PDA

View Full Version : Match Goal v Falkirk

Billy
21-10-2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview

Thought that we should have had a penalty before the one that was awarded.

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2015, 08:47 AM
CLEAR foul on Gray from the corner, so Houston can bleat all he likes, but it balances out. He needs to "deal with it".

Hibbyradge
21-10-2015, 09:00 AM
The challenge against Gray was a foul, but I didn't think the second incident was even close to being a penalty.

Even if it was deliberate obstruction, would it be a penalty? I thought obstruction, and playing in a dangerous manner, were penalised by an indirect free kick. :confused:

portyhibernian
21-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Push on Gray possibly was a penalty but I don't think the ref gave it for that one. The 'challenge' on McGinn was definitely not a penalty IMO, I'd be raging if the ref gave them a penalty for that in our box.

MB62
21-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Push on Gray possibly was a penalty but I don't think the ref gave it for that one. The 'challenge' on McGinn was definitely not a penalty IMO, I'd be raging if the ref gave them a penalty for that in our box.

POSSIBLY?????????????

He was barged in the back as he was getting ready to header the ball.

Nae possibly about it, a definite penalty.

liamh2202
21-10-2015, 10:15 AM
The challenge against Gray was a foul, but I didn't think the second incident was even close to being a penalty.

Even if it was deliberate obstruction, would it be a penalty? I thought obstruction, and playing in a dangerous manner, were penalised by an indirect free kick. :confused:

I've not seen an indirect free kick in the box for obstruction for years.. I often wonder when they stopped giving them

Libby Hibby
21-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry but in my opinion, it's a penalty it's as soft as you like but it's still a penalty, would be taking/claiming it as a hibby but raging if it was given against. It's one of those ones.

Let's not dwell on it, good three points last night, move on to Saturday and focus on gaining the 3 points in Kirkcaldy.

GGTTH.

Godsahibby
21-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Never a penalty. If it was given against us I would not be happy.

The incident before that with the Falkirk player knocking into Gray was a penalty, maybe the ref realised right away he should have given it!

brog
21-10-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm glad AS raised the Gray "penalty" in his interview on Sportsound last night, none of the "neutral" commentators would have! IMO the ref realised he'd messed up & quickly took the chance to level things up. Bit like when a ref realises he's wrongly awarded a corner, he always blows for an imaginary foul when the corner is taken! I also liked AS referring to how well we dealt with crosses, nice wee dig at Houston!

Carheenlea
21-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Looked a penalty last night from full length of pitch away, but after viewing it is a very soft award indeed. Mind you, if that happened in centre circle most referees would probably award s free kick.
What should be noted though is how composed Jason Cummings was for the spot kick itself. He had quite a while to dwell over it during the lengthy time the referee took as he batted away protesting players and then ordered encroaching Falkirk players back. Jason stroked it calmly and beautifully into opposite corner from Saturday's penalty strike.

brog
21-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Looked a penalty last night from full length of pitch away, but after viewing it is a very soft award indeed. Mind you, if that happened in centre circle most referees would probably award s free kick.
What should be noted though is how composed Jason Cummings was for the spot kick itself. He had quite a while to dwell over it during the lengthy time the referee took as he batted away protesting players and then ordered encroaching Falkirk players back. Jason stroked it calmly and beautifully into opposite corner from Saturday's penalty strike.

Spot on, I meant to say something similar in my original post. I liked the way he changed corners. With Leigh he hit his first 7 or so to the same place. You knew he had to change sometime & he luckily got away with a poor pen when he did. Now JC has all the options available. Excellent pen, he doesn't lack confidence!

LaMotta
21-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Dunno what Houston is bleating on about. It was two half pens at the very least and everyone knows from their youth that two half pens makes a pen.

Salisbury Hibby
21-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Good to see Gray moving Jason away from the bampot in the crowd and to see Jason not getting involved either.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

21-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Think the ref's made a hash of it and undoubtedly still scarred from his gaffs in the M'well/Celtic match.

Challenge on Gray was in my view a foul (and we should have been awarded as a penalty for it). Ref dithers, probably thinking the ball breaks to Jason to smash into the net. That doesn't happen and he dithers again. McGinn looses his footing slips and runs into the Falkirk player within seconds (my view no foul) but the bumbling ref by this point has lost it and he's thinking he should have awarded a penalty for the initial challenge. He awards the penalty and I bet within seconds it runs through his head "what have I done?".................too late!

One thing for sure Muir is one of the worst refs out there.

Ozyhibby
21-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Think the ref's made a hash of it and undoubtedly still scarred from his gaffs in the M'well/Celtic match.

Challenge on Gray was in my view a foul (and we should have been awarded as a penalty for it). Ref dithers, probably thinking the ball breaks to Jason to smash into the net. That doesn't happen and he dithers again. McGinn looses his footing slips and runs into the Falkirk player within seconds (my view no foul) but the bumbling ref by this point has lost it and he's thinking he should have awarded a penalty for the initial challenge. He awards the penalty and I bet within seconds it runs through his head "what have I done?".................too late!

That looks exactly like what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
21-10-2015, 02:50 PM

Guess who is refereeing the Hertz game this weekend. :greengrin

Bet you the outrage will go off the scale if he makes a contentious decision there. Wee Preston will explode if it is against and say nothing if he gives it for them.

snooky
21-10-2015, 02:59 PM
TBH, that was a terrible decision - never a penalty in a million years.
The push on Gray however, was as blatant a penalty as you'll ever see.
Poor refereeing but hey, swings & roundabouts.
Nice for Hibs to get a rare shot on the swings.

bigwheel
21-10-2015, 03:05 PM
TBH, that was a terrible decision - never a penalty in a million years.
The push on Gray however, was as blatant a penalty as you'll ever see.
Poor refereeing but hey, swings & roundabouts.
Nice for Hibs to get a rare shot on the swings.

could be wrong, but I'm assuming he realised he should have blown for the Gray incident, and then made amends by calling the McGinn block as a penalty...either way, it's quite unusual to get an upside of a bad call...so will take it.

O'Rourke3
21-10-2015, 03:36 PM
]Looked a penalty last night from full length of pitch away[/B], but after viewing it is a very soft award indeed. Mind you, if that happened in centre circle most referees would probably award s free kick.
:agree:. Ref said to Housten at half time exactly that, he'd have given it in the center circle.

Alex Trager
21-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Cannot seem to get the goal on the free view highlights?

Billy
21-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Cannot seem to get the goal on the free view highlights?

Just under the video player there is a heading "Similar Videos". If you look down then the goal highlight is there.

The video has just been pushed down due to the managers video being added on the Freeview section.

Monts
21-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Just under the video player there is a heading "Similar Videos". If you look down then the goal highlight is there.

The video has just been pushed down due to the managers video being added on the Freeview section.

For me the video stops after the penalty incident and I don't see the goal

Edit: It has worked fine on the desktop

green.and.white
21-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Wooow that was never a penalty :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: fantastic, up he Houston

greenlex
21-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Along with a couple of others in the minority I think the Falkirk player does move to check McGinns run. The ref would also get s different angle that would make it look worse. Penalty decision isn't the shocker it first seems.

Eyrie
21-10-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't think even Craig Thomson would have given that as a penalty against us. But I'll take the goal and the three points anyway.

dangermouse
21-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Link takes me to Stubbs interview, no goal highlights :confused:

CockneyRebel
21-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Along with a couple of others in the minority I think the Falkirk player does move to check McGinns run. The ref would also get s different angle that would make it look worse. Penalty decision isn't the shocker it first seems.

That's how I see it and I can't believe anyone can watch the video and not see it- from the camera angle you can see him move his upper body and his right arm into McGinn's path, a clear body check/obstruction and as you say the ref was closer and had a better angle and must have seen him move across so I can't agree that it was a soft or controversial decision. It also looked like a penalty seconds before when Gray gets shoved to the ground so Falkirk get no sympathy from me.

IrnBru22
21-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Link takes me to Stubbs interview, no goal highlights :confused:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10037170/controversial-penalty-hands-hibs-win

lucky
21-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Whilst it was soft why did the falkirk player not play the ball Instead of the man?

Sergey
21-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Put the vino down, greenlex and wipe your specs when you sober-up in the morning.

That was never a penalty.

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2015, 08:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10037170/controversial-penalty-hands-hibs-win

ta couldn't find the video on the official site

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Great refereeing as he obviously lets play run to see if an advantage accrues to Hibs before awarding the pen 😉. Nice finish from Cummings who waited for the keeper to move.

O'Rourke3
21-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Put the vino down, greenlex and wipe your specs when you sober-up in the morning.

:top marksBeazer Homes League fowks ken whits goin oan

greenlex
22-10-2015, 07:41 AM

:hilarious