PDA

View Full Version : Tonights matches

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Celtic getting turned over....2 nil already - Gordon looking shaky...A couple more and Ronnie could also be on a shaky peg...

bingo70
22-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Celtic getting turned over....2 nil already - Gordon looking shaky...A couple more and Ronnie could also be on a shaky peg...

Delia seems like a total fud so I'd be quite happy if he got punted.

I've always liked Scott Brown but I'm not sure he's at the level Celtic want to be at now, think he could start to get phased out of Celtic soon.

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 07:40 PM

I've always liked Scott Brown but I'm not sure he's at the level Celtic want to be at now, think he could start to get phased out of Celtic soon.

Think you're right on this one- can't see him being a constant starter next season...

3pm
22-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Hope Celtic extend his contract. Both of them.

Lago
22-10-2015, 07:49 PM
celtic getting turned over....2 nil already - gordon looking shaky...a couple more and ronnie could also be on a shaky peg...
good !

twiceinathens
22-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Right which excuse will come first
The pitch
The weather
Lack of decent competition in Scotland?

xyz23jc
22-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Could get messy! Celtc absolutely Raphael Scheidt!:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Right which excuse will come first
The pitch
The weather
Lack of decent competition in Scotland?

C.......

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Could get messy! Celtc absolutely Raphael Scheidt!:greengrin

and Gordon having a Reggie Blinker!

The Hibee Harp
22-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Think you're right on this one- can't see him being a constant starter next season...

I think injuries have caught up with Scott and this is the start of his career downturn.

Stax
22-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Celtic showing what level Scottish football is at the moment I'm afraid.

CB_NO3
22-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Celtic showing what level Scottish football is at the moment I'm afraid.
They have no excuses. Their wage bill is 20 million more than FC Molde per season.

JohnM1875
22-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Celtic are truly awful. They do know they're losing 2-0 right? So slow and boring. Absolutely no urgency or cutting edge. Painful to think this is the best Scotland has to offer.

cabbageandribs1875
22-10-2015, 08:18 PM
deary me how amateur...losing a goal within seconds of scoring one lol

Baldy Foghorn
22-10-2015, 08:19 PM
deary me how amatuer...losing a goal within seconds of scoring one lol

:greengrin

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Celtic look a shadow of their team of a few years ago.....very poor.

cabbageandribs1875
22-10-2015, 08:21 PM
most european teams that play against a sellick team with ambrose and izzywotshisname in it should do well

Billy Whizz
22-10-2015, 08:36 PM
You build a team from the back, Hibs are in the championship, but I doubt any of the Celtic back 4 would get in our team

norwayhibs
22-10-2015, 08:39 PM

Re Delia, they think he is the messiah over here , he's getting found out big time tonight. :greengrin

Stax
22-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Ronny Deila looking more & more like Paul le Guen, both came in thinking all I have to do is stop these c**** bevyinng & eating chips and we'll win the champions league. Not paid much attention to Celtic over the last couple of seasons but Deila clearly out his depth.

Nameless
That's the co efficient further down the pan. Where are Molde from?

Prof. Shaggy
You build a team from the back, Hibs are in the championship, but I doubt any of the Celtic back 4 would get in our team

Shhhhh.....:agree:

Prof. Shaggy
22-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Commons is raging!

Sir David Gray

Norway.

Billy Whizz
Commons giving it tight to the bench after getting taken off.
Don't think he'll be in a Celtic strip for a while.
Think the Celtic fans will be calling for Ronnie's head after this pathetic show so far

Sir David Gray
22-10-2015, 08:44 PM
deary me how amateur...losing a goal within seconds of scoring one lol

Pleasing! :aok:

norwayhibs
22-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Norway, Ole Gunnar Solskjær is the manager, got the gig yesterday

hibsbollah
22-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Commons giving it tight to the bench after getting taken off.
Don't think he'll be in a Celtic strip for a while.
Think the Celtic fans will be calling for Ronnie's head after this pathetic show so far

Screaming at John Collins by all accounts.

Stax
22-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Norway, Ole Gunnar Solskjær is the manager, got the gig yesterday
Always good coming in at the death that gadge to be fair :greengrin

--------
22-10-2015, 09:04 PM

Ah - Collins getting it tight from the Soapies and Brown showing his age and inadequacies.

How pleasing.

I might have been deceived by the cameras, but it looks to me as if Griffiths has put on a bit of weight. Maybe he just wearing a couple of extra semmits because it's a cold night ...

Ronniekirk
22-10-2015, 09:04 PM

Been a few incidents between Collins and players Sounds familiar .Ronnie was on record as saying he expected three points and a performance from his team so he will be raging He said it with such conviction too Bit disrespectful as Molde were top of the group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stax
22-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Stillian Petrov looks in good health, good to see. Always came across as a good guy. Called Commons reaction exactly for what it was.

offshorehibby
22-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Been a few incidents between Collins and players Sounds familiar .Ronnie was on record as saying he expected three points and a performance from his team so he will be raging He said it with such conviction too Bit disrespectful as Molde were top of the group

I had to laugh at the guy on the tea time news 'celtic will go top of section if they win tonight' his tone completely writing off Molde as if all celtic had to do was turn up

3pm
22-10-2015, 09:28 PM
http://www.the42.ie/kris-commons-laid-into-ronny-deila-2405251-Oct2015/

Billy Whizz
22-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Stillian Petrov looks in good health, good to see. Always came across as a good guy. Called Commons reaction exactly for what it was.

Good to hear that, what did he say

Alex Trager
22-10-2015, 09:50 PM

Waw. That was pretty crazy

silverhibee
22-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Commons making sure he gets a move in January, or showing the fans that The Chef & Sponge Bob have lost the respect of the players.

Shoogly peg time for the 2 above.

hfc rd
22-10-2015, 10:05 PM

That brief report says he's lambasting Ronny but on that video, it seems like Commons is having the dig at Collins & Kennedy.

Won't be surprised if he gets shown the door at smeltic

Ronniekirk
22-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I had to laugh at the guy on the tea time news 'celtic will go top of section if they win tonight' his tone completely writing off Molde as if all celtic had to do was turn up

Yep smugness can come back and bite you on the bum and that's exactly what's happened .
Can't wait to see ronnie s press conference or interviews and his analysis after the game and his own players rectilinear to them
Should be telling

J-C
22-10-2015, 10:37 PM
That brief report says he's lambasting Ronny but on that video, it seems like Commons is having the dig at Collins & Kennedy.

Apart from Hibs 2007 (with Mowbray's team) Collins CV aint that hot, Charleroi was a mess and DOF at Livingston, Collins has yet to really prove himself as a coach or manager, after the cup final his signings were rank rotten and he jumped ship when he didn't get his own way with Petrie.

Mikey09
22-10-2015, 11:00 PM

Glad to see a player like Commons give it to Collins, the biggest mouth in Scottish fitba. Guys a twat. Ex Hibby or not.

hfc rd
22-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Glad to see a player like Commons give it to Collins, the biggest mouth in Scottish fitba. Guys a twat. Ex Hibby or not.

I agree.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-10-2015, 05:50 AM
I would welcome Collins as a fitness coach any day of the week. The year we started the season unbeaten in 12 (I think) games, we weren't necessarily the best team but we were miles fitter than everyone else

hibsbollah
23-10-2015, 06:44 AM
Collins is a hero of mine and I don't get why a sizable minority of hibs fans never warmed to him.

Alex Trager
23-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Collins is a hero of mine and I don't get why a sizable minority of hibs fans never warmed to him.

Because of his poor management at the club

And his attitude about the rest of Scottish football since taking the Celtic job.

He thinks he's spot on all the time when, as highlighted above, he's done nothing of note off his own back to merit the pedestal he puts himself on managerial wise that is.

His man management seems to be working a treat yet again.
Chris Commons looked like a well trained soldier last night.

Wembley67
23-10-2015, 07:07 AM

Because its the done thing to dislike one of our best players in the last 20yrs...apparently.

Totally up himself but dont think there are many good managers or players who aren't, if you aren't confident in your own abilities as a player in this case you will never make it.

rcarter1
23-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Because its the done thing to dislike one of our best players in the last 20yrs...apparently.

Totally up himself but dont think there are many good managers or players who aren't, if you aren't confident in your own abilities as a player in this case you will never make it.

Fine line between arrogance and confidence. Really confident people don't need to show off and act like the big man.

Auckland Hibs
23-10-2015, 09:32 AM

Had a wee look and laugh over on Kerrydale Street Forum - everyone is getting it tight, special mention for Broonie who is apparently the worst Smeltic Captain in history, Leigh and Plookie face also getting it tight.

Greatest fans in the world.

GreenPJ
23-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Because of his poor management at the club

And his attitude about the rest of Scottish football since taking the Celtic job.

He thinks he's spot on all the time when, as highlighted above, he's done nothing of note off his own back to merit the pedestal he puts himself on managerial wise that is.

His man management seems to be working a treat yet again.
Chris Commons looked like a well trained soldier last night.

However decent a player Commons is I think its fair to say his fitness levels don't appear to be brilliant - he is like a Charlie Adam when he was up here. If Collins was manager he would never have got a contract extension. Collins wants players with ability but who can go for 120 mins.

As for his arrogance he was a great player for us and others. As a manager he gave us a cup and the Motherwell away game (first or second game in charge) was the most complete Hibs performance I think I have ever seen from start to finish. We will never know if left to his own devices where we could have ended up but its also fair to say he had to put up with a huge loss in talent under his watch and he wanted to replace them with like for like but wasn't given the chance (rightly or wrongly).

Alex Trager
23-10-2015, 10:01 AM
However decent a player Commons is I think its fair to say his fitness levels don't appear to be brilliant - he is like a Charlie Adam when he was up here. If Collins was manager he would never have got a contract extension. Collins wants players with ability but who can go for 120 mins.

As for his arrogance he was a great player for us and others. As a manager he gave us a cup and the Motherwell away game (first or second game in charge) was the most complete Hibs performance I think I have ever seen from start to finish. We will never know if left to his own devices where we could have ended up but its also fair to say he had to put up with a huge loss in talent under his watch and he wanted to replace them with like for like but wasn't given the chance (rightly or wrongly).

Maybe so regards to his fitness but then he has always carried bulk. Then again it's a wonder, considering the media storm that Celtic are the fittest team in Scotland, how he has not been brought to fitness.

With regards to his tenure here, it's is hard to say where he would have went/how he would have done with his own team.

However we can only judge him in his time here.
We can't speculate if he was given a free reign.

But we can look at his other footballing managerial escapades and see that his history hasn't been littered with success.

He may be a fit man and he may have been a class football player. But that doesn't make him a good manager.

Anyone can be as fit as he.
It takes another type of person to not only inspire, but coach a group of people to be the fittest they can be.

He did not get a good response to his attempt at doing so here.

And as I said commons looked pretty angry at him last night.

Kato
23-10-2015, 10:19 AM
We will never know if left to his own devices where we could have ended up but its also fair to say he had to put up with a huge loss in talent under his watch and he wanted to replace them with like for like but wasn't given the chance (rightly or wrongly).

He never gave himself the chance. He walked out of his own accord.

GreenCastle
23-10-2015, 10:25 AM
I found it odd that Commons didn't have a go at Delia and had a go directly at the assistants.

Anyway always good to see Celtic get turned over by a team with less resources once again.

Though they were Norweigian champions - it's another shocker for Scottish football.

Both club football and international football is toiling right now and the results are proving it. I also can't see it changing anytime soon as the money dries up.

--------
23-10-2015, 10:26 AM

As a player his quality was obvious. As a manager he had all the right ideas about personal fitness and commitment but showed no sign of being able to communicate those ideas without antagonising people. As a TV summariser and post-match commentator he came over as arrogant and know-it-all - he talked but never seemed to be listening to anything anyone else had to say.

These are only my personal observations, and I may have got the guy entirely wrong, but his time as manager at ER did nothing to persuade me that he had any real understanding of the way people function in a team, which if true would be a pretty big handicap to a football coach/manager, right?

And while I have serious reservations about the way Hibs have been run over the past ten-twelve years since Collins walked out, resigning because the owner and chairman "lacked ambition" for the club the day after we opened a (IIRC) £5m training complex wasn't the best way to win hearts and minds.

And I don't think his comments about the club and STF and RP in the press after he left could have made life for his successors anything other than harder and more difficult.

Over the whole business, I'd say that Collins was very good for us as a player; the fee we got for him from the Soapdodgers was a lifeline badly needed; but his time as manager and the feelings and atmosphere he left behind him were nothing short of disastrous long-term. A heck of a price to pay for one League Cup that was at least in part down to the work Tony Mowbray had done before him.

Betty Boop
23-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Maybe so regards to his fitness but then he has always carried bulk. Then again it's a wonder, considering the media storm that Celtic are the fittest team in Scotland, how he has not been brought to fitness.

With regards to his tenure here, it's is hard to say where he would have went/how he would have done with his own team.

However we can only judge him in his time here.
We can't speculate if he was given a free reign.

But we can look at his other footballing managerial escapades and see that his history hasn't been littered with success.

He may be a fit man and he may have been a class football player. But that doesn't make him a good manager.

Anyone can be as fit as he.
It takes another type of person to not only inspire, but coach a group of people to be the fittest they can be.

He did not get a good response to his attempt at doing so here.

And as I said commons looked pretty angry at him last night.

Well its quite clear Commons can't, looks a bit tubby.

Alex Trager
23-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Well its quite clear Commons can't, looks a bit tubby.

True.
Maybe a lack of desire on his part though.

Not got the right coaching staff to inspire him ;)

GreenPJ
23-10-2015, 10:58 AM
He never gave himself the chance. He walked out of his own accord.

True but presumably he had been given clear indication by Petrie as to what sort of ballpark he was going to be looking at for new talent and he obviously felt that it wasn't sufficient. Some people might call that quiting but at least he didn't cost us money unlike some of the others since who held on for their severance pay despite their fragilities.

As for the cup win and it being Tony Mowbrays ground work, Mowbray would never have won that semi-final against St J.

Gettin' Auld
23-10-2015, 11:02 AM

It's a fair bit more than 20 years since John Collins last pulled on a Hibs strip. ;)

Kato
23-10-2015, 06:01 PM
True but presumably he had been given clear indication by Petrie as to what sort of ballpark he was going to be looking at for new talent and he obviously felt that it wasn't sufficient.

Why would I presume that?

Collins said himself that he walked the day after the training centre opened as he didn't "feel part of things", which is a weird thing to say.

Some people might call that quiting

I call it quitting. I also call it leaving us in the lurch.

Any Chairman giving a rookie manager huge amounts of cash is an idiot. I honestly thought when it came to Collins signings we'd see guys he played with doing him a favour, as happens. Didn't see that, the money he was given (far more than Mowbray) was wasted.

Mr White
23-10-2015, 06:08 PM
It's a fair bit more than 20 years since John Collins last pulled on a Hibs strip. ;)

Ian Murrays testimonial wisnae that long ago surely? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
23-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Scotland v Belarus wimmens fitba on BBC Alba in 15 minutes.