PDA

View Full Version : Get yerself along next week if you can!

3pm
24-10-2015, 04:36 PM
'Mon the Hibs.

California-Hibs
24-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Not one to be missed that's for sure, could be a bit special! Wish I was going! You'll hear me from California if, ack WHEN, the ref blows the full time whistle and we've won! :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2015, 04:57 PM
You would think that some of the stay aways would make the effort for this one. But we all know whats coming on this thread don't we.

HoboHarry
24-10-2015, 05:04 PM
You would think that some of the stay aways would make the effort for this one. But we all know whats coming on this thread don't we.
I'll come if you can pick me up at my house.....

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2015, 05:10 PM
I'll come if you can pick me up at my house.....

If I had a spare seat ( which I wont ) and you're house was on the A7 ( which I'm guessing its not ) ..... I would :aok:

HoboHarry
24-10-2015, 05:12 PM
If I had a spare seat ( which I wont ) and you're house was on the A7 ( which I'm guessing its not ) ..... I would :aok:
Your car would have to be able to swim as well.....

:greengrin

andy1875
24-10-2015, 05:14 PM
My first away game the day (with the exception of Tynie) since our Scottish Cup Sparky hat-trick at Killie.

Got the appetite back for away games and if we beat the Rangers next week, then our season really takes off.

Well done the day though Hibs and looking forward to next week.

GGTTH

SaulGoodman
24-10-2015, 05:14 PM
I'll come if Petrie leaves.

:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Your car would have to be able to swim as well.....

Oh here we go ...... I live in the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany etc, etc ...... the usual pathetic excuses :grr:

Lee Marvin
24-10-2015, 05:19 PM
My prediction is 15k

seanshow
24-10-2015, 05:37 PM
My prediction is 15k

with admission at 28 sheets, i would think 13K will be more likely

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2015, 05:40 PM
I'll come if they arrest and publicly flog any Hun who signs sectarian songs.

Lee Marvin
24-10-2015, 05:47 PM

If there are less than 12k hibs fans for this we really have lost thousands who are unlikely to ever return.

johnbc70
24-10-2015, 06:29 PM
I am going, first game this season.

scoopyboy
24-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Oh here we go ...... I live in the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany etc, etc ...... the usual pathetic excuses :grr:

You've missed out "I don't like early kick offs" and "I don't like Sundays". :greengrin

Seriously though, if you can make it next Sunday please attend and lets put the pressure on those horrible specimens from the west.

.Sean.
24-10-2015, 06:37 PM
See no reason we shouldn't be looking at 16-17k for this.

The stayaways must be running out of excuses surely.

scoopyboy
24-10-2015, 06:39 PM
See no reason we shouldn't be looking at 16-17k for this.

The stayaways must be running out of excuses surely.

Are you working? :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Your old boy enjoyed his ciders today and your wee bruv won the sweep yet again!!!!!

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 07:03 PM
The clocks will have changed and it will be too cauld. Summer fitba please!

IWasThere2016
24-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Off to Newcastle-Stoke and staying overnight as the boy has a Scottish Cup tie in Duns on the Sunday. We'll need to be a lot better than the second half today as that was poor..

Thecat23
24-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Can't wait for it. If anyone on here is debating to come all I can say is, The more Hibs fans there to back the team the better chance we have of lifting the players. Let's pack the ground so when they walk out the hair on their necks stand up.

Shut the away end up and take three points then it really is GAME ON!

snedzuk
24-10-2015, 07:32 PM

you best make sure no-one sees you!

Sir David Gray
24-10-2015, 07:33 PM

Most Sevco fans struggle with the English language so I would have thought that sign language would be beyond most of them. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Absolutely buzzing for this game next week, cannot wait.

If St Mirren could get something tomorrow, a victory next week puts us within one win of them and it would really makes things exciting again.

Even if they win tomorrow, if we can win next week then it's down to five points which could be easily overcome when there would still be more than 20 games left.

