PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Pages : [1] 2

Northernhibee
25-10-2015, 09:41 AM
You just expect him to score a goal in a game nowadays, still a raw talent which is the most exciting thing. Scores different types of goals, cool and calm penalty taker, real character off the pitch, genuine threat on it.

Think we need to enjoy watching Jase in a Hibs shirt whilst we can. :flag:

BH Hibs
25-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Aye nae doubt the Huns will be in with their 10k bid shortly helped along with their pals in the media.

Baldy Foghorn
25-10-2015, 10:13 AM
33 goals in 75 games (all competitions/other).

He is improving, however according to two wags on the bus yesterday, he will never be a footballer.....Obviously (or I hope) their "opinion" is that of a minority.

JC is improving all the time and certainly knows where the goals are, AS working hard on making him a better all round player....

bingo70
25-10-2015, 10:19 AM
I was one of his doubters in the summer, fair play though he's certainly proving me wrong.

Matter of time until big clubs start sniffing about.

Matty_Jack04
25-10-2015, 10:29 AM
I was one of his doubters in the summer, fair play though he's certainly proving me wrong.

I'm in the same boat bingo I didn't think his overall game was good enough but he's definatley improving that side whilst still scoring goals can't fault the laddy and I'm happy to eat my words long may it continue

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Has improved his game no doubt but as long as he keeps hitting the net I'm not too bothered about what level people think he is at.

FromTheCapital
25-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Starting to prove a lot of people wrong (me included). Still not the finished article and has a few frustrating aspects of his game that needs worked on but he is continuing to score goals and as long as he keep doing that whilst developing as an all round player then we may have a really good player on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
25-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Thought he played really well yesterday.
Truly.

Except from when it was better to square it to Keatings I genuinely thought he had a cracking performance

StevieBoyKdy
25-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Was good to see Stubbs views on him after the game saying when he first came to Hibs Cummings was in a bad habit of always coming towards the ball. Not his best strengths are doing this he went on to say. They've been working with him to try and stay on the shoulder to exploit his pace more. He is the most improved player imo. Still room for improvement though always looking to score when a pass is on, twice this season he has went for goal against Aberdeen when a cut back was on and yesterday he could have got Keatings in to finish off the game. He needs to realise he wil get just as much appreciation for the assist putting goals on a plate rather than trying to score every time.

offshorehibby
25-10-2015, 11:50 AM
The one where the keeper touched it over the bar near the end would have been a peach.

lucky
25-10-2015, 11:56 AM
He's getting better but nowhere near the level of O'Connor, Fletcher or Deeks

Shrekko
25-10-2015, 12:02 PM
33 goals in 75 games (all competitions/other).

He is improving, however according to two wags on the bus yesterday, he will never be a footballer.....Obviously (or I hope) their "opinion" is that of a minority.

JC is improving all the time and certainly knows where the goals are, AS working hard on making him a better all round player....

It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player.

'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything?

We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths.

It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.

bingo70
25-10-2015, 12:08 PM

I'd agree with that but he can only score against the teams he's playing. Until he does that at a higher level then you can't compare him to the names you've mentioned.

Last season I said I think he could struggle if we were to make the step up, this season I think he's playing well enough to be able to handle it.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2015, 12:08 PM
One of the good things to come from Butchers omnishambles. Folks either have short term memories are deluded or perhaps even out of touch with their Hibbyness. That Or trolling tramps/yams.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-10-2015, 12:15 PM
"He used to be a jambo but he's all right now" :singing:

Shrekko
25-10-2015, 12:17 PM

Garry was struggling badly at Hibs when he was 20, having made a big initial impact a couple of years previously. Deek I don't think made his debut until he was 20. So how do you work out he's nowhere near their level?

Nowhere their level when they were 22/23 maybe?

I think you can only really make that comparison when JC has had his career. I'm pretty confident that he'll do better than Deeks and Gaz.

andy1875
25-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I noticed yesterday at the game that Stubbs was talking Jason through the game a lot.

There was a couple of offside decisions that Stubbs wasn't happy with, Jason not watching the line and also pointing out where he was to be whilst Raith were taking a throw in.

There is clearly a huge natural talent in there, and he covers a lot of ground, but I just wonder how much of the Cummings success is down to Stubbs and the coaching staff.

Great to have him around though, a right good player.

Rasta_Hibs
25-10-2015, 12:20 PM
It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player.

'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything?

We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths.

It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.

Well said. We will be lucky to get another 3 seasons out of him until a bigger club comes in, he is a natural goal scorer and we need one of those at this time in our clubs history more than any other time. Thankfully he keeps popping up with goals.

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Id suggest a contract renewal should be discussed in the not too distant future...thinkhe has about 18 months left on current deal.Get him tied downas we have a real talent on our hands and I believe he will only get better

lucky
25-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Garry was struggling badly at Hibs when he was 20, having made a big initial impact a couple of years previously. Deek I don't think made his debut until he was 20. So how do you work out he's nowhere near their level?

Nowhere their level when they were 22/23 maybe?

I think you can only really make that comparison when JC has had his career. I'm pretty confident that he'll do better than Deeks and Gaz.

I never mentioned age. I was comparing ability. I think JC can go on to have a great career. His scoring record is excellent at championship level but he's got a long way to go.

Andy74
25-10-2015, 01:06 PM
I thought he was brilliant yesterday. Seems to be improving on his ability to keep the ball.

Alex Trager
25-10-2015, 01:10 PM
I never mentioned age. I was comparing ability. I think JC can go on to have a great career. His scoring record is excellent at championship level but he's got a long way to go.

Which as was pointed out makes sense since he is only 19.

As others have said, some of the critique is unbelievable.

lucky
25-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Hes a good young player at championship level. But it's still early in his career and he's still developing but I'm not convinced he'll go on to play at a bigger club than Hibs. I hope I'm wrong and Hibs make millions off him

Carheenlea
25-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Id suggest a contract renewal should be discussed in the not too distant future...thinkhe has about 18 months left on current deal.Get him tied downas we have a real talent on our hands and I believe he will only get better

I agree. Tie him down for longer, both for Jason to be on s decent contract and to protect what is an ever more valuable asset for Hibs. He will make us a good few quid in the future I've no doubt. If we were to sign a player with his goals to games ratio we'd be delighted, and he is only going to improve.

Shrekko
25-10-2015, 01:29 PM

Exactly mate- I don't know why folk find that hard to understand. He WILL get even better as the years go on.

I'm pretty sure Garry, Deek and Fletch had the same room for improvement at his age so I really don't see how age ISNT relevant if you're comparing players. If you want to make age irrelevant then Jason is already better than Garry and Derek at this point in time!

erin go bragh
25-10-2015, 06:49 PM

If you compare the above three ,goals to game record at 19 . I'd say Jason has the best record .

GGTTH

AlbertK86
25-10-2015, 06:58 PM
It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player. 'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything? We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths. It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.

Well said mate

Incredible that some fans are so negative about a 20 year old

Lago
25-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Especially if hibs miss promotion this season.

The Sundance Kid
25-10-2015, 07:55 PM
If you compare the above three ,goals to game record at 19 . I'd say Jason has the best record .

GGTTH

I believe that since 2000 the only strikers with better goals per game ratios than Cummings for Hibs are Chris Killen, Anthony Stokes and Leigh Griffiths. Albeit Cummings has scored his against Championship opposition but still a very impressive record

Jack
25-10-2015, 08:06 PM
How can I say I'd like to see him score multiple goals in games, maybe the odd hattrick without it sounding negative?

He's a eye for goal and certainly goes for it but has only scored a double on the odd occasion.

mentalhibee
25-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Thought he played really well yesterday.
Truly.

Except from when it was better to square it to Keatings I genuinely thought he had a cracking performance

He was class yesterday, couldn't blame him for having a shot at the end either thought it was a good effort, good save by Cuthbert.

jdships
25-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Well done Jason " if it aint broken don't mend it "
Even after 75 years of following Hibs one of my top five greats/favourites was Jimmy O'Rourke.
Take a minute to look at his scoring record and you will find that nearly 70% of the goals he scored were aagainst teams in the bottom half of the table
" I rest my case "

:flag:

Seveno
25-10-2015, 08:48 PM
He has really exciting natural talent, pace and energy. I think Stubbs will help him to improve to be a top class striker.

matty_f
25-10-2015, 08:54 PM
I really rate him. Cracking wee player, hope he's at Hibs for years.

Bishop Hibee
25-10-2015, 09:26 PM

He's a totally different kind of player. The type of penalty box player we haven't had for a long time and he's getting better all the time. I wish more of our players had his self-belief.

Centre Hawf
25-10-2015, 10:22 PM

Deeks was a special unique talent, Fletch and O'Connor were/are nothing special. Just useful strikers who know their strengths and had their own limitations. I think if Cummings keeps the head and focuses and works hard he could be better than GOC and Fletch. And will eclipse Deeks career which by and large was a failure.

superfurryhibby
25-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Deeks was a special unique talent, Fletch and O'Connor were/are nothing special. Just useful strikers who know their strengths and had their own limitations. I think if Cummings keeps the head and focuses and works hard he could be better than GOC and Fletch. And will eclipse Deeks career which by and large was a failure.

Contradicting yourself there.

Cummings will be some player if he develops and comes close to either GOC or Fletcher. Here's hoping he cuts it with Hibs in the SPL next season. That would be a good test to see if he can score regularly against better players.

Centre Hawf
25-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Contradicting yourself there.

Cummings will be some player if he develops and comes close to either GOC or Fletcher. Here's hoping he cuts it with Hibs in the SPL next season. That would be a good test to see if he can score regularly against better players.

Agree my post comes across as confusing. In the grand scheme of things I was meaning GOC and Fletcher weren't exactly world beaters. I was more trying to say that to suggest he won't be as good as them is wrong.

Iain G
26-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Agree my post comes across as confusing. In the grand scheme of things I was meaning GOC and Fletcher weren't exactly world beaters. I was more trying to say that to suggest he won't be as good as them is wrong.

Think fletch was and is a better player that GOC or Cummings at present, knocking them in again for a poor Sunderland side, would love to see him given chance at a better epl team.

hibsmad
26-10-2015, 11:00 AM
He knows how to put the ball in the net. He has also improved his game over the last 12 months but for the sake of his own career he needs to continue to do so. I say that based on him moving on from Hibs in the future.

With the riches on offer in England, if he continues to improve on the "other aspects" then he could end up earning some serious cash from the game.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Deeks was a special unique talent, Fletch and O'Connor were/are nothing special. Just useful strikers who know their strengths and had their own limitations. I think if Cummings keeps the head and focuses and works hard he could be better than GOC and Fletch. And will eclipse Deeks career which by and large was a failure.Cummings would do extremely well to be as good as Fletcher, scoring 10/15 goals in the premier league is no joke.

Peevemor
26-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Cummings speaking about McGinn's goal on Saturday - "Unbelievable strike. He’s been watching me in training" :tee hee:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/resilient-hibs-ready-for-clash-with-rangers-1-3927524#axzz3pfnQxx5e

Squealing pig
26-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Id say looks a far better player than fletcher looked when he broke into team first few seasons. Hopefully keeps up the good work

Shrekko
26-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Cummings speaking about McGinn's goal on Saturday - "Unbelievable strike. He’s been watching me in training" :tee hee:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/resilient-hibs-ready-for-clash-with-rangers-1-3927524#axzz3pfnQxx5e

That's another great thing about him- he's actually got a personality. There's really nothing not to like about him if you're a Hibs fan.

BSEJVT
26-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Id say looks a far better player than fletcher looked when he broke into team first few seasons. Hopefully keeps up the good work

I really like Cummings, I think he has done absolutely fantastically for us and will continue to develop but I would have to disagree strongly with the above about him looking better than Fletcher.

From the moment Fletcher broke into the team you could see he was a special talent, originally played in midfield sometimes, to help him develop.

Fletchers problem is and was that he was very one footed and did not / does not score enough tap ins, he also was and is more of a team player and better at holding the ball up and linking play. He has however a penchant for the spectacular goal.

Conversely Jason's problem is that isn't as yet as adroit at holding the ball up and linking play and doesn't as yet score many spectacular goals, he does however have a great knack of scoring tap ins and poachers goals and for being in the right place at the right time.

His all round game is developing well and he looks to have added a considerable bit of pace to the game he had when he first broke through.

Not going to happen but their strengths would complement each other, other than the fact they are both left footed.

CallumLaidlaw
26-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Heard a guy on the train home on Saturday saying that Cummings will have no value until he learns how to head a ball :rolleyes: :tee hee::tee hee:

Smartie
26-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I really like Cummings, I think he has done absolutely fantastically for us and will continue to develop but I would have to disagree strongly with the above about him looking better than Fletcher.

From the moment Fletcher broke into the team you could see he was a special talent, originally played in midfield sometimes, to help him develop.

Fletchers problem is and was that he was very one footed and did not / does not score enough tap ins, he also was and is more of a team player and better at holding the ball up and linking play. He has however a penchant for the spectacular goal.

Conversely Jason's problem is that isn't as yet as adroit at holding the ball up and linking play and doesn't as yet score many spectacular goals, he does however have a great knack of scoring tap ins and poachers goals and for being in the right place at the right time.

His all round game is developing well and he looks to have added a considerable bit of pace to the game he had when he first broke through.

Not going to happen but their strengths would complement each other, other than the fact they are both left footed.

This is, for me, the best thing about him.

He has always been a goalscorer albeit he was raw and had a few rough edges.

He's improving all the time and his all-round game is getting better and better.

He still makes the odd daft decision that can drive you nuts at times but this is happening less and less.

If he keeps improving at the rate he is currently then he will mature into a magnificent player.

Smartie
26-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Heard a guy on the train home on Saturday saying that Cummings will have no value until he learns how to head a ball :rolleyes: :tee hee::tee hee:

If you see that guy again tell him from me that he's the worst manager Scotland has ever had and that he is a Harry Potter lookalike gonk whose eye-bleedingly bad football is intolerable anywhere outside Gorgie.

The_Horde
26-10-2015, 02:35 PM
If you see that guy again tell him from me that he's the worst manager Scotland has ever had and that he is a Harry Potter lookalike gonk whose eye-bleedingly bad football is intolerable anywhere outside Gorgie.

:hilarious

silverhibee
26-10-2015, 04:57 PM

Difference being Fletch was doing it in the big league when he broke through and against better players, Cummings is doing well, would like to see how he copes when we get back in to the top league against a better player.

Alex Trager
26-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Difference being Fletch was doing it in the big league when he broke through and against better players, Cummings is doing well, would like to see how he copes when we get back in to the top league against a better player.

He's showed it at times when we have played SPL sides.

Scored against DU and Aberdeen in the league cup.

Scored twice against a hearts side that strolled this league last season.

jacomo
26-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Cummings would do extremely well to be as good as Fletcher, scoring 10/15 goals in the premier league is no joke.

MOTM for some people in the Tyne and Wear derby this weekend.

Jason Cummings also doing just fine. Keep it up pal.

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Cummings would do extremely well to be as good as Fletcher, scoring 10/15 goals in the premier league is no joke.

That's over 3 seasons presumably?

leithsansiro
26-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Genuine question; who's the last (young) player that we had who got us so excited?

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Genuine question; who's the last (young) player that we had who got us so excited?

Benji??

Billy Whizz
26-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Benji??

What age was Benji when he joined us? Thought he was a lot older than Jason currently is

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 06:57 PM
What age was Benji when he joined us? Thought he was a lot older than Jason currently is

Doesn't stop him being young-everybody is to me:greengrin

HibbyAndy
26-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Fletch also had far better players around him than Cummings presently has.

JC would score goals in the SPL make no mistake about it.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Do comparisons with past players actually help?

Fletch will unlikely return and maybe the real quality players of yester year are just that and we'll be blessed if we see their likes again. One things for sure - Cummings is his own man and a breath of fresh air emerging from the toxicity of the Butcher era.
Sit back and enjoy him whilst he's here.

MWHIBBIES
26-10-2015, 09:56 PM
That's over 3 seasons presumably?Scored 52 premier league goals since he left (only Duncan Ferguson and Kevin Gallacher have more I think), not bad considering the dross he has played with. Injuries/form haven't been great last 2 years but his record for Wolves and Burnley are very impressive. There is a reason Sunderland paid big money for him.

Andy74
26-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Fletch also had far better players around him than Cummings presently has.

JC would score goals in the SPL make no mistake about it.

He's scored against the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton and Rangers so I'm sure the standard of the SPL wouldn't be a huge issue for him.

SunshineOnLeith
26-10-2015, 10:22 PM
That's another great thing about him- he's actually got a personality. There's really nothing not to like about him if you're a Hibs fan.

Sadly, the fact he's not "one of our own" in the same way as O'Connor or Riordan means that there's a section of our support who'll continue to go out of their way to insist he's not as good as those two.

HibbyAndy
27-10-2015, 06:42 AM
He's scored against the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hamilton and Rangers so I'm sure the standard of the SPL wouldn't be a huge issue for him.

Totaly agree Andy.

dchibs
27-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Think it was probaly Harris for me, but you could see his confidence was a set back after his leg break.

Bostonhibby
27-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Sadly, the fact he's not "one of our own" in the same way as O'Connor or Riordan means that there's a section of our support who'll continue to go out of their way to insist he's not as good as those two.
Agree. But we know what the pinnacle of the other twos achievements were. Jason's got it all in front of him.

Up to him really as the quality to do well is there. Supporting the guy and enjoying what he does for Hibs is a pleasure.

J-C
27-10-2015, 09:26 AM

I think that he's turned that around and is at the moment Hibs through and through, the way Hibs have looked after him and the reaction from the fans has turned his head in our favour, you saw what it meant to him when we played them last year. I know he signed a contract not long ago but I'm worried that contract may not be good enough to keep him, he was still a young lad and it wouldn't be for a lot of money, maybe we should be trying to tie him up again for a decent wage at least to keep him happy, before his head can be turned with the promise of extra cash.

JimBHibees
27-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Agree entirely also scored against United in the League cup hopefully something he will repeat next week. His self belief is one of his best assets. Very promising player who will only get better.

eastmainsmsh
28-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Think Rotherham sniffing for January

Eyrie
28-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Think Rotherham sniffing for January

Only until Sunday afternoon, at which point the media will stop reporting their "interest".

Jack
28-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I think that he's turned that around and is at the moment Hibs through and through, the way Hibs have looked after him and the reaction from the fans has turned his head in our favour, you saw what it meant to him when we played them last year. I know he signed a contract not long ago but I'm worried that contract may not be good enough to keep him, he was still a young lad and it wouldn't be for a lot of money, maybe we should be trying to tie him up again for a decent wage at least to keep him happy, before his head can be turned with the promise of extra cash.

When he signed the new contract he was delighted.

There was a clause increasing his basic the more first team games he took part in. Given he's been almost ever present and the goal and win bonuses keep on Cummings ;-) I suspect he's still delighted!

Heisenberg
29-10-2015, 10:35 PM
http://rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/100431/latest-millers-striker-search-hots-up.aspx

Onceinawhile
29-10-2015, 10:57 PM
http://rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/100431/latest-millers-striker-search-hots-up.aspx

Jason Cummings might not be the finished article, but he's far better than Rotherham ffs!

Sergey
29-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Jason Cummings might not be the finished article, but he's far better than Rotherham ffs!

You'll struggle to name a single player that has moved from the Scottish Championship to the English Championship.

I'd defy you to name one without Googling.

zolliehibs
29-10-2015, 11:15 PM
You'll struggle to name a single player that has moved from the Scottish Championship to the English Championship.

Stephen Dobbie and Jason Scotland both got moves from this league to Swansea when they were in the English Championship. Didn't have to google, but honestly it's probably cause they are my team down south...

Haymaker
29-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Stephen Dobbie and Jason Scotland both got moves from this league to Swansea when they were in the English Championship. Didn't have to google, but honestly it's probably cause they are my team down south...

that was quite a while ago iirc

Sergey
29-10-2015, 11:35 PM

that was quite a while ago iirc

Still a spanking answer though.

Andy74
29-10-2015, 11:58 PM

Coll Donaldson would be one. Stephen Kingsley I think another.

CapitalGreen
30-10-2015, 12:03 AM

Leigh Griffiths signed for a Premiership club from Scotland's 2nd tier.

Andy74
30-10-2015, 12:06 AM
I would have to google the names but Falkirk also had another couple recently moving to Swansea. Steve Fulton's son and a guy who had hardly even played for Falkirk.

B.H.F.C
30-10-2015, 12:08 AM

More than one Falkirk player has went down to Swansea. Fulton, Kingsley. Think there was another one in the summer.

Andy74
30-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Andy Halliday?

CapitalGreen
30-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Graham Dorrans also signed for a Premier League club from the Scottish 2nd tier.

James McPake signed for a Championship club from the Scottish 2nd tier.

Onceinawhile
30-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Adam king from hearts to Swansea?

Championship(Scotland) to premiership?

Andy74
30-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Must have been one or two Rangers players from even when they were further down. Rhys McCabe?

Pete
30-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Connor McGrandles might be the one that people are trying to think of.

It's all very well quoting these examples but the increasing gulf in wealth and quality means that these English clubs can take a gamble on young, cheap Scottish talent. A lot of these youngsters don't make the grade and end up getting sold, stuck in the reserves or farmed out to lower league clubs.

They definitely develop better and learn more by moving down south though.

greenlex
30-10-2015, 03:26 AM
I'll not be convinced about Cummings till he's banging them in against the likes of Maidstone.😳

.Sean.
30-10-2015, 04:59 AM
The Rotherham manager would do well to keep his pus shut about players that are contracted to other clubs. Did the Weejie media put him up to that?? Erse.

Pete
30-10-2015, 05:58 AM
The Rotherham manager would do well to keep his pus shut about players that are contracted to other clubs. Did the Weejie media put him up to that?? Erse.

The Rotherham manager is doing nothing wrong here. If anything, all this speculation will be doing is firing up our Jase to prove himself in a hibs shirt.

It's easy to forget how young he is and how much he's been through in his career. He knows he's got what it takes and the big move will come when we are back in the top flight and he's scoring for fun in a comfortable environment.

Even if he does go it's not as if we aren't short of firepower.

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 06:03 AM
The Rotherham manager is doing nothing wrong here. If anything, all this speculation will be doing is firing up our Jase to prove himself in a hibs shirt.

It's easy to forget how young he is and how much he's been through in his career. He knows he's got what it takes and the big move will come when we are back in the top flight and he's scoring for fun in a comfortable environment.

Even if he does go it's not as if we aren't short of firepower.

Well actually he is. He's publicly saying he's interested in a player contracted to Hibs! This can be seen as tapping up a player as he hasn't spoke to Jason or the club. It's very disrespectful to do this and shows to me how amateurish he and his club are.

As for having the firepower Jason would be the biggest loss to Hibs out of all the strikers, his record and stats prove that. He will eventually go that I'm sure of but won't be to them and I'll be surprised if Stubbs doesn't mention something in his interviews regarding all this.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Well actually he is. He's publicly saying he's interested in a player contracted to Hibs! This can be seen as tapping up a player as he hasn't spoke to Jason or the club. It's very disrespectful to do this and shows to me how amateurish he and his club are.

As for having the firepower Jason would be the biggest loss to Hibs out of all the strikers, his record and stats prove that. He will eventually go that I'm sure of but won't be to them and I'll be surprised if Stubbs doesn't mention something in his interviews regarding all this.Barcelona do this literally every summer, it is sadly how football works now.

bingo70
30-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Barcelona do this literally every summer, it is sadly how football works now.

Did they not get a big fine and possibly a transfer ban for tapping up though?

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Barcelona do this literally every summer, it is sadly how football works now.

Don't get me wrong I know this happens but it's mostly done behind closed doors. To come out and say he's a player they want is very disrespectful as the window is shut. You just tell the media nothing and do it the right way.

Andy74
30-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Connor McGrandles might be the one that people are trying to think of.

It's all very well quoting these examples but the increasing gulf in wealth and quality means that these English clubs can take a gamble on young, cheap Scottish talent. A lot of these youngsters don't make the grade and end up getting sold, stuck in the reserves or farmed out to lower league clubs.

They definitely develop better and learn more by moving down south though.

Botti Biabi was the other one I was thinking of now I've looked up his name. Your comment on the gamble is right of course but the suggestion was we would not be able to name any - there are lots of recent examples. Largely Falkirk and Livingston players!

Tyler Durden
30-10-2015, 07:22 AM

As for having the firepower Jason would be the biggest loss to Hibs out of all the strikers, his record and stats prove that. He will eventually go that I'm sure of but won't be to them and I'll be surprised if Stubbs doesn't mention something in his interviews regarding all this.

Bang out of order and also quite strange for a manager to do this in October. Are we paranoid to think this is the work of the Keith Jacksons of this world???

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Bang out of order and also quite strange for a manager to do this in October. Are we paranoid to think this is the work of the Keith Jacksons of this world???

Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Did they not get a big fine and possibly a transfer ban for tapping up though?No, they got it for the shambles that was the Neymar deal. They have been publicly tapping up players for years yet are somehow still seen as some bastion of light within world football.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Don't get me wrong I know this happens but it's mostly done behind closed doors. To come out and say he's a player they want is very disrespectful as the window is shut. You just tell the media nothing and do it the right way.It really isn't, not by Barca at least. Their hounding of Fabregas, including putting a Barcelona shirt on him during Spains world cup celebrations, was shameful but nothing was done. If that is the example being set and it is shown not only to be legal by the lack of punishment but also to work (they got their man) then of course managers from all leagues are going to follow suit.

Thecat23
30-10-2015, 07:57 AM
It really isn't, not by Barca at least. Their hounding of Fabregas, including putting a Barcelona shirt on him during Spains world cup celebrations, was shameful but nothing was done. If that is the example being set and it is shown not only to be legal by the lack of punishment but also to work (they got their man) then of course managers from all leagues are going to follow suit.

Wasn't he a Barca fan though and always stated he wanted to play for them that's why he was wearing the shirt? I agree that it's still bad taste! But believe me not many teams or managers will openly come out when it's not a transfer window and say this!

I know of some English and Scottish teams who have tapped players by getting in touch with their agents. All behind the clubs backs! It will never stop but for him to tell the media this in October is not on. Hope Hibs either call him direct or report him for trying to tap Cummings.

flash
30-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Never understood why Barcelona are put up on a pedestal generally while Real are reviled.
Aye historically I get the reference but nowadays they are both hideous institutions both of whom bully and coerce in much the same way as Celtic and The Rangers did here until recently.
If you want to follow the true peoples team in northern Spain I reckon Athletic Bilbao are your best bet.
Apologies for the thread hijack.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Wasn't he a Barca fan though and always stated he wanted to play for them that's why he was wearing the shirt? I agree that it's still bad taste! But believe me not many teams or managers will openly come out when it's not a transfer window and say this!

I know of some English and Scottish teams who have tapped players by getting in touch with their agents. All behind the clubs backs! It will never stop but for him to tell the media this in October is not on. Hope Hibs either call him direct or report him for trying to tap Cummings.Pique and Reina forced the shirt over his head on stage during a time when Xavi was in the papers every week talking rubbish about Barca DNA and Arsenal holding him prisoner. It was a disgusting saga and Barca were extremely disrespectful throughout.

Hibs can report all they like, there is nothing in the rules against it.

CapitalGreen
30-10-2015, 10:03 AM
No, they got it for the shambles that was the Neymar deal. They have been publicly tapping up players for years yet are somehow still seen as some bastion of light within world football.

No they didn't. I was for breaking rules in respect to the registration of young players at their Academy. It related to the registration of a young South Korean player.

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Graham Dorrans also signed for a Premier League club from the Scottish 2nd tier.

James McPake signed for a Championship club from the Scottish 2nd tier.

Snodgrass also I think.

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 10:09 AM

I know of some English and Scottish teams who have tapped players by getting in touch with their agents. All behind the clubs backs! It will never stop but for him to tell the media this in October is not on. Hope Hibs either call him direct or report him for trying to tap Cummings.

Fabregas started his career at Barca Academy from ages of 10 to 16. Joined Arsenal at 16.

MWHIBBIES
30-10-2015, 10:31 AM
No they didn't. I was for breaking rules in respect to the registration of young players at their Academy. It related to the registration of a young South Korean player.Fair enough. Seem to have broken enough rules when it comes to the Neymar deal as well hence my mistake.

CapitalGreen
30-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Snodgrass also I think.

Leeds were in League 1 at that time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Deila was there watching him today.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Hun Slayer, 6th goal against them I think.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Hun Slayer, 6th goal against them I think.

5 goals in 7 against them. 👏🏻

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Thought he was brilliant today, great goal and really sharp.

3pm
01-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Rotherham will have been impressed. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Doubt it...more likely checking on Hendersons progress.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Onion
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Really like JC as a player and a character. Not especially talented, big or quick but like many of the best strikers, gets 110% out of his unshakable self-confidence. Who knows how far he'll go in the game but has every chance of being Hibs POTY and will score a bundle this season.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM

Watching Hibs, potential opponents in the League Cup

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Doubt it...more likely checking on Hendersons progress.

Also that. But he and Souttar of united are on the smellies radar. Hopefully he wont make any moves for him though.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Thought he was brilliant today, great goal and really sharp.

There were times he left two or three defenders for dead with his pace He really is improving and I had great view of his Strike .
Should of had a second but there is no doubt if he keeps up this level of Performance he will be scouted and we could well get Bids .We need to come out early and state he won't go in this window .He isn't out of contract in the Summer so no need to sell him in January and if anything give him a new contract now with improved pay if that's what it takes as he is central to our Promotion hopes

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM
There were times he left two or three defenders for dead with his pace He really is improving and I had great view of his Strike .
Should of had a second but there is no doubt if he keeps up this level of Performance he will be scouted and we could well get Bids .We need to come out early and state he won't go in this window .He isn't out of contract in the Summer so no need to sell him in January and if anything give him a new contract now with improved pay if that's what it takes as he is central to our Promotion hopes

Agree game is coming on brilliantly. Hold up play was great and what a goal. Well done JC.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 08:13 PM
I agree give him a decent extension now pre January

Bostonhibby
01-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Rotherham will have been impressed. :greengrin

Rotherham? FFS if he keeps this up then by the next time we face the team formerly known as glasgow rangers he might end up being mysteriously linked to the even better sounding Rotherhithe, not quite the dump Rotherham is apparently...............

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 08:15 PM
The hammer of the huns.

Northernhibee
01-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Has the potential to be a striker at the highest level IMO - we often forget just how young he actually is. Amazing attitude, is always improving and is a name you just expect to see on the scoresheet at some point during the day. Unless a club wants to stump up well over a million for him I say we tell them to shove it :thumbsup:

Aldo
01-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Did everything right today for me..... Barring one thing ... His one on one. His hold up play, running the channels and his superb finish are enough for me to see he has the makings of a great footballer.

Ronniekirk
01-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Did everything right today for me..... Barring one thing ... His one on one. His hold up play, running the channels and his superb finish are enough for me to see he has the makings of a great footballer.

Spot on Aldo was right in line with it and was up lot Ma seat assuming he would score .Then we had Malonga trying to square to him when Malonga should have shot himself or decided earlier he was passing to Cummings
For all Rangers possession and there near misses we created a few ourselves .

Aldo
01-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Spot on Aldo was right in line with it and was up lot Ma seat assuming he would score .Then we had Malonga trying to square to him when Malonga should have shot himself or decided earlier he was passing to Cummings For all Rangers possession and there near misses we created a few ourselves .

He'll learn Ronnie and with the assistance and tutorial of a former fans favourite things are looking good for Jason. His movement, chest down and then the pace to take him away from a couple of Hun defenders was superb. Finish let him down tho (as we all know)

I also think Dom's work rate and unselfishness helps Jason but he still works very very hard.

Libby Hibby
02-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Jason Cummings baby...Jason Cummings whoaaaaooo oooo oooh 💚💚

Hermit Crab
02-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Jason Cummings baby...Jason Cummings whoaaaaooo oooo oooh 

Embarrassing song that!

lord bunberry
02-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Embarrassing song that!
To who?

Libby Hibby
02-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Embarrassing song that!

I quite like it

Borderhibbie76
02-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Embarrassing song that!
In what way??

Northernhibee
02-11-2015, 08:14 PM
In what way??

Copying the sheep

Borderhibbie76
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Copying the sheep
I honestly don't get that. ..it's a song about 1 of our best players. Many football songs from different teams are sang to the same tunes...ton me it doesn't make it embarrassing at all...just my opinion mind

Libby Hibby
02-11-2015, 08:17 PM

FranckSuzy
02-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Embarrassing song that!

You're quite right, far better to sing about paedophiles, a player's girlfriend and deceased former Chairmen :agree: :wink:

R'Albin
02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Copying the sheep

They copied the David Gray song so fair game.

SunshineOnLeith
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Embarrassing song that!

Embarrassing, whoooooooaaa oooohhh ooohhh :partyhibb

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2015, 09:15 PM
You're quite right, far better to sing about paedophiles, a player's girlfriend and deceased former Chairmen :agree: :wink:

:top marks.......A song about our player, amen to that

Ryan91
02-11-2015, 09:46 PM
He'll learn Ronnie and with the assistance and tutorial of a former fans favourite things are looking good for Jason. His movement, chest down and then the pace to take him away from a couple of Hun defenders was superb. Finish let him down tho (as we all know)

I also think Dom's work rate and unselfishness helps Jason but he still works very very hard.

Looking back over Jason's one-on-one he did all the right things apart from the finish. He's hit it high, looks like he's trying to scoop it over the keeper and into the net, rather than hitting it low, something for him to learn from, though I suspect having two The Rangers defenders closing him down may have rushed him a little

J-C
02-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Looking back over Jason's one-on-one he did all the right things apart from the finish. He's hit it high, looks like he's trying to scoop it over the keeper and into the net, rather than hitting it low, something for him to learn from, though I suspect having two The Rangers defenders closing him down may have rushed him a little

Don't think he expected the keeper to save it with his face also.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2015, 11:58 PM
5 goals in 7 against them. 

2 in the 3-1 win
1 in the 4-0
1 in the play offs
penalty in the petrofac cup
Sunday.

That is 6.

03-11-2015, 12:16 AM
And some people say he's not good enough to head down south - Zing he scores again, and again!

Said it before he's a raw talent. Great potential but needs to be coached - Hat off to Stubbs/Holden and Doolan cos they are making him a better player week by week.
We all would love the best young players to stay at Hibs but Jason's time will come and if he keeps progressing then I fear it will be sooner than later.

My big fear is there will undoubtedly be a hole in the balance sheet because of a second year in the Championship, especially with the crowds we're getting. I just hope he's not sold on the cheap in January or next summer to plug the gap in the balance sheet.

Can any of the stato's on here dig out his goals per game ratio v that of Miller/Riordan/O'Connor/Fletcher at the same age?

The Sundance Kid
03-11-2015, 12:44 AM
And some people say he's not good enough to head down south - Zing he scores again, and again!

Said it before he's a raw talent. Great potential but needs to be coached - Hat off to Stubbs/Holden and Doolan cos they are making him a better player week by week.
We all would love the best young players to stay at Hibs but Jason's time will come and if he keeps progressing then I fear it will be sooner than later.

My big fear is there will undoubtedly be a hole in the balance sheet because of a second year in the Championship, especially with the crowds we're getting. I just hope he's not sold on the cheap in January or next summer to plug the gap in the balance sheet.

Can any of the stato's on here dig out his goals per game ratio v that of Miller/Riordan/O'Connor/Fletcher at the same age?

At the age Cummings is now (taking only into account their games for Hibs and not loans to lower league teams) the goals per game ratios of the 5 mentioned shows just how impressive Cummings goal scoring is:
Cummings 34 goals in 76 games (0.45 goals per game)
O'Connor 18 goals in 53 games (0.34)
Miller 11 goals in 38 games (0.29)
Fletcher 27 goals in 116 games (0.23)
Riordan 1 goal in 15 games (0.07)

In fact with 21st Century Hibs strikers only Killen, Stokes and Griffiths have better goals per game ratios than Cummings has, albeit he has done it at Championship level.

As an aside it's crazy how many games Fletcher had played by the time he was just over 20, and crazy how few Riordan had for Hibs.

heretoday
03-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Killen. I'd forgotten about him.

Ryan91
03-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Killen. I'd forgotten about him.

Great striker, but his time with us was ridden with injuries, couldn't seem to get healthy

03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
At the age Cummings is now (taking only into account their games for Hibs and not loans to lower league teams) the goals per game ratios of the 5 mentioned shows just how impressive Cummings goal scoring is:
Cummings 34 goals in 76 games (0.45 goals per game)
O'Connor 18 goals in 53 games (0.34)
Miller 11 goals in 38 games (0.29)
Fletcher 27 goals in 116 games (0.23)
Riordan 1 goal in 15 games (0.07)

Well done Sundance Kid. So only Fletcher had played more games at the same age but Cummings is miles in front on the Goals per Game ratio. Ok factor in much of this has been in the Championship but still a great return from someone so young. If he screws the nut and continues to progress the lads got a bright future.

scoopyboy
03-11-2015, 12:35 PM
I honestly don't get that. ..it's a song about 1 of our best players. Many football songs from different teams are sang to the same tunes...ton me it doesn't make it embarrassing at all...just my opinion mind

I would rather have Jase, Jase super Jase ........................................Super Jason Cummings

IMO :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2015, 12:43 PM
I would rather have Jase, Jase super Jase ........................................Super Jason Cummings

IMO :greengrin
Yeah am liking that 👍

Lucius Apuleius
03-11-2015, 12:47 PM
The Times today Ricky Sbragia likening him to Rossi. :thumbsup:

Lago
03-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Fulham suposedly showing some interest. Have to hope the boy's head isn't turned by the media reports or his agent.

