PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans complaining about media coverage

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 09:27 AM
It seems that we have a lot of fans complaining about the coverage we get from either the BBC or the news papers

Fans implying that the BBC is biased against hibs.

The answer is simple. Don't buy the papers or listen to sportsound

The hibs website has full match reports. Hibs TV has full highlights (which are now at a higher standard) they also have live commentary from every game! Just subscribe to that!

Also the lads at the podcast Monday Night Fitba do a great job covering both hibs and hearts games and give you previews for up and coming games.

Not to mention the lads at the terrace Scottish football podcast. They do a great job too. There are plenty options out there! If you don't like the BBC and the papers don't read them and don't listen to sportsound. Branch out to other means of information!

lord bunberry
22-10-2015, 09:33 AM
It seems that we have a lot of fans complaining about the coverage we get from either the BBC or the news papers

The hibs website has full match reports. Hibs TV has full highlights (which are now at a higher standard) they also have live commentary from every game! Just subscribe to that!

Also the lads at the podcast Monday Night Fitba do a great job covering both hibs and hearts games and give you previews for up and coming games.

Not to mention the lads at the terrace Scottish football podcast. They do a great job too. There are plenty options out there! If you don't like the BBC and the papers don't read them and don't listen to sportsound. Branch out to other means of information!
I've stopped buying newspapers and I don't listen to the BBC, I just go to the game and see it for myself.

MrSmith
22-10-2015, 09:58 AM
I've stopped buying newspapers and I don't listen to the BBC, I just go to the game and see it for myself.

Yeah me to except for the attending games :( I'll go back though when we are back in the top league. I'm still sore re relegation.

As for the media ... I try to keep out of this type of thread because 'our paid for by us' BBC are the worst offenders! The red tops are nothing but nonsense and don't give two .... about them! But the BEEB, hmm where to start?? Checked the sportScotland website for updates on Tuesday night, clicked on the Falkirk v Hibs link and it brought up the Rangers game!!! Then later looking for a match report and we all now the content therein! I hate them and really detest paying for their sloppy insidious content!

jacomo
22-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Hibs media is fine, but IMO not a replacement for a proper, non-partisan media. I have no problem with journalists who are unsentimental about Hibs and scrutinise us properly - unfortunately, Scottish football coverage seems to be dominated by an old boys network who let lazy prejudice triumph over actual reporting.

Yes, we can all choose to ignore it, but our game deserves better. In fact, Scottish football needs better if it is going to improve.

brog
22-10-2015, 10:52 AM

I do all the things you suggest & more but I also want to see the wider picture & I think we're entitled to receive fairer & more detailed reporting from all areas of the media than we currently do. I don't think ignoring it is necessarily the best option although we have to be balanced & not appear paranoiac ( patent Celtc FC ).
To quote Edmund Burke,"all it needs for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Glesgahibby
22-10-2015, 10:54 AM

No offence billy but..
Hibs fans complaining about Hibs fans complaining about media coverage:confused:
To quote yourself "the answer is simple"
Dont read the thread:greengrin
I complain because the media coverage is unbalanced and annoys me.

Baader
22-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Not buying a newspaper is fair enough. But when Hibs regularly receive unfavourable treatment from a public broadcaster whose 'broadcasters' (for want of a better word) are paid for by people's licence fee money they have a right to be annoyed. Impartiality isn't too much to ask in return is it?

Thecat23
22-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Do people still buy papers? Been around 5 years since I last bought one. With social media I don't think you need too. I attend the home games but get updates from here and Hibs Twitter for most away games.

I'd just hoped the BBC might have changed or should I say grown up when it comes to constantly slagging us. They haven't so I hope the show gets pulled and everyone of them is left at home on a sat and see how funny that is the ****ing roasters!!

Kato
22-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Not buying a newspaper is fair enough. But when Hibs regularly receive unfavourable treatment from a public broadcaster whose 'broadcasters' (for want of a better word) are paid for by people's licence fee money they have a right to be annoyed. Impartiality isn't too much to ask in return is it?

I'd just have done with it and ban Gordon and Preston. Wait until they tip up for the The Rangers game and tell them "sorry, you're banned". Would have done this around 3-4 seasons ago.

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 11:26 AM
No offence billy but..
Hibs fans complaining about Hibs fans complaining about media coverage:confused:
To quote yourself "the answer is simple"
Dont read the thread:greengrin
I complain because the media coverage is unbalanced and annoys me.

I maybe didn't put my point across the way I intended there.

What I was trying to do was put over the other options out there like the podcasts and hibs TV.

Not moan about hibs fans moaning. Or as I call it the inception moan lol

.Sean.
22-10-2015, 11:33 AM

Not to mention the lads at the terrace Scottish football podcast. They do a great job too. There are plenty options out there! If you don't like the BBC and the papers don't read them and don't listen to sportsound. Branch out to other means of information!Imagine folk having the cheek to moan at a National broadcaster, funded with the help of themselves, for not being impartial and showing a blatant bias :rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
22-10-2015, 11:39 AM

This.

We fund the BBC, we should get balanced reporting.

However since last year, my eyes have been opened to the Propagandist nature of the BBC, and it is far from independent.

J

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Imagine folk having the cheek to moan at a National broadcaster, funded with the help of themselves, for not being impartial and showing a blatant bias :rolleyes:

If your not happy don't watch it or listen to it.

There are plenty more options out there with YouTube for highlights. Hibs TV for March coverage. If the BBC makes you unhappy don't use them for hibs related matters

Glesgahibby
22-10-2015, 11:52 AM
I maybe didn't put my point across the way I intended there.

What I was trying to do was put over the other options out there like the podcasts and hibs TV.

Not moan about hibs fans moaning. Or as I call it the inception moan lol
Got your point mate:greengrin
but at the end of the day
we can't ignore unbalanced and sometimes(trust me)deliberate underhand interviews like"Allan,do yo feel pressure"regarding Hibs going up?stubbsy was asked this 10 before ko when we are on a good we run of 6wins 1 draw,now 7wins 1 draw.

SkintHibby
22-10-2015, 11:58 AM
This.

We fund the BBC, we should get balanced reporting.

However since last year, my eyes have been opened to the Propagandist nature of the BBC, and it is far from independent.

J

When I moved house I stopped paying my TV licence and never will again. I'd urge everyone out there to do the same. My reasons for doing so range from the anti-independence bias during the referendum, the peanuts we get for our football compared to England, the anti-Russian, pro American BBC news propaganda and the shameful abuses which were swpet under the carpet.

DONT GIVE THEM A PENNY!:agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Do people still buy papers? Been around 5 years since I last bought one. With social media I don't think you need too. I attend the home games but get updates from here and Hibs Twitter for most away games.

I'd just hoped the BBC might have changed or should I say grown up when it comes to constantly slagging us. They haven't so I hope the show gets pulled and everyone of them is left at home on a sat and see how funny that is the ****ing roasters!!

This is what annoys me most. The BBC should be operating with a professional service, i expect that sort of populist rabble-rousing, provocative stuff on Talk Sport, but BBC Five Live is a serious, and covers their national game brilliantly. Our BBC version acts like a podcast of mates, only allowing other mates to come on board. I mean seriously, who decided to give Derek Ferguson, someone who is barely semi-literate, a job as a broadcast journalist? Seriously, he reads his match reports like an 8 year old reading in front of his primary school class.

That they do or dont hate Hibs is moot, but their complete lack of meaningful insight or professional, balanced coverage is why i stopped listening.

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 12:07 PM
This is what annoys me most. The BBC should be operating with a professional service, i expect that sort of populist rabble-rousing, provocative stuff on Talk Sport, but BBC Five Live is a serious, and covers their national game brilliantly. Our BBC version acts like a podcast of mates, only allowing other mates to come on board. I mean seriously, who decided to give Derek Ferguson, someone who is barely semi-literate, a job as a broadcast journalist? Seriously, he reads his match reports like an 8 year old reading in front of his primary school class.

