PDA

View Full Version : Crowd at Falkirk

FromTheCapital
19-10-2015, 12:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the ticket numbers are like for the game on Tuesday? I'm purchasing 5 tickets tomorrow but this is a huge game in our season. Win at Falkirk and then at Raith will put us in good stead for the visit of Rangers. A must win on Tuesday, in my opinion. Hopefully a decent crowd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green&left
19-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the ticket numbers are like for the game on Tuesday? I'm purchasing 5 tickets tomorrow but this is a huge game in our season. Win at Falkirk and then at Raith will put us in good stead for the visit of Rangers. A must win on Tuesday, in my opinion. Hopefully a decent crowd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If another thread is anything to go by around 500 or so as off last week, so maybe 800 in total on the night?

jodjam
19-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Bought 4 on Saturday and girl at ticket desk said we could sit anywhere so must be plenty left.

DTS
19-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Is it pay at the gate? Looking at going through tomorrow night but can't get into town to get tickets

Billy Whizz
19-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Is it pay at the gate? Looking at going through tomorrow night but can't get into town to get tickets

Wasn't patg last time, although with poorish ticket sales, Falkirk may want to revisit this, if the police allow them. Would be crazy to turn away fans, when Scottish football needs everyone of them

green&left
19-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Wasn't patg last time, although with poorish ticket sales, Falkirk may want to revisit this, if the police allow them. Would be crazy to turn away fans, when Scottish football needs everyone of them

Doesn't look like it from the quote below lifted from the Bounce.

Asked the girl at TO why there wasn't a cash gate - not down to Fawkurk apparently, she said Police Scotland told Fawkurk they couldn't sell tickets after 4pm on day of the match so they know exactly how big the crowd will be in advance !

Between these f***w*ts and SPL no wonder the game up here is truly donald ducked.

dangermouse
19-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Asked the girl at TO why there wasn't a cash gate - not down to Fawkurk apparently, she said Police Scotland told Fawkurk they couldn't sell tickets after 4pm on day of the match so they know exactly how big the crowd will be in advance !

Makes no sense. We struggle to get 9,000 at ER most weeks I wonder where the sudden influx of Hibs fans may arrive from on a Tuesday evening to make Police Scotland get hot under the collar.

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Doesn't look like it from the quote below lifted from the Bounce.

Between these f***w*ts and SPL no wonder the game up here is truly donald ducked.

But yet Falkirk Police have time to put out stupid tweets about yesterday's egg chasing game.

Carheenlea
19-10-2015, 11:43 AM
To not have tickets available before kick off is bewildering. I`m glad I made the decision to pick one up on Saturday as there would be no chance of me getting to the Ticket Office or getting one sent out for tomorrow. Thought there might have been the chance of a couple of companions who were leaving it late to decide whether to go or not joining me, but looks like it will be a solo trip through to Falkirk tomorrow night.

Well done Police Scotland :aok:

Smartie
19-10-2015, 11:53 AM
It never fails to surprise me how bad our clubs and authorities are at things like this.

Do our fans' reps not help them plan what is going to happen?

Anyone who goes regularly to Hibs games will know reasonably accurately how many fans will travel to a particular game on a particular date. Accurately enough to plan how many stewards and police would need to go anyway.

There will not be a huge crowd at Falkirk on a Tuesday night at the end of October. There will be thousands wanting to go to Dunfermline on a Saturday afternoon in July when we've not seen any football for weeks/ months.

I can't believe that our game can be so profligate with potential income.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2015, 12:04 PM
left it a tad late but i fancy going tomorrow night, anyone know if you have to be on the falkirk fc database to buy a ticket for their main stand before the game ?

Falkirk FC can confirm that Tuesday night’s match will be ALL TICKET and that fans will be able to purchase tickets for the home end from the Club Shop up until kick off.
The shop will be open Monday 0930-1600 and Tuesday 0930-kick off.
HIBERNIAN FC ARE DEALING WITH THE SALE OF AWAY TICKETS. THESE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM THE FALKIRK STADIUM.

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Maybe it is just me but I am getting a bit peed off with this Police Scotland, first they decide when our CatA games should be played i.e. 12.30 on a Sunday now they are telling Falkirk they have to make the game all ticket, WTF is going on here.

Hibby70
19-10-2015, 03:25 PM
It's just crazy. Do the police think that the appearance of a hundred or so fans paying at the gate is going to result in some kind of riot?

