PDA

View Full Version : Our Next 4 Fixtures - Its not make but it is break

Green Diet
18-10-2015, 08:19 PM
In our next four games we face all the other top 4 teams in the championship and have D Utd in the league cup.

Although by winning all these games will not make our season, it does have the potential of breaking it.

I am genuinely excited by these challenges and have every faith that with the improved performances we are getting, some key players returning from injury and the fact we play The Rangers at home, we will climb up the championship table and narrow that gap and get through to a Hampden semi-final.

:flag: :cb:flag:

B.H.F.C
18-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Beat Falkirk and Raith. Teams we struggled against last year, but if we have any aspirations of winning the league we need to win them both before we face The Rangers. That game and the Quarter final will take care of themselves if we go in to them on the back of two wins this week.

PatHead
18-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Why do we have to look ahead? One game at a time.

Beat Falkirk then worry about the next game.

RCNG
18-10-2015, 09:45 PM

We shouldn't be worrying about any game in this league ;)

Sir David Gray
18-10-2015, 10:01 PM
As long as we win the league games, that's all that matters. If we also beat Dundee Utd then that's a bonus in my book.

If we can go 5 points behind Sevco in 2 weeks' time then we can really push on from there.

matty_f
18-10-2015, 10:24 PM
We need to win every league game now, imho.

Going on The Rangers' form, if we want to win the league we have no more margin for error. The players have to go into every game with the attitude that they need to win it to win the league.

Cod Boy
18-10-2015, 10:42 PM
After watching Dundee United today I will be disappointed if we aren't in the semi final draw.

Green Diet
19-10-2015, 12:28 AM

We look ahead because you never plan for just the next game on the fixture list. AS has to tactically rest/play players that will suit the opponents etc and as fans we get excited about who we are playing and their possible outcomes etc etc. Its called planning ahead and looking forward to games.

WeeRussell
19-10-2015, 11:44 AM
After watching Dundee United today I will be disappointed if we aren't in the semi final draw.

Completely agree - they are absolutely there for the taking based on today's evidence. Poor game but United were the poorest! I doubt things will be turned round properly until Mixu can freshen things up in January. They need to improve or they are in serious trouble!

bigwheel
19-10-2015, 11:58 AM
In our next four games we face all the other top 4 teams in the championship and have D Utd in the league cup.

Although by winning all these games will not make our season, it does have the potential of breaking it.

I am genuinely excited by these challenges and have every faith that with the improved performances we are getting, some key players returning from injury and the fact we play The Rangers at home, we will climb up the championship table and narrow that gap and get through to a Hampden semi-final.

I agree , this is an important phase of the season...the only way we can go up as champions is if we go on a 12+ run on winning league games...it's now or never...

A big ask

So let's see how the team face into this week's games

Northern Hibby
20-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Simples we do the same to Rangers as we did to Aberdeen, burst their bubble and watch their season descend into disarray :greengrin

Pete
20-10-2015, 02:26 PM
We look ahead because you never plan for just the next game on the fixture list. AS has to tactically rest/play players that will suit the opponents etc and as fans we get excited about who we are playing and their possible outcomes etc etc. Its called planning ahead and looking forward to games.

If you think these games can only break our season then I'm not sure what you're looking forward to.

Treating every game as a "must win" kind of sucks the joy out of the whole thing. This must be how old firm fans feel about the Scottish game.

Smartie
20-10-2015, 03:15 PM
If you think these games can only break our season then I'm not sure what you're looking forward to.

Treating every game as a "must win" kind of sucks the joy out of the whole thing. This must be how old firm fans feel about the Scottish game.

I think it is the combination of Rangers' good start and the fact that we've already managed to drop 8 points that makes these games "break" only games.

I admire your calmness and confidence of you think these games are anything but must-win games but I have to disagree.

I also don't think it takes any joy out of them either. I'm relishing the pressure of us having to win every week. At other times I've felt happy enough to console myself with points here or there but to be honest I'd have pressure on us to win every game as we compete to win the Championship with another very good side over meekly scrapping in out for 3rd place in a pish league any day of the week.

Green Diet
25-10-2015, 06:46 AM
Well so far so good with the block of 4 fixtures. Important wins against Falkirk and Raith has put us a solid second in the league with some form and confidence. The Rangers match is where we have to make the serious inroad to reducing the gap so a win at home is a must. Hope to see a healthy Hibs support turn-up, which could make all the difference.

Predictions on the expected attendance? Could we make it as high as 17,500?

Ronniekirk
25-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Well so far so good with the block of 4 fixtures. Important wins against Falkirk and Raith has put us a solid second in the league with some form and confidence. The Rangers match is where we have to make the serious inroad to reducing the gap so a win at home is a must. Hope to see a healthy Hibs support turn-up, which could make all the difference.

Predictions on the expected attendance? Could we make it as high as 17,500?

Yes we could make that attendance but and in the present circumstances with hibs there is always a but. it's on T V ,It's a Sunday and 12 30 kick off which is early for some who need to travel and those that like going to church or having Sunday as a family day, it's 28!quid (you could buy a lot of fireworks for Thant ), you need to be on the data base, the weather ,unforeseen last minute hitches , the clocks have gone back , Think that covers most of the reasons .
Me. I will be there supporting my Team in arguably our current most important game of the Season if we are to push on to compete to win the a Championship ,but that's reminded me of another reason ,a lot of fans have already settled for second place finish and will rock up for the cup games and Play Offs Smiley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.Sean.
25-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Not a fan of the term at all but if we have any aspirations of winning the league then next week really is a must-win. Any slip-ups and it's the play-offs imo.

Aldo
25-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Not a fan of the term at all but if we have any aspirations of winning the league then next week really is a must-win. Any slip-ups and it's the play-offs imo.

I honestly think that it's a 'must win' every week for us!

Pressure defo on us but heay we have done it before and we can do it again.

Chances must be taken and we need to ensure we keep both of their full backs on the back foot and give them no space!

matty_f
25-10-2015, 09:13 AM
I honestly think that it's a 'must win' every week for us!

Pressure defo on us but heay we have done it before and we can do it again.

Chances must be taken and we need to ensure we keep both of their full backs on the back foot and give them no space!

I agree, I want us to win the league to guarantee promotion. On The Rangers' current form, the only way we can do it is to win every game.

If that puts pressure on us, so be it.

Hamish
25-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Looking at the table, unless someone has a dreadful run of results, I would have thought the top 4 places are all but decided already.

mim
25-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Yes we could make that attendance but and in the present circumstances with hibs there is always a but. it's on T V ,It's a Sunday and 12 30 kick off which is early for some who need to travel and those that like going to church or having Sunday as a family day, it's 28!quid (you could buy a lot of fireworks for Thant ), you need to be on the data base, the weather ,unforeseen last minute hitches , the clocks have gone back , Think that covers most of the reasons .

Errm, the Forth road bridge is closed :wink:

Aldo
25-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Errm, the Forth road bridge is closed :wink:

It's not closed it has local access which means you come off at South Queensferry and down through Dalmeny!! ;-)

Aldo
25-10-2015, 10:13 AM
I agree, I want us to win the league to guarantee promotion. On The Rangers' current form, the only way we can do it is to win every game. If that puts pressure on us, so be it.

We went on a great run last season after a slow start so we can do it again.

It was about missed chances for us in the second leg of play off and we should of been 3 up inside 20 minutes.

I hope we don't let ourselves down but I'm sure we will be full of confidence and make sure we give ourselves a fighting chance!

mim
25-10-2015, 10:14 AM
It's not closed it has local access which means you come off at South Queensferry and down through Dalmeny!! ;-)

Don't think my train will be able to navigate that route :greengrin

bingo70
25-10-2015, 10:21 AM
We went on a great run last season after a slow start so we can do it again.

It was about missed chances for us in the second leg of play off and we should of been 3 up inside 20 minutes.

I hope we don't let ourselves down but I'm sure we will be full of confidence and make sure we give ourselves a fighting chance!

I think our great runs last season had a fair few draws in them too though. That wouldn't be good enough this year, we need to continue this winning run.

Aldo
25-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I think our great runs last season had a fair few draws in them too though. That wouldn't be good enough this year, we need to continue this winning run.

Agreed!

Borderhibbie76
25-10-2015, 12:53 PM

Yup draws are like defeats in our current situation..wins r a must

PatHead
01-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Well we have come through 3 of the games. Much as I would like to win on Wednesday it is the least important of the 4 games.

Really think we can go on from here. Bring on the Arabs.

Hibby Bairn
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Rangers have Raith and Falkirk away before we next play them. Could do with them dropping points there. And of course for us to just keep winning.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Well we have come through 3 of the games. Much as I would like to win on Wednesday it is the least important of the 4 games.

Really think we can go on from here. Bring on the Arabs.

Yep. :agree:

I am looking forward to testing ourselves against another Premiership side but winning on Wednesday won't help us get promoted.

The league is the number one priority and if we can also progress in the cups then that's a bonus.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM
League most important but getting to a semi final or final would be a real lift for the club. It might tempt back more of our absent fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 08:42 PM
League most important but getting to a semi final or final would be a real lift for the club. It might tempt back more of our absent fans.

Absolutely, will help the feel good factor and hopefully also increases attendances in the meantime

Smartie
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
They are all big games.

Saturday is absolutely massive imo.

I didn't realise we had a trip to St Mirren at the end of this run too.

No point in us doing what we've done up to this point only to drop points there.

That will be a tough, tough run of games out of the way and these are mainly grounds that Rangers are yet to visit.

We could put some real pressure on them over the next couple of months.

seanshow
01-11-2015, 09:24 PM
They are all big games.

Saturday is absolutely massive imo.

I didn't realise we had a trip to St Mirren at the end of this run too.

No point in us doing what we've done up to this point only to drop points there.

That will be a tough, tough run of games out of the way and these are mainly grounds that Rangers are yet to visit.

We could put some real pressure on them over the next couple of months.

Getting ahead of ourselves but...The week after that we play Livvy at ER(14th Nov)
The Rangers are not playing that weekend? for some reason.
So in theory a chance to reduce the gap to 2 points, if we keep the run going.

PatHead
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Getting ahead of ourselves but...The week after that we play Livvy at ER(14th Nov)
The Rangers are not playing that weekend? for some reason.
So in theory a chance to reduce the gap to 2 points, if we keep the run going.

Livvy game is liable to be cancelled due to international call ups.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Think the squads should be announced in the next day or so

Smartie
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
TBH I'd just play the Livi game, even if we were without 3 players.

We have a big squad, cover for all positions and it would be good to get everyone game time.

With The Rangers not playing that weekend it would be a cracking psychological blow to get the lead down to 2 points.

DaveF
01-11-2015, 09:39 PM

How so? Only Cummings and McGinn likely to get a call up unless Henderson is given a nod maybe?

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM
How so? Only Cummings and McGinn likely to get a call up unless Henderson is given a nod maybe?

Think there may be a possible Malonga call up

DaveF
01-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Think there may be a possible Malonga call up

ahh, I see.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 09:44 PM
ahh, I see.

It will be a shame if it's cancelled though, apart from the opportunity to get nearer to Rangers, I take a wee lad to the games, and he can't get to night games due to school the next day

Gatecrasher
01-11-2015, 10:32 PM
We play the bottom 3 teams in the ne t 3 league games, st Mirren, livi then Alloa

Spike Mandela
01-11-2015, 11:43 PM
We play the bottom 3 teams in the ne t 3 league games, st Mirren, livi then Alloa

St Mirren, Jim Goodwin et al is a potential banana skin.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 11:47 PM
St Mirren, Jim Goodwin et al is a potential banana skin.
Yup they were decent at home to the Buns last week so will be another tricky test for us...but one this Hibs team should be capable of overcoming

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Malthibby
02-11-2015, 12:10 AM
St. M had two players sent off yesterday - both miss the match against us?

jacomo
02-11-2015, 12:15 AM
TBH I'd just play the Livi game, even if we were without 3 players.

We have a big squad, cover for all positions and it would be good to get everyone game time.

With The Rangers not playing that weekend it would be a cracking psychological blow to get the lead down to 2 points.

I thought the same, but missing both 1st choice strikers is too risky.

--------
02-11-2015, 12:20 AM
I thought the same, but missing both 1st choice strikers is too risky.

Cummings and Malonga, plus McGinn and possibly Henderson? Yup - much rather have a full squad. Dangerous underestimating anyone.

mutley
02-11-2015, 08:13 AM

OK, Honestly folks, who would have said that we would take 9 out of 9 points in these games? Now all we need is a win on Wednesday, a cup semi, and a few quid in the bank.
Amazing little run of results, and long may it continue.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Don't think we can go into any game without Cummings and McGinn and feel that confident. We should take the cancellation.

Turkish Green
02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
8 Points dropped, so far.

26-09-15 Hibernian 1-1 St Mirren
23-08-15 Rangers 1-0 Hibernian
08-08-15 Dumbarton 2-1 Hibernian

Even if Hibs beat Rangers in the 2 remaining league fixtures they have to keep up a 100% record against the other teams to give them a chance of winning the Championship. Unlike last season I do nor foresee Rangers dropping many points (if any) in the 2nd half of the season.

A great result yesterday, but still a long way (24 games) to go.

sambajustice
02-11-2015, 10:11 AM
I can see us beating United and drawing against st mirren!

Gmack7
04-11-2015, 11:33 PM
:gwa::gwa::agree::agree: