20-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Get it right up you! :giruy2:

Thecat23
20-10-2015, 09:00 PM

👆🏼 This!!!

Alfred E Newman
20-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Even Craig Patterson was engulfed by the tripe being spewed by Preston and that Rangers fud McLean.
Hibs get a controversial penalty and it's the end of the world. Well at least it was inside the box!!

weecounty hibby
20-10-2015, 09:13 PM
👍👍👍 it is turning into a radio equivalent of a jambo fanzine. Slate Hibs at every turn, openly laugh at our players, question decisions when they go in our favour, ignore the multitude of pens that the yams and Huns get, witch hunt against Garry O, the list goes on. ****ing amateurs that we are unfortunately having our licence fees keep in a standard of living that most can only dream about. On aye let's not forget free football every week and foreign trips for internationals and Euro games. They are an embarrassment

mca
20-10-2015, 09:16 PM
BBC CLOWNS... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Bishop Hibee
20-10-2015, 09:17 PM
I switched on for the second half after coming in from work. Dreadful monotone commentary about 3 seconds behind what's actually happening. Add that roaster Preston and that's me back to following via Twitter and SSN. Forth2 far superior last season.

Barney McGrew
20-10-2015, 09:18 PM
The irony of Preston whining about Hibs being given a dubious penalty when Hertz get one every week is breathtaking.

Welt.

gaz1875
20-10-2015, 09:20 PM
They said they were all at the other end of the stadium so may not have seen the challenge clearly, but it was definitely never a penalty WTF :confused:

poolman
20-10-2015, 09:22 PM
They said they were all at the other end of the stadium so may not have seen the challenge clearly, but it was definitely never a penalty WTF :confused:

Definitely was a penalty

The ref gave it and we scored

The Harp Awakes
20-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Had to turn the radio off half way through the 2nd half. Couldn't stand listening to their bias and drivel any more.

The hypocrisy of the BBC pundits has no limit. When you think about all the dodgy decisions the OF, and particularly old hun/new hun, have had over the years and it barely raises a mention. Add this to their love affair with the media darlings Aberdeen, and it really does want to make you puke every time you hear them:brickwall

snooky
20-10-2015, 09:43 PM
BBC do great nature documentaries.
As for all the other stuff :sick:

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2015, 09:47 PM
BBC do great nature documentaries.
As for all the other stuff :sick:

to be fair any games involving the ibrox neanderthals could come under the nature category

monktonharp
20-10-2015, 09:50 PM
see my lat post , on previous thread. Picket. Boycott. lets get the message over, to all concerned with this bunch o' torags!

monktonharp
20-10-2015, 09:52 PM
what time do they turn up, before a match to set up their biased commentary position? :cb

heretoday
20-10-2015, 10:02 PM
I didn't think they were too bad! McLean is an awful bore of course but Craig Paterson is pretty fair and even Preston was saying a lot of good things about Hibs. Why would the BBC be biased against Hibs?

Hiber-nation
20-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Just seen it on SSN. Wow....I actually thought it might have been a pen from up the other end but not a chance. We don't get many of these :greengrin

emerald green
20-10-2015, 10:20 PM
I didn't think they were too bad! McLean is an awful bore of course but Craig Paterson is pretty fair and even Preston was saying a lot of good things about Hibs. Why would the BBC be biased against Hibs?

:agree: It's not the BBC, as a broadcaster, which is biased against Hibs. How can an institution as large and diverse as the BBC be biased against a particular Scottish football club, whether it's Hibs or any other club for that matter? That's nonsense.

It's some of the people they employ, such as Preston, who cannot hide their bias against Hibs. Preston is just an insignificant wee cog in a very big wheel who happens to anger Hibs fans with his biased commentaries.

jabis
20-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Glad you've got your own whinging thread, could you keep it here and stop bugging us with your celtic and the rangers style "naebody loves us "*****, cheers!

Jim44
20-10-2015, 10:36 PM

Why they are biased is totally irrelevent. The facts speak for themselves. A number of their pundits openly, consistently and continually ridicule, criticise and put down Hibs, more so than any other team in Scotland - fact. If there was any balance in their standards, these morons would be hauled up for their pettiness, but they're not. Silence and lack of reaction by their editors and producers says it all for me.

