PDA

View Full Version : King Dom

Hibee87
20-10-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-dominique-malonga-i-don-t-care-about-lazy-comments-1-3921391#comments-area

I love big Dom, and I fail to see how any of our support cant see he a top quality player.

Ive said many times since he signed, watch him. I mean just concentrate on the guy for 10 minutes and watch is movement, his passing and his ball retention. Very rarely does he lose the ball, he always knows when and where to be on the pitch, and some of his touches/layoffs are brilliant.
I also noticed keetings having a similar good eye for a pass and getting into the right place. I think these 2 could really make a very good and frightening partnership up top. Starting tonight :flag::gwa::flag:

Bostonhibby
20-10-2015, 12:22 PM
:agree: Quality player, exactly the type of player I associate us with, not your yam style clogger/brute.

He is the sort of player we used to have a lot of in years gone by, unpredictable, skilful and a real eye for goal. There should always be a place for players like this in a Hibs squad, He has been a real good signing in my view, great to watch when he is on song.

CorrieHibs
20-10-2015, 12:23 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-dominique-malonga-i-don-t-care-about-lazy-comments-1-3921391#comments-area

I love big Dom, and I fail to see how any of our support cant see he a top quality player.

Ive said many times since he signed, watch him. I mean just concentrate on the guy for 10 minutes and watch is movement, his passing and his ball retention. Very rarely does he lose the ball, he always knows when and where to be on the pitch, and some of his touches/layoffs are brilliant.
I also noticed keetings having a similar good eye for a pass and getting into the right place. I think these 2 could really make a very good and frightening partnership up top. Starting tonight :flag::gwa::flag:

Couldn't agree with you more. An outstanding player and don't understand the criticism he gets. Very lucky we have such a good player in the team.

Smartie
20-10-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't think the criticism he gets is because anyone doubts his ability which is there for all to see.

It is more about why he doesn't always seem to show the ability that he obviously has.

He may just be inconsistent, he may have been carrying injuries at times(I actually think this is the most plausible), it may be an attitude problem, he may be getting used to a different style of football, it could be any one of a number of things.

What even his biggest critics could not deny though is that on his day he is a joy to behold and one of our best players.

I've been greatly encouraged by his last few performances and hopefully he is now kicking on to do exactly what he is capable of - which is putting in performances of the highest standard EVERY week.

Pretty Boy
20-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Great player imo.

Frustrating at times but if he could produce goals like Saturday every week then he wouldn't be at Hibs.

He has bags of quality though, always wants the ball and seems a great big guys to have about the place as well. He's close to the 1st name on the team sheet for me at the moment.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2015, 02:01 PM
he's only using us as a stepping stone to Barca :(

but lets enjoy the ride while he's here :)

Alex Trager
20-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Malongoals is extremely cool.
Sub zero

J-C
20-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't think the criticism he gets is because anyone doubts his ability which is there for all to see.

It is more about why he doesn't always seem to show the ability that he obviously has.

He may just be inconsistent, he may have been carrying injuries at times(I actually think this is the most plausible), it may be an attitude problem, he may be getting used to a different style of football, it could be any one of a number of things.

What even his biggest critics could not deny though is that on his day he is a joy to behold and one of our best players.

I've been greatly encouraged by his last few performances and hopefully he is now kicking on to do exactly what he is capable of - which is putting in performances of the highest standard EVERY week.

:agree: I agree with all of that, I also think there is more competition for places this season and he's had to up his game to guarantee a starting spot.

PatHead
20-10-2015, 02:30 PM
I've got a feeling we will lose him next month due to African World Cup qualifiers.

Billy Whizz
20-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I've got a feeling we will lose him next month due to African World Cup qualifiers.

When you say lose him, do you mean his country have a number of games next month?

PatHead
20-10-2015, 03:39 PM
When you say lose him, do you mean his country have a number of games next month?

At least 2 over 2 weekends it would appear. That is on the assumption he gets selected.

Billy Whizz
20-10-2015, 03:46 PM
At least 2 over 2 weekends it would appear. That is on the assumption he gets selected.

Ta, is one of the weekends when we could have our match postponed against Livvi?

snooky
20-10-2015, 04:14 PM
My King Dom come.
Guy will be fun at at ER
And maybe score seven