PDA

View Full Version : Peter Houston - Yer a bitter auld man...

3pm
21-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Falkirk manager Peter Houston: "I feel a little hard done-by.

"I didn't think it was a penalty kick. The referee said to me that, if it was on the halfway line, he would have given a foul, but I don't think he was in a great position to see it, while the linesman is in a perfect position and didn't give it.

"Considering Hibs' resources and talk of them winning championships, we are not far away from them on that performance."

Right you are Peter. :aok:

kentao
21-10-2015, 12:30 PM
I think he is a bitter wee fud but his assessment is correct we are a far bigger club than Falkirk but we only managed to sneak the 3 points thanks to a dodgy penalty.

We should be finishing Falkirk by a couple of goals and being the better team through out the game. Listening to the Radio last night we sounded anything but convincing.

Shrekko
21-10-2015, 12:32 PM
I think he is a bitter wee fud but his assessment is correct we are a far bigger club than Falkirk but we only managed to sneak the 3 points thanks to a dodgy penalty.

We should be finishing Falkirk by a couple of goals and being the better team through out the game. Listening to the Radio last night we sounded anything but convincing.
By that logic you'll be expecting Sevco to run over us next week bearing in mind they're a far bigger club than us?

kentao
21-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Stats this season says yes but i fully expect hibs to pump them :D

#FromTheCapital
21-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Houston is a fud. However I heard his interview on the radio last night and I thought he came across surprisingly well. Wasn't at the game but from what I've heard he isn't too wide of the mark in what he's saying.

Shrekko
21-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Stats this season says yes but i fully expect hibs to pump them :D

I think we'll beat them as well which really goes to prove that nobody has a divine right to beat any other club based on perceived 'size'.

Bostonhibby
21-10-2015, 12:46 PM
If you painted his coupon purple and blew him up a bit with a bike pump he'd make an acceptable stand in for "been places and done things" Brown.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2015, 01:00 PM
He is up there at the top of my "least favourite" managers list. His smugness last season is now being repaid and as Richard Gordon said, "Karma is a bitch"

What makes me laugh is, everyone is happy to rip into the fact that the penalty was given, but don't mention that 5 seconds earlier we should have been awarded a penalty.

Baader
21-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Houston is an absolute clown. Anything that upsets him is alright with me. Anyway, we won.

What happened to his 'crosses into the box' tactic?

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2015, 01:48 PM
He is up there at the top of my "least favourite" managers list. His smugness last season is now being repaid and as Richard Gordon said, "Karma is a bitch"

What makes me laugh is, everyone is happy to rip into the fact that the penalty was given, but don't mention that 5 seconds earlier we should have been awarded a penalty.

Stubbs didn't miss the opportunity to point out the penalty on Gray.

Nor did he forget about the "can't defend crosses" line.

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Falkirk manager Peter Houston: "I feel a little hard done-by.

"I didn't think it was a penalty kick. The referee said to me that, if it was on the halfway line, he would have given a foul, but I don't think he was in a great position to see it, while the linesman is in a perfect position and didn't give it.

"Considering Hibs' resources and talk of them winning championships, we are not far away from them on that performance."

Right you are Peter. :aok:

He is a class A choob, but you can't argue with anything in the quote given. It was never a penalty and the match was far closer than I would have liked...still 3 points is all that mattered.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2015, 02:16 PM
He is a class A choob, but you can't argue with anything in the quote given. It was never a penalty and the match was far closer than I would have liked...still 3 points is all that mattered.

thing is, I've read comments like this, and Falkirk fans saying they were beaten by a poor hibs side. Anything can happen in a 1 off game. Rangers beat livingston by 1 last night, and in recent weeks they've twice needed 90'th minute goals to get the wins. Does that mean that their opponents "aren't far away" from them? Being a good team is about being consistent. 8 wins out of 9, scoring 18 and conceding and conceding 3, indicates a "good team" (at this level albeit).

Baader
21-10-2015, 02:20 PM
0 points isn't that close to 3.

Treadstone
21-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Houston had to play second fiddle in the fud stakes to Brian McLaughlin last night.

Borderhibbie76
21-10-2015, 02:26 PM

You stick to listening on the radio pal the rest of us will get behind our team who dug out a great 3 pts last night

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 03:06 PM
thing is, I've read comments like this, and Falkirk fans saying they were beaten by a poor hibs side. Anything can happen in a 1 off game. Rangers beat livingston by 1 last night, and in recent weeks they've twice needed 90'th minute goals to get the wins. Does that mean that their opponents "aren't far away" from them? Being a good team is about being consistent. 8 wins out of 9, scoring 18 and conceding and conceding 3, indicates a "good team" (at this level albeit).

That's a well argued point...I guess all that I really meant was..considering some of the crap Houston comes out with, the quote was pretty reasonable considering he is the manager of a side that were just narrowly beaten by a dodgy penalty. I would agree that Hibs are a much better team than falkirk and I fully expect us to be some distance ahead of them in the league by the end of the season..quite possibly 10-20 points.

GGTTH :greengrin

O'Rourke3
21-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Stubbs didn't miss the opportunity to point out the penalty on Gray.

Nor did he forget about the "can't defend crosses" line.

Didn't need to. Was asked "You coped really well with crosses, have you been working on it?" To which the response was "No, we haven't."

SeanWilson
21-10-2015, 03:27 PM
You stick to listening on the radio pal the rest of us will get behind our team who dug out a great 3 pts last night

Sounds like the radio got it right to me (I was at the game).

Cannot stand the concept of ripping in to a fans opinion cause they didn't attend....

Alex Trager
21-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Sounds like the radio got it right to me (I was at the game).

Cannot stand the concept of ripping in to a fans opinion cause they didn't attend....

Must admit.
Thought that was a bit of a weird response to make too

kentao
21-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Thats fine by me mate, After the amount of kicks in the balls the club have gave us over the years they are lucky i still bother to tune in. The only game i have been to this season was the St Mirren game and after that performance i am in no hurry to come rushing back. On paper we have a squad that is capable of competing in the top 4 of the premiership but we are still struggling against diddy teams in the Championship until we start putting these teams to the sword i can see many fans rushing back.

Matty_Jack04
21-10-2015, 04:11 PM
We battered them on a couple of occasions last season without sticking the ball in the net Houston was happy to
Take the plaudits then but now the shoes on the other foot he whining about it mans a grade A fud we'll see how close Falkirk are to us at the end of the season

PatHead
21-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Thats fine by me mate, After the amount of kicks in the balls the club have gave us over the years they are lucky i still bother to tune in. The only game i have been to this season was the St Mirren game and after that performance i am in no hurry to come rushing back. On paper we have a squad that is capable of competing in the top 4 of the premiership but we are still struggling against diddy teams in the Championship until we start putting these teams to the sword i can see many fans rushing back.

So 6 out of 7 wins and a draw whilst scoring 14 goals isn't good enough. Maybe just as well you stay away if that is your attitude. Bet if we started winning every game by 3 goals you would say you weren't coming back because it is too easy.

Can't please some folk.

Personally, I am enjoying following Hibs just now.

marinello59
21-10-2015, 04:24 PM

We'll support you evermore. Sing up. :hibees. :greengrin

Famous Fiver
21-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Houston - We have a problem.

GIRFUY

1875STEVE
21-10-2015, 05:03 PM
"Deal with it" Peter. :aok:

Should have tried a few more crosses. Erse. :rolleyes:

majorhibs
21-10-2015, 05:10 PM

Never a pen only ONLY last night. You lot might as well write the script for the huns getting pens in every (nearly) game this season. Listen it was no stonewaller, but Hibs man puts ball past opposition player & is then impeded, radio buffoons create a stink, Hibs fans agree, Scottish refs who we all agree are not "grade 1) will not be clamouring to give many more 50/50s to us now. Get a grip. Cup finals go against us on guffy pens & you lot dinnae like it when for once one goes our way? Just stop it! Was 50/50, went OUR way don't you like the win? Follow them long enough you ken it DOES not balance out over a season. Check out the other thread & Erich Schaedlers view of alleged fitba player j McDonald of deed huns for all evidence you need. Long overdue when you compare Hibs pens against huns this season. For ONCE it's us getting points from a pen

FranckSuzy
21-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Good :thumbsup: :wink:

PISTOL1875
21-10-2015, 05:12 PM
if anyone thinks \Houston sounded bitter then you shouldhave heard the Falkirk fan on the radio at HT.. Moaning about the penalty and how Hibs were still bitter from last seasons semi final defeat...

Nae worries hen. :aok::aok::aok::top marks:top marks:top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 05:12 PM
We'll support you evermore. Sing up. :hibees. :greengrin

...Caveats get yer caveats here!

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Didn't need to. Was asked "You coped really well with crosses, have you been working on it?" To which the response was "No, we haven't."

That's not exactly how the interview went - Stubbs deliberately pointed out that we coped comfortably with crosses despite being told last season we struggled with them.

Still I think we're actually agreeing here.

brog
21-10-2015, 07:01 PM
That's not exactly how the interview went - Stubbs deliberately pointed out that we coped comfortably with crosses despite being told last season we struggled with them.

Still I think we're actually agreeing here.

You're correct. AS pointed out that Falkirk's tactics late on were to win 2nd balls & get crosses into the box. He then pointed out with a little smile in his voice that we defended those crosses well. It was only after that he was asked by the interviewer if it was something we had been working on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2015, 09:35 PM
So 6 out of 7 wins and a draw whilst scoring 14 goals isn't good enough. Maybe just as well you stay away if that is your attitude. Bet if we started winning every game by 3 goals you would say you weren't coming back because it is too easy.

Can't please some folk.

Personally, I am enjoying following Hibs just now.

We are playing decent football just now, but some fans won't come back unti we are in the SPL

Bill Milne
22-10-2015, 07:48 AM
I don't know why but Falkirk managers (Totten, Smith etc) are always bitter in defeat and never feel their side has been beaten fairly. I know this can be common to all managers but Falkirk's have always been the worst IMHO.

Borderhibbie76
22-10-2015, 07:50 AM
We are playing decent football just now, but some fans won't come back unti we are in the SPL
In that case I would use the term "fan" loosely when describing these people. I go to watch Hibs first and foremost not who we are playing against...yes I admit some of the games aren't the most entertaining at ER in this division hibs v a parked bus most weeks but we need to get behind the club and help get us out of this division.
I don't see the point in not going until we are back in top tier...just don't get it personally...
Already on this thread we have someone ripping into the team because of what he heard on the radio...been to 1 match this season. Unbelievable some of the criticism of a team that has won 8 of last 9 in all competitions
I guess some "fans" just cannot think of anything positive to say which is disappointing.

PatHead
22-10-2015, 07:52 AM

It is them who are missing out then.

hibs0666
22-10-2015, 07:56 AM

NO bother. Best leave actually supporting the club to those that really care.

Peevemor
22-10-2015, 07:59 AM
I don't know why but Falkirk managers (Totten, Smith etc) are always bitter in defeat and never feel their side has been beaten fairly. I know this can be common to all managers but Falkirk's have always been the worst IMHO.

Totten was by far the worst.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-10-2015, 08:12 AM

have you noticed the run we are on just now?

Ridiculous post

Geo_1875
22-10-2015, 08:47 AM
I think it was a penalty and I can't understand what all the fuss is about.

I was listening to Preston on the way home from the game and he gets more bitter with every breath he takes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-10-2015, 08:52 AM
It is them who are missing out then.

No question about that.

Bad Martini
23-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Dunno mate, but Motherwell arent far behind and Killie have a habit of being moaning faced bassas.

Maybe its when we bring the worst out in these diddy organisations :greengrin