Vini1875
20-10-2015, 10:41 PM
It all evens out over the course of a season. Is that the usual line when we are denied a penalty? Well it partly evened up tonight :na na:

monktonharp
20-10-2015, 10:55 PM
It all evens out over the course of a season. Is that the usual line when we are denied a penalty? Well it partly evened up tonight :na na:disnae. and by that, I mean it Disnae even out in relation to biased comments. sorry, and by that I am not sorry other than disagreeing with you Vinny.

monktonharp
20-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Why they are biased is totally irrelevent. The facts speak for themselves. A number of their pundits openly, consistently and continually ridicule, criticise and put down Hibs, more so than any other team in Scotland - fact. If there was any balance in their standards, these morons would be hauled up for their pettiness, but they're not. Silence and lack of reaction by their editors and producers says it all for me.:agree:

The Green Goblin
20-10-2015, 11:04 PM
BBC = Billy Brown's Cardigan

MrSmith
21-10-2015, 06:07 AM
I like dr who.

Nameless
21-10-2015, 06:13 AM
I listened to the first half, and heard them praise the hibs support, praise Stubbs tactics, praise hibs attacking performance, and rightly criticise a soft penalty award. Were all the snide, biased comments in the second half?

Thecat23
21-10-2015, 06:21 AM
Glad you've got your own whinging thread, could you keep it here and stop bugging us with your celtic and the rangers style "naebody loves us "*****, cheers!

Yet you feel the need to come on a bore us with a ***** post? If you don't like it don't read it it's not rocket science is it?

BBC Sport sound is as biased as you can get 👍🏼 Thankfully I don't have to listen to it much and as for the BBC it's full of peado's and should have been taken off air years ago with its chronic programmes and hugely over priced licence.

God that felt good.

Thecat23
21-10-2015, 06:22 AM
I listened to the first half, and heard them praise the hibs support, praise Stubbs tactics, praise hibs attacking performance, and rightly criticise a soft penalty award. Were all the snide, biased comments in the second half?

Yes.

Also for the past 5 seasons on a weekly basis.

erin go bragh
21-10-2015, 06:22 AM
Prefer to get updates of our game's through my Twitter( if I'm not attending ) Hell of a lot better than listening to they clowns .

GGTTH

CentreLine
21-10-2015, 06:34 AM

I found myself getting more than a little agitated at the start of the programme when all the talk was aimed at suggesting Alan Stubbs' coat was on a shaky peg. It really annoyed me that the presenters were making a big thing about the pressure being on AS to get promoted this year and failure to do that would get him his jotters. WTF! we are only a quarter of the way through the season but it struck me that they are desperate to be as negative as possible about Hibs and to do everything they can to undermine the great work being done at ER. After the game it was the reverse inasmuch as they couldn't contain their desire to make the point that referee mistakes can lead to managers being sacked. But that was of course in support of Houston.

Normally I am one of those rare people that actually enjoy the stupidity and banter of the Sportsound Team but last night was a step too far for me.

Thecat23
21-10-2015, 06:41 AM
I found myself getting more than a little agitated at the start of the programme when all the talk was aimed at suggesting Alan Stubbs' coat was on a shaky peg. It really annoyed me that the presenters were making a big thing about the pressure being on AS to get promoted this year and failure to do that would get him his jotters. WTF! we are only a quarter of the way through the season but it struck me that they are desperate to be as negative as possible about Hibs and to do everything they can to undermine the great work being done at ER. After the game it was the reverse inasmuch as they couldn't contain their desire to make the point that referee mistakes can lead to managers being sacked. But that was of course in support of Houston.

Normally I am one of those rare people that actually enjoy the stupidity and banter of the Sportsound Team but last night was a step too far for me.

Bang on.

Spike Mandela
21-10-2015, 06:50 AM
:agree: It's not the BBC, as a broadcaster, which is biased against Hibs. How can an institution as large and diverse as the BBC be biased against a particular Scottish football club, whether it's Hibs or any other club for that matter? That's nonsense.

It's some of the people they employ, such as Preston, who cannot hide their bias against Hibs. Preston is just an insignificant wee cog in a very big wheel who happens to anger Hibs fans with his biased commentaries.

It's the fact that presenters encourage Preston to be biased and say witty banter type things about Hibs which would be fair enough if that was how they treated everybody.

Could you imagine Richard Gordon encouraging Murdo to take the mick out of Rangers or Derek Ferguson encouraged to have snide remarks about Celtic?

Preston doesn't realise he is being patronised, encouraged to act like a court jester he not only belittles himself but Edinburgh football in general.

mjhibby
21-10-2015, 06:52 AM

The most annoying part of the after match analysis was that there was no discussion of the game itself and whether we deserved to win. I don't listen to it anymore as i find it so cringeworthingly embarrassing. Their bias against hibs is now funny as it shows just how poor the are at their job. If any commentator on match of the day showed that intense dislike of an epl team the phone lines would go ballistic and the offender quickly dropped. Only in this bigoted,ignorant country is this tripe allowed to be broadcast. God knows how bad it will be when we are back in the spell.

Onion
21-10-2015, 07:47 AM
My issue with BBC Sportsound is that it was the only way to listen to this match, free of charge - and it was genuinely painful. It's reasonable to expect some interesting, balanced broadcasting but instead we were subjected to dull, monotoned, disinterested claptrap for the first 30 mins. The commentators sounded like they wanted to be anywhere other than at a Falkirk v Hibs match, despite it being key for both teams (this happened to coincide with Hibs best spell in the game).

That all changed when Hibs were awarded the penalty. After that, Preston and Gordon simply used the show to vent their dislike for the referee and acted like aggrieved teenage fanboys - mocking Hibs players and tactics at every opportunity. Handing their show over to Falkirk fans at HT was utterly ridiculous. Towards the end, they were salivating at the thought of Houston's reaction, but in fairness to him he was relatively calm and restrained, which you could sense upset the Sportsound interviewer.

If there was any decent, objective competition, Sportsound would be dead as a show or have to be honest and rebrand itself as OF Radio. Terrible show.

Greencore
21-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Why the hell did they go round the stadium at halftime asking the Falkirk fans if it was a penalty?! Can you imagine if this was at the the Rangers game? I wonder why they haven't done that there........ Haha

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-10-2015, 07:51 AM
I took out a subscription on Hibs Radio last night for the first time even knowing it was free on the BBC, that's how bad I rate them.

Just a wee ask to the Hibs commentator (can't mind his name) please take yer mooth away from the mic when clearing your throat! :aok:

Diclonius
21-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Every media report of the game focuses on "oh it was a contentious penalty, dodgy penalty there, that was a soft penalty eh, Hibs got lucky with that penalty."

I don't recall this level of hysteria EVER happening for ANY of Hearts/Rangers' 37471947195902 penalties this season.

****ing ridiculous.

worcesterhibby
21-10-2015, 08:36 AM
easy answer, subscribe to Hibs TV..money to the club..Hibs biased commentary..simples

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Stubbs' post match interview was decent. When asked about the contentious decision he asked "which one? When David Gray was pushed over and no penalty was given?"

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2015, 08:53 AM
easy answer, subscribe to Hibs TV..money to the club..Hibs biased commentary..simples

They even thought it was a penalty, that's how fair they are. :agree:

Borderhibbie76
21-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Bang on.

Absolutely, I listened to the pre match interview with Stubbs think it was fat kenny mac the yam interviewing. His question was along the lines of Alan, will it be disastrous if Hibs dont win promotion this year?? Imean really, why would you ask that 10 games into a season...ridiculous question dealtwith superbly by Stubbsy who simply replied "ask me again at the end of the season"

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 09:22 AM
Absolutely, I listened to the pre match interview with Stubbs think it was fat kenny mac the yam interviewing. His question was along the lines of Alan, will it be disastrous if Hibs dont win promotion this year?? Imean really, why would you ask that 10 games into a season...ridiculous question dealtwith superbly by Stubbsy who simply replied "ask me again at the end of the season"
It was another yam, Brian McLauglan who did the interviews.
Thought his questioning was terrible, tried to get Stubbs to criticise the ref

banarc7062
21-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Does that include the pre match comments that our manager is under pressure???? GGTTH

w pilton hibby
21-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Does that include the pre match comments that our manager is under pressure???? GGTTH

They are just catching up with hibs.net

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?303127-Is-Alan-Stubbs-the-right-man-to-get-Hibs-up

ekhibee
21-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Some excellent points, particularly by SM and Onion. I can't stand Preston, but he's definitely encouraged to buy into the over-sensationalist pro-Hearts bias by people like Gordon, McLaughlin and McIntyre, although he doesn't take much persuading obviously. The standard of football analysis on Sportsound is very poor IMO, very often it doesn't give a true reflection of the game at all, but often it is the only nationwide broadcaster that is covering the game, so you don't have much choice but to listen to it and read between the lines. They therefore have an open forum to express their biasses at any time they choose without any fear of recrimination. A good example of that is the coverage they gave to Neilson mumping openly about Willie Collum, while not even balancing the discussion by mentioning Hearts pretty woeful disciplinary record over their last few seasons in the SPFL or the amount of dubious decisions they get in their favour at Tynecastle. Can't see it changing soon TBH, but that's just my opinion.

Oscar T Grouch
21-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Whilst the constant digs at Hibs don't really get to me, the fact that they don't actually commentate on the games annoys the hell out of me. I want them to describe what's going on in the pitch even if it's very little but all we get is 2 hours of them talking sheeit and barely anything about the game! I remember in the old days listening to football commentary and being able to visualise the game in my head with the descriptions given, not now, but maybe that's my head!

PatHead
21-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Whilst the constant digs at Hibs don't really get to me, the fact that they don't actually commentate on the games annoys the hell out of me. I want them to describe what's going on in the pitch even if it's very little but all we get is 2 hours of them talking sheeit and barely anything about the game! I remember in the old days listening to football commentary and being able to visualise the game in my head with the descriptions given, not now, but maybe that's my head!

Exactly how I feel. Get so frustrated wondering what is happening when you hear a roar in the background.

Danderhall Hibs
21-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Exactly how I feel. Get so frustrated wondering what is happening when you hear a roar in the background.

I thought it was a live commentary last night? Did they do an Open all Mics to cover the 2 matches?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Presumable Mr Connor is no longer? Can anyone determine who the editor is?

http://www.allmediascotland.com/broadcasting/17967/sportsound-picks-up-a-sony/

Was in response to the slump in listeners ..
http://m.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/radio-scotland-losing-1-500-listeners-a-week-1-789294

My take is they are taking a more commercial stance to attract and retain listeners (positioning prior to the rethink on the license fee?) Being deliberately controversial attracts eyeballs listeners. And there's no skill required just listen to that Katie Hopkin.

But as public broadcasters their remit should be to be balanced.

PatHead
21-10-2015, 11:39 AM
I thought it was a live commentary last night? Did they do an Open all Mics to cover the 2 matches?

Was at the game last night so don't know. Was talking generally.

SkintHibby
21-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Dinny pay your TV licence. Simples!

Moulin Yarns
21-10-2015, 12:01 PM

It was commentary on the radio from our game with occasional "Nothing is happening at Ibrox" for good measure.

Oscar T Grouch
21-10-2015, 12:01 PM

Thats what I am saying, it was meant to be a live commentary on the game and what was going on in the game was mentioned occasionally, it is frustrating to say the least. I can't listen to OAMs now, it's like audible ipecac :greengrin

Fife-Hibee
21-10-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm finished with these holes Hibs radio from now on !

O'Rourke3
21-10-2015, 01:23 PM
I usually have the radio on OAM when watching. Interesting the difference in sumariding. Willie Millar vs Morton - nothing happening terrible game no shots on goal etc. Charlie Mann vs Dumbarton. All Hibs. Good open game. Entertaining. What these guys should be doing is talking the game up not letting everyone think its misery from the off.....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Northern Hibby
21-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Biased meh! OTT reaction to a soft penalty decision, guilty!

FranckSuzy
21-10-2015, 01:35 PM
To me, the issue is that Sportsound is 'made' by a public-service broadcaster. If it were a commercial radio station and the listening figures dropped/complaints were constantly being sent in, they would act. As it is, they probably enjoy the controversy and lap up our protests :rolleyes:

c31
21-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Alan Stubbs is the guest in the studio tonight I hear...

ancient hibee
21-10-2015, 05:23 PM
An old codger writes-radio football commentaries were much better when there was only one commentator who actually told you what was happening-nowadays when there are two it's like two people nattering away without watching the game.As for TV games I watch them with the sound up loud enough for the crowd noise but without having to listen to the commentary.We should remember that one of the problems with Sportsound is the policy of employing explayers who couldn't cut in the game after they retired and are also unable to speak properly.

DH1875
21-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Alan Stubbs is the guest in the studio tonight I hear...

If thats confirmed, I might tune in.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 05:39 PM
If thats confirmed, I might tune in.

He's on now

Alfred E Newman
21-10-2015, 05:40 PM
" Aw naw, he's given the penalty" Preston last night.

givescotlandfreedom
21-10-2015, 05:47 PM
The Scotsman now has an article up with the 9 worst refereeing decisions this season I. Scotland. After talking about our 'phantom' penalty it lists a few more decisions. Hearts get a mention - they were on the receiving end of course!

emerald green
21-10-2015, 05:51 PM
" Aw naw, he's given the penalty" Preston last night.

I've said exactly the same, many times, when terrible penalties have been awarded against Hibs.

The problem with Preston though is that nobody will believe for a second that his words / reaction would have been exactly the same if the penalty had been awarded to Falkirk. I could imagine him sneakily punching the air, with a big grin on his silly fat face, if it had been given to Falkirk.

Golden Bear
21-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Absolutely no mention of last night's victory on Reporting Scotland but of course there was footage of the rangers victory over Livvy. Why am I not surprised?

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2015, 05:58 PM
stubbsy made a good point in his interview last night, why no 4th official at last nights game ? only two games on in scotland and they couldn't send a 4th official to a pretty important game ?

Nameless
21-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Yes.

Also for the past 5 seasons on a weekly basis.

Last night was the first time I'd listened. I wouldn't have thought we'd get that much coverage, given that we are in the first.

hibsbollah
21-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Stubbs coming across well. As has been said, why is this issue never mentioned on sportsound on the multiple occasions when Hibs are the victims? Talk about Craig Thomsons stats versus hibs ffs!

Spike Mandela
21-10-2015, 06:13 PM
One thing is for sure with all this mock outrage in the media about last night's penalty decision we won't get a pen against Raith or Rangers even if our player is decapitated in the box.

Media job done.:cb

Cod Boy
21-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Got to laugh at Mr Preston commenting on the standard of referees in Scotland.Take a look at the standard of the dross on radio Scotland before you try and criticise anybody.

xyz23jc
21-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Stubbs coming across well. As has been said, why is this issue never mentioned on sportsound on the multiple occasions when Hibs are the victims? Talk about Craig Thomsons stats versus hibs ffs!

Didn't hear that a******** name mentioned once, was screaming and ranting like a nutter about him too!
Jeezo, all this because Hibs get a dubious penalty decision, we now have a game in crisis! What they going to be like when we go up ahead of the vermin!!! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2015, 06:20 PM
preston is just a big fat mess with a wee squeaky girly voice

bigwheel
21-10-2015, 06:23 PM

My vote for post of the year! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-10-2015, 06:36 PM
My vote for post of the year! :greengrin

gets my vote as well :greengrin

Ayrshire Hibbie
21-10-2015, 07:09 PM
I well remember the excellent commentary of matches with David Francis. You could follow the play and feel the excitement. Today's commentators are very poor.

c31
21-10-2015, 07:13 PM
I well remember the excellent commentary of matches with David Francis. You could follow the play and feel the excitement. Today's commentators are very poor.

Except when Hibs took the lead at Ibrox and he couldn't bring himself to tell us...just another hun...

Onion
21-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Absolutely no mention of last night's victory on Reporting Scotland but of course there was footage of the rangers victory over Livvy. Why am I not surprised?

No issue with that. Softly, softly ...... :wink:

heretoday
21-10-2015, 07:21 PM
I don't get it. I think we're all being a bit paranoid.

Why should the media take against Hibs?

superfurryhibby
21-10-2015, 07:36 PM
I don't get it. I think we're all being a bit paranoid.

Why should the media take against Hibs?

Are we Celtic in disguise?

Ah like a moan as much as the next man, but some folk are getting a bit over "aroused" and taking it all too far.

Iggy Pope
21-10-2015, 07:41 PM

Francie maybe? He was a blethering auld eejit.

mca
21-10-2015, 08:05 PM
One thing is for sure with all this mock outrage in the media about last night's penalty decision we won't get a pen against Raith or Rangers even if our player is decapitated in the box.

Media job done.:cb

Totally Agree...

What's the Odds on Not Getting Another Penalty.. All Season.. :wink:

Kato
21-10-2015, 08:38 PM
The Scotsman now has an article up with the 9 worst refereeing decisions this season I. Scotland. After talking about our 'phantom' penalty it lists a few more decisions. Hearts get a mention - they were on the receiving end of course!

Most/All of the media willfully ignoring the foul on Gray just before the pen was given. Even though Stubbs pointed it out.

3pm
21-10-2015, 09:17 PM

Auld Hawkeye at his best in Turin tonight. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 09:18 PM

Glad I'm not alone with that thought...

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Sorry off topic. Heading into Ayr this weekend any recommendations bar wise? Or places to avoid?

Ayrshire Hibbie
21-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Sorry off topic. Heading into Ayr this weekend any recommendations bar wise? Or places to avoid?

Ship Inn, Irvine, has a pleasant, cosy atmosphere.

hhibs
21-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Francie maybe? He was a blethering auld eejit.

No way,the commentary was excellent and he could make a blade of grass growing exciting.

Plenty supporters took there tranys(no not them ones the radio kind) to games to listen to his commentary.........even on the games they were watching!

Even better, no bias ,just loved the game.

O'Rourke3
21-10-2015, 09:45 PM
No way,the commentary was excellent and he could make a blade of grass growing exciting.

Plenty supporters took there tranys(no not them ones the radio kind) to games to listen to his commentary.........even on the games they were watching!

This :agree:

Thecat23
21-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Last night was the first time I'd listened. I wouldn't have thought we'd get that much coverage, given that we are in the first.

Hibs are still a big club in Scotland so not sure why you would think that. The Rangers are still in this league so they kind of have to give us coverage considering we are the closest challengers!

greenlad
21-10-2015, 10:32 PM

In the more recent past we had Alistair Alexander and David Begg both excellent commentators backed up by the ever knowledgeable Bob Crampsey who didn't need an excuse to eulogise the Hibs, Hearts, Dundee or Kilmarnock teams of the 50s and 60s. That's only about 15 years ago but Sportsound is on another level these days.....

Nameless
22-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Hibs are still a big club in Scotland so not sure why you would think that. The Rangers are still in this league so they kind of have to give us coverage considering we are the closest challengers!

I meant I thought they would be like BBC tv, where we get very little coverage. It seems anything that comes out of "Warbs" mouth is reported in depth, every other club in the league gets nowt.

Mikey09
22-10-2015, 05:22 AM
I meant I thought they would be like BBC tv, where we get very little coverage. It seems anything that comes out of "Warbs" mouth is reported in depth, every other club in the league gets nowt.

Correct! They will quite happily discuss "Stubbs's future at Hibs" though! Wish someone would ask them what "Warbs" should do if he doesn't get them promoted this season... I think they'd all self combust! Bunch of absolute amateurs.

Alex Trager
22-10-2015, 07:35 AM
I think it makes it sweeter when we do win.

It doesn't bother me a great deal.

I just think of how good it is that we have annoyed them by beating Aberdeen. Or by getting a dodgy penalty.
It's clear that it has wound them up.

I enjoy that.

Geo_1875
22-10-2015, 09:12 AM
[/B]

Correct! They will quite happily discuss "Stubbs's future at Hibs" though! Wish someone would ask them what "Warbs" should do if he doesn't get them promoted this season... I think they'd all self combust! Bunch of absolute amateurs.

Surely he'll be lined up for one of the big EPL clubs. It must have been a coin-toss between him and Klopp for the Liverpool job.

Alfred E Newman
22-10-2015, 09:05 PM

Great commentator. As for Rob McLean , it's like listening to someone commentating on the 2 o'clock at Mortonhall.

Hiber-nation
22-10-2015, 09:14 PM
In the more recent past we had Alistair Alexander and David Begg both excellent commentators backed up by the ever knowledgeable Bob Crampsey who didn't need an excuse to eulogise the Hibs, Hearts, Dundee or Kilmarnock teams of the 50s and 60s. That's only about 15 years ago but Sportsound is on another level these days.....

Alistair Alexander's commentary of the 0-7 game highlights was pretty poor. Maybe had a hangover but didn't sound too enthused by the greatest game in history.

snooky
22-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Alistair Alexander's commentary of the 0-7 game highlights was pretty poor. Maybe had a hangover but didn't sound too enthused by the greatest game in history.

I was one of the last out of the ground that day.
I saw A.A. in the commentary box so I shouted up to him "You better have that down on film".
He just looked and never replied.

O'Rourke3
22-10-2015, 10:45 PM
I was one of the last out of the ground that day.
I saw A.A. in the commentary box so I shouted up to him "You better have that down on film".
He just looked and never replied.

No apologies for using this again. My ex brother in law must have been about the last in. Got in around half time, found out the score then left. Apparently being 5 down at home wasn't pleasant....

heretoday
23-10-2015, 03:33 AM
He was the Rob McLean of his day. Mogadon Man.

Broken Gnome
23-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Rob McLean.

"IT'S LUNA AGAIN!!!!"

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2015, 09:07 AM
[/B]

Thought he was away to Villa anyway. Surely Bruce Langham can put a good word in for him ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
23-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Great commentator. As for Rob McLean , it's like listening to someone commentating on the 2 o'clock at Mortonhall.
Monodrone man

hibsbollah
24-10-2015, 01:08 PM
It's about to start again. The sensible thing would be not to listen I suppose...Richard Gordon is at todders with loudmouth Liam McLeod, and Biscuits at "the best atmosphere in scotland" ie Tynecastle. We have Derek Ferguson reporting from Kirkcaldy, who sounds like he's made too many headed clearances in his career...

Col2
24-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Listening to open all mics for second half. Derek 'teddy bear' Ferguson was delighted that Raith got a goal back and was willing an equaliser. He called out 4 penalty shouts and said 'Raith players are falling all over in the box' but the referee just won't give them a penalty (as it was a travasty). Then we get 8 mins injury time when 4 announced and he is beside himself just praying for an equaliser which will help The Huns. And then final whistle and it's all serious again and doom and gloom. Then Richard Gordon Is almost dismissive of the game as per usual.

Meanwhile prat Preston is wetting himself at Tynecastle and its the usual sheep fest with the Aberdeen game full of blatant dons lovers.

Other than Craig Paterson do Sportsound employ anyone with some Hibs links (not Murdo MacLeod).

But we won so GIRUY.

Hiber-nation
24-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Maybe when we get promoted and are doing well in the SPFL these nasty Sportsound folk will like us more.

Aldo
24-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Listening to open all mics for second half. Derek 'teddy bear' Ferguson was delighted that Raith got a goal back and was willing an equaliser. He called out 4 penalty shouts and said 'Raith players are falling all over in the box' but the referee just won't give them a penalty (as it was a travasty). Then we get 8 mins injury time when 4 announced and he is beside himself just praying for an equaliser which will help The Huns. And then final whistle and it's all serious again and doom and gloom. Then Richard Gordon Is almost dismissive of the game as per usual. Meanwhile prat Preston is wetting himself at Tynecastle and its the usual sheep fest with the Aberdeen game full of blatant dons lovers. Other than Craig Paterson do Sportsound employ anyone with some Hibs links (not Murdo MacLeod). But we won so GIRUY.

Yam and sheep *****fest and its been the poor wee lambs when it comes to the yams cos it's not been their fault!

It pays to be a cheatin robbing poppy yam thief!

silverhibee
24-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Yam and sheep *****fest and its been the poor wee lambs when it comes to the yams cos it's not been their fault!

It pays to be a cheatin robbing poppy yam thief!

Is Preston a agent or just a prick who works for the anti Hibs BBC Brigade.

Aldo
24-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Is Preston a agent or just a prick who works for the anti Hibs BBC Brigade.

Doesn't matter what the F he is I know this.. he will always be a grade a yam roaster!!

silverhibee
24-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Doesn't matter what the F he is I know this.. he will always be a grade a yam roaster!!

It could if he is a agent. :wink:

Golden Bear
24-10-2015, 11:09 PM

Used to say the same aboot Gordon Smith. There's a conflict of interests there without a doubt.

CropleyWasGod
24-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Listening to open all mics for second half. Derek 'teddy bear' Ferguson was delighted that Raith got a goal back and was willing an equaliser. He called out 4 penalty shouts and said 'Raith players are falling all over in the box' but the referee just won't give them a penalty (as it was a travasty). Then we get 8 mins injury time when 4 announced and he is beside himself just praying for an equaliser which will help The Huns. And then final whistle and it's all serious again and doom and gloom. Then Richard Gordon Is almost dismissive of the game as per usual.

Meanwhile prat Preston is wetting himself at Tynecastle and its the usual sheep fest with the Aberdeen game full of blatant dons lovers.

Other than Craig Paterson do Sportsound employ anyone with some Hibs links (not Murdo MacLeod).

But we won so GIRUY.
There was no announcement about the injury time [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-10-2015, 11:31 PM
The fact they put a fat squeaky voiced yam to cover the Hearts game says it all.

If I was a County fan I'd be raging with said fat squeaky voiced yam screaming "yeeeessss" when the second went in. Thought BBC Sport Scotland was meant to be professional?

Aldo
25-10-2015, 06:58 AM

It could well be. Who in their right mind would want him as an agent?

Ban the fat yam twat from ER!

AlbertK86
25-10-2015, 07:33 AM
It could well be. Who in their right mind would want him as an agent? Ban the fat yam twat from ER!

Is he not Forsters agent or is that Medals

lucky
25-10-2015, 07:46 AM
The fact they put a fat squeaky voiced yam to cover the Hearts game says it all.

If I was a County fan I'd be raging with said fat squeaky voiced yam screaming "yeeeessss" when the second went in. Thought BBC Sport Scotland was meant to be professional?

Open all mikes is meant to be a light hearted way of reporting from various games. The fact that we are talking about them means people are tuning in. Best way to effect them is not to listen. The BBC are a fine institution and one radio show does not change that

macca70
25-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Open all mikes is meant to be a light hearted way of reporting from various games. The fact that we are talking about them means people are tuning in. Best way to effect them is not to listen. The BBC are a fine institution and one radio show does not change that

Put it on during Falkirk game midweek and had to switch it off, I don't mind Preston having a bit Hibs/Hearts banter but he was slavering pish that Stubbs will be sacked at end of this season if we don't go up!! What a load of nonsense, I doubt there is 1 Hibs fan that thinks we should be getting rid of Stubbs.

If we don't go up this year and there's no league reconstruction then we'll defo go up next year.

Preston is a tool!!

Aldo
25-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Is he not Forsters agent or is that Medals
I thought it was Medals??

Aldo
25-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Put it on during Falkirk game midweek and had to switch it off, I don't mind Preston having a bit Hibs/Hearts banter but he was slavering pish that Stubbs will be sacked at end of this season if we don't go up!! What a load of nonsense, I doubt there is 1 Hibs fan that thinks we should be getting rid of Stubbs. If we don't go up this year and there's no league reconstruction then we'll defo go up next year. Preston is a tool!!

Why go out and speak with the Falkirk Fans at HT and ask about the penalty.

Why would you do that??

No time for any of them whatsoever with their Yam/Sheep love in and their constant anti Hibs comments.

Yeah I'm all for banter but their comments are just out of order.