PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

PatHead
21-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Think he deserves a thread of his own.

I have always liked him but can see why others thought he was too soft in the past.

He has been immense this season and the difference having him back last night compared to us without him on Saturday was there for all to see. We will never know if we would have been relegated had he not been injured for such a long spell. He could have made all the difference.

I think he is out of contract at the end of the season and hope we can sort that in the near future.

J-C
21-10-2015, 11:48 AM

I have always liked him but can see why others thought he was too soft in the past.

He has been immense this season and the difference having him back last night compared to us without him on Saturday was there for all to see. We will never know if we would have been relegated had he not been injured for such a long spell. He could have made all the difference.

I think he is out of contract at the end of the season and hope we can sort that in the near future.

It may depend if we get up this year or not, Paul will not want to be down here for too long as he'll feel he should be playing in the higher league and rightly so.

TheFamous1875
21-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Get him signed up on a good contract immediately. One of our best and most consistent players in the last few years. Hanlon's detractors still see him as the wee laddie he was when he broke through under Yogi(?) and he's been lightyears improved from that level for many years now.

Brightside
21-10-2015, 11:59 AM
A superb player who always gives 100%. He has played with some howling defenders during his career. Now he has decent partners in there he can concentrate on being the modern day creative centre half he is. I personally dont think he has improved in the last season or so he just doesnt have to spend his time covering for others.
I'd get him on a 3 year deal ASAP. A vital part of the Hibs under Stubbs than most of us want.

God Petrie
21-10-2015, 12:06 PM
I think a major reason we got relegated was Hanlon being injured for the last part of the season.

TheFamous1875
21-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I think a major reason we got relegated was Hanlon being injured for the last part of the season.

As valid a reason as Terry Butcher or Rod Petrie existing :aok:

B.H.F.C
21-10-2015, 12:09 PM
He's been very good so far this season. Thought he had a few dodgy moments last night though.

Personally, I'd get back to the partnership of him and Fontaine.

Seveno
21-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Last Saturday, no Hanlon. We lost two goals.

Last night, Hanlon plays. Yet another clean sheet.

No coincidence I feel.

Roxyhibee
21-10-2015, 05:25 PM
A superb player who always gives 100%. He has played with some howling defenders during his career. Now he has decent partners in there he can concentrate on being the modern day creative centre half he is. I personally dont think he has improved in the last season or so he just doesnt have to spend his time covering for others.
I'd get him on a 3 year deal ASAP. A vital part of the Hibs under Stubbs than most of us want.

"A SUPERB player" ....!? - Jeez... The equivalent of being quite happy listening to Phil Collins Greatest Hits but never going to request the pleasure of Dylan, Clash, Aretha, Artics, The Pistols, etc

Paul has been very good in a lot of games this season and is thankfully showing far more aggression and decisiveness in his game. My MOTM in at least 2 this season already, but, he's playing in the Second Division and been posted alarmingly missing in a number of key games throughout his previous many years with us now - "a superb player" .? - get a grip of yourself... My face is going red for you...

Pretty Boy
21-10-2015, 05:32 PM
I like him.

People will argue him and Lewis are a common theme running through our downward spiral. I'd disagree and say it's telling that successive managers have kept them around whilst getting shot of dead wood.

easty
21-10-2015, 05:36 PM
"A SUPERB player" ....!? - Jeez... The equivalent of being quite happy listening to Phil Collins Greatest Hits but never going to request the pleasure of Dylan, Clash, Aretha, Artics, The Pistols, etc

Paul has been very good in a lot of games this season and is thankfully showing far more aggression and decisiveness in his game. My MOTM in at least 2 this season already, but, he's playing in the Second Division and been posted alarmingly missing in a number of key games throughout his previous many years with us now - "a superb player" .? - get a grip of yourself... My face is going red for you...

Have a go at someone saying he's a superb player, then makes ridiculous comparison to Phil Collins.....nae wonder your face is going red.

Malthibby
21-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Me mammy would have washed your mouth out with soap; even if you don't eally rate Hanlon (I happen to) using Phil Collins is
just terrible. No-one deserves that.
GG

Roxyhibee
21-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Have a go at someone saying he's a superb player, then makes ridiculous comparison to Phil Collins.....nae wonder your face is going red.

Dearie me.. Don't think you quite grasped the fairly simple 'superb' role I gave Phil Collins in the context. All down to taste I suppose... Ok, Paul Hanlon is a SUPERB player.

hibbysam
21-10-2015, 06:57 PM

'He's playing in the second division'

Funnily enough he played against one of the most dangerous attacking lines in the top tier just 3/4 weeks ago, and was immense in keeping a clean sheet... Don't let facts get in the way though!

CockneyRebel
21-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Me mammy would have washed your mouth out with soap; even if you don't eally rate Hanlon (I happen to) using Phil Collins is
just terrible. No-one deserves that.
GG

I think there's something in the air tonight.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 09:37 PM

Throwing it all away?
But this is the land we live in...

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Sad indictment on our support of we cant allow a player that's come through the ranks the support (through mistakes and all) to develop as a player. If we're not gonna be a place were we nurture talent to help realise potential then perhaps folks can enlighten the others just where we're missing the point? That crap makes me want to lie down in a darkened room at times. The futures youth we need to take the rough with the smooth along the way.

Northernhibee
21-10-2015, 09:59 PM
I think there's something in the air tonight.

People said I would never get over my Phil Collins obsession.

But take a look at me now.

Smartie
21-10-2015, 10:08 PM
People said I would never get over my Phil Collins obsession.

But take a look at me now.

To be fair you did manage to triumph Against All Odds.

Bay Area Hibees
22-10-2015, 12:34 AM

We wouldn't have been relegated if he wasn't injured. Was a huge loss.

greenlex
22-10-2015, 02:53 AM
Defenders mature and get better with age. We are seeing this with Paul. His best years are in front of him. FACT.

Iggy Pope
22-10-2015, 05:48 AM

I've not missed the Stranglers reference either. You muso.

JimBHibees
22-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Last Saturday, no Hanlon. We lost two goals.

Last night, Hanlon plays. Yet another clean sheet.

No coincidence I feel.

Dont think the centre backs had anything to do with the 2 goals we lost on Saturday.

Smartie
22-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Dont think the centre backs had anything to do with the 2 goals we lost on Saturday.

:agree:

Gray flogged one, Bartley the other.

Absolutely nothing to do with the centre-backs.

We're blessed with 4 very good centre-backs at the moment in my opinion.

I thought McGregor was very good the other night and has been every time we've called on him so far.

GreenOnions
22-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Classic music for playing in shopping mall lifts

lord bunberry
22-10-2015, 09:31 AM

What about the Bee Gees?

Silky
22-10-2015, 09:05 PM
What about the Bee Gees?

Wow. This thread is Staying Alive!

Hibbyradge
22-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Wow. This thread is Staying Alive!

I was in my kitchen earlier tonight and I could have sworn I heard my onions singing a Bee Gees song.

Turned out it was just the chives talking.

Smartie
22-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Holy potatoes.

Phil Collins first and now we're onto the Bee Gees.

Tragedy of a thread.

allezsauzee
22-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Holy potatoes.

Phil Collins first and now we're onto the Bee Gees.

Tragedy of a thread.

if there's a prize for the most subtle song reference you win again

WellingtonHibby
22-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Im embarrassed you're putting the Arctic Monkeys in the same bracket as The Clash and Bob Dylan!

Northernhibee
22-10-2015, 11:59 PM
if there's a prize for the most subtle song reference you win again

I gotta get a message to you - nobody cares about the prizes.