PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play Anne Budge

Carheenlea
25-10-2015, 04:20 PM
“I think I saw it as important to speak out. Others talk about it privately but then say nothing publicly. I couldn’t do that. I had said that was what the club was going to stand for so I couldn’t just brush it under the carpet."
Hearts owner Ann Budge on tackling bigotry in the game:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/interview-hearts-owner-ann-budge-on-tackling-bigotry-1-3927093

Keith_M
25-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Where's her condemnation of the Bigots in her own Club's support?

She's quick enough to attack Celtc Fans for their bigotted views and behaviour so maybe it's about time she looked closer to home.

3pm
25-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Her view on yesterday's post match rammy by blazing squad at the PBS should be interesting.

3pm
25-10-2015, 04:43 PM
And I'll be praising them for nowt.

B.H.F.C
25-10-2015, 04:45 PM
There is enough of a media love in about anything she says without us adding to it. No praise for anything that comes out of that club from me.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2015, 04:47 PM
She criticised the bigotry of another team's supporters. Wowsers
Another embarrassing free advert from the piss poor Evening News.

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2015, 04:51 PM
oh looky, it's the hertz press office(the evening jambo) doing an article on, ermm...hertz

Kato
25-10-2015, 04:52 PM
As someone who can talk the talk but also walk the walk,

I've yet to hear talk the talk re - her own fans. "Billy Boys" still sung on a regular basis at their pit of a ground.

swapping loan company Wonga for Save the Children as shirt sponsor

More lies from the EEN, Save The Children don't sponsor Hearts, they've been paid to allow Hearts to put their logo on their strips.

Mikey09
25-10-2015, 04:53 PM
She criticised the bigotry of another team's supporters. Wowsers
Another embarrassing free advert from the piss poor Evening News.

You can close the thread as this post is bang on...

Hibrandenburg
25-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Hearts will never rid celtic of their bigots, celtic will have to do that on their own. If she really meant what she says then she'd have started at home, funny there's no mention of that though.

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2015, 05:07 PM
the EEN should really show their true colours....bring back the pink, only this time make it the mon-fri editions

jdships
25-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Touch of hypocrisy here I'm afraid
Remember " Gorgie Loyals " are still around
She is and always has been one to push agendas for her own gain !!
Don't trust her at all

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Get her own house in order first, before giving it the "we are great" speech.

ekhibee
25-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I actually quite like listening to Anne Budge, IMO she does speak a lot of sense, a bloody sight more than her predesessor anyway. But a few folk on here are quite right, Hearts should deal with their own trash before they start banging on about others.

Kojock
25-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Get her own house in order first, before giving it the "we are great" speech.

Exactly Budgie clean the **** out your own nest first before trying to clean the others.

Pete
25-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Can't find fault with any of that. I certainly don't think she is ignoring the morons at Hearts either.

hibs0666
25-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Touch of hypocrisy here I'm afraid
Remember " Gorgie Loyals " are still around
She is and always has been one to push agendas for her own gain !!
Don't trust her at all

Is that the same or different to the heart of Midlothian flute band that pollutes Gorgie and dalry every so often?

marinello59
25-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Can't find fault with any of that. I certainly don't think she is ignoring the morons at Hearts either.

She isn't. She has spoken out against the bogota in her own support on the past. In fact this is a quote from the article that everybody here has apparently read.

'"And why she has taken a firm stance on the potentially explosive issues of sectarianism and social misconduct, condemning unsavoury sections of the Celtic support as well as an element of her own club’s."

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2015, 06:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with someone ( anyone ) in the game with the intent of trying to swim against the 'its aye been, what do you expect us to do about it?' tide that has pervaded Scottish football for far too long. But if you are going to be the one to do it you have to prove that you can clean up your tip first..... over to you Budgie.

green day
25-10-2015, 06:03 PM

If this story had come out of Easter Road the day after some of our fans had stoned a bus, you can be sure the incident would be front and centre.

EEN and Hearts - made for each other.

As for Budge, until she removes the bigots from her own ground, she should STFU.

Aldo
25-10-2015, 06:04 PM
She only has to have a wee listen to her own against Smellic and i wonder if she'll have selective hearing that night.

Sergey
25-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Lest we forget...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuLLfTaZEo

Waxy
25-10-2015, 06:17 PM
What next.They'll get sponsored by save the children or the likes.Reckon they feel guilty about something.

Betty Boop
25-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Lest we forget...

Check out the Red Hand and Union Jack stuck on the gym hall wall. :rolleyes:

Famous Fiver
25-10-2015, 06:28 PM
......and remember this is the woman who owns Hearts lock stock and barrel, got it for a pittance, is charging the believers an arm and a leg for her support, and has not tried to pay a penny back to all the businesses (and charities) stiffed by that disgrace of a club.

I await her condemnation of the supporters who dragged them even further into the mud yesterday.

I'll not hold my breath.

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Lest we forget...

I've got their album ....... 'Dark side o' the toon' :greengrin

Carheenlea
25-10-2015, 06:41 PM

That was how I read it, but going by the posts on here most disagree.
I'm not in the habit of handing out praise to anything to do with Hearts, but in this instance I felt it was a refreshing change to some of the nonsense spouted by her predecessors. I'm 45 so don't recall anything other than obnoxious individuals as Hearts chairmen.

Mikey09
25-10-2015, 06:55 PM
She isn't. She has spoken out against the bogota in her own support on the past. In fact this is a quote from the article that everybody here has apparently read.

'"And why she has taken a firm stance on the potentially explosive issues of sectarianism and social misconduct, condemning unsavoury sections of the Celtic support as well as an element of her own club’s."

I did read it thanks. It's easy to "Condemn" your own support... Doing something about there vile, bigoted behavior is another thing completely. She slaughtered the Celtic support and gave a wee "our fans are no angels" quote. What has she done about them?! I'll tell you.. Hee haw. Yet she batters on about other clubs and how they should follow her example of how to run a football club?! Here's an idea Ann... Start at the top of that creditors list, you know the one where your wonderful example of a club shafted ordinary working people and businesses for millions, and start paying them back one by one. Then get yer bigoted support into order. At that point I will listen to your advice on what's best for scottish football. Until then I'll pass on your advice.

Jack Hackett
25-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Pot Kettle Black......Oh! and a wee bit of sanctimonious publicity

hibsbollah
25-10-2015, 07:13 PM
I liked the things she said to be honest. She IS condemning her own support at times.

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Listen, I couldn't care if she helped with world peace. She is a supporter of a club with a past for having ripped off charities, fans who are one of the most deluded in the world when it comes to their team.

The love in she has with her ****my fans makes me sick as they totally forgot about what they done before. So sorry for not falling over myself to praise her. I'd much rather praise LD for the hard honest work she's doing behind the scenes.

Oh and one more thing.... **** THE HEARTS!

Bostonhibby
25-10-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing her sort all this out, the Scottish parliament were going to do it but their time's obviously up.

I was looking for the picture of the yammish doing Nazi salutes at one of their games last season but I can't find it - the brown shirt doing it was easily identifiable so we could get her off to a good start on this one.

Kato
25-10-2015, 07:30 PM
She IS condemning her own support at times.

I've never noticed any specifics on that.

trev the hat
25-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Typical yam way of putting out a story a day after their own fans attack an away team bus outside the piggery with no condemnation
The club with NO shame alright !!
Pfft

Barney McGrew
25-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Typical yam way of putting out a story a day after their own fans attack an away team bus outside the piggery with no condemnation
The club with NO shame alright !!
Pfft

:agree:

Budgie seems to be a employing the OF tactics of deflection and whataboutery like a pro.

Stax
25-10-2015, 08:00 PM
I think if Budge wants to eradicate sectarianism from Her ( as she owns it) club she could do worse than look across the city. I **** hate the fact that there's even people on here buying into their PR ****

Bostonhibby
25-10-2015, 08:02 PM
:agree:

Budgie seems to be a employing the OF tactics of deflection and whataboutery like a pro.

A right paragon of virtue, whatever will she pronounce on next on behalf of the "famous"? How about a condemnation of people who fail to pay small businesses their dues, or seizing the moment and condemning people who collect money on behalf of charities and fail to pay that money over, lowest of the low. Something should be done, and who better to speak out.

hibees 7062
25-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing her sort all this out, the Scottish parliament were going to do it but their time's obviously up.

I was looking for the picture of the yammish doing Nazi salutes at one of their games last season but I can't find it - the brown shirt doing it was easily identifiable so we could get her off to a good start on this one.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BFE21A3C3A1112751700651184128_29edda648cb.2.1.6424 19213764725835.mp4?versionId=VxRijpHF0Hn6JTxw3RskE kAQaCmJAuKp

Bostonhibby
25-10-2015, 08:06 PM
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BFE21A3C3A1112751700651184128_29edda648cb.2.1.6424 19213764725835.mp4?versionId=VxRijpHF0Hn6JTxw3RskE kAQaCmJAuKp

:thumbsup: That's the boy.

#FromTheCapital
25-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Listen, I couldn't care if she helped with world peace. She is a supporter of a club with a past for having ripped off charities, fans who are one of the most deluded in the world when it comes to their team.

The love in she has with her ****my fans makes me sick as they totally forgot about what they done before. So sorry for not falling over myself to praise her. I'd much rather praise LD for the hard honest work she's doing behind the scenes.

Pretty much where I'm at 👍🏼

GreenLake
25-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Take the planks of wood out of her eye and build a new main stand.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2015, 09:05 PM

That may be true but what have the Colombians done to upset Budge? :confused:

:greengrin

Biggie
25-10-2015, 09:13 PM
I did read it thanks. It's easy to "Condemn" your own support... Doing something about there vile, bigoted behavior is another thing completely. She slaughtered the Celtic support and gave a wee "our fans are no angels" quote. What has she done about them?! I'll tell you.. Hee haw. Yet she batters on about other clubs and how they should follow her example of how to run a football club?! Here's an idea Ann... Start at the top of that creditors list, you know the one where your wonderful example of a club shafted ordinary working people and businesses for millions, and start paying them back one by one. Then get yer bigoted support into order. At that point I will listen to your advice on what's best for scottish football. Until then I'll pass on your advice.

This......well put

Bostonhibby
25-10-2015, 09:18 PM
That may be true but what have the Colombians done to upset Budge? :confused:

:greengrin

They are on her list - as soon as the Scottish sectarian thing is out the way. It's wedged between world peace and irrigating the Sahara. More to follow.It's a yam thing - big projects..................................

Bishop Hibee
25-10-2015, 09:21 PM
She's a master at spin I'll give her that. I suppose it's about time the club that won WWI had a Remembrance Garden. Each to their own.

While I'm with her in condemning bigotry, it sounds like she wants football fans to applaud politely and not get overexcited. No thanks.

hibees 7062
25-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Lest we forget...

Is that Walker with the stick ?

FranckSuzy
25-10-2015, 09:31 PM
To be honest, I couldn't give a toss what anyone connected to that, or any other, club says. I'm only interested in what comes out of ER and nothing else. GGTTH.

poolman
25-10-2015, 10:18 PM
“I think I saw it as important to speak out. Others talk about it privately but then say nothing publicly. I couldn’t do that. I had said that was what the club was going to stand for so I couldn’t just brush it under the carpet."
Hearts owner Ann Budge on tackling bigotry in the game:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/interview-hearts-owner-ann-budge-on-tackling-bigotry-1-3927093

Loady p

1875STEVE
25-10-2015, 10:24 PM

Well said that man.

Every time one of them mentions 5-1, I mention ripping off charities and spending money they couldn't afford to get the result, they hate it.

They hate it cos it's true.

Christ, even my own uncle has stopped talking to me, cos I was sick of his yammish 5-1 *****, and so I retaliated.

They want to brag about the cup wins, but not about all the folk who got diddled in the process.

GreenCastle
25-10-2015, 10:28 PM
The one thing I believe that still is that Celtic and The Rangers still have large amounts of their support that sing and spout nonsense while representing their clubs in the streets and stands. Flags, songs - posts on message boards / social media - plenty of it is very easy to find / see / hear.

Hibs and Hearts have their own issues also - usually a minority of muppets.

To me this still does exist in Scottish Football - I personally wish it had no place in it.

But I also know its an issue in society and there is no simple way to fix that.

While Budge isn't my flavour of the month - Hibs, Hearts and the other Scottish Clubs excluding the Old Firm should have a firmer stance on the nonsense that is still tolerated from the other 2 who use it to wind each other and others up.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Well said that man.

Every time one of them mentions 5-1, I mention ripping off charities and spending money they couldn't afford to get the result, they hate it.

Christ, even my own uncle has stopped talking to me, cos I was sick of his yammish 5-1 *****, and so I retaliated.

They want to brag about the cup wins, but not about all the folk who got diddled in the process.

You're absolutely right. Tainted, every thing about that club is rancid.

PatHead
25-10-2015, 11:14 PM
The one thing I believe that still is that Celtic and The Rangers still have large amounts of their support that sing and spout nonsense while representing their clubs in the streets and stands. Flags, songs - posts on message boards / social media - plenty of it is very easy to find / see / hear.

Hibs and Hearts have their own issues also - usually a minority of muppets.

To me this still does exist in Scottish Football - I personally wish it had no place in it.

But I also know its an issue in society and there is no simple way to fix that.

While Budge isn't my flavour of the month - Hibs, Hearts and the other Scottish Clubs excluding the Old Firm should have a firmer stance on the nonsense that is still tolerated from the other 2 who use it to wind each other and others up.

Are you saying that we have bigotry issues? I can't remember the last time I heard bigotry from the Hibs support. Heard Hearts often enough though.

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Well said that man.

They hate being reminded of their tainted cup win. Silly *******s know themselves and it hurts them that it wasn't won fairly. Folk just laugh at the 1-5 now it's embarrassing for them.

1875STEVE
26-10-2015, 12:21 AM
They hate being reminded of their tainted cup win. Silly *******s know themselves and it hurts them that it wasn't won fairly. Folk just laugh at the 1-5 now it's embarrassing for them.

Exactly.

I keep being told that they didn't rip off charities, local businesses and Lithuanian tax payers with their actions, because there was a cva, and "That's what CVA's are for"

They seem to think if they say it enough, it makes it true.

All three of their cup wins are tainted, racking up debts the whole time, that they never paid back.

Also, they borrowed £8m off of that SMG mob in 99, I'm pretty sure they didn't pay that back either, and it put SMG in the *****.

The club wth the morals of a snake.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Exactly.

I keep being told that they didn't rip off charities, local businesses and Lithuanian tax payers with their actions, because there was a cva, and "That's what CVA's are for"

They seem to think if they say it enough, it makes it true.

All three of their cup wins are tainted, racking up debts the whole time, that they never paid back.

Also, they borrowed £8m off of that SMG mob in 99, I'm pretty sure they didn't pay that back either, and it put SMG in the *****.

The club wth the morals of a snake.
This one shows just how little they care about what they actually did during the Vlad love affair.

I tend to just remind them that it was the club itself that pulled together the names of all the people whose money they stole so nae conspiracy there

List of shame. Mind blowing that their list includes Macraes Battalion Trust; big hearts and the Lady Haig Poppy Appeal.

Beefster
26-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Lest we forget...

The majorette at the front needs to grow her hair out a bit.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 11:37 AM

:agree: I cannae see a wimpy looking baton twirler being much use when it comes to the seemingly relentless struggle to defend Derrys' walls that we hear so much about.

On a positive note there are now so many people in Scotland singing about it that if even a fraction of them know where it is and get over there to form a defensive line it should be safe from whatever the attack is that they are meant to be defending it from.

Heroes every one.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Moronic but I don't think this has anything to with the cheats directly, could be wrong knowing them of course.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Moronic but I don't think this has anything to with the cheats directly, could be wrong knowing them of course.

Its a fair assumption as they are rarely directly responsible for anything in recent years.

Brightside
26-10-2015, 12:19 PM
She's a fud and like all puddle drinkers deaf and blind to what happens in her own support.

silverhibee
26-10-2015, 12:25 PM

She can get some tips from Salmond, did he not say he would eradicate all this stuff in Scotland a few years back.

Budge just spouting more pish to deflect from what happened at the Paedodome at the weekend.

Kato
26-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Its a fair assumption as they are rarely directly responsible for anything in recent years.

She's a fud and like all puddle drinkers deaf and blind to what happens in her own support.

Two of the most accurate posts on here in ages.

She can get some tips from Salmond, did he not say he would eradicate all this stuff in Scotland a few years back.

He claimed to have "eradicated sectarianism" a while back. #whilstdressedasjamestkirkandholdinghandswithaghos t

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Budge just spouting more pish to deflect from what happened at the Paedodome at the weekend.

He certainly was going to make a start on it, just a pity he ran out of time and nothing happened, Budge will fix it. Watch this space.

Brightside
26-10-2015, 01:05 PM
He certainly was going to make a start on it, just a pity he ran out of time and nothing happened, Budge will fix it. Watch this space.

This is a joke yeh? The bile that is heard at Hearts games is disgusting and when they visit us at least half of their support could be arrested for it. Have I missed where she has done anything about that? Red hand flags? All ok in the land of Budge

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 01:10 PM
This is a joke yeh? The bile that is heard at Hearts games is disgusting and when they visit us at least half of their support could be arrested for it. Have I missed where she has done anything about that? Red hand flags? All ok in the land of Budge

I think its pretty clear from my other posts above on this one, that I am somewhat cynical about Budge's statement - yes it's a joke / sarcasm:wink:

Brightside
26-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I think its pretty clear from my other posts above on this one, that I am somewhat cynical about Budge's statement - yes it's a joke / sarcasm:wink:

Praise the lord....I almost added you to my list! :greengrin:greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Praise the lord....I almost added you to my list! :greengrin:greengrin

A list you say, if there's a list, I demand my right to be on it:greengrin

silverhibee
26-10-2015, 01:28 PM

You just woke up.

Queen B, never heard a thing when the Celtc staff were being abused in the asbestos stand, FFS she was sitting only a few feet away from the offenders, what does she do, has a go at the Celtc support and throws in "think of the bairns that have to listen to that, they are traumatised" good yin Budge, get your purse out and pay for a new drum.

The woman has all the trats of a yam owner, it's oozing out of her, "wee are the famous" an follow our way in how to cheat steal deflect bad news.

Anyone buying in to her S***E is of there head.

She has been a ST holder at that dump for years, a wealthy woman who could have spoke out before now, she won't be happy until she is running Scottish football with her tosspot No 1 Potter.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/c1/77/30c177d64181dc243159d1c5a7ce0d9e.jpg

GRANTON_HIBS
26-10-2015, 01:51 PM
You just woke up.

Queen B, never heard a thing when the Celtc staff were being abused in the asbestos stand, FFS she was sitting only a few feet away from the offenders, what does she do, has a go at the Celtc support and throws in "think of the bairns that have to listen to that, they are traumatised" good yin Budge, get your purse out and pay for a new drum.

The woman has all the trats of a yam owner, it's oozing out of her, "wee are the famous" an follow our way in how to cheat steal deflect bad news.

Anyone buying in to her S***E is of there head.

She has been a ST holder at that dump for years, a wealthy woman who could have spoke out before now, she won't be happy until she is running Scottish football with her tosspot No 1 Potter.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/c1/77/30c177d64181dc243159d1c5a7ce0d9e.jpg

Replace The Famous with The Shameless in all communications.

Kato
26-10-2015, 02:44 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-hit-back-hearts-owner-4739401#rlabs=59%20p$1

brog
26-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Lest we forget...

I'd never seen this before G. Awesome! The best part is where the Jamie Walker wannabe gets his baton stuck up his jaxi, about 2 mins in! TBF, I'm surprised he didn't end up on the floor claiming a pen!

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2015, 03:17 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4697 - Decent statement from them.

jacomo
26-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Odd that they don't ask any supporters who witnessed Saturday's events to come forward with information. If they were serious about catching those responsible, I'd have thought that would have been a fairly obvious step?

YES! I've found a negative in an overwhelmingly positive step from Hertz. You're no getting any cheap points from me, Budgie! :wink:

Brightside
26-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Once again, we had a home sell out on Saturday with almost 16,000 Hearts fans in attendance...

LIES LIES LIES. The place is littered with empty seats...why do they constantly claim to be SOLD OUT!

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Once again, we had a home sell out on Saturday with almost 16,000 Hearts fans in attendance...

LIES LIES LIES. The place is littered with empty seats...why do they constantly claim to be SOLD OUT!

All big teams are sold out every home game, its only natural they claim the same.

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 04:04 PM

She had to get the "full house" pish in there. When it wasn't as there was plenty empty seats according to my bro in-law and some pics that are going about.

Good old Anne, keeping up with the lies 👍🏼

hibees 7062
26-10-2015, 04:19 PM
She had to get the "full house" pish in there. When it wasn't as there was plenty empty seats according to my bro in-law and some pics that are going about.

Good old Anne, keeping up with the lies 

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/25/11113b0f5bfcca6b88132818e04dee6c.jpg Stackit fu TC :greengrin

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 04:32 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/25/11113b0f5bfcca6b88132818e04dee6c.jpg Stackit fu TC :greengrin

😁

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Can easily be "sold-out" and have empty seats.

They do have a lot of ST's. It's feasible that many of them were bought by folk who can't make it every week, as a response to the need for cash.

Brightside
26-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Hibs dont count STs in the attendance do we?

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 04:55 PM

They do have a lot of ST's. It's feasible that many of them were bought by folk who can't make it every week, as a response to the need for cash.

Celtic and The Rangers do this too and I've no idea why? I'm sure you can tell how many ST have been scanned through it just makes them look stupid when they say it's a full house when it's far from it.

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2015, 04:55 PM

Yes.

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Celtic and The Rangers do this too and I've no idea why? I'm sure you can tell how many ST have been scanned through it just makes them look stupid when they say it's a full house when it's far from it.

There's a difference, though, between "sold-out" and "full". That's my point.

You can sell out a theatre show, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be full.

AB said that the game was "sold out" for home supporters. She may well be right.

Kojock
26-10-2015, 04:59 PM

As far as I'm aware Hibs only count the number of people through the turnstile as the actual attendance.

Brightside
26-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Yes.

What is out current ST numbers? I thought it was about 8000?

Brightside
26-10-2015, 05:02 PM
As far as I'm aware Hibs only count the number of people through the turnstile as the actual attendance.

That's what I thought

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 05:07 PM

That's what I thought as well.

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 05:09 PM
There's a difference, though, between "sold-out" and "full". That's my point.

You can sell out a theatre show, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be full.

AB said that the game was "sold out" for home supporters. She may well be right.

But she's not right if there was lots of empty seats! Why not just count the actual numbers through the gate on the day for a correct number?

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2015, 05:16 PM
But she's not right if there was lots of empty seats! Why not just count the actual numbers through the gate on the day for a correct number?

You're missing the point :greengrin

If all tickets were sold for the game, that means that it was, by definition, "sold-out". It's immaterial that some people choose not to go. It's still a sell-out.

Again, it could be a sell-out and empty.

Thecat23
26-10-2015, 05:21 PM
You're missing the point :greengrin

If all tickets were sold for the game, that means that it was, by definition, "sold-out". It's immaterial that some people choose not to go. It's still a sell-out.

Again, it could be a sell-out and empty.

Yeah I do get that 😁 But Hearts could surely just count who's actually attended with a gate count on the day. If a theatre sold out and only one turns up, then I'm sure the production company wouldn't say it was In front of a packed theatre 😉

CropleyWasGod
26-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Yeah I do get that  But Hearts could surely just count who's actually attended with a gate count on the day. If a theatre sold out and only one turns up, then I'm sure the production company wouldn't say it was In front of a packed theatre 

Not disagreeing.

However, the beef on here is that AB has been lying by saying that the game was "sold out". I'm pointing out that she could have been telling the truth.

The fact is.... I doubt anyone on here actually knows.

greenlex
26-10-2015, 05:46 PM
It must just be the empty seats where season ticket holders that can't make it are all together.

Bostonhibby
26-10-2015, 06:46 PM
So the interview wth the EEN reporter might go something like this

How many fans were inside the ground today Ann?

We were sold out

How many people turned up to watch the game in person today, your Highness?

We were sold out

When you say sold out, do you mean the stadium was entirely filled with people, my priestess?

We were sold out

Thank you for clearing that up almighty saviour.

Not at all Mr Banderson, you may get up now, my footman Potter has arrived with a proper footstool.

hibees 7062
26-10-2015, 06:49 PM

We were sold out

We were sold out

When you say sold out, do you mean the stadium was entirely filled with people, my priestess?

We were sold out

Not at all Mr Banderson, you may get up now, my footman Potter has arrived with a proper footstool.

Word for word :greengrin

Jack Hackett
26-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Yeah I do get that  But Hearts could surely just count who's actually attended with a gate count on the day. If a theatre sold out and only one turns up, then I'm sure the production company wouldn't say it was In front of a packed theatre 

Which, embarrassingly for them, is exactly what they had to do when celtc thumped them in the SC at their dump a couple of years ago, when the crowd was posted at around 10k with 3k celtc supporters there. They'd been claiming bumper crowds going by the figures released by the club for their league games, when it was plain to see the midden was half empty

:lolyam:

xyz23jc
27-10-2015, 11:08 AM

We were sold out

We were sold out

We were sold out

It's like being present at that particular scenario.... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

brog
27-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Yes, but she also said there were nearly 16,000 Yams in attendance. Whichever way you cut it that statement is wrong. I'm actually surprised there are no guidelines from FA, SPFL as to what constitutes an attendance. You would also think HMRC may take an interest in the data particularly in those clubs with previous!

GreenLake
27-10-2015, 01:05 PM
The empty seats might be due to some lingering in the John Robertson lounge to have few glasses of Merlot and watch the game on the large TV screens.

Jack Hackett
27-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Yes, but she also said there were nearly 16,000 Yams in attendance. Whichever way you cut it that statement is wrong. I'm actually surprised there are no guidelines from FA, SPFL as to what constitutes an attendance. You would also think HMRC may take an interest in the data particularly in those clubs with previous!

I would imagine that tax would already have been paid on STs and is only due on walk ups. They would probably be accurate in the figures given to HMRC but could make up any figure they like for press and publicity purposes

Geo_1875
27-10-2015, 02:21 PM
I would imagine that tax would already have been paid on STs and is only due on walk ups. They would probably be accurate in the figures given to HMRC but could make up any figure they like for press and publicity purposes

HMRC figures probably wouldn't give numbers, just income and tax due.

The only people who really care about accurate crowd figures are the police.

Bostonhibby
27-10-2015, 06:22 PM
The empty seats might be due to some lingering in the John Robertson lounge to have few glasses of Merlot and watch the game on the large TV screens.

:agree: Or, tragically, they have been rendered unconscious by the calor gas fumes and are therefore unable to emerge at all to take up their seats.

Quicker than asbestos poisoning mind.

Aldo
27-10-2015, 07:05 PM
You just woke up. Queen B, never heard a thing when the Celtc staff were being abused in the asbestos stand, FFS she was sitting only a few feet away from the offenders, what does she do, has a go at the Celtc support and throws in "think of the bairns that have to listen to that, they are traumatised" good yin Budge, get your purse out and pay for a new drum. The woman has all the trats of a yam owner, it's oozing out of her, "wee are the famous" an follow our way in how to cheat steal deflect bad news. Anyone buying in to her S***E is of there head. She has been a ST holder at that dump for years, a wealthy woman who could have spoke out before now, she won't be happy until she is running Scottish football with her tosspot No 1 Potter.

Smokescreen. Plain and simples.

She also has selective hearing to go along with the maroon tinted specs she must of been wearing that evening.

Once again trying to deflect what's actually happening and making out her poor wee lambs, that make up the support have never heard such things and they are good as gold!

Wake up and smell the coffee ha stupid mare!

SuperAllyMcleod
27-10-2015, 07:43 PM

Or the cardigan sale in the main stand.

Famous Fiver
28-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to her remarks after the match tonight.

Can't see it passing off without incident with two of the three most rancid supports in Scotland in attendance. Oh, wait a minute, the 16,000 have got their sisters to see to tonight............

xyz23jc
28-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Or the cardigan sale in the main stand.

The Combat 88 ones are a particular bestseller..... :greengrin

brog
28-10-2015, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jack Hackett;4489655]I would imagine that tax would already have been paid on STs and is only due on walk ups. They would probably be accurate in the figures given to HMRC but could make up any figure they like for press and publicity purposes[/QUOT

I wasn't really suggesting HMRC would actually be provided with attendance figures. It was more that Yams may be creating a rod for their own back by their pathetic need to try & demonstrate they're a big team by overstating attendances, as opposed to tickets sold. HMRC usually only look at the big picture & it may appear strange that a team supposedly selling out each home game continue to be run at a loss. Without an additional source of funds, or of course transfer fees, it currently appears impossible for Yams to make a profit on their core business.