PDA

View Full Version : Saturday/Sunday Football Club recruiting?

madhatter
21-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Looking to get playing football again, was wondering if there were any fan clubs or clubs that someone is a member of that are looking for players? Any information would be much appreciated.

Can play pretty much anywhere bar in goals (that would be catastrophic), best positions are probably in midfield or upfront.

Leith Green
21-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Looking to get playing football again, was wondering if there were any fan clubs or clubs that someone is a member of that are looking for players? Any information would be much appreciated.

Can play pretty much anywhere bar in goals (that would be catastrophic), best positions are probably in midfield or upfront.

Been looking to this myself preferably on a Sunday. Let me know if you get any joy.

Onceinawhile
21-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Try the hibeernian section of the forum?

No idea if they're still on the go though.

easty
21-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Are you good?

madhatter
21-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Are you good?

The cocky side of me says 'Yes', the realistic side says 'Maybe'. Being honest, I got invited down to Manchester for a trial when I was much younger but didn't go for it. So I was quite good then, still two-footed obviously and have retained most of my speed. Apart from that, I honestly can't assess myself without playing some games. Take me a few games to get up to speed with 11s probably.

easty
21-10-2015, 12:20 PM
The cocky side of me says 'Yes', the realistic side says 'Maybe'. Being honest, I got invited down to Manchester for a trial when I was much younger but didn't go for it. So I was quite good then, still two-footed obviously and have retained most of my speed. Apart from that, I honestly can't assess myself without playing some games. Take me a few games to get up to speed with 11s probably.

Where about in Edinburgh are do you live?

madhatter
22-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Where about in Edinburgh are do you live?

Gilmerton area.

easty
22-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Gilmerton area.

Wrong side of town for my team really, we train at Craigmount High School on a Wednesday night, you're welcome to come along if you fancy it.

Danderhall have a decent amateur side, good set up there as well. Bit closer to you.