That they do or dont hate Hibs is moot, but their complete lack of meaningful insight or professional, balanced coverage is why i stopped listening.

See this might be where I differ from some I enjoy the laid back podcast feel. Like mates talking about the game and not scared to admit they have there own team. Maybe the BBC would be better if they had a high profile fan from each team?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-10-2015, 12:09 PM
See this might be where I differ from some I enjoy the laid back podcast feel. Like mates talking about the game and not scared to admit they have there own team. Maybe the BBC would be better if they had a high profile fan from each team?

Therein lies their difficulty i suppose :greengrin

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Therein lies their difficulty i suppose :greengrin

I've never been a five live guy. Growing up listing to things like Jim Traynor and real radio phone in. I enjoyed them. I like the format of people just talking about the game and giving an honest opinion. I like open all mics too.

Although I see why people don't like them. I totally get that. That's why I think people should use other means of information

Torto7062
22-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Christ do people still buy newspapers 😂😂😂

I never use bbc for live updates/scores etc....

I use Flashscores for all footie scores fastest app going......

steakbake
22-10-2015, 12:39 PM
BBC = Bring Back Cosgrove.

StevieBoyKdy
22-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Must admit tempted to get Hibs tv lose all the BBC old time views and their love with rangers and smell tick

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Must admit tempted to get Hibs tv lose all the BBC old time views and their love with rangers and smell tick

Get it. It's only 60 quid a year - well worth the investment imo. When I've been out of Scotland - I can watch any live games that they show - not just get audio. Good value

CockneyRebel
22-10-2015, 03:05 PM
When I moved house I stopped paying my TV licence and never will again. I'd urge everyone out there to do the same. My reasons for doing so range from the anti-independence bias during the referendum, the peanuts we get for our football compared to England, the anti-Russian, pro American BBC news propaganda and the shameful abuses which were swpet under the carpet.

I bet you're a hoot at a party.

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 03:09 PM

Bet you get a lot of letters chasing you.

Feels a cop out tbh. - do you never watch anything on BBC or listen to the radio ?

Lago
22-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I've never been a five live guy. Growing up listing to things like Jim Traynor and real radio phone in. I enjoyed them. I like the format of people just talking about the game and giving an honest opinion. I like open all mics too.

Although I see why people don't like them. I totally get that. That's why I think people should use other means of information
I like OAM as well, I still buy a newspaper, but thats a generation thing, I, like most, get annoyed by biased reporting, but tend to mutter a curse shake my head and move onto the next story. I sometimes think that as fans we are a tad thin skined.

Dublin07
22-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Bet you get a lot of letters chasing you.

Feels a cop out tbh. - do you never watch anything on BBC or listen to the radio ?
I cancelled my licence on 19th September last year and have not had a single letter from them since.
The BBC is one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet. I don't watch or listen to anything it broadcasts live. Will catch the odd thing on I player if it's mentioned on Twitter, Facebook or hibs.net.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2015, 03:49 PM
OAM pundits kind of defuse their own arguments though, because iffy penalties and dodgy decisions etc , either even out over a season, or they don't. You can't have it both ways.
IMO Tuesday's incident has been blown up I think because there was only one real game being covered.

mjhibby
22-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Get it. It's only 60 quid a year - well worth the investment imo. When I've been out of Scotland - I can watch any live games that they show - not just get audio. Good value

I watch spl highlights on bt sport. Or just watch them online.

brog
22-10-2015, 04:01 PM
I cancelled my licence on 19th September last year and have not had a single letter from them since.
The BBC is one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet. I don't watch or listen to anything it broadcasts live. Will catch the odd thing on I player if it's mentioned on Twitter, Facebook or hibs.net.

As someone who has travelled through business to some of the most corrupt nations on the planet I find your comment on the BBC to be ( hopefully ) naive & ignorant rather than wilful. There is certainly much to improve about the BBC but your description defies belief.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-10-2015, 04:09 PM
A really good complaint against them in today's Daily ******, well done Alan Freedman!

