Can I make t clear that I did not attempt to "blame" Oxley. Nor was I on a moral crusade of any kind. All I wanted to suggest was that he could be a bit more subtle in how he uses up time. Obvious time wasting can backfire.

Deliberate time wasting is one of the things along with diving, that is a blight on the game.

I would like to see refs take a hard attitude with it, and that includes if we indulge in it too.

Golden Bear
26-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Perfection is a must attribute for every Hibs goalkeeper it seems! Not long ago it was a case that he apparently NEVER makes a save and now he'll need to bring a stopwatch with him.

Centre Hawf
26-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Perfection is a must attribute for every Hibs goalkeeper it seems! Not long ago it was a case that he apparently NEVER makes a save and now he'll need to bring a stopwatch with him.

I find it strange that instead of a thread praising him for his improved distribution in the last few weeks, which includes an excellent assists for Cummings, we have to pick a part something that quite frankly is a common tactic in the game when leading by a single goal.

Golden Bear
26-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I find it strange that instead of a thread praising him for his improved distribution in the last few weeks, which includes an excellent assists for Cummings, we have to pick a part something that quite frankly is a common tactic in the game when leading by a single goal.
:agree:

Alex Trager
26-10-2015, 04:11 PM
You enjoy watching blatant time wasting?

It back-fired on us the time Ozturk scored his late equaliser. We had no time to try and get a winner.

All it does is get away fans fired up when we should just be quietly seeing out games. A very negative action that makes it look like you're worried of losing something.

He can be blamed for not saving that shot from forty plus yards.

But he cannot be blamed for the timing of the goal.

Leithenhibby
27-10-2015, 12:19 AM

You could always turn this post into a positive, by giving some praise for the way he assisted our second goal :wink: