PDA

View Full Version : Highlights👍

cam75
25-10-2015, 01:21 PM
11mins on raith site cracking goals👍
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv

IrnBru22
25-10-2015, 01:30 PM
As you can see at 2.45 the raith throw-in takers whole foot is on the pitch, this was happening all game. Thats a foul throw is it not ?

IrnBru22
25-10-2015, 01:39 PM
wish they showed behind the goals footage of the 2 Hibs' goals. Good highlights from raith though :aok:

matty_f
25-10-2015, 01:50 PM
11mins on raith site cracking goals👍
http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv

Nice one! :aok:

Seveno
25-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Cracking goals but we were lucky to get away with the Hanlon handball. Accidental but lots of refs would have given it.

mutley
25-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Excellent highlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
25-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Christ were they desperate to try and get a pen at the end there

cabbageandribs1875
25-10-2015, 02:09 PM
nice getting extended highlights/replays free, well done RR

matty_f
25-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Cracking goals but we were lucky to get away with the Hanlon handball. Accidental but lots of refs would have given it.

:agree: The other two incidents were never penalties.

Jack Hackett
25-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Great highlights from Raith....but wtf was going on with the strips clashing so obviously? I had a great deal of trouble determining which team was on the ball

Alfred E Newman
25-10-2015, 02:20 PM
We would have been raging if we didn't get the handball.

Tinribs
25-10-2015, 03:58 PM
If HibsTV looked as good as that the last couple of years, i would still be a subscriber. As someone else said, well done Raith for giving a decent free extended highlights :aok:

Hamish
25-10-2015, 04:13 PM
As you can see at 2.45 the raith throw-in takers whole foot is on the pitch, this was happening all game. Thats a foul throw is it not ?

:agree: I noticed that in the second half. One was particularly blatant.

Hamish
25-10-2015, 04:15 PM
We would have been raging if we didn't get the handball.

I would agree - the only thing I noticed was Paul was pulling his hand away:dunno:

hibbybrian
25-10-2015, 04:30 PM
If HibsTV looked as good as that the last couple of years, i would still be a subscriber. As someone else said, well done Raith for giving a decent free extended highlights :aok:

Unfortunately the whole first half was audio only with no video streamed at all, apparently due to a technical problem, and the picture quality in the second half was much lower than HibsTV has been for a while. I'm living overseas so I'm happy with HibsTV :coolhib:

California-Hibs
25-10-2015, 05:53 PM

I watched the game on RaithTV, well, the 2nd half as thats all they bothered showing! HibsTV picture is vastly better than what they had to offer! HibsTV is crystal HD as good as it gets. Nothing negative can longer be said about the service, give it a try for a single match and you might just be completely surprised.

The Green Goblin
25-10-2015, 07:46 PM
I watched the game on RaithTV, well, the 2nd half as thats all they bothered showing! HibsTV picture is vastly better than what they had to offer! HibsTV is crystal HD as good as it gets. Nothing negative can longer be said about the service, give it a try for a single match and you might just be completely surprised.

Agree with this 100%. Hibs TV is a fantastic product and well worth the subscription.

Carheenlea
25-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Enjoyed those highlights. Better highlights coverage than that of the BBC.

IWasThere2016
25-10-2015, 08:47 PM

RRFC highlights are produced by Fife College's students on a HND Television course - FOC to the club also I think.

I know Dundee and looking to replicate this model also.

Gatecrasher
25-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Raith diving all over the place to get a penalty :greengrin
also the handball wasn't as much of a penalty as some have suggested.
good last ditch from Lewis and Oxley had a good save from the free kick.
I wish Cummings put that last chance away.

Tinribs
26-10-2015, 12:02 AM

I may have to return then, it was almost unwatchable when i had my sub. And that was with a 150Mb connection, so bandwidth was not the issue lol.

HoboHarry
26-10-2015, 12:05 AM
I may have to return then, it was almost unwatchable when i had my sub. And that was with a 150Mb connection, so bandwidth was not the issue lol.
It's well worth the money, it was no fun being a log way off and no decent way to see the home games but that's all changed now.....

--------
26-10-2015, 02:08 AM

Totally agree. I would say not a penalty at all, if you know the letter of the law.

"A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits anyof the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his ownpenalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred(see Law 13 – Position of free kick)

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball,provided it is in play."

(FIFA Laws Of The Game 2015-16, p.37)

As far as I can judge, Paul is clearly turning in an attempt to get out of the way of the ball. At no point does he move either arm or hand in the direction of the ball, so I can't see how he could be said to "handle the ball deliberately".

Like it or not, it all comes down to the referee's judgement as to the player's intent - did he or did he not deliberately play the ball with his hand or arm? Seems to me that there's not a lot of doubt here - Paul couldn't be said to be deliberately handle the ball as he was very clearly trying to avoid any contact with it.

We won't get away with that sort of defending next weekend, BTW. Frenetic to the point of shambolic, IMO. :no way:

The only positive thing you could say is that somehow or other the ball stayed out of our goal - just.

And is it entirely beyond the wit of of match officials and team managers to work out that a team playing in dark blue shirts with short white sleeves is almost indistinguishable from one playing in dark green with short white sleeves? Especially in bright sunshine? I remember a game at Falkirk a few years ago when exactly the same problem arose.

PeeJay
26-10-2015, 06:00 AM
Totally agree. I would say not a penalty at all, if you know the letter of the law.

"A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits anyof the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his ownpenalty area)

Thing you're maybe "interpreting" the law wrong myself. Clear penalty - his hands are up in the air and that can certainly be construed as a deliberate act, otherwise he would have his hands out of harm's way - ref missed it, we got lucky again ... if it had been the other way round everybody on this board would have been demanding it ... mind you maybe he couldn't tell which side had actually committed the offence because of the obvious clash of strips?

JimBHibees
26-10-2015, 08:08 AM

Tend to agree the diving was ridiculous especially the last one with ex yam Jason Thomson embarrassing dive. Thought the ref did ok under the pressure. The handball IMO was the right call Hanlon was a yard away.

RoxburghHibs
26-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Tend to agree the diving was ridiculous especially the last one with ex yam Jason Thomson embarrassing dive. Thought the ref did ok under the pressure. The handball IMO was the right call Hanlon was a yard away.

The 'ball to hand' incident was debatable - certainly not a clear cut penalty. The other penalty claims were dives, especially Thomson's, and the ref correctly booked him. What an arse having a go a tthe ref after the whistle though!

--------
26-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Thing you're maybe "interpreting" the law wrong myself. Clear penalty - his hands are up in the air and that can certainly be construed as a deliberate act, otherwise he would have his hands out of harm's way - ref missed it, we got lucky again ... if it had been the other way round everybody on this board would have been demanding it ... mind you maybe he couldn't tell which side had actually committed the offence because of the obvious clash of strips?

Yup - except Paul's hands were up before the ball was kicked in his direction, and at the range from which the ball arrived he could hardly have got his hands down in time. And if he HAD been dropping his hands, that in itself could have been interpreted as deliberate handball ....

Hands have to be somewhere - usually at the end of our arms which also have to be somewhere. And we use our arms to balance ourselves - nobody but Mr Bean runs around with his arms close to the sides of his body. So they're out, they're in, they're up, they're down - you pay your money and make your choice and hope the referee's in a forgiving mood - or completely unsighted.

I'm right, you're right, we're all right as soon as the law involves the question of intent. When I first started going to ER half a century ago, that would have been a stonewall penalty. Intention had nothing to do with it - unless of course the offender played for Celtic or Rangers, in which case it was a handy excuse for referees to refuse to give us penalties against them.

Handle the ball in the area - PENALTY.

"But I didnae mean it, ref" - book the guy for dissent. (Unless of course he played for Rangers or Celtic, in which case the referee apologised and awarded a free kick to the defending side.)

Ah, the Good Old Days!

You may be right about the strip - just as well we weren't in our change shirts, then. :greengrin

And I agree - if it had been at the other end and the other way round, I'd have been arguing just as persuasively that it WAS a penalty as I am right now that it wasn't.

Football supporters are such hypocrites .... :devil:

PeeJay
26-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Yup - except Paul's hands were up before the ball was kicked in his direction, and at the range from which the ball arrived he could hardly have got his hands down in time. And if he HAD been dropping his hands, that in itself could have been interpreted as deliberate handball ....

Well, yeah, except (in the box) his hands shouldn't be there in the first place that's the point; penalties are given for this all the time here in the Germany with exactly that point being made (except the ones not given, that is :greengrin). Anyway, Hanlon should know better. We were lucky, It wasn't given, so it doesn't matter this time, it may well matter another time?

You're correct about hypocrites, of course ... that's part of the "fun" of being a football fan, I guess. Our luck with penalty decisions will no doubt change at some stage too ... I could see Sunday being the day that happens ....

xyz23jc
26-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Defo!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

WeeRussell
26-10-2015, 12:32 PM

I used to think this too - however, sure someone told me a year or two ago that you can have one foot on the pitch when taking a throw-in! Just one of those things that everyone follows now I guess (the whole stopping both toes behind the line before you throw!)

I also used to think throw-ins were meant to be taken from the exact spot the ball went out.. when in fact you can take them anywhere up to that spot.. as long as you don't go closer to the opposition's goal!

nonshinyfinish
26-10-2015, 04:18 PM
I used to think this too - however, sure someone told me a year or two ago that you can have one foot on the pitch when taking a throw-in! Just one of those things that everyone follows now I guess (the whole stopping both toes behind the line before you throw!)

I also used to think throw-ins were meant to be taken from the exact spot the ball went out.. when in fact you can take them anywhere up to that spot.. as long as you don't go closer to the opposition's goal!

Didn't know that… so if you have a Rory Delap type in the team and you get a throw right in the corner, you could move as far back up the line as you want to improve the angle to launch it into the box?

broonie27
27-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Thanks for that OP. Why Hibs can't do the same is beyond me, it's only highlights after all.

As for anyone saying the hand ball wasn't a pen, if it happened the other way around would you all be saying the same ;-)

snooky
27-10-2015, 11:03 AM
IMO there were 4 penalty decisions in the 2nd half. The ref got 2 right and 2 wrong.
The handball & forearm in the back of the neck looked liked penalties to me.
It's a rare & pleasant change for us to get the benefit of dodgy decisions.
Long may it continue, although I think we can write off getting anything this weekend. :rolleyes:

WeeRussell
27-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Didn't know that… so if you have a Rory Delap type in the team and you get a throw right in the corner, you could move as far back up the line as you want to improve the angle to launch it into the box?

In theory, yep! Unless of course I'm talking pish haha. Funnily enough, when I was playing just a month or two ago - the ref made my team mate take it from the spot he was pointing to (after he tried to take it quicker by just taking from where he was, closer to our own goal) and I remember a couple of us (smart erses) who were aware of the rule, informing him of this... in a polite manner of course :greengrin. Also noted a couple of times over the weekend when watching games, that when the ball goes out for a throw-in to the attacking team, right at the corner flag - throw-ins were being taken a good bit back from the corner flag. Maybe kind of an example of what you're saying.

It was the 'one foot on the pitch' one I found harder to believe though. I don't make friends with many referees, but the ones you do speak to, occasionally have something interesting to tell you :thumbsup: