PDA

View Full Version : Colour clash today

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Dark blue with white sleeves v dark green with white sleeves . Add a low sun and it was almost impossible to make out who was who. I am amazed the ref allowed that. It seemed to affect us more than them as we struggled to put more than two passes together.

hibsbollah
24-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Really? According to Derek Ferguson (ok i know) we were passing it around really well first half.

B.H.F.C
24-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Dark blue with white sleeves v dark green with white sleeves . Add a low sun and it was almost impossible to make out who was who. I am amazed the ref allowed that. It seemed to affect us more than them as we struggled to put more than two passes together.

Didn't affect us in the first half when we knocked the ball about well. Wasn't too bad when the sun disappeared but really difficult prior to that.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2015, 06:28 PM
noticed the clash straight away, god help people with dodgy eyes, the only difference i could make out was the stripe down the shorts of the RR kit

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Didn't affect us in the first half when we knocked the ball about well. Wasn't too bad when the sun disappeared but really difficult prior to that.

When the ball was rattling about the other end in the second half it looked like Raith had a dozen players in the box.

Kojock
24-10-2015, 06:33 PM
noticed the clash straight away, god help people with dodgy eyes, the only difference i could make out was the stripe down the shorts of the RR kit

We had white socks and Raith had dark socks, apart from that it was difficult to tell the teams apart.

Kojock
24-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Really? According to Derek Ferguson (ok i know) we were passing it around really well first half.

Hibs were excellent in the first half and played some great football culminating in two superb goals. It was only after Raith scored that we seemed to panic a bit.

Golden Bear
24-10-2015, 06:36 PM
I watched it on Raith Tv when they eventually got it up and running and it was very difficult to distinguish between the teams.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2015, 06:37 PM

Said this on the main thread, can't believe the ref allowed this to happen

Smartie
24-10-2015, 06:44 PM
I think the bottle green strips are really smart but this kind if thing is definitely a weakness and winds me up.

I've struggled to make us out against Falkirk, Dundee, Raith - even Hearts at one point a few years ago.

I also like the purple away kit but maybe we should have something lighter for when we play teams with darker tops?

Nothing ruins a game like a colour clash, not that you see it that often.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 06:57 PM
I think the bottle green strips are really smart but this kind if thing is definitely a weakness and winds me up.

I've struggled to make us out against Falkirk, Dundee, Raith - even Hearts at one point a few years ago.

I also like the purple away kit but maybe we should have something lighter for when we play teams with darker tops?

Nothing ruins a game like a colour clash, not that you see it that often.

We coped not to bad in the first half but I think it affected our passing game in the second. I am sure some of the players from both sides were making comments to the ref about it in the first half.

lord bunberry
24-10-2015, 07:00 PM
I struggled all game to tell the 2 teams apart, it was worse when they were front on as you couldn't see the numbers.

givescotlandfreedom
24-10-2015, 07:01 PM
It bothered me too and I don't think the sun helped either.

Golden Bear
24-10-2015, 07:02 PM
It seems such a basic thing for both teams and the match officials to get so wrong. Hopefully a lesson has been learnt.

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 07:05 PM
It seems such a basic thing for both teams and the match officials to get so wrong. Hopefully a lesson has been learnt.

It just underlines how incompetent these officials are nowadays.

Thecat23
24-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Looking at the pics on Facebook some put up, I was struggling to tell the teams apart!

IWasThere2016
24-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Yup. Wasn't easy to always make out who was who IMHO

Smartie
24-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Is there much they could have done though?

What is Raith's away top like? (I honestly don't know). Should they be expected to wear their away top at home? It's not really their fault that both our kits are difficult to distinguish from their home one?

I'd have though that our purple number would clash with their top even more?

Golden Bear
24-10-2015, 07:12 PM

What is Raith's away top like? (I honestly don't know). Should they be expected to wear their away top at home? It's not really their fault that both our kits are difficult to distinguish from their home one?

Bring back the all white strip! It's not often we meet Real Madrid!

mim
24-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Several times I misread what was happening at the far end because of the glare. Should not have been allowed to wear such similar strips 😒

LaMotta
24-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Given how dark the home top is the purple away strip was a daft idea!

greenlex
24-10-2015, 07:48 PM

If there was a clash and our away strip was also clashing surely Raith wearing their away kit would have made sense? You would assume its different enough from their home one? I'm sure there was a game where the visiting team had to borrow the home teams away strip once but I'm buggurd if I can remember who and when. Ref msut have been happy enough.

Andy74
24-10-2015, 07:51 PM

I struggled with it too. My eyes are dodgy at the best of times though.

Baldy Foghorn
24-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I struggled with it too. My eyes are dodgy at the best of times though.

You could tell by the socks only, but really hard to distinguish.......

Smartie
24-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I had a wee look on their website and their away kit is a combination of dark green and black.

I remember them wearing white against us at one point although that may have been last season?

http://www.raithrovers.net/shop#!/~/product/id=63463&prid=0&ctid=1&scid=1&tp=pl

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Given how dark the home top is the purple away strip was a daft idea!

That's right. If the dark green strip clashes , I would think the purple/blue strip would as well. Did they not wear it at Dumfries and it clashed with Queens strip?

StevieBoyKdy
24-10-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm colour blind and today was tough. Specially with white sleeves each and white shorts each.

Andy74
24-10-2015, 09:32 PM
That's right. If the dark green strip clashes , I would think the purple/blue strip would as well. Did they not wear it at Dumfries and it clashed with Queens strip?

I think the all purple would have been better than what we had. At least sleeves and shorts would have been clearer.

silverhibee
24-10-2015, 10:22 PM
You could tell by the socks only, but really hard to distinguish.......

The ref must have realised there was a clash of strips and at HT asked Hibs or Raith to change strips.

Pretty obvious really.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Surely we could wear last seasons white strip if need be? Same sponsor, both Nike so no reason not too. Or we could wear green shorts as we have in the past

CallumLaidlaw
25-10-2015, 01:19 AM
Said to my dad as soon as the teams came out the tunnel that it was an awful clash and makes you wonder why we chose a purple away strip. It didn't seem to affect the players much BUT I remember 1 pass in the first half that I remember thinking the Hibs player CLEARLY got confused and passed it to a Raith player as there was no Hibs players within 20 yards of the Raith player.

Bristolhibby
25-10-2015, 06:50 AM
3rd strip anyone?

Thistle kit?

J

Pretty Boy
25-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Raith wore white against us at ER this season.

Don't see why the ref couldn't have asked them to do so again yesterday. Is wearing your home strip at home really that important? I remember us wearing purple at ER against Celtic in the early 00s, we were 4-0 down by half time that day right enough.

Mr White
25-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Raith wore white against us at ER this season.

Don't see why the ref couldn't have asked them to do so again yesterday. Is wearing your home strip at home really that important? I remember us wearing purple at ER against Celtic in the early 00s, we were 4-0 down by half time that day right enough.
I think we wore white at home a couple of times last season too? Or am I imagining that.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2015, 08:17 AM
I think we wore white at home a couple of times last season too? Or am I imagining that.

You're right.

Definitely against Alloa and sure there was at least 1 other game.

lucky
25-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Even on the goals thread it's difficult to see who's who. We need a white away strip

Danderhall Hibs
25-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Even on the goals thread it's difficult to see who's who. We need a white away strip

We should just have the opposite of the home strip.

Loads of folk wanted purple though and the club gave them it.

Bayern Bru
25-10-2015, 08:49 AM
If there was a clash and our away strip was also clashing surely Raith wearing their away kit would have made sense? You would assume its different enough from their home one? I'm sure there was a game where the visiting team had to borrow the home teams away strip once but I'm buggurd if I can remember who and when. Ref msut have been happy enough.

Coventry v Chelsea years ago. Chelsea had to borrow Coventry's red and black chequered away kit.

Coventry won 3-1, Strachan playing as well (http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/chelsea-gianfranco-zola-coventry-city-away-kit-blunder-premier-league-2384742.aspx).

More info on colour clashes here (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/oct/05/knowledge-teams-wearing-opponents-kit)

Keith_M
25-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't Hibs purple strip, which isn't all that dark, have made a decent contrast?

worcesterhibby
25-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Just watched the goals and it's mental how hard it is to tell the teams apart.

Franksaysno
25-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I found it really difficult at times to tell the teams apart yesterday. It may not have been so difficult for the players but with the low sun in your eyes it was a nightmare for the fans. It wasn't great at Falkirk either.

I wonder if anyone takes the fans perspective into account when deciding if a change is required?

Billy Whizz
25-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Anyone spoken to any players since the game, wonder if they Hibs/Raith raised it as an issue

greenlex
25-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Coventry v Chelsea years ago. Chelsea had to borrow Coventry's red and black chequered away kit.

Coventry won 3-1, Strachan playing as well (http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/chelsea-gianfranco-zola-coventry-city-away-kit-blunder-premier-league-2384742.aspx).

More info on colour clashes here (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/oct/05/knowledge-teams-wearing-opponents-kit)
Ta

Bill Milne
26-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Poor refereeing to allow such an obvious clash of strip on a day when the sun made it very difficult to distinguish the strips from the stands!!

Baldy Foghorn
26-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Poor refereeing to allow such an obvious clash of strip on a day when the sun made it very difficult to distinguish the strips from the stands!!

Your eyesight must be really bad, if you couldn't distinguish the strips from the stands. The stands are massive:aok:

iwasthere1972
26-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Your eyesight must be really bad, if you couldn't distinguish the strips from the stands. The stands are massive:aok:

:greengrin

ancient hibee
26-10-2015, 07:00 PM
I've always thought we should have a green and white striped away strip in the style of Argentina.'s blue and white.

cabbageandribs1875
26-10-2015, 07:03 PM
I've always thought we should have a green and white striped away strip in the style of Argentina.'s blue and white.

a few posters on here would be apoplectic if we wore the design of shirt we first played in when we first formed

would be quite funny watching though

Keith_M
26-10-2015, 07:13 PM
a few posters on here would be apoplectic if we wore the design of shirt we first played in when we first formed

would be quite funny watching though

Really? What's controversial about a white shirt with a Harp on it?