Smartie
19-10-2015, 03:27 PM
To be fair to Police Scotland they are grotesquely underfunded and horrifically disorganised.

In years gone by they could probably cope with all eventualities.

They are spread so thin now that a couple of hundred extra football fans pitching up to a match potentially could cause them problems.

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 04:04 PM
To be fair to Police Scotland they are grotesquely underfunded and horrifically disorganised.

They are spread so thin now that a couple of hundred extra football fans pitching up to a match potentially could cause them problems.

Hibs had 8000 at the game on Saturday, no Police in the stadium or anywhere else to be seen outside either.

Falkirk polis are just being idiots.

And Falkirk FC are being idiots for accepting this nonsense.

.Sean.
19-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Nonsense, I'm sure I won't be alone in not knowing until late afternoon tomorrow if I can attend due to work.

oconnors_strip
19-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Get a ticket for the home end and hope a steward will move you after kick off if you explain nicely what has happened. Seen it done before at grounds

BS44
19-10-2015, 04:34 PM
left it a tad late but i fancy going tomorrow night, anyone know if you have to be on the falkirk fc database to buy a ticket for their main stand before the game ?

Falkirk FC can confirm that Tuesday night’s match will be ALL TICKET and that fans will be able to purchase tickets for the home end from the Club Shop up until kick off.
The shop will be open Monday 0930-1600 and Tuesday 0930-kick off.
HIBERNIAN FC ARE DEALING WITH THE SALE OF AWAY TICKETS. THESE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM THE FALKIRK STADIUM.

I'm going down to ER tomorrow to get tickets, I'll get you one as well just let me know. And you'll be sitting with the good guys and girls!

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm going down to ER tomorrow to get tickets, I'll get you one as well just let me know. And you'll be sitting with the good guys and girls!

cheers m8 :aok: but i just nipped through to the big city this afternoon and got one at the ticket office, i'l be sitting beside the good guys and gals now :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Hibs had 8000 at the game on Saturday, no Police in the stadium or anywhere else to be seen outside either.

Falkirk polis are just being idiots.

And Falkirk FC are being idiots for accepting this nonsense.

Agree Silver !i would of rocked up tomorrow night if it was pay at the gate Raith Rovers will now get my money instead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
19-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Drove through from Lanarkshire to get a ticket this afternoon. Would've been much easier to pay on the day

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Agree Silver !i would of rocked up tomorrow night if it was pay at the gate Raith Rovers will now get my money instead

I'll bet Scottish Police will have no problem about The Rangers selling tickets at the big hoose up until KO tomorrow night.

bigwheel
19-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Drove through from Lanarkshire to get a ticket this afternoon. Would've been much easier to pay on the day

Impressive commitment to the cause...you are right though - should not be required...silly rules...

Ronniekirk
19-10-2015, 06:13 PM
I'll bet Scottish Police will have no problem about The Rangers selling tickets at the big hoose up until KO tomorrow night.

Yep but I won't be rock in up at the big hoose ,even though it's just up the road fae me

Billy Whizz
19-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Yep but I won't be rock in up at the big hoose ,even though it's just up the road fae me

Ronnie, I'd have picked you one up on Saturday, if you'd let me know

Aldo
19-10-2015, 06:34 PM

They don't and neither to we. It'll be the Match Commander who'll speak with club and make the decision. Poor decision at that IMHO.

Scared incase something MIGHT happen.

CraigHibee
19-10-2015, 06:42 PM
bought my ticket online and picking it up tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to the match, i work every saturday so its rare I'm getting to an away match

Lago
19-10-2015, 06:50 PM
There was a time when I use to go to a number of away games that were in reasonable travelling distance, Perth, Dundee, Falkirk & even Motherwell, but now there are so many obstacles put in place it's just not worth it. As some said are they trying to kill the game.
As an aside I watched sport scene on Sat, first time in ages & what struck me was how empty the grounds were. Dundee Utd sparse, Killie both stands behind the goals empty, main stand spares, even Motherwell with Celtic visiting was poor apart from the visiting fans. It got me wondering how long can Scottish football support the current number of full time teams, I just feel some will have to go part time in the not o distant future.

macca70
19-10-2015, 07:14 PM
What a ridiculous decision not to sell tickets on the night, I'm sure there will be fans that don't realise this and pitch up.

