PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV/ Radio

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm a big fan of the Hibs TV service. It provides great commentaries on all games for those of us in the UK (and live TV feed for those outside UK) and also features lots of interesting interviews with players and staff as well as vintage footage from great games from the past and interviews with Hibs legends. Which is brilliant especially for those of us who can't get to many games, for reasons of geography.

It costs less than £5 a month (if you pay yearly) or £5.99 a month if you want to pay month by month, all of which goes to the club.

So I was interested to know..how many Hibs.net readers are actually members..and are non subscribers thinking about it ?

Billy
21-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Recently the guys have had the match goals, post match interviews from the manager and a player as well as match highlights up either within a few hours or by midnight of a match day.

All home matches are also available to watch in full by 10pm or midnight for all home matches.

7-Heaven
21-10-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm a member and think it's a fantastic service, well worth the subscription

TheFamous1875
21-10-2015, 12:07 PM
I think it's a vastly improved service in the last year or so and well worth the money. I'm very happy that Hibs have made all of these efforts to connect with the fans and keeps us treated when there's not a match on. It's also a good way to contribute to the club if you're a bit strapped for cash or can't make it along to the matches.

Only three things I would change for the time being:

1) There's only 10 pages worth of videos to watch. As more videos get uploaded, the older videos get pushed down the pages until they get past the tenth page and then they're deleted and you can't watch them anymore. When they first relaunched they had the 3-0 Scottish Cup match v Rangers at Ibrox from 2006 (Sproule, O'Connor and Killen the scorers - have to specify because there's so many 3-0s through there) and the Benji derby when Zibi had to pull him away from giving it laldy to the Hearts fans after scoring - 2 matches I'd planned to watch when I'd had the time but they got deleted as they got to the tenth page!

2) I don't know if it's just me (watching on an iPad), but anytime I watch a video longer than about 12 and a half minutes, the video can't load longer than that and I have to refresh it and painstakingly fast forward it to when I'd been watching it - not a big deal but nippy nonetheless.

3) Bring back Outside The Box! Surely there's life after Tom Zanelli? :na na:

Titch
21-10-2015, 12:16 PM
does anyone know if they are showing the raith game?

Billy
21-10-2015, 12:20 PM
does anyone know if they are showing the raith game?

It's audio only for Raith as it's an away match. As above though, they will have the goals and highlights up by midnight though :aok:

Titch
21-10-2015, 12:22 PM
It's audio only for Raith as it's an away match. As above though, they will have the goals and highlights up by midnight though :aok:

cheers Raith TV it is

NAE NOOKIE
21-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I rarely tune into Sportsound these days, though I would have last night if I had realised they were covering our game, having said that it sounds like I dodged a bullet :greengrin

Definitely considering a subscription to Hibs TV though.

HiBremian
21-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Vastly improved over the past year, and well worth the price. Pity about the lack of live video streams for away games, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
21-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Even though I am based in Edinburgh I am seriously thinking about joining, at least the commentary would be decent or better than BBC. Radio Forth 2 has given up on game commentary so this would be the only decent way to listen to the away games I don't go to. I would also get to watch any home matches I miss by being out the country. They may have a new subscriber at the end of the month :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
21-10-2015, 01:37 PM
It's a good service, enjoy listening to it, yes there's a bias but its not filled with the spiteful, smug and self satisfied stuff you hear on Sportsound. I never listen to anything on BBC Scotland sport now.

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 01:46 PM
It's a good service, enjoy listening to it, yes there's a bias but its not filled with the spiteful, smug and self satisfied stuff you hear on Sportsound. I never listen to anything on BBC Scotland sport now.

It's the biased bit that makes it so good..to be fair though, Cliff is never slow to criticise Hibs players who make mistakes. He gave an almighty "What was David Gray doing !!" after the equaliser on saturday. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
21-10-2015, 01:51 PM
It's the biased bit that makes it so good..to be fair though, Cliff is never slow to criticise Hibs players who make mistakes. He gave an almighty "What was David Gray doing !!" after the equaliser on saturday. :greengrin

:agree: It's exactly what I choose to pay my money for, I expect something a bit more professional and less biased for my licence fee than the thick lads smoker evening that the BBC Scotland football coverage has become.

PeeJay
21-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Been a member for several years, the live service has improved by leaps and bounds - Video stream quality is excellent (wasn't always the case) - the commentary team are Hibs fans so we get a "balanced" :greengrin Hibs perspective on the game/situation at ER.

Pity we can't get something worked out with with the other clubs in the league regarding a communications line for away fixtures: don't understand why it is so difficult to get a phone line/DSl line up and running in a country like Scotland, something for the future maybe? Then we could have the away games too ...

Watched last night's game courtesy of FFC - video stream wasn't as good as ours, commentary team however, were pretty good - gave an interesting perspective on the game from the other fan's side -

GreenLake
21-10-2015, 02:04 PM
HibsTV is excellent.

PatHead
21-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Been a member for several years, the live service has improved by leaps and bounds - Video stream quality is excellent (wasn't always the case) - the commentary team are Hibs fans so we get a "balanced" :greengrin Hibs perspective on the game/situation at ER.

Pity we can't get something worked out with with the other clubs in the league regarding a communications line for away fixtures: don't understand why it is so difficult to get a phone line/DSl line up and running in a country like Scotland, something for the future maybe? Then we could have the away games too ...

Watched last night's game courtesy of FFC - video stream wasn't as good as ours, commentary team however, were pretty good - gave an interesting perspective on the game from the other fan's side -

Did they think it was a penalty? :greengrin

Centre Hawf
21-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Service has came on leaps and bounds. The match-day streams are brilliant now with the replays and scoreboard, just a little touch that has a massive impact. Commentary team are brilliant Cliff is very passionate and while he's bias towards Hibs he also tells it like it is and won't pull any punches if a player has had a shocker. Match replay is great if you missed an incident or just fancy watching the whole game again, while the highlights are excellent especially considering how quickly they go up even for away matches when you consider potential travel time.

However the site at times can be a bit unfriendly to certain mobile/tablet devices and the video player they use isn't as great as others on say Youtube. I would love to see the inclusion of live video for some away matches that aren't on the TV but I understand that we're in the Scottish Championship and the facilities at these places may not be the greatest to work with.

On the whole if you haven't subscribed to HibsTV and you can't make every game it really is a great service to have and you're putting money back into the club.

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Even though I am based in Edinburgh I am seriously thinking about joining, at least the commentary would be decent or better than BBC. Radio Forth 2 has given up on game commentary so this would be the only decent way to listen to the away games I don't go to. I would also get to watch any home matches I miss by being out the country. They may have a new subscriber at the end of the month :thumbsup:

go for it, you won't regret it.

Septimus
22-10-2015, 12:46 PM
The service now is excellent and much improved. Well worth sticking with in the difficult times. A bit like Hibs really.

Gatecrasher
22-10-2015, 01:19 PM
As someone in the UK and a regular attendee of Hibs games I can't really see the value in subscribing to Hibs TV, Don't get me wrong I would love to subscribe and have access to everything however it just seems quite a lot of money. main gripe is probably something that's out of their hands, there are no live games (audio only, not interested in radio broadcast). its probably expensive but there is only one angle to highlights are shot at (no behind the goal replays etc). When I look at hibs tv it looks interesting but then I see its £60 per year for some highlights and interviews. On the face of it £60 isn't really a lot over 12 months but when you think about the money spent on Season tickets, cup top ups, home and away top, HSL and other random costs over the year for me Hibs TV is near the bottom of the Hibs expenditure totum pole I'm afraid.

greenlex
22-10-2015, 04:34 PM
As someone in the UK and a regular attendee of Hibs games I can't really see the value in subscribing to Hibs TV, Don't get me wrong I would love to subscribe and have access to everything however it just seems quite a lot of money. main gripe is probably something that's out of their hands, there are no live games (audio only, not interested in radio broadcast). its probably expensive but there is only one angle to highlights are shot at (no behind the goal replays etc). When I look at hibs tv it looks interesting but then I see its £60 per year for some highlights and interviews. On the face of it £60 isn't really a lot over 12 months but when you think about the money spent on Season tickets, cup top ups, home and away top, HSL and other random costs over the year for me Hibs TV is near the bottom of the Hibs expenditure totum pole I'm afraid.
Perhaps a reduced fee for season ticket holders would be something to consider? We will obviously not use the home live games option. It would be income however small for the club for zero outlay.

Centre Hawf
22-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Perhaps a reduced fee for season ticket holders would be something to consider? We will obviously not use the home live games option.

This would be a good idea, maybe a discount on a yearly subscription when you quote your reference number or something? It would be an incentive to purchase a season ticket as well.

Gatecrasher
22-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Perhaps a reduced fee for season ticket holders would be something to consider? We will obviously not use the home live games option. It would be income however small for the club for zero outlay.

This would be a good idea, maybe a discount on a yearly subscription when you quote your reference number or something? It would be an incentive to purchase a season ticket as well.
It's something that I have mentioned on here before and it may sway me into getting a subscription.

Billy Whizz
22-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Any idea how many subscribers we have?

worcesterhibby
22-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Any idea how many subscribers we have?

Judging by the poll..at least 27 !! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Judging by the poll..at least 27 !! :greengrin

28 then, as I can't vote on my phone

Sir David Gray
22-10-2015, 05:22 PM
I signed up to the international service last weekend when I was in Cyprus on holiday so I could watch the Dumbarton game and I was impressed with the quality.

I don't really see the need to have it when i'm in the UK as I'm at basically every match anyway but if I was abroad I would definitely subscribe to it.