:aok:

PatHead
23-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Just shows that the MSM are scared Hibs will win the league. Classic deflect from the fact The Rangers have someone chasing them now and maybe applying pressure.

HibbySpurs
23-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Is it just me or are people missing the glaringly obvious here?

The remit of those on Sportsound is to cover sports in Scotland with a large part of that mandate given over to football. The biggest thing for any broadcast "show" is also to meet audience targets.

So here we have Hibs fans greeting about them slagging Hibs off but who are obviously still listening to hear this weeks slagging so they can then moan about it, thereby helping to keep the audience figures up.....

It's called being "controversial", just listen to the likes of Adrian Durham on talk sport who deliberately talks utter pish to wind people up so that they will phone in and have a pop at him.

The Sportsound team are no doubt fully aware of the "rise" they are currently getting from Hibs fans so they will keep on doing it as it makes good radio.

BTW FWIW, I think they are all a bunch of Hibs hating tossers especially that prick Gordon, I really enjoyed us pumping his beloved sheep just to shut him up for 2 seconds.

emerald green
23-10-2015, 06:35 PM

The bit in bold - total and absolute nonsense. Categorising the BBC with the most corrupt organisations on the planet. Seriously? Which "corrupt organisations" are you comparing the BBC with?

But you will "catch the odd thing" if it suits you, even though it comes from this evil corrupt organisation? :rolleyes:

Real Emerald
23-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Is it just me or are people missing the glaringly obvious here?

The remit of those on Sportsound is to cover sports in Scotland with a large part of that mandate given over to football. The biggest thing for any broadcast "show" is also to meet audience targets.

So here we have Hibs fans greeting about them slagging Hibs off but who are obviously still listening to hear this weeks slagging so they can then moan about it, thereby helping to keep the audience figures up.....

It's called being "controversial", just listen to the likes of Adrian Durham on talk sport who deliberately talks utter pish to wind people up so that they will phone in and have a pop at him.

The Sportsound team are no doubt fully aware of the "rise" they are currently getting from Hibs fans so they will keep on doing it as it makes good radio.

BTW FWIW, I think they are all a bunch of Hibs hating tossers especially that prick Gordon, I really enjoyed us pumping his beloved sheep just to shut him up for 2 seconds.

It didn't though, he used his airtime to mock and ridicule Malonga, prick that he is!

Northernhibee
23-10-2015, 09:27 PM
The bit in bold - total and absolute nonsense. Categorising the BBC with the most corrupt organisations on the planet. Seriously? Which "corrupt organisations" are you comparing the BBC with?

But you will "catch the odd thing" if it suits you, even though it comes from this evil corrupt organisation? :rolleyes:

:aok: IMO the license fee is great value for money, even if just for BBC Four and 6Music alone.

givescotlandfreedom
23-10-2015, 11:44 PM
A really good complaint against them in today's Daily ******, well done Alan Freedman!

:aok:

Could you post what it said please?

emerald green
24-10-2015, 01:55 PM
:aok: IMO the license fee is great value for money, even if just for BBC Four and 6Music alone.

:agree: What we have in this country with the BBC is envied, admired, and sometimes copied across the world. Not a listener myself, but I've heard 6Music is very good.

heretoday
24-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Hear Hear! And Radio 4 is excellent for the most part. Try spending a retro evening in listening to plays, readings, current affairs etc.

You have to listen to what is being said and take it in, instead of musing about the TV presenter's hairstyle or the weather girl's boobs.

hibees 7062
24-10-2015, 03:52 PM
According to the BBC Morton are the only Championship side left in the cup

The Green Goblin
24-10-2015, 04:02 PM

Completely agree with this. Lots of alternatives to Sportsound, which used to be a really interesting and even compulsive listen but has gone down the Gary Glitter in recent years. Even if they weren't all snooty about Hibs, this is still true. Rotten. A real shame, because it used to be excellent.

ACLeith
24-10-2015, 04:05 PM
According to the BBC Morton are the only Championship side left in the cup

Because we are of premiership quality?

hibees 7062
25-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Because we are of premiership quality?

:agree: