PDA

View Full Version : Raith Tickets away and home

ben johnson
25-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I did not mind paying cash at the gate yesterday but i could not understand why i could not purchase a ticket prior to travel. Having had a chat with a RR fan last night it became a little clearer. This RR fan lives in Edinburgh but wont attend the New Years game at ER because of the problems away fans have had gaining entry into ER in the past. It seems they cant purchase tickets unless purchased from a pod on the day of the game. Queuing twice seems to lead to big delays. He told me they had missed the KO the last time they had attended the game at ER.

Perhaps someone from the Club or perhaps a fans rep could comment on this policy. Being told that Hibs seem to take great delight in making it as hard as possible for away fans to attend does not sit well with me. A childish tit for tat ticket purchasing policy seems to have now taken place between RR and HFC and it seems rather petty that its come to this.

I dont know the details of away fans purchasing tickets and would like someone in the know to set the record straight.

Aldo
25-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I did not mind paying cash at the gate yesterday but i could not understand why i could not purchase a ticket prior to travel. Having had a chat with a RR fan last night it became a little clearer. This RR fan lives in Edinburgh but wont attend the New Years game at ER because of the problems away fans have had gaining entry into ER in the past. It seems they cant purchase tickets unless purchased from a pod on the day of the game. Queuing twice seems to lead to big delays. He told me they had missed the KO the last time they had attended the game at ER. Perhaps someone from the Club or perhaps a fans rep could comment on this policy. Being told that Hibs seem to take great delight in making it as hard as possible for away fans to attend does not sit well with me. A childish tit for tat ticket purchasing policy seems to have now taken place between RR and HFC and it seems rather petty that its come to this. I dont know the details of away fans purchasing tickets and would like someone in the know to set the record straight.

I would suggest he leaves a bit earlier and gets his ticket so he can be in for KO! Let's face it tho... They won't bring that many fans to ER!

ben johnson
25-10-2015, 11:21 AM
I would suggest he leaves a bit earlier and gets his ticket so he can be in for KO! Let's face it tho... They won't bring that many fans to ER!

So the onus is on the away fans to sort the problem? They turned up in plenty of time but still could not gain access until 15 minutes after ko. You are correct in saying that they dont bring that many so it makes it all the more baffling that we ask them to queue twice in order to gain access.

ginger_rice
25-10-2015, 11:24 AM
I did not mind paying cash at the gate yesterday but i could not understand why i could not purchase a ticket prior to travel. Having had a chat with a RR fan last night it became a little clearer. This RR fan lives in Edinburgh but wont attend the New Years game at ER because of the problems away fans have had gaining entry into ER in the past. It seems they cant purchase tickets unless purchased from a pod on the day of the game. Queuing twice seems to lead to big delays. He told me they had missed the KO the last time they had attended the game at ER.

Perhaps someone from the Club or perhaps a fans rep could comment on this policy. Being told that Hibs seem to take great delight in making it as hard as possible for away fans to attend does not sit well with me. A childish tit for tat ticket purchasing policy seems to have now taken place between RR and HFC and it seems rather petty that its come to this.

I dont know the details of away fans purchasing tickets and would like someone in the know to set the record straight.

Ben you should email this to Leanne I reckon she'd not be too happy about this

Geo_1875
25-10-2015, 11:25 AM
So the onus is on the away fans to sort the problem? They turned up in plenty of time but still could not gain access until 15 minutes after ko. You are correct in saying that they dont bring that many so it makes it all the more baffling that we ask them to queue twice in order to gain access.

They're treated exactly the same as home fans. Buy a ticket, either in advance or from the pods, and use it to gain access through the automated turnstile. I don't see the problem.

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2015, 11:27 AM
They're treated exactly the same as home fans. Buy a ticket, either in advance or from the pods, and use it to gain access through the automated turnstile. I don't see the problem.

Total nonsense as you say...no different to home walk ups.

Aldo
25-10-2015, 11:45 AM

If this is a continued problem then I would agree that it needs looked at but what is plenty of time??

marinello59
25-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Given the amount of fans Raith take I find it hard to believe that they had to queue at both the pods and the turnstiles. If they had turned up early enough I doubt there would have been a problem at all.

lord bunberry
25-10-2015, 11:51 AM

You could have bought a ticket in advance, I did.

Keith_M
25-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Do Hibs not send tickets to away teams to sell to their own fans?

:dunno:

Billy Whizz
25-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Do Hibs not send tickets to away teams to sell to their own fans?

:dunno:

They do, but I know a few St Mirren fans who wanted to go to our recent game, were told they couldn't buy on the day

Sir David Gray
25-10-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm all for doing whatever is easiest for the fans, no matter which club it is.

That means that if there is a pre-sale for away fans, they should be able to go to their own club to purchase their tickets.

I sincerely hope that the two clubs sort out whatever petty disputes they are having in time for the next game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Not sure I would admit that the reason I wouldn't turn up to see my team, is having to wait for ten minutes. One less pint. ?

JimBHibees
26-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Given the amount of fans Raith take I find it hard to believe that they had to queue at both the pods and the turnstiles. If they had turned up early enough I doubt there would have been a problem at all.

Exactly my thought how long would it take 50 fans to get in. Excuse.