California-Hibs
23-10-2015, 01:16 AM
It's a superb service, and as a Hibee living oversea's in California I'll forever be grateful for it! As others have pointed out, there was a long period where the stream was poor quality/unreliable. Each week you would log in to watch a home match in hope rather than expectation of a nice picture, no lag etc. The camera man also used to be all over the place, too zoomed in, too zoomed out, rapidly moving side to side, it was pretty painful. However as a Hibee just looking to ease the Hibs itch, I would persist with it in the hope that it would one day improve.

It took time, but they now have it absolutely spot on. We have an HD crystal clear picture. Each week there is no worry whatsoever that they'll be problems, 100% reliability. We have REPLYS! A small change which makes a really big difference to the viewing experience. Not sure if they changed camera man or he decided to put down the bottle :drunk: but the way the game is covered now is much MUCH better. The level of zoom, keeping up with the play etc, 10/10. I feel Cliff does a good job with the commentary, but we now need a decent right hand man, as I have to say I've not been overly impressed with the guy currently doing it. What happened to Kevin Harper?? He was superb! Witty and very insightful.

Anyways, it's a massive thumbs up from me. A complete no brainer if you're a Hibee living abroad. The online season ticket is brilliant value with what you get when paying for the whole season. ALL live home games (Cup games included) and also live away games from the games that are being shown on tv anyway (ie games covered by Sky, BT Sports etc will also be on Hibs TV). Not to mention all the interesting interviews that you get from the site also.

......Have you read all this to the end and still not signed up?! GET ON IT! :thumbsup::agree::flag:

Mango Man
23-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Signed up a couple of days after the Aberdeen game, was choking on seeing extended highlights. So far so good.

Peevemor
23-10-2015, 05:24 AM
It's indinspensible for me. As many have already said, the service has improved no end recently (even though Cliff still does my head in).

AZhibee
23-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Hibs TV is my season ticket and my only way to be in ER!

Big90inOz
23-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Fantastic service
I remember watching a very early stream which I had to keep secret , ended up with about 8 of us crowded around a small monitor at 11.00 at night with footage for a few minutes and then buffering for a few mins and we thought it was great. It's came on leaps and bounds since then to the point where it's seemless. You still need a half decent connection. I hope the guys who run this realise how appreciated this service is for those of us living in far off parts of the world.

PatHead
23-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Fantastic service
I remember watching a very early stream which I had to keep secret , ended up with about 8 of us crowded around a small monitor at 11.00 at night with footage for a few minutes and then buffering for a few mins and we thought it was great. It's came on leaps and bounds since then to the point where it's seemless. You still need a half decent connection. I hope the guys who run this realise how appreciated this service is for those of us living in far off parts of the world.

Why don't you (and anyone else who wants to) send in an email to Hibs letting them know?

Sure it would be appreciated by all involved.

Try GMailer@hibernianfc.co.uk

southsider
23-10-2015, 01:23 PM
For those of us who only find football on the wireless by turning a knob can some kind person please explain how Hibs TV works. I keep hearing things like live streams etc but not a clue what is means. Also do you get it on a computer any where in the world ? Also do you get Hibs away games on it if they are on TV ? Am going to Oz at xmas and want to see the The Rangers game which starts at midnight Oz time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
23-10-2015, 01:29 PM
For those of us who only find football on the wireless by turning a knob can some kind person please explain how Hibs TV works. I keep hearing things like live streams etc but not a clue what is means. Also do you get it on a computer any where in the world ? Also do you get Hibs away games on it if they are on TV ? Am going to Oz at xmas and want to see the The Rangers game which starts at midnight Oz time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. GGTTH

Its actually very easy to use. When you log in, you can go to "live game", and from there, there will eaither be a play button to start live audio, or a mini screen (which you can make to full screen) to press play on to start live video.
With the Rangers game being at Ibrox, I'm not sure if HibsTV will show it, but the fact that the game is live on tv means I think it will indeed be on HibsTV.

HibsTV shows ALL home games in live video format for oversees viewers, and audio for nearly every single home and away game for UK listeners. Your computer will detect whether you are in or out of the UK, so you do not need to do anything different with your UK subscription when you are abroad, you will automatically be able to access the live video.
You will be able to sign on on most PC's (with a decent internet signal) but I have used my iphone & ipad in the past.

Peevemor
23-10-2015, 01:32 PM

When you subscribe you set your user name and password, meaning you can log in from anywhere if you have a decent internet connection. All home games are shown live as well as, as you say, away games which are being televised live in the UK. My experience is that it works fine on a pc or on an android phone/tablet on wifi - for ipads and the like I'll let others anwser the question.

If you can get a decent connection I suggest you subscribe for a month when you're away. If you keep your subscription going when you're in the UK, you'll also get live online commentary of all matches as well as all the highlights (and full matches) to watch later. There's also loads of interviews, dev. squad highlights and stuff to watch too.

surreyhibbie
23-10-2015, 01:38 PM
I subscribe, but as I live in England I can only get the audio. Would love to watch the games but understand legal reasons etc. Unfortunately I am only ever abroad during the close season so never get to see the games!

Great service and the only way I can realistically keep in touch, keep up the good work guys.

:thumbsup: