PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Derby

Forza Fred
24-10-2015, 09:34 AM
0-0 at half time in the Sydney derby between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers in front of a full house of 40 thousand plus.

Western Sydney the slightly more enterprising and had a hotly disputed decision go against them with the last header of extra time when what looked like a fine goal was written off due to the linesman flagging for offside.

Not real worried who wins..my natural preference is for the team from the west, but I've stuck 20 bucks on Sydney Rangers, so we'll be happy with anything but a draw.

Therefore almost a certainty to end in a draw:greengrin

Replays suggest the goal should have stood....but as the saying goes..if yer auntie etc

3pm
24-10-2015, 10:19 AM
0-0 at half time in the Sydney derby between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers in front of a full house of 40 thousand plus.

Western Sydney the slightly more enterprising and had a hotly disputed decision go against them with the last header of extra time when what looked like a fine goal was written off due to the linesman flagging for offside.

Not real worried who wins..my natural preference is for the team from the west, but I've stuck 20 bucks on Sydney Rangers, so we'll be happy with anything but a draw.

Therefore almost a certainty to end in a draw:greengrin

Replays suggest the goal should have stood....but as the saying goes..if yer auntie etc

Tick tock.... :greengrin

3pm
24-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Goal!

Forza Fred
24-10-2015, 10:34 AM
1-0 to Sydney Rangers.

Wanderers can consider themselves very unlucky.

I'm off to count my winnings though, and get ready to read the updates from the town of Raith later tonight, early tomorrow.

magnificent_seven
24-10-2015, 11:47 AM
1-0 to Sydney Rangers.

Wanderers can consider themselves very unlucky.

I'm off to count my winnings though, and get ready to read the updates from the town of Raith later tonight, early tomorrow.

Used to have a season ticket for Sydney FC so that will always be my Ozzie team! West Sydney are quite a new team I think? Only a couple of years old?

Forza Fred
24-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Used to have a season ticket for Sydney FC so that will always be my Ozzie team! West Sydney are quite a new team I think? Only a couple of years old?

Indeed, this is only their fourth season I think, but they play to packed houses. And have galvanised the west.

They even won the Asian Club Championship in their second season but had a disastrous season last season.

Salary Cap rules mean in Oz their can't be domination from ugly sisters:wink: