PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sherwood NHC

bingo70
25-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Leaves Aston Villa....

Always comes across as a complete tit imo so never likely to be too popular. Wonder who will replace him though, Brendan Rodgers?

Onceinawhile
25-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Moves is a shoo in.

Bayern Bru
25-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Warbs, obvz.

Chip shop Joe
25-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Always thought he was an arrogant tube ever since he said he said he was not interested in being interim Spurs manager and should be appointed full time right away, despite the fact that he had done the square root of bugger all in management.

Then during the summer he said that he was turning down premiership jobs as they were not right after managing Spurs for a handful of games and getting the boot!

Never like to see anyone losing there job... but for him I will make an exception[emoji1]

Stevie Reid
25-10-2015, 12:06 PM
No sympathy. Totally full of himself, and they're currently on track to take 16 points from this season.

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2015, 12:15 PM
No doubt the weedgie media will link Stubbsy in a bid to unsettle us prior to next Sunday 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

easty
25-10-2015, 12:28 PM
The guy always comes across a total prick, so I'm delighted for him.

McD
25-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Was asked on tv yesterday if he was under pressure, his reply was, no I'm not under pressure, the club is under pressure.

He does come across as being full of it

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Yet another poisoned chalice. Huge club. Not sure that Sherwood won a lot of people over. For me at least, he is the same as Gareth Southgate and Stuart Pearce in that they all say what fans want to hear, but that doesn't match up to what you get.

Scottie
25-10-2015, 12:58 PM
The guy always comes across a total prick, so I'm delighted for him.
:agree: Never like to see anyone lose their job but will make an exception for this knob jockey.

Stan Colleymore was saying yesterday that Villa is rotten at the core and till they address this it doesn't matter who their manager is they will always struggle to compete at that level.

Baader
25-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Villas problems run deep. Big club who have been in a mess for some time now...

CB_NO3
25-10-2015, 01:10 PM
He is a smug get who has nothing to be smug about.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Villas problems run deep. Big club who have been in a mess for some time now...

Villa's problems like any other club outside London and Manchester - namely they stand very little chance of ever being a top four club again.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Was asked on tv yesterday if he was under pressure, his reply was, no I'm not under pressure, the club is under pressure.

He does come across as being full of itWas actually asked if he was in a hole and replied that the club are in a hole. Nothing wrong with that, he is absolutely spot on Villa are a total mess from the top down.

J-C
25-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned too, wouldn't cost anything to get him in.

Lago
25-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned too, wouldn't cost anything to get him in.
Well if Sherwood is a smug prat, Rodgers is a carbon copy.

Sergey
25-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Several firms have suspended betting on the next manager with Remi Garde being cited as getting the Villa gig.

ekhibee
25-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Was actually asked if he was in a hole and replied that the club are in a hole. Nothing wrong with that, he is absolutely spot on Villa are a total mess from the top down.
Yep, totally agree. I actually thought Sherwood saved them from relegation last season, but whoever gets the gig this time has a major job on his hands. It's a tragedy for those of us that can remember the Villa team that won the European Cup, now there was a really good, excellent team to watch.

McD
25-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Was actually asked if he was in a hole and replied that the club are in a hole. Nothing wrong with that, he is absolutely spot on Villa are a total mess from the top down.

Thanks for correcting me 😊 It came across to me that he was absolving himself of all responsibility for the club being in a mess (you're right, it is in a shocking state), but I think he needs to take some responsibility. He's always quick to tell the world how it's all his credit when something goes well.

Lago
25-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Yep, totally agree. I actually thought Sherwood saved them from relegation last season, but whoever gets the gig this time has a major job on his hands. It's a tragedy for those of us that can remember the Villa team that won the European Cup, now there was a really good, excellent team to watch.
Yes with Des Bremner playing a pivotal role in Villa's midfield, great team.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 03:11 PM
I have no problem with Sherwood,I thought his response to the question was fair enough.

Hibeesmad
25-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Remi Garde expected to be announced shortly

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 03:15 PM

Des Bremner,Gordan Cowans,Gary Shaw,Jimmy Rimmer,Nigel Spink,Peter Withe,Allan Evans,Ken NcNaught,Dennis Mortimer to name a few. Great team to watch.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2015, 03:17 PM
I have no problem with Sherwood,I thought his response to the question was fair enough.

Tend to agree.

Ok he's a bit arrogant but that's hardly a unique character trait amongst those involved in professional football. I've no idea how good a manager he is but thought his answer to yestersays question was fair. Villa are a total mess and I wouldn't be the least susprised to see them go down in the next couple of seasons.

J-C
25-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Tend to agree.

Ok he's a bit arrogant but that's hardly a unique character trait amongst those involved in professional football. I've no idea how good a manager he is but thought his answer to yestersays question was fair. Villa are a total mess and I wouldn't be the least susprised to see them go down in the next couple of seasons.

I think he's one of those guys that's a a better coach than manager, Steve McLaren springs to mind when I say that.

Edit. Just noticed he only won 26% of his 23 matches in charge, very poor by anyone's standards.

ekhibee
25-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Des Bremner,Gordan Cowans,Gary Shaw,Jimmy Rimmer,Nigel Spink,Peter Withe,Allan Evans,Ken NcNaught,Dennis Mortimer to name a few. Great team to watch.
Yep, all great players. I remember seeing Tony Morley scoring a brilliant goal against Everton round about that time too (1980 I think?).

Thecat23
25-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Villa are gash, they always float around the relegation zone and get out. Hope they drop myself!

PISTOL1875
25-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Just like Rodgers at Liverpool and AVB to name a few in recent seasons, the victim of the transfer comittee. They sign the players the manager probably doesn't want and when it doesn't work the manager gets pumped..

Pete
25-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Always going to happen. You can't lose players like what they've done and not suffer any consequences.

Their squad is poor and I'm not sure anyone else will do that much better with them.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2015, 04:48 PM
No time for Sherwood at all so quite happy to hear this news.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Been saying it for years, many similarities to us in the sense of constant underachieving for the size of club. Numerous managers failing in a row when the real problem is those above. Lerner is their Petrie and until he pisses off, the problems will persist

emerald green
25-10-2015, 07:39 PM
What's Terry Butcher doing these days?

FitbaFolkKen
25-10-2015, 07:42 PM
What's Terry Butcher doing these days?

Gardening

KeithTheHibby
25-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Benteke and Delph sold from under him and bought rubbish to replace them. Hard gig and poisoned chalice. Would quite enjoy seeing Villa relegated, been a nothing club for years now.

easty
25-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Always going to happen. You can't lose players like what they've done and not suffer any consequences.

You can, Southampton have shown that you can. You just need to spend the money better. Villa spent pretty big in the summer. Must have been about £40m, spent badly.

I get that they've got some kind of "transfer committee" but Sherwood can't say he had no say. Pre season he was saying how he wanted Lescott and Richards, and he got them. Sherwood was obviously part of the transfer committee, so it's poor to make out like signings weren't his, now they've no worked out. The prick would probably lap up all the praise if all the signings were good.

MWHIBBIES
25-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Been saying it for years, many similarities to us in the sense of constant underachieving for the size of club. Numerous managers failing in a row when the real problem is those above. Lerner is their Petrie and until he pisses off, the problems will persistDoes Petrie own the club and employ himself as chairman?

--------
26-10-2015, 10:28 AM
What irritated me was the way the media acted as if he was the shining light of the "new generation" of English managers.

On MotD it was as if he could do nothing wrong. Gary Monk got a fraction of the praise Sherwood received, yet to date he's achieved much more at Swansea with far less fuss.

ekhibee
26-10-2015, 11:28 AM
You can, Southampton have shown that you can. You just need to spend the money better. Villa spent pretty big in the summer. Must have been about £40m, spent badly.

I get that they've got some kind of "transfer committee" but Sherwood can't say he had no say. Pre season he was saying how he wanted Lescott and Richards, and he got them. Sherwood was obviously part of the transfer committee, so it's poor to make out like signings weren't his, now they've no worked out. The prick would probably lap up all the praise if all the signings were good.
You're quite right, but it's an interesting comparison between a really well run club (Southampton) with a poorly run one. Southampton have really reaped the rewards of an excellent youth academy and taken it from there, getting big bucks for the youth players that chose to stay with the club and progress to the first team a couple of seasons ago. I presume they would've made a few bob as well from the youth players that left the academy and went to other clubs, i.e. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barclay, etc. They're probably the template on which the other clubs should be based, instead of constantly relying on Sky money, which seems to be what Villa have done.

Stevie Reid
26-10-2015, 12:10 PM
You're quite right, but it's an interesting comparison between a really well run club (Southampton) with a poorly run one. Southampton have really reaped the rewards of an excellent youth academy and taken it from there, getting big bucks for the youth players that chose to stay with the club and progress to the first team a couple of seasons ago. I presume they would've made a few bob as well from the youth players that left the academy and went to other clubs, i.e. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barclay, etc. They're probably the template on which the other clubs should be based, instead of constantly relying on Sky money, which seems to be what Villa have done.

I found this a really fascinating read on just why Southampton have gotten so much right these last few years: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

HappyHanlon
26-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Sure I read that Villa adopted the "Moneyball" tactic in the transfer window.

So it looks like there was someone signing players over and above Sherwood. Feel for him but that seems to be the way in the super rich EPL.

Sherwood will end up at Swindon as his best mate, one Lee Power, is chairman.

Alex Trager
26-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I found this a really fascinating read on just why Southampton have gotten so much right these last few years: -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

Interesting stuff.
Feel like we are heading in that direction.

Minus all the computer software that the premier league riches bring mind you

ekhibee
26-10-2015, 10:32 PM

A really interesting read that. Can't help thinking that they're doing it the right way, not relying on some russian, american or arab sugar daddy. Looks like it's a well-structured, well organized club that manages it's finances well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Does Petrie own the club and employ himself as chairman?

Obv not