PDA

View Full Version : Dynamo Kiev (NHC)

hibsbollah
21-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Sanctioned and fined a few months ago and now attacking their own black fans. How they are continuing to escape a European ban escapes me.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/21/uefa-investigate-attack-black-fans-dynamo-kyiv-chelsea

Bostonhibby
21-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Mental, even worse when you consider what persecution did to their excellent team during the second world war. very poignant read - don't suppose the bigots involved here would know their history in that respect.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamo-Andy-Dougan/dp/1841153192/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1445441674&sr=1-1&keywords=dynamo+kiev

QMU-1875
21-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Im a fan of Dynamo Kyiv (not "Kiev") and unfortunately we do have a problem with racist fans. Should also stress that the fans are a real minority, much is being done in Kyiv and indeed Ukraine to tackle racism, sectarianism and homosexual rights so hopefully these idiots are rooted out. Ukraine is taking real strides toward becoming a nation with European values at it’s heart.
In terms of banning the club from Europe, I dont know, but banning fans from home games for a while may have to happen after this. Many Dynamo fans on twitter have expressed disgust at these idiots.
With Dynamo coming up actually, I remember reading somewhere that Dynamo Kyiv were considering sending funding to help the Hands of Hibs campaign back in the 90’s, do any veterans on here remember this? I read it somewhere in the Evening News a couple years back...

StevieC
21-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Im a fan of Dynamo Kyiv (not "Kiev")

только Днепр .. только победа :party:

Seriously though .. yes there are problems as mentioned above. And as has also been mentioned it is a minority and efforts are being made to combat it.

As with a lot of former Soviet countries, there is/was very little in the way of cultural integration from outside the countries. If you can imagine what the UK was like 50 years ago you can probably start to understand why there is a potential problem. Yes the UK (and Europe) has moved on, and all but stamped out racism, but it was a long drawn out process to get to where we are just now.

I wonder if the racism in these former Soviet countires is any worse than the sectarianism in ours?

Bostonhibby
21-10-2015, 04:23 PM
только Днепр .. только победа :party:

Seriously though .. yes there are problems as mentioned above. And as has also been mentioned it is a minority and efforts are being made to combat it.

As with a lot of former Soviet countries, there is/was very little in the way of cultural integration from outside the countries. If you can imagine what the UK was like 50 years ago you can probably start to understand why there is a potential problem. Yes the UK (and Europe) has moved on, and all but stamped out racism, but it was a long drawn out process to get to where we are just now.

I wonder if the racism in these former Soviet countires is any worse than the sectarianism in ours?

Its a good question, it probably isn't as deeply ingrained and over time it would be interesting to see if it is handed down from generation to generation per the Scottish sectarianism problem.

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 04:39 PM
All kicking off in Manchester tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/vb.338233632988842/1791323727679818/?type=2&theater