Libby Hibby
03-11-2015, 01:00 PM

Peevemor
03-11-2015, 01:01 PM
The Times today Ricky Sbragia likening him to Rossi. :thumbsup:

:confused:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/status-quo-performing-21.jpg

offshorehibby
03-11-2015, 01:18 PM
it's probably been mentioned else where, when's his contract up.

Lucius Apuleius
03-11-2015, 01:30 PM
:confused:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/status-quo-performing-21.jpg

:greengrin Don't think he meant our Francis.

lord bunberry
03-11-2015, 01:31 PM
it's probably been mentioned else where, when's his contract up.
End of next season I think.

offshorehibby
03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
End of next season I think.

I thought it was, i'd like nto think there are some kind of talks behind closed doors to tie him down for a couple of more years yet.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2015, 01:33 PM
:greengrin Don't think he meant our Francis.

He certainly scored a Piledriver on Sunday :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-11-2015, 01:44 PM
He certainly scored a Piledriver on Sunday :greengrin

I was going to add to the puns but it would probably just go down down from here on in!

Hiber-nation
03-11-2015, 02:17 PM
I was going to add to the puns but it would probably just go down down from here on in!

Whatever you want then!

lord bunberry
03-11-2015, 02:55 PM
I thought it was, i'd like nto think there are some kind of talks behind closed doors to tie him down for a couple of more years yet.

You would certainly think so, if he keeps improving and scoring at the rate he is now he's going to be worth a lot of money.

frazeHFC
04-11-2015, 10:01 AM
"Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs is "relaxed" about the mounting interest in striker Jason Cummings. Huddersfield, Fulham, Rotherham, Bolton and Burnley all had scouts watching the 20-year-old score his 11th goal of the season at the weekend.*Scotsman"

Heisenberg
04-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Fulham have become the latest club to be linked with striker Jason Cummings, who has scored 11 goals this season with five in his last five games.

Stubbs said: “It doesn’t surprise me. The way we approach it is to tell him to keep doing what he’s doing.

“If he keeps scoring, we know there’s going to be interest in him at a high level. We’re relaxed about that.

“Would we sell if a club made a bid? We’ll cross that bridge in January.”

Wee extract from Stubbs on JC....

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 07:45 PM

Nakedmanoncrack
07-11-2015, 07:49 PM
How did he miss the one he managed to get over the bar from almost on the line today though? Shocking, hopefully enough to put off any interested parties.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2015, 07:50 PM
How did he miss the one he managed to get over the bar from almost on the line today though? Shocking, hopefully enough to put off any interested parties.Because it came at him waist height extremely fast? Pretty easy chance to miss.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 08:12 PM

Oh Jason Cummings baby....

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I really think we, as fans, need to acknowledge him more in games, either this song needs to take off or find another song but I don't think we are doing enough to praise him...Malonga, does a run or has a shot and we all break into chorus, not that he doesn't deserve it, more that Jason deserves to be shown how much we appreciate him...

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 08:23 PM
I really think we, as fans, need to acknowledge him more in games, either this song needs to take off or find another song but I don't think we are not doing enough to praise him...Malonga, does a run or has a shot and we all break into chorus, not that he doesn't deserve it, more that Jason deserves to be shown how much we appreciate him...

I agree, he needs to know how much we love him. I've offered to let him sleep with my Mrs but he refused the offer as he's not blind.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:30 PM
How did he miss the one he managed to get over the bar from almost on the line today though? Shocking, hopefully enough to put off any interested parties.

:agree: To any scouts reading this thread, he's pish and of no use to anyone.

That John McGinn is utter garbage as well.

Libby Hibby
10-11-2015, 08:35 PM

erin go bragh
10-11-2015, 08:39 PM
"He's one of our own ,he hates the hearts , Jason Cummings , he's one of our own "

GGTTH

Jim44
11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
On FF they're debating whether or not Sevco should make a bid for Cummings in January, whether as a serious bid or a derisory, upsettling one to attract offers from Celtic and lowly English clubs. Bunch of Baldricks. If Cummings is as ordinary a player as most of them say he is, why are they bothering at all? Surely they're not sensing a challenge from the upstarts in Leith.:rolleyes:

DavieRoy
11-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Cummings is good at the Sega Mega Drive and music quizzes too!!!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10063460/scotland-u21s-looking-back

Weststandwanab
11-11-2015, 12:20 PM
On FF they're debating whether or not Sevco should make a bid for Cummings in January, whether as a serious bid or a derisory, upsettling one to attract offers from Celtic and lowly English clubs. Bunch of Baldricks. If Cummings is as ordinary a player as most of them say he is, why are they bothering at all? Surely they're not sensing a challenge from the upstarts in Leith.:rolleyes:

Only problem with that is Smeltic may come in with an offer that the Club Accepts

Jim44
11-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Only problem with that is Smeltic may come in with an offer that the Club Accepts

If Celtic wanted Cummings, they wouldn't just act upon a ruse by Sevco, as they arguably did with SA.

CentreLine
11-11-2015, 01:57 PM
I really think we, as fans, need to acknowledge him more in games, either this song needs to take off or find another song but I don't think we are doing enough to praise him...Malonga, does a run or has a shot and we all break into chorus, not that he doesn't deserve it, more that Jason deserves to be shown how much we appreciate him...

Jason Cummings baby...Jason Cummings whoaaaaooo oooo oooh 

Come on! It has to be "Have you seen the muffin man"

Everyone knows it and it can have any number of verses to suit the occasion :dunno:

Weststandwanab
11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Come on! It has to be "Have you seen the muffin man"

Everyone knows it and it can have any number of verses to suit the occasion :dunno:

Change lives in Drury lane to scores in every game !

CentreLine
11-11-2015, 02:09 PM
:thumbsup:
Change lives in Drury lane to scores in every game !

Smartie
11-11-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd be astonished if there wasn't some sort of ding-dong between Hibs and Rangers again this transfer window.

I think they did quite well out of the SA saga. Getting the ball rolling 3 days before the Petrofac game, nobbling Allan (who had been outstanding in our previous friendlies) at a time when we didn't have many fit midfielders undoubtedly helped them to their 6-2 victory. That was a victory that got a lot of the "hordes" to sit up and take notice, they sold a lot of season tickets and raised a lot of money off the back of that. It helped them to create their feeling of invincibility at the start of the season and has fooled a lot of teams into thinking they are beaten before they even play Rangers, even though we've now beaten them and several teams (St Mirren, Falkirk and QotS) have run them close.

I'd say that we've had the last laugh though. By engineering SA's move to Celtic, we've managed to more than just replace him but put in place a very powerful midfield unit whereas before it was all dependant on the mood of one player.

They will think they can cause similar upheaval for us again. Cummings would be the most obvious target, but they may just choose to go for whichever player seems most likely to have his head turned and try there (Malonga maybe?)

They need to be careful though. We seem to have a pretty tight unit at present and they may end up inflicting more damage on themselves than us.

I can see our battle with them going to the wire. Mind games may well come into it at more than one point.

jacomo
11-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Well, it's not going to be a serious offer is it?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Won't happen. Collins has already said that Scottish players are not good enough to play for Celtc.

Weststandwanab
11-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Won't happen. Collins has already said that Scottish players are not good enough to play for Celtc.

That is assuming Collins is still employed by Celtic come January

Come on Ross County you win and its David Moyes for the Weeg !

Stuarty27
12-11-2015, 07:09 PM
We should get him tied down on long term deal.

HibsNutter
12-11-2015, 07:22 PM
No chance he will go to Celtic imo, in their position they'll be looking for a striker proven in Europe given recent failings of even LG at that level, rather than one yet to prove himself in the SPL (no disrespect to JC, as I'm sure he will more than prove himself at that level in time with us).

I imagine that Stubbs will rightly convince him that we are the best club for him to develop and I expect him to remain a Hibs player until the end of next season at least.

easty
12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I imagine that Stubbs will rightly convince him that we are the best club for him to develop and I expect him to remain a Hibs player until the end of next season at least.

We'll get promoted this season, and if he keeps scoring like he has been then I'd be surprised if we can hold on to him past the January 2017 transfer window. Hope so though.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-11-2015, 07:48 PM
The daily record will have him sold in January then they will be phoning hibs for their commission

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Scored for Scotland tonight.............

Jonnyboy
13-11-2015, 11:13 PM

And voted man of the match :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2015, 11:16 PM

Magic......He is buckling down and it is showing in spades.............

FranckSuzy
13-11-2015, 11:19 PM

Deek's influence :agree: :thumbsup:

PatHead
13-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Magic......He is buckling down and it is showing in spades.............

Genuine question - Has Deeks had an influence? Is he a Duncan Ferguson type influence at Everton?

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Genuine question - Has Deeks had an influence? Is he a Duncan Ferguson type influence at Everton?

JC said it was great to learn from DR in a recent interview.

Libby Hibby
14-11-2015, 07:02 AM

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-11-2015, 07:11 AM
My new man crush....:cool2: :greengrin

matty_f
14-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Eight successive scoring games. Very impressive!

hibsbollah
14-11-2015, 08:56 AM

Fingers crossed its eight for Hibs on Tuesday. One closer to Joes record.

Eyrie
14-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Great to hear that he scored last night. It's not just his goal scoring though as his all-round play has continued to develop nicely.

Deek's influence :agree: :thumbsup:

This will be the next Daily Record headline - "Cummings under the influence" :wink:

FranckSuzy
14-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Great to hear that he scored last night. It's not just his goal scoring though as his all-round play has continued to develop nicely.

This will be the next Daily Record headline - "Cummings under the influence" :wink:

:agree: :rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-11-2015, 10:57 AM
I was told a couple of weeks ago that Celtic are keeping close tabs on JC. No reason to doubt the person that told me as they are usually spot on. There will be a lot of interest in him, he'd be silly to leave us now though. I can only assume we will be attempting to get another year or so added on to his current contract. Hope so anyway!

Nameless
14-11-2015, 11:10 AM

Knowing the DR editorial policy, it's more likely to be "Hibs legend admits grooming youngster".

whiskyhibby
14-11-2015, 11:51 AM
I was told a couple of weeks ago that Celtic are keeping close tabs on JC. No reason to doubt the person that told me as they are usually spot on. There will be a lot of interest in him, he'd be silly to leave us now though. I can only assume we will be attempting to get another year or so added on to his current contract. Hope so anyway!

I think JC can set his sights far higher than Celtic if his form continues

PatHead
14-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Fingers crossed its eight for Hibs on Tuesday. One closer to Joes record.

What is the record?

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-11-2015, 12:46 PM

Agreed. I said the same about Deek though. Hopefully that's something else that Riordan is currently teaching him.
On a slightly related note, remember Fletch going in a wee cream puff because Petrie wouldn't accept Celtic's offer for him? He's had a far better career as a result of us not letting him move West

Leithenhibby
14-11-2015, 12:47 PM

Just oozing confidence at moment :wink:

Watching him last night, he has come on a bundle..........

lord bunberry
14-11-2015, 01:44 PM
What is the record?
10 consecutive games.

PatHead
14-11-2015, 02:16 PM
10 consecutive games.

Ta

jacomo
14-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Aye but how many times have we said this eh?

Mind you, Riordan can maybe tell him about the perils of moving to Celtic if you are not sure of a starting place. Being behind LG in the pecking order would not be a happy situation - he might be 1st choice there for years.

whiskyhibby
14-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Aye but how many times have we said this eh?

Mind you, Riordan can maybe tell him about the perils of moving to Celtic if you are not sure of a starting place. Being behind LG in the pecking order would not be a happy situation - he might be 1st choice there for years.

Any player wants to play in the best possible league against the best players week in week out, he's hardly going to get that at Celtic is he?........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
14-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Scored 1 and 1 assist :agree: The laddies on fire .

Jim44
14-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Just oozing confidence at moment :wink:

Watching him last night, he has come on a bundle..........

Alan Preston, today, said Cummings like the others in the team, were less than ordinary last night. Just saying, not agreeing.

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Alan Preston, today, said Cummings like the others in the team, were less than ordinary last night. Just saying, not agreeing.

Hmm. Thought he was very good last night.

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2015, 12:15 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/14/bdc1d0c63b110b2ae8095442a493ee1c.jpg

lord bunberry
15-11-2015, 01:40 AM
Jason Cummings baby, Jason Cummings oh oh oh

Super_JMcGinn
15-11-2015, 04:22 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/brighton-join-chase-jason-cummings-6834702

Borderhibbie76
15-11-2015, 04:25 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/brighton-join-chase-jason-cummings-6834702
Here we go again...Daily Ranger at its unsettling best

Hibbyradge
15-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Here we go again...Daily Ranger at its unsettling best

I'd be extremely surprised if the story wasn't true, though.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2015, 05:17 PM

Maybe Calderwood offering us a bag of sweeties for him

Bishop Hibee
15-11-2015, 05:37 PM
If we are to have any chance of promotion we need to keep him. Stay down and he'll leave, go up and we've a chance of keeping him for a bit longer.

Jim44
15-11-2015, 07:25 PM
I think he will stay till at least summer. The only slight issue is that he saw SA flashing the fingers at Hibs and getting quite a big money move. On the other hand he will have seen that SA's career is on hold at a time when he should be playing first team football regularly.

Haymaker
15-11-2015, 07:30 PM
18 months left on his contract?!

JimBHibees
15-11-2015, 08:12 PM

He's talking bollox then Cummings was excellent as was McGinn and IMO King also.

Jim44
15-11-2015, 08:18 PM
He's talking bollox then Cummings was excellent as was McGinn and IMO King also.

I didn't bring Preston's comment up to cast any doubt about JC. I thought he and most of the Scottish team had decent games. I was pinpointing the fact that, in a climate where Cummings is getting plaudits and great publicity, Preston couldn't hide his agenda, and chose to talk him down.

JimBHibees
15-11-2015, 08:23 PM
I didn't bring Preston's comment up to cast any doubt about JC. I thought he and most of the Scottish team had decent games. I was pinpointing the fact that, in a climate where Cummings is getting plaudits and great publicity, Preston couldn't hide his agenda, and chose to talk him down.

Yep agree Preston is a knob and his anti Hibs agenda is appalling.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2015, 08:50 PM

He was talking about the previous under 21s game wasn't he? And he never singled out Cummings.

Tell you what there are some posters on here with more of an agenda than he has.

3pm
15-11-2015, 09:20 PM

Yes. Guy scores for fun = interest from elsewhere.

Aldo
15-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Yep agree Preston is a knob and his anti Hibs agenda is appalling.

Yip he sure is and I totally agree with the 2nd part!

bod
15-11-2015, 09:29 PM
wouldn't be surprised if we weren't already trying to extend his contract

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Yip he sure is and I totally agree with the 2nd part!

You don't listen to Radio Scotland though so how do you know?

Mr White
15-11-2015, 09:53 PM

Sometimes you just know. You know?

Aldo
15-11-2015, 09:53 PM

Indeed I don't (haven't done so for a good numbers of years) but I did and from what's been posted on here he hasn't changed!!

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Indeed I don't (haven't done so for a good numbers of years) but I did and from what's been posted on here he hasn't changed!!

As much as I hate to defend the wee fanny the posters criticising him have got it wrong. They clearly didn't listen to it and just posted to suit their agenda.

Best to make your own mind up.

Mr White
15-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Best to make your own mind up.

:agree:

He's a jambo ****.

Jim44
15-11-2015, 09:59 PM
He was talking about the previous under 21s game wasn't he? And he never singled out Cummings.

Tell you what there are some posters on here with more of an agenda than he has.

I am sure he was talking about the most recent game and certainly did mention Cummings by name. Bang on the nose with your second comment.

Aldo
15-11-2015, 10:02 PM
As much as I hate to defend the wee fanny the posters criticising him have got it wrong. They clearly didn't listen to it and just posted to suit their agenda. Best to make your own mind up.

My mind DH is and will always be made up about Preston

Grade A yam roaster fud of the highest order!

Simple as that!!

silverhibee
15-11-2015, 10:04 PM
I expect a few bids in January for Cummings from clubs down South.

If the right bid comes in will Hibs turn it down.

What do folk think Cummings could bring in a fee.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2015, 10:10 PM
I am sure he was talking about the most recent game and certainly did mention Cummings by name. Bang on the nose with your second comment.

The bit I heard was referring to the game at Pittodrie (I think) which was just before the big team game v Gibraltar. He said the team looked out their depth, he mentioned a few one of which was "Cummings never got a kick"

Hibby Bairn
15-11-2015, 10:15 PM
I quite like Preston.

Re a fee. Not much right now. If he still banging them in this time next year in the SPL and maybe a wee sniff at the Scotland squad then defo 7 figures.

Jim44
15-11-2015, 10:18 PM
The bit I heard was referring to the game at Pittodrie (I think) which was just before the big team game v Gibraltar. He said the team looked out their depth, he mentioned a few one of which was "Cummings never got a kick"

I was listening to it on a short trip in my car, so admit that I didn't hear the full discussion. I thought he was talking about the night before's game and thought his comment about Cummings was unfair in that context.

Danderhall Hibs
15-11-2015, 10:19 PM
I was listening to it on a short trip in my car, so admit that I didn't hear the full discussion. I thought he was talking about the night before's game and thought his comment about Cummns was unfair in that context.

If it had been in that context it definitely would've been unfair.

Benny Brazil
15-11-2015, 10:21 PM

The other knob on the Sportsound team Richard Gordon was discussing the U21's game yesterday and was full of praise for McGinn - even feint praise for Hibs in how we have helped develop him since he signed for us.

Sir David Gray
15-11-2015, 10:30 PM

I don't see any club making the sort of offer that Hibs would accept right now.

Haymaker
15-11-2015, 10:39 PM

With 18 months left on his deal? It will be small.

Ronniekirk
15-11-2015, 11:13 PM

He is our top scorer ,so unless Stubbs has a better replacement lined up I think he is too valuable for us to sell in January if we are serious about promotion
I know what you are getting at ,every player has his price ,but I genuinely believe he is enjoying playing in this team with lots of other exciting young talent and he will want to stay and win us promotion .
Hibs also know if they hang on to him and he keeps scoring his value increases.

It's a no brainer all round to keep him given he isn't out of contract next summer

B.H.F.C
15-11-2015, 11:27 PM
He is our top scorer ,so unless Stubbs has a better replacement lined up I think he is too valuable for us to sell in January if we are serious about promotion
I know what you are getting at ,every player has his price ,but I genuinely believe he is enjoying playing in this team with lots of other exciting young talent and he will want to stay and win us promotion .
Hibs also know if they hang on to him and he keeps scoring his value increases.

It's a no brainer all round to keep him given he isn't out of contract next summer

I don't see us selling in January. But his value certainly won't increase when come next summer he'll be entering the last year of his contract.

Would be surprised if we aren't trying to extend his contract. Whether him (or his agent) would want to extend is a different question.

Centre Hawf
16-11-2015, 02:19 AM
I don't see us selling in January. But his value certainly won't increase when come next summer he'll be entering the last year of his contract.

Would be surprised if we aren't trying to extend his contract. Whether him (or his agent) would want to extend is a different question.

It get's said all the time and never seems to make a lick of difference when the saga kicks off. But I do honestly feel if we go up and Jason stays with us for an extra season it'll do wonders for his reputation and ability as a footballer than if he say moves down in January or this summer.

He'll be 21 at the start of next summer, still a very young age. Jason's career can go VERY far but he just needs to take it one step at a time and not get a head of himself. I can never grudge a player wanting to move to further themselves and they get themselves the right move at the right time.

16-11-2015, 03:44 AM

Certainly deserves a new longer contract. His goals could be the difference this season.
All this paper talk of clubs being interested if his agent is worth anything he should be getting his client a new deal on increased terms.
We all want to keep him but his time will come to move and the longer the club has on his contract the better. If the Club allows him to run down his contract we face a Riordan scenario where he leaves for buttons and the last thing we want/need is a repeat of that.

Get the boy on a 4 (like McGinn) or 5 year deal asap and if someone is serious and wants to bid for him at least we'll get the right price. If we don't the club are taking a big risk.

Get the boy on a decent deal, treat him right, let Stubbs and his team keep developing him and we have an asset. He's a kid that obviously response to positivity. Keep him happy, keep him motivated and we all win come the time for him to move. Just don't make it until after we get promotion this season.

The Yams must be sick at how he's developed since they kicked him out.

anon1875
16-11-2015, 03:45 AM
I would cash in if I'm brutally honest. Think he is a decent player who is scoring goals against part time players in a poor league and if we got good money for him I would take it considering the time left on his contract.

Libby Hibby
16-11-2015, 06:41 AM
Good players come, good players go...it's an essential part of football but after the summer with the way we handled the Scott Allan saga, I now trust Hibs to do the right thing for the club and the supporters...with that in mind, I don't think Cummings will be going anywhere soon but whilst he is our player, banging in goals, let's enjoy him, let's appreciate him and who knows, we may even start singing a song about him (and who knows but perhaps our support to him may entice him to commit to Hibs for that wee bit longer when the bigger opportunities start knocking)....

...Jason Cummings baby...Jason Cummings whoaaaaooo oooo oooh 💚💚

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2015, 06:51 AM
I would cash in if I'm brutally honest. Think he is a decent player who is scoring goals against part time players in a poor league and if we got good money for him I would take it considering the time left on his contract.

:faf: You'd cash in rather than try and keep him, FFS you lot are not trying that hard these days. :lolyam:

JimBHibees
16-11-2015, 07:03 AM
:faf: You'd cash in rather than try and keep him, FFS you lot are not trying that hard these days. :lolyam:

I agree with the guy, would sell him back to Hearts for 20k and a bag of jelly babies which is seen as a registered form of currency at Tynecastle. :greengrin

Jim44
16-11-2015, 07:36 AM

Aye, ok Rod. :greengrin

Waxy
16-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Cummings and Keatings.Massive mistakes from the jamboids.

green day
16-11-2015, 12:06 PM

Aye ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Real conversations overheard in my office last week - two hearts fans chatting about Cummings and Keatings.

One of them shows a degree of realism that both players have demonstrated that they can score goals, the other seems to show signs of the hurt at letting these players go.

Jambo 1 "I heard that hibs were looking to offload Cummings at the start of the season because of all the off field stuff"

Jambo 2 "Really? But to be fair that seems to have calmed down and there is nothing untoward going on"

Jambo 1 "Aye but this came from his agent, same one as as (insert name of promising jambo youngster) uses - plus Cummings is only scoring in the Championship"

Later.................

Jambo 2 " Another hat trick from Keatings, cant be many have scored for both Hibs and Hearts, eh?"

Jambo 1 "The story coming out of Riccarton is that hearts emptied Keatings because he couldnt hack the triple sessions that Robbie had in place"

Jambo 2 " Aye but he definitely knows where the goals are"

Jambo 1 "Aye, but the championship is his level"

See a pattern here???