PDA

View Full Version : Apoel Fans

inglisavhibs
23-10-2015, 02:43 PM
At the Apoel Europa League match last night. Fans were awesome and sang for 90 min non stop despite going behind early on. Deserved win in the end. Interesting that they seemed to be allowed to set off rockets from the stands during the match with no stoppage in play! Great passion for their team.

Nameless
23-10-2015, 03:41 PM
I think what Greek fans are "allowed" to do is a fluid concept, given that it would be a brave copper who waded in to stop them.

Albanian Hibs
23-10-2015, 03:44 PM
I think what Greek fans are "allowed" to do is a fluid concept, given that it would be a brave copper who waded in to stop them.

They are Cypriot??

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Yeah Cypriot!

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-10-2015, 04:49 PM
UEFA would hang British teams out to dry if we did this, always double standards with Greek/Turkish etc teams get away with it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Apoel have a great Argentinian forward called Caveneghia I think? Used to sign him on fm all the time, he must be a fair age now?
They also have an incredible goalie called boy Waterman!

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

HappyAsHellas
23-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Flares and rockets are not allowed officially at grounds in Greece as you can see here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQl3aF0xY_M

Bishop Hibee
23-10-2015, 06:55 PM
No pyro no party. UEFA like a paranoid dictatorship won't even allow booing of their anthem let alone flares etc.

Atmosphere at ER is dire just now. A win tomorrow would make for a good atmosphere v Newco. Shame about the Sunday lunchtime KO as the atmosphere is rarely as good as a 3pm one.

Andy74
23-10-2015, 07:23 PM
I was at Sporting Lisbon last night and their singing section was behind the goal. Great noise made all game in an otherwise pretty low key game.

lucky
23-10-2015, 08:31 PM
I've been to a couple of their games over the years. Traveled on a supporters bus from Limassol. Really fanatical fans. I enjoyed the experience but I'd rather watch Hibs away at Ross County at midnight on Christmas Day. Just not the same without love 😄

Itsnoteasy
24-10-2015, 02:31 AM
At the Apoel Europa League match last night. Fans were awesome and sang for 90 min non stop despite going behind early on. Deserved win in the end. Interesting that they seemed to be allowed to set off rockets from the stands during the match with no stoppage in play! Great passion for their team.

I was at AEK game in Athens. That was wild. Guy at top of 30ft high fence burning American flag. Also got pelted with anything that they could throw at us.

LancsHibs
24-10-2015, 05:20 AM
Apoel are Cypriot not Greek

inglisavhibs
24-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Apoel are Cypriot not Greek

Yes, the game was in Nicosia although it was against a Greek team Asteras Trioplolis.Going to a 2nd Division match at Polis this afternoon. Crowd should be around 200!

God Petrie
24-10-2015, 07:30 AM
I was at AEK game in Athens. That was wild. Guy at top of 30ft high fence burning American flag. Also got pelted with anything that they could throw at us.

Yeah the police took all our coins and lighters then we spent entire 90 minutes getting pelted with coins and lighters.

Keith_M
24-10-2015, 07:38 AM
They are Cypriot??

I thought it was in Tel Aviv

:embarrass

MoscowHibs
24-10-2015, 09:54 AM
They are Greek Cypriot to be precise. I went to see them regularly when I was living in Nicosia and the derbies against Omonia were mental. Recently the trouble after games has been bad but the Cypriot police being pussies doesn't help.

Sprouleflyer
24-10-2015, 01:34 PM
They are Greek Cypriot to be precise. I went to see them regularly when I was living in Nicosia and the derbies against Omonia were mental. Recently the trouble after games has been bad but the Cypriot police being pussies doesn't help.

Where Cillian Sheridan now plays.