View Full Version : Last night

Edson Arantes
21-10-2015, 05:18 PM
First post here.

Delighted with the win last night.:flag:

Usually I am all for taking one game at a time but feel that a win at Raith at the weekend would set things up nicely for the Rangers game.

I've been viewing on here for about three years now and only recently decided to register and join in!

21-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Welcome :greengrin

21-10-2015, 05:46 PM
First post here.

Usually I am all for taking one game at a time but feel that a win at Raith at the weekend would set things up nicely for the Rangers game.

I've been viewing on here for about three years now and only recently decided to register and join in!

Welcome! and keep on posting - enjoy...

21-10-2015, 05:49 PM
First post here.

Welcome to the board 👍🏼

Edson Arantes
21-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :agree:

21-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Bem vindo - Did you prefer playing for Baurú, Santos or NY Cosmos? ;)

21-10-2015, 09:27 PM
First post here.

Welcome, Pele :aok:

21-10-2015, 09:32 PM

C'mon Jonny been mair than one player played for Santos. Check out the league, but even better check out the country personally.

21-10-2015, 09:33 PM
C'mon Jonny been mair than one player played for Santos. Check out the league, but even better check out the country personally.

Erm Edson Arantes do Nascimento ring any bells? :greengrin

21-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Erm Edson Arantes do Nascimento ring any bells? :greengrin

You & OP got me there! FWIW personally my #1. Before, after, will never be another Pele. My best ever but it's all a personal thing. I just thought Pele moved not only Football but Sport forward, & to my young eyes then, he was just the ultimate amongst quite a few, but only one Pele.

21-10-2015, 09:51 PM

Pelé ;)

21-10-2015, 09:52 PM
According to my father in law who saw both play live Garrincha was better but threw it away on wummin (Elza Suarez iirc) and beer...

21-10-2015, 10:11 PM
According to my father in law who saw both play live Garrincha was better but threw it away on wummin (Elza Suarez iirc) and beer...

I thought he was into goats?

21-10-2015, 10:24 PM

Your in Brasil! Define "throwing it away"? Garrincha might have viewed it otherwise. Mebbes regretted staying in so much? Brasillieros see it different, but your right the aulder ones liked him! Bit like their George Best.

21-10-2015, 10:57 PM
I thought he was into goats?

Dunno about that but there is a certain fish the Amazon if you read Ché Guevaras The Motorcycle Diaries (don't read the Bolivian Diaries it's a bit grim)

21-10-2015, 11:06 PM
You & OP got me there! FWIW personally my #1. Before, after, will never be another Pele. My best ever but it's all a personal thing. I just thought Pele moved not only Football but Sport forward, & to my young eyes then, he was just the ultimate amongst quite a few, but only one Pele.

Probably the best player I've ever seen :agree:

21-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Probably the best player I've ever seen :agree:

Where did you see him play in the flesh Johnnyboy?
Been fortunate to see Maradona, and Messi quite a few times play.
My biggest regret was never seeing my favourite player Cruyff ever play

22-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Welcome dude.

See the auld yins have hijacked your thread. :greengrin

Edson Arantes
22-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Welcome dude.

See the auld yins have hijacked your thread. :greengrin

Aye well, being a superstar :not worthand all that, I can take it!

Thanks for the welcome.

Edson Arantes
22-10-2015, 11:50 AM

If that is what I am going to be called on here then I am well chuffed!:agree:

Thanks for the welcome.

22-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Maradona was better than pele tbh

22-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Just seen the terrible news that Johan Cruyff, the greatest European Player ever imo- has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Really hope they've caught it in time, brilliant player & later coach in his day.

22-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Just seen the terrible news that Johan Cruyff, the greatest European Player ever imo- has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Really hope they've caught it in time, brilliant player & later coach in his day.

Don't know if it's an urban myth, but there is a story that, when the West Germans turned up for the 1974 WC Final, they were treated to the sight of JC leaning against the Netherlands dressing-room door, puffing on a fag. :greengrin

JC is the scorer of the best goal I have ever seen live (apart from Ralphy Callachan, of course).... at Ibrox in about 72 or 73.

22-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Maradona was better than pele tbh

Pele did it alone - Maradona needed a helping hand.

Chibs
22-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Pele did it alone - Maradona needed a helping hand.

Not with his second though.:greengrin