PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy of the media when will it end?

Glesgahibby
22-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Rangers wiz kid hacked down in first 30 seconds,outrage!!!!(diddy cup)
Falkirk robbed by dodgy penalty decision,outrage!!!!(10th game of the season)
Two days later,these incidents are still big headlines and "injustice" is the cry.
Black,elbow,intent,3yards outside the box,red card and not a peep!!!
My insanity chip is melting:confused:

Billychaotic182
22-10-2015, 09:10 AM
It wasn't a penalty, we got lucky.
It was a horrible challenge! The Rangers lad was lucky not to be injured

If it's still being covered by the papers it's because it's a slow news day. If you are unhappy with the papers down buy them! In this day and age with smart phones and quick internet access you don't really need to buy the paper. And if you want hibs news and better coverage look no further than this website.

O'Rourke3
22-10-2015, 09:10 AM
I still laugh at anyone from Glasgow's southside talking about protecting talent when all I remember growing up was a bunch of animals in light blue kicking anything that moved....... That's when they weren't diving at the other end.

B.H.F.C
22-10-2015, 09:13 AM
They all fail to mention the blatant foul on David Gray a few seconds before we did get the penalty. Hardly surprising though.

givescotlandfreedom
22-10-2015, 09:19 AM
They all fail to mention the blatant foul on David Gray a few seconds before we did get the penalty. Hardly surprising though.

That's the issue. The outrage is about Falkirk being conned by losing to a penalty thsat shouldn't have been. Falkirk should simply should have lost to a penalty that was taken 10 seconds earlier, there wasn't any injustice.

CentreLine
22-10-2015, 09:20 AM
That's the issue. The outrage is about Falkirk being conned by losing to a penalty thsat shouldn't have been. Falkirk should simply should have lost to a penalty that was taken 10 seconds earlier, there wasn't any injustice.

I think it may go deeper than that. Not so much about Falkirk being robbed but The Rangers being pegged back

TRC
22-10-2015, 09:59 AM
it's just the media putting pressure on the refs before our two most important games so far this season. typical west coast piss.

Glesgahibby
22-10-2015, 10:05 AM
It wasn't a penalty, we got lucky.
It was a horrible challenge! The Rangers lad was lucky not to be injured

If it's still being covered by the papers it's because it's a slow news day. If you are unhappy with the papers down buy them! In this day and age with smart phones and quick internet access you don't really need to buy the paper. And if you want hibs news and better coverage look no further than this website.
Agree with you regarding the penalty/challenge:agree:
my point is both of these things happened to us in a major cup final(one game)not a peep!
this was two games that both affected the Rangers,one being a diddy cup game.
havent bought a paper for years.every morning i click on hibs net first.
By the way did you know the Rangers lad was crocked/injured/hobbled off(any paper online)and my favourite quote"bruised in the neck,arm,chest,leg in fact everywhere"mark warburton on radio Scotland.

brog
22-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I still laugh at anyone from Glasgow's southside talking about protecting talent when all I remember growing up was a bunch of animals in light blue kicking anything that moved....... That's when they weren't diving at the other end.

:agree: John Greig, the greatest ever Ranger, really sums it up. Even in Scotland I'd doubt he would ever see 90 minutes out now. The "tackles" he committed on Peter Cormack in particular were criminal assaults.

surreyhibbie
22-10-2015, 10:46 AM
:agree: John Greig, the greatest ever Ranger, really sums it up. Even in Scotland I'd doubt he would ever see 90 minutes out now. The "tackles" he committed on Peter Cormack in particular were criminal assaults.

:agree:

The old story was someone from Ibrox called John's wife ( a very nice woman apparently) and said "John's broken a leg" and her answer was " who's was it ?"

:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
22-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Did Burchill really excuse the tackle because it was on an English player? I never heard his interview but I've been told that's what he said.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-10-2015, 11:37 AM
To answer the OP...

No never.

Bristolhibby
22-10-2015, 11:41 AM
I think it may go deeper than that. Not so much about Falkirk being robbed but The Rangers being pegged back

Absolutely, plus we are the biggest threat to their assendancy. We should be attacked at every opportunity, and dont the Refs know it.

J

snooky
22-10-2015, 09:55 PM
:agree:

The old story was someone from Ibrox called John's wife ( a very nice woman apparently) and said "John's broken a leg" and her answer was " who's was it ?"

:greengrin

It certainly wasn't Sloop's :wink:

greenlex
23-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Did Burchill really excuse the tackle because it was on an English player? I never heard his interview but I've been told that's what he said.

No. He was trying very clumsily it has to be said that his player(a young talented Scot ) was being hounded for the challenge whilst trying to make his way in the Scottush game. The lad )he challenged (who happened to be English)would be off at the end of his loan spell without a backward look to Scottush football. It wasn't a pretty challenge but I'm sure there was no malice in it. He was trying to play the ball.

Mikey09
23-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Ah diddums... Poor wee soul getting a kick playing football? I'm sure Butcher. Souness, Roberts, Hurlock and Greig would never have thought about such a thing that's why they're regarded as legends doon Govan way... Dry yer eyes weegie press.

PatHead
23-10-2015, 11:15 AM
In answer to the OP's original question- it won't ever.

Thecat23
23-10-2015, 12:03 PM
If Hibs win this w'end I advise anyone who still reads newspapers to keep an eye out for the media trying to upset us.

1. Stubbs linked to another job.
2. Ref under pressure after Hibs get lucky win in Falkirk.
3. Hibs player spotted in town drinking
4. Hibs haven't the squad to win the title
5. The Rangers are the bestest team in the universe and we love them and hate Hibs.

Ok 5 is a bit out there but would that really surprise you?!

Borderhibbie76
23-10-2015, 12:43 PM
If Hibs win this w'end I advise anyone who still reads newspapers to keep an eye out for the media trying to upset us.

1. Stubbs linked to another job.
2. Ref under pressure after Hibs get lucky win in Falkirk.
3. Hibs player spotted in town drinking
4. Hibs haven't the squad to win the title
5. The Rangers are the bestest team in the universe and we love them and hate Hibs.

Ok 5 is a bit out there but would that really surprise you?!
It's an absolute certainty if we win tomorrow the west coasts finest will be at their unsettling best in the lead up to next week.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

KWJ
23-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Do we need a 'Wings Over Scotland' football edition? Maybe without the direct abuse :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2015, 03:30 PM
But when you see guff like this, the spouters are setting themselves up. There's no question that at some point this season we will be on the wrong end of same sort of call.

Lucius Apuleius
23-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I actually have no problem with west coast media backing west coast teams. It does pee me off when other media does it though

Dav1986
23-10-2015, 05:21 PM
But when you see guff like this, the spouters are setting themselves up. There's no question that at some point this season we will be on the wrong end of same sort of call.

We already have been on the wrong end of it this season! Free kick at ibrox that tavernier scored from shouldn't have been a free kick at all.

ancient hibee
23-10-2015, 05:22 PM
No. He was trying very clumsily it has to be said that his player(a young talented Scot ) was being hounded for the challenge whilst trying to make his way in the Scottush game. The lad )he challenged (who happened to be English)would be off at the end of his loan spell without a backward look to Scottush football. It wasn't a pretty challenge but I'm sure there was no malice in it. He was trying to play the ball.

It was a dreadful tackle,nowhere near the ball and should have been a red card.Other than that I totally agree with you.

greenlex
23-10-2015, 08:45 PM
It was a dreadful tackle,nowhere near the ball and should have been a red card.Other than that I totally agree with you.

Don't disagree it was a red. He was after the ball though.

eastcoasthibby
24-10-2015, 07:03 AM
No mention or follow up of the Sevco golden boy Foghorn (big mouth) Waghorn's lash out a few minutes from the end of Livi game ...should have walked for it ! Would have been interesting to see how they coped without him for a couple of games one of which could have been against us ! Decision for Sevco no issue cos it's them !!!!