If you buy them online, can you not print your ticket yourself? I know not everyone has a printer but you probably have family or friend that has a printer at home or work.

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;4485068]They don't and neither to we. It'll be the Match Commander who'll speak with club and make the decision. Poor decision at that IMHO.

Scared incase something MIGHT happen.[/QUOT

Will still be investigating some robbery that took place in Twickenham. :rolleyes: :greengrin

https://twitter.com/FalkirkPolice?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Ese rp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

bigwheel
19-10-2015, 07:18 PM
What a ridiculous decision not to sell tickets on the night, I'm sure there will be fans that don't realise this and pitch up.

If you buy them online, can you not print your ticket yourself? I know not everyone has a printer but you probably have family or friend that has a printer at home or work.

not for away games

Sir David Gray
19-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Print at home option is only available for home games.

Aldo
19-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Ha they will indeed. Thought it was kinda funny!

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2015, 08:22 PM

Sadly this is very true

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2015, 08:28 PM
They don't and neither to we. It'll be the Match Commander who'll speak with club and make the decision. Poor decision at that IMHO.

Scared incase something MIGHT happen.

Is that the match commander wearing a blue and white scarf and whistling the sash you are talking about 😀😀😀

Stuarty27
19-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Just another excuse for people to moan and no go.

Well I'll be there to watch the biggest game of our season so far

Ronniekirk
19-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Ronnie, I'd have picked you one up on Saturday, if you'd let me know

Getting away from work is always a problem for me billy , holidays are different but back at work tomorrow so if pay at gate would have suited me if I could get away Also now need to pay all those Hotel Bills lol so can stay with my sister in Glenrothes after Raith game and kill two birds with one stone .

PatHead
19-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Getting away from work is always a problem for me billy , holidays are different but back at work tomorrow so if pay at gate would have suited me if I could get away Also now need to pay all those Hotel Bills lol so can stay with my sister in Glenrothes after Raith game and kill two birds with one stone .

Your wife and your sister?

Billy Whizz
19-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Your wife and your sister?

He's a fifer living in Paisley, what can you say.....

offshorehibby
19-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Looks like i'm going to make 2 aways on the bounce. Bus through to Falkirk and a we away day on the train on Saturday.

Carheenlea
19-10-2015, 08:49 PM

To be fair, there is good reason to moan. I didn`t find out about the ticketing arrangements until lunchtime today, but luckily picked up a ticket at Saturdays game. There will be many who would have intended just to pitch up and pay on the night, as you would reasonably expect to have been able to do so, and many still will as not everyone will be readers of Hibs.net or The Bounce.
This will cause trouble tomorrow night almost guaranteed as angry fans are turned away.

O'Rourke3
19-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Why (in this day and age)would you not check the arrangements? PATG is constantly unavailable. Folks may not be members here but they have access to information via several channels not least of all friends or families. My expectation every game is its ticketed. Bonus game is this weekend where it is PATG but to do so will cost more than booking/paying in advance.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

.Sean.
20-10-2015, 11:44 AM

Away and *****, I've hardly missed an away game for the last ten years and have literally just found out that due to me now being ableto get my callout shift covered I can attend but might struggle to as there's no patg option.

That statement is as ridiculous as the decision not to have cash turnstiles tonight.

PatHead
20-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Ticket office was busy when I went round to get tickets today. Everyone saying they were caught out by no PATG today.

RoscoHibby
20-10-2015, 12:10 PM
I too have just discovered I'm free tonight and want to go as I'm pretty close to Falkirk...I can't get to the leith San Siro beforehand tho. Absolutely mental. It's just backwards. Seems like the 'authorities' concerned are just determined to drive our game into the ground. Also think the polis-sympathisers are full of nonsense as well. What difference is a half stand full of hibees gonna make to a slightly more full one? Nothing, it's just ridiculous. When was there last even any bother at a hibs game??

PatHead
20-10-2015, 12:27 PM
If either .sean or Rosco Hibby order and pay for their tickets by phone or online I would be happy enough to collect them from the ticket office and meet you outside the stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Why (in this day and age)would you not check the arrangements? PATG is constantly unavailable. Folks may not be members here but they have access to information via several channels not least of all friends or families. My expectation every game is its ticketed. Bonus game is this weekend where it is PATG but to do so will cost more than booking/paying in advance.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

exactly, it's the 21st century, can a football fan not waken up on the morning of a game and decide..stuff it i fancy going to the football tonight...oops i can't as i had to make arrangements to buy a ticket for entry...the day before the event...21st century indeed NOT

seanshow
20-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Have i missed the boat what time does the ticket office shut today, might end up in the falkirk end

PatHead
20-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Have i missed the boat what time does the ticket office shut today, might end up in the falkirk end

5pm

.Sean.
20-10-2015, 02:34 PM
If either .sean or Rosco Hibby order and pay for their tickets by phone or online I would be happy enough to collect them from the ticket office and meet you outside the stadium.
I've sorted myself one but thanks anyways mate much appreciated gesture :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-10-2015, 03:17 PM
I am maybe just being too simplistic here, but it seems to me that making games all ticket for " security reasons", almost causes more problems than it solves.
Recently, where there have been " incidents", the investigations to catch the culprits usually centre around CCTV footage.

CraigHibee
20-10-2015, 04:32 PM
got my ticket after i finished work, there were a few folk going in for tickets too, hopefully take a good support through

RoscoHibby
20-10-2015, 04:56 PM

Not long back in and just noticed this, appreciate the gesture Pat, top man.

Hibbyradge
20-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Myself and at least one other would have been able to go tonight had it been pay at the gate.

Surely, if I can get on a plane to New York using a bar code on my phone, there must be a way for away fans to print fitba tickets at home.

O'Rourke3
20-10-2015, 05:15 PM
exactly, it's the 21st century, can a football fan not waken up on the morning of a game and decide..stuff it i fancy going to the football tonight...oops i can't as i had to make arrangements to buy a ticket for entry...the day before the event...21st century indeed NOT

I agree with you but that's a different point. Knowing that football is generally PATG why would anyone who may fancy it last minute not think to check? I certainly wouldn't be jumping in a car expecting it. That just seems naive.

On your point, the LWT group should raise it.

Anyway - time to leave. Must get to game.......

Islington Hibs
20-10-2015, 06:12 PM
I am maybe just being too simplistic here, but it seems to me that making games all ticket for " security reasons", almost causes more problems than it solves.
Recently, where there have been " incidents", the investigations to catch the culprits usually centre around CCTV footage.

It is absurd making these games all ticket. The security risk is next to zero outside all games other than Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. This is done for the ease of the police and is completely disproportionate. I would like to see Hibs and other clubs challenge this and make it clear that the police need to justify this impediment to trade based on a myriad of past experience that shows 99.9% of football fans are decent law abiding citizens with hardly any trouble.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-10-2015, 06:18 PM

Etckets loaded/sent to smartcards or smartphones tied to an individual should do the trick.

Carheenlea
20-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Believe it or not, cash gate WAS available. "They didn't want to advertise the fact" explained a steward.
Well done to all involved in forcing fans who wish to attend Scottush football to sit in their armchairs. That said, big Hibs crowd in, not too many empty seats at all.

Aldo
20-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Is that the match commander wearing a blue and white scarf and whistling the sash you are talking about dde00dde00dde00

Good call! ;-)

Carheenlea
20-10-2015, 07:06 PM
There is also an area of main stand sectioned off next to away end that is lying empty.

basehibby
20-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Maybe it is just me but I am getting a bit peed off with this Police Scotland, first they decide when our CatA games should be played i.e. 12.30 on a Sunday now they are telling Falkirk they have to make the game all ticket, WTF is going on here.

They are a bunch of ****ing idiots. They can't cover their core duties - like attending road accidents in time before everyone dies - so don't expect them to make anything approaching an intelligent decision regarding a football match.

Odds on they will see every game through the warped Glasgow-centric lens of the old-firm - imagining hoardes of buckie swilling bigots pissing in everyone's letter boxes and making arrangements to suit - ********s!

KeithTheHibby
20-10-2015, 08:17 PM
1800 Hibs fans tonight according to the Beeb, good effort.

mim
20-10-2015, 09:09 PM

Not counting the ones in the Falkirk end :flag:

Alfred E Newman
20-10-2015, 09:11 PM

Excellent mid week turn out .

cabbageandribs1875
20-10-2015, 09:24 PM
think i heard the announcer say on the way out 5,450(ish) not a bad crowd for a tuesday night with CL games on the tellybox

S4uzee
20-10-2015, 09:33 PM
think i heard the announcer say on the way out 5,450(ish) not a bad crowd for a tuesday night with CL games on the tellybox

Hard to believe Falkirk had over twice as many fans as us tonight, their end looked empty

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2015, 09:46 PM
So there was a cash gate after all!

renato
20-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Also really appreciated the intense body search at the stadium. In my office clobber yet had this steward in my pockets, pulling out my wallet, car keys etc. Got pissed off at one point when he's practically checking inside my wallet.

Is it really necessary for a Falkirk Hibs game on a Tuesday night, with not even a hint of nor expectation of trouble? I even saw a dad with young children being intimately checked. Complete overkill.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Also really appreciated the intense body search at the stadium. In my office clobber yet had this steward in my pockets, pulling out my wallet, car keys etc. Got pissed off at one point when he's practically checking inside my wallet.

Is it really necessary for a Falkirk Hibs game on a Tuesday night, with not even a hint of nor expectation of trouble? I even saw a dad with young children being intimately checked. Complete overkill.

Is that even legal? :confused: Maybe I'm wrong but I thought only the police had the power to do this...

Sir David Gray
20-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Is that even legal? :confused: Maybe I'm wrong but I thought only the police had the power to do this...

You can refuse to let a steward search you but you'll just be denied entry into the stadium if you do.

FranckSuzy
20-10-2015, 10:21 PM
You can refuse to let a steward search you but you'll just be denied entry into the stadium if you do.

:aok: That's mental, IMHO.

Wilson
20-10-2015, 10:26 PM

I was searched by a steward.

There were a couple of police watching things further back but not involved.

I received a standard pat down. Nothing to write home about. My brother was held longer because he "had a lot of crap in his pockets".

Standard.

greenlex
21-10-2015, 02:30 AM
You can thank our pyrotechnic chums for this searching nonsense. It was the same nonsense last ftime up there. If there was a cash gate tonight that is ****ing ludicrous. Actively putting punters off going to a game. Insane.

.Sean.
21-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Had a chuckle with all around me at the bawbag steward with the beard wearing the cap at the end, pacing out the distance he wanted between stewards to military precision. Walking along the byline scowling like a mini Hitler, embarrassing. Got spoken to like a piece of tam kite by some little runt of a steward outside too, pretty pathetic for a Tuesday night.

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Or you can tell him to f*** off as he has no powers to search you outside or inside the ground, you can ask one of Scotland's finest to search you, what happens if one of these stewards searching you finds drugs or some other illegal substance on you, it would get thrown out of court due to the illegal search, a pat down is fine, but them emptying your pockets and searching you is not on.

liamh2202
21-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Or you can tell him to f*** off as he has no powers to search you outside or inside the ground, you can ask one of Scotland's finest to search you, what happens if one of these stewards searching you finds drugs or some other illegal substance on you, it would get thrown out of court due to the illegal search, a pat down is fine, but them emptying your pockets and searching you is not on.

You will find its in the terms of your ticket. They are not looking for drugs they are looking for other things that are prohibited in the terms of tickets. All that would happen is refused entry under these terms... Which is correct IMO.

Sir David Gray
21-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Had a chuckle with all around me at the bawbag steward with the beard wearing the cap at the end, pacing out the distance he wanted between stewards to military precision. Walking along the byline scowling like a mini Hitler, embarrassing. Got spoken to like a piece of tam kite by some little runt of a steward outside too, pretty pathetic for a Tuesday night.

I know the one you mean, I was embarrassed for him as he clearly has a massive ego.

I also think the way in which the senior stewards at Falkirk speak to those under them is deplorable. Last night I saw one of the supervisors shouting "Oi" and "coooeeee" at a female steward when he wanted her attention and when she didn't respond he just shook his head and walked away. I also heard another supervisor whistling at someone else to get their attention.

Here's an idea, how about using the person's name when you want their attention? I've found that technique has generally worked for me through the years.

It's not the first time I've noticed this kind of thing by the senior stewards at Falkirk either.

Bristolhibby
21-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Oh the joys of being a football fan.

Was at the Southampton v Norwich game back in August, me and my lad strolled in.

J

Carheenlea
21-10-2015, 11:15 AM
I was very annoyed not to be searched last night. The lads in front all got a thorough pat down, but I was waved through without the need for searching with a cheery nod. No surer evidence of being on the doorstep of middle age.

DH1875
21-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Still cant believe there was a patg. Total P take if true.

bigwheel
21-10-2015, 11:31 AM

I didn't see any evidence of a PATG last night - tickets only where I entered

Carheenlea
21-10-2015, 11:35 AM

It was true alright.
As we were approaching turnstiles, a steward informed us to use both if we had a ticket and a certain one if paying with cash. I queried this as we had been told that it was strictly PATG, and that there were lots of fans who would have liked to attend the game sat at home as a result of that information. "Didn't want to advertise there was PATG" was the reply. Mental.

southern hibby
21-10-2015, 11:41 AM

My legal understanding is females can check under 12s unless parents give permission.

However if permission is not given then admission can be denied even if you have a ticket x

FranckSuzy
21-10-2015, 11:51 AM
My legal understanding is females can check under 12s unless parents give permission.

However if permission is not given then admission can be denied even if you have a ticket x

Thanks x :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
21-10-2015, 11:55 AM

I've refused a search by stewards outside grounds ( including our own ). I refuse and tell them I'm happy for Police to search me if they want.

😊

Golden Bear
21-10-2015, 01:05 PM
It was true alright.
As we were approaching turnstiles, a steward informed us to use both if we had a ticket and a certain one if paying with cash. I queried this as we had been told that it was strictly PATG, and that there were lots of fans who would have liked to attend the game sat at home as a result of that information. "Didn't want to advertise there was PATG" was the reply. Mental.

I remember at the old Brockville stadium there was an unofficial "phantom" turnstile in operation. Entry to the ground was cheaper than the normal admission price which although wrong, delighted many.

When I got home that night the more I thought about it, the more annoyed I was and I phoned Falkirk FC to ask if they knew what was happening as potentially they were losing out on a sizeable chunk of income. The guy who answered the phone seemed completely non plussed about the situation, thanked me for reporting it and said he would investigate.

To this day, I'm wondering if it was fraud or a method of dodging tax.

jacomo
21-10-2015, 04:53 PM
I was very annoyed not to be searched last night. The lads in front all got a thorough pat down, but I was waved through without the need for searching with a cheery nod. No surer evidence of being on the doorstep of middle age.

Henceforth you shall be known as 'the mule'.

Looking legit is a bonus!

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 05:15 PM

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Heard Mcgeoug's post match interview on Hibs tv. He said Falkirk watered the astro turf pre match, even though rain was forecast. He said when the rain came on the pitch became slippery. Falkirk obviously trying to stop us playing our passing game

Aldo
21-10-2015, 06:56 PM

Steward would get telt if he spoke to me like that I can assure you. Absolutely no need whatsoever plain and simple.

I'd be asking why he felt the need to act in that manner in fact no I'd speak to him exactly the same way he spoke to me, making sure I had folk around me to back it up.

Complete sack!

linlithgowhibbie
21-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I turned up without a ticket, couldn't see a pay at the gate and didn't want to ask in case I was refused entry in the home end so just paid to get in the main stand.
PS I recognised several other Hibbies there too.
I suppose if there weren't a lot of unsold seats in the Hibs end it would have been asking for trouble to advertise a PATG was available. What would have happened if hundreds of us turned up to pay and there were only 50 seats?

Carheenlea
21-10-2015, 07:31 PM

I turned up without a ticket, couldn't see a pay at the gate and didn't want to ask in case I was refused entry in the home end so just paid to get in the main stand.
PS I recognised several other Hibbies there too.
I suppose if there weren't a lot of unsold seats in the Hibs end it would have been asking for trouble to advertise a PATG was available. What would have happened if hundreds of us turned up to pay and there were only 50 seats?

True, but what you maybe wouldn`t have seen was a full section in the main stand kept empty next to the away end that could have accommodated PATG`s.

linlithgowhibbie
21-10-2015, 09:32 PM

True, but what you maybe wouldn`t have seen was a full section in the main stand kept empty next to the away end that could have accommodated PATG`s.

I did see it,,,, I was in the back row of the front section by the stairway next to the empty section. Its the first time I've been in that stand and must say I was pretty impressed with it, plenty loos and catering stalls and a good view too.:gwa:

dangermouse
22-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I was searched by a steward.

There were a couple of police watching things further back but not involved.

I received a standard pat down. Nothing to write home about. My brother was held longer because he "had a lot of crap in his pockets".

Standard.

My son got a thorough pat down but his pal was let through and he was wearing his work clobber with screws and nails in the pockets!