Hopefully there's a large home crowd next week, the players really deserve the backing of the fans.

hibsbollah
24-10-2015, 07:40 PM
The garden really is a state and the clocks are going back soon so I really have to maximise the chances I've got to clear up all the fallen leaves. Cue the uberfans :rolleyes:

EastCalderHibby
24-10-2015, 07:41 PM

sorry to disappoint i stay in east calder but me and the son WILL be there :greengrin
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

bingo70
24-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Absolutely buzzing for this game next week, cannot wait.

If St Mirren could get something tomorrow, a victory next week puts us within one win of them and it would really makes things exciting again.

Even if they win tomorrow, if we can win next week then it's down to five points which could be easily overcome when there would still be more than 20 games left.

Hopefully there's a large home crowd next week, the players really deserve the backing of the fans.

Hopefully it's a bit (or a lot) demotivating for them that they've been hammering teams but we're still in touching distance.

If they drop points in their next two games Warburton could have a job on his hands lifting their spirits.

.Sean.
24-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Are you working? :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Your old boy enjoyed his ciders today and your wee bruv won the sweep yet again!!!!!
He's won that sweep mare times in six months than I've won it in six years!

Frazerbob
24-10-2015, 09:10 PM
I find out tomorrow if my step son has been selected for a big rugby tournament in St Andrews next Sunday. If selected, I will be there to support him, thus missing the game. Am I a bad parent if I suggest to his coach that he isn't fit?

Alfred E Newman
24-10-2015, 09:20 PM
I find out tomorrow if my step son has been selected for a big rugby tournament in St Andrews next Sunday. If selected, I will be there to support him, thus missing the game. Am I a bad parent if I suggest to his coach that he isn't fit?

Absolutely not.

stoneyburn hibs
24-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Will be surprised if the attendance is anymore than 13k, sadly.
The Hibs "fans" that continue to stay away are fast running out of excuses. Starting to get on my goat.

Dav1986
24-10-2015, 09:54 PM
I have a Scottish cup game on the Sunday afternoon which I'm thinking my team will have to play without me. Can't make many games due to work but the games I've been to this year, I have caught the bug again. Been more this season already than I managed all of last season.

silverhibee
24-10-2015, 10:19 PM
'Mon the Hibs.

Only if you turn up for the V & Cs. :thumbsup:

pacorosssco
24-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Huge game , full 3 sides massive boost, hope we can show team backing, blaming fans for not going/coming back wont help though. I live abroad but theose who support week in weeke are legends. It is easy to say ill be there but money is tight for all. I hope have big crowd but dont look down cause people cant make it. Times change for all. Heres to those that can make it doo. I have been every week supporter it cost money and time. I am not now but others are. Long may that continue

Jonnyboy
24-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Some more of this please :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA

Sir David Gray
24-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Some more of this please :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA

One of the best matches I have ever attended.

Probably in my top three or four.

I would love to have a repeat next Sunday.

Ronniekirk
24-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Silver to start the match day Thread and go for his hat trick of three wins on the trot .count me in .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
24-10-2015, 11:49 PM

I'm quick to defend Hibs on prices because I can see the need to maximise income to pay for the squad we have and our no doubt hefty infrastructure running costs, but this is the one area where I find it difficult to do so. £28 for a Championship match is asking too much, no matter who its against, and there's no doubt that lately that's been born out by the no better than average home fans turn outs for these games.

£25 is still a good bit over the normal cost, but I think a lot more fans would go 'oh well I suppose' if it was that price..... £28 is different, its too far north of the regular cost in my opinion, its near enough £30 which would be too steep for a premier league Cat A game, never mind the league below that, and the evidence is pretty clear that its putting folk off.

I don't have a lot of time for some of the reasons folk give for not going, but £28 is an amount I would guess a lot of people simply cant afford and Hibs need to recognise that.

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Will be surprised if the attendance is anymore than 13k, sadly.
The Hibs "fans" that continue to stay away are fast running out of excuses. Starting to get on my goat.

Who are these folk that continue to make excuses, and why do they get on your goat? :confused:

CallumLaidlaw
25-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Really looking forward to this one. This run of games is great. Dreading the return of Dumbarton/Alloa/Livingston etc on the schedule. I'm sure whatever fans are there will make a great noise. As a season ticket holder with a child, I've been impressed by the pricing by Falkirk & Raith in our last 2 games. £28 seems crazy for a championship game. Hopefully there will still be plenty keen to pay this for a game that could really get us right back into the title race.

frazeHFC
25-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Not been at a game since Livi away, been itching to get to one. Not missing this one that's for sure!

iwasthere1972
25-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Me and my brother will be there as usual. Looking forward to it already. Hopefully St Mirren can takes points off them tomorrow.

Mr White
25-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Coming home for this one. We're winning next week :flag:

lucky
25-10-2015, 07:33 AM
I'm quick to defend Hibs on prices because I can see the need to maximise income to pay for the squad we have and our no doubt hefty infrastructure running costs, but this is the one area where I find it difficult to do so. £28 for a Championship match is asking too much, no matter who its against, and there's no doubt that lately that's been born out by the no better than average home fans turn outs for these games.

£25 is still a good bit over the normal cost, but I think a lot more fans would go 'oh well I suppose' if it was that price..... £28 is different, its too far north of the regular cost in my opinion, its near enough £30 which would be too steep for a premier league Cat A game, never mind the league below that, and the evidence is pretty clear that its putting folk off.

I don't have a lot of time for some of the reasons folk give for not going, but £28 is an amount I would guess a lot of people simply cant afford and Hibs need to recognise that.

Spot on. I'm a ST holder but I think a lot of fans will just watch it on TV in the house or pub. £28 is way over the top even by Hivs standards. Ticket pricing is the one area that LD has got seriously wrong since she came to Hibs

.Sean.
25-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Spot on. I'm a ST holder but I think a lot of fans will just watch it on TV in the house or pub. £28 is way over the top even by Hivs standards. Ticket pricing is the one area that LD has got seriously wrong since she came to Hibs
Do folk seriously not go cause it's 28 quid instead of say 23? If you're scrimping over a fiver you should be prioritising your money better than trips to the football anyway.

Since90+2
25-10-2015, 08:12 AM
£28 for a match in the second tier of Scottish football is ridiculous.

hfc rd
25-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Really gutted I won't be available to make it up to Edinburgh next week for this as got a wedding that I need to attend. Hopefully we get the 3 points.

Will definitely be at the Dundee United game on the Wednesday. Will be purchasing the ticket online later this evening.

GGTTH

Peanut Shaz
25-10-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm bringing a friend along. First game for her at ER. She's a bit of a glory hunter turning up for big cup games etc, but managed to get her to this one as she hates The Rangers with a passion.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 09:31 AM
£28 is steep no doubt about it but folk who cannot afford to attend would surely struggle to attend even if the cost was £22. There's a difference in not attending as a matter of principle due to the cost and actually not being able to afford it.

silverhibee
25-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Silver to start the match day Thread and go for his hat trick of three wins on the trot .count me in .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best post on this thread. :thumbsup:

bingo70
25-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Do folk seriously not go cause it's 28 quid instead of say 23? If you're scrimping over a fiver you should be prioritising your money better than trips to the football anyway.

I think everyone has a cut off point when they just think enough is enough. I reached that point at tynecastle 5 or 6 years ago, the difference was probably less than a fiver but I just felt I never enjoyed myself enough there to warrant just paying whatever they wanted.

Now I'm out the habit of going there I can't see that changing for a while, I imagine the same applies to many regarding the prices at Easter road.

silverhibee
25-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Sorry Sean, but £28 to watch a game of football in this league is a ****ing joke, I will make it next weekend but a lot of folk won't because of the price, it's the championship league in Scottish football were playing in, not the Champions League.

The club are taking the piss asking this price. £28 ****ing quid, if Petrie was still in charge and asking this amount there would be protests at the main door about it.

silverhibee
25-10-2015, 11:15 AM
£28 is steep no doubt about it but folk who cannot afford to attend would surely struggle to attend even if the cost was £22. There's a difference in not attending as a matter of principle due to the cost and actually not being able to afford it.

The average price to get in to games in this league a few seasons ago was £14, remember we are not in the top flight anymore, so £28 for a game of football in this league is quite simply a rip off.

familyman
25-10-2015, 11:20 AM
'Mon the Hibs.
Yes this is big match and we need to show we can indeed win games by more than 1 goal and finally show folks we are serious challengers not just hanging on to save the day!!!
A good win will be a real tonic....

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 11:45 AM
The average price to get in to games in this league a few seasons ago was £14, remember we are not in the top flight anymore, so £28 for a game of football in this league is quite simply a rip off.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Ahm comin home for this one on saturday mornin, good sports weekend and bevvy,watch dons game and rugby, then off tae ER on sun. Cannae wait.

Bishop Hibee
25-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Agree. £23 may be 'only' a fiver cheaper but a lot of pay-at-the-gate fans will have a cut off point. For many working class fans £28 represents a decent chunk of their weekly income. No walk up price should be more than £20 for adults and £5 for under 16s.

.Sean.
25-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm genuinely no meaning to sound arsey about it, if you can afford 23 quid you can afford 28 I'm sure. The way I see it is if you really want to go you'll pay the 'going rate' anyway.

Thats no me agreeing with the price btw, 28 quid is scandalous at this level but when you've got season ticket holders paying the best part of 400 quid you're no gonna get in on the cheap.

Just pay it and get along and support them...The team both warrant it and need it. **** Rangers :aok::flag:

B.H.F.C
25-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm genuinely no meaning to sound arsey about it, if you can afford 23 quid you can afford 28 I'm sure. The way I see it is if you really want to go you'll pay the 'going rate' anyway.

Thats no me agreeing with the price btw, 28 quid is scandalous at this level but when you've got season ticket holders paying the best part of 400 quid you're no gonna get in on the cheap.

Just pay it and get along and support them...The team both warrant it and need it. **** Rangers :aok::flag:

Agree with that.

Really hope we can get a good crowd in. Biggest game we've had since being in this league IMO, outwith the playoff games. It's the first time we've really had a chance to make up any ground and get to within a reasonable distance of the leaders, this year or last.

SkintHibby
25-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm bringing a friend along. First game for her at ER. She's a bit of a glory hunter turning up for big cup games etc, but managed to get her to this one as she hates The Rangers with a passion.

Who doesn't?:agree:

SkintHibby
25-10-2015, 01:54 PM
£20 we would fill Easter Road. £28 no chance.

SkintHibby
25-10-2015, 01:57 PM

Some people forget there are non Edinburgh Hibees like me who have additional costs even getting to Edinburgh before we have even bought a ticket for the match. £28 is scandalous.

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Some people forget there are non Edinburgh Hibees like me who have additional costs even getting to Edinburgh before we have even bought a ticket for the match. £28 is scandalous.

Not forgotten you guys at all, agreed it's a scandalous price but not something that would prevent you because of cost. I agree if you have a cut off price you are willing to pay then that is fair enough.

keep the faith
25-10-2015, 02:15 PM
£20 we would fill Easter Road. £28 no chance.

I disagree. I think it's apathy which has set in and 8 quid won't change that. We need commitment and passion from more. I know it's not easy and times are hard but it's what we are missing at times compared to some other clubs support.
A real shame as I love watching the side develop. People who can afford to return and can't are really missing out.

FranckSuzy
25-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I understand that £28 may be too expensive for some fans, and I'm sorry if that's the case. However, if we get a similar game/scoreline as the game in Dec, it'll be worth every penny! £7 a goal :thumbsup:

silverhibee
25-10-2015, 03:07 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you.

Just as well.

Pete
25-10-2015, 03:14 PM
If there are less than 12k hibs fans for this we really have lost thousands who are unlikely to ever return.

I don't get this notion that fans are lost permanently.

They'll soon get back into it once we are back in the top flight and doing well (like we should be).

Phil MaGlass
25-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I understand that £28 may be too expensive for some fans, and I'm sorry if that's the case. However, if we get a similar game/scoreline as the game in Dec, it'll be worth every penny! £7 a goal :thumbsup:

Not a dig at you but I think realistically 28 quid is too much fot all supporters whether they can afford it or not r

silverhibee
25-10-2015, 03:24 PM

I really don't think the £5 difference is the problem, folk won't be thinking," well if it was £5 cheaper i would go", simply they see £28 and go there is no chance i can afford this/ or quite simply it is to dear to watch a game of football in the lower leagues of Scottish football, and £28 is kicking the ass out of it.

Can't wait for it. :thumbsup:

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
25-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Not a dig at you but I think realistically 28 quid is too much fot all supporters whether they can afford it or not r

It's only walk-up fans that will be affected though, that was my point :aok:

Alfred E Newman
25-10-2015, 03:40 PM
I don't follow other clubs sites but I wonder if they have threads like this every time an important game comes along where certain supporters try to make a case for not going.

Sir David Gray
25-10-2015, 03:45 PM
**** Rangers :aok::flag:

Amen to that brother. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
25-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I don't follow other clubs sites but I wonder if they have threads like this every time an important game comes along where certain supporters try to make a case for not going.

I wonder too if other clubs have constant threads with folk trying to tell other folk that they have to justify not attending.

scoopyboy
25-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Everybody agrees that £28 is too much but unfortunately that's the price Hibs have set so it's a case of you pay it if you want to be at Easter Road to watch it.

I have genuine sympathy for good Hibbies that cannot afford to go, especially those who have maybe two or more kids that they feel they couldn't go to the game without.

I also feel for people who are ill, have to work, have family commitments or are otherwise disposed.

It's the arsey fans who can afford to go and have nothing better to do that get on my thruppny bits. Generally it's the same guys that whinge the most when we don't get promoted but don't see the irony in that they aren't helping by staying away.

To go to the extreme if we all stayed away there would be no Hibs as we would fold, thankfully that will never happen but the more fans that turn up the better to try and get us out this hole.

mcfly
25-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Look it's as simple as this no one complains at £28 for a cup final ticket??

This is our cup final -win it and the belief is back we can win the league. Lose and it's too big a gap

So stop whining get a ticket for the game and get behind this team. We are on a great run Easter road will be bouncing when we beat them next weekend.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
25-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Look it's as simple as this no one complains at £28 for a cup final ticket??

This is our cup final -win it and the belief is back we can win the league. Lose and it's too big a gap

So stop whining get a ticket for the game and get behind this team. We are on a great run Easter road will be bouncing when we beat them next weekend.

GGTTH

Pretty much sums things up.

If we lose next week, I feel the league will be pretty much done and dusted.

If we can get a win, the belief will be back that we can put a challenge into Sevco for the title.

NAE NOOKIE
25-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I still think everybody who can should make the effort to go to this one ... you're no use to Hibs in front of the telly in yer hoose or doon the pub.

I highlighted the cost simply because I genuinely think it does put some folk off and as someone else said, for a lot of folk there is a cut off point where even if they can afford it they just feel they cant justify paying it. If you are one of those people all I can say is ..... screw the cost, get oot there and back yer team :aok:

:flag:

Benny Brazil
25-10-2015, 05:33 PM

Hopefully just a mistype there lucky?

AlbertK86
25-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I still think everybody who can should make the effort to go to this one ... you're no use to Hibs in front of the telly in yer hoose or doon the pub. I highlighted the cost simply because I genuinely think it does put some folk off and as someone else said, for a lot of folk there is a cut off point where even if they can afford it they just feel they cant justify paying it. If you are one of those people all I can say is ..... screw the cost, get oot there and back yer team :aok: :flag:

Your first paragraph is spot on

We need as big and noisy a backing as possible

It was no coincidence that the noisy backing helped against the sheep and was never more apparent than when we destroyed them at ER this time last year

Hope everybody is harassing the life out of any lapsed fans they know to get along

GGTTH

lord bunberry
25-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I think we all agree that £28 is a scandalous price for the league we're in, but now isn't the time make a stand against it. We need a big noisy support roaring on the team next week, if you can afford it you should go.