PDA

View Full Version : Islam Feruz.

greenlex
17-10-2015, 09:55 PM
20 mins today and I'm thinking meh. Harsh?

Onceinawhile
17-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Yes. You can't judge anyone on 20 minutes on their comeback from injury.

If the midfield had released the ball earlier about three times he would've been clean through, instead he ran offside.

Baldy Foghorn
17-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Looks like he has pace to burn, should try to hold his runs though, playing on the shoulder of opponent, looks a bit keen to bomb forward and not watching the line..........

itslegaltender
17-10-2015, 09:58 PM

we were saying exact same, think he has a bit of pace though. Boyle would have been much bigger threat coming on today. Think Feruz needs game time, problem is we have 6 strikers at the club, cant see him getting ahead of Cummings and Malonga for now.

Andy74

Much the same as his debut.

Looks way out his depth so far. Maybe he is good on the ball but he doesn't seem to be able to get in it which is strange with us having so much of it.

As I said on another thread. Football is a strange world where someone that looks so far off it at this level owns a Porsche!

Hopefully he shows at some stage that he has a bit more about him.

green day

Had a bad leg as he had to get a bus to Easter road.

Would have scored a hat trick if he had a licence. :-)

B.H.F.C
17-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Keatings and Farid coming back. Cummings continues to score and Malonga starting to play well. I don't see Feruz getting many minutes. Will be used as an impact player at best, along with Boyle imo.

McD
17-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Keatings and Farid coming back. Cummings continues to score and Malonga starting to play well. I don't see Feruz getting many minutes. Will be used as an impact player at best, along with Boyle imo.

Given that keatings, farid, Cummings and malonga all pretty proven at this level, think you're right about Boyle and feruz.

Those 2 might see more game time in matches such as these when we're a goal or 2 ahead and looking for someone to provide an out ball over the top.

Nice problem to have

Bishop Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Caught offside too much. Needs to be more savvy. It shows how good Cummings is for his age.

Greencore
17-10-2015, 10:34 PM
It will take Islam time to adjust to our playing style but I am sure he will be a star for us. From what I've seen of him at Chelsea and Scotland he's an exciting prospect.

Unseen work
17-10-2015, 10:34 PM
When he came on hibs let the game slip a bit imo. Not his fault however, he got next to no serious and the midfield and defence were not using the ball effectively enough.

He is a good player and will prove that over the course of the season.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:40 PM
******. Had far too much given to him far too soon and thinks he's a superstar. On the few occasions I've seen him, nothing he has produced has changed my mind. Will never make it at the top level as long as he has a hole in his erse.

steakbake
17-10-2015, 10:52 PM
It will take Islam time to adjust to our playing style but I am sure he will be a star for us. From what I've seen of him at Chelsea and Scotland he's an exciting prospect.

:agree:

The guy was given game time on his way back from injury. Thought he looked quick with good skills. We were 3 up with 20 to go against a team we should be expected to see out. It'makes sense to rest one striker by replacing him with someone who needs proper game time. Can't see how anyone can really judge him on that.

matty_f
17-10-2015, 10:58 PM
******. Had far too much given to him far too soon and thinks he's a superstar. On the few occasions I've seen him, nothing he has produced has changed my mind. Will never make it at the top level as long as he has a hole in his erse.

Not a fan then, Scouse? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Not a fan then, Scouse? :greengrin

What gives you that impression? :-)

With the hype surrounding him I expect so much more, I could be watching any academy player with the same results going hy the evidence so far.

lucky
18-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Ran about a lot, lots of pace but showed little awareness of his surroundings. But he's young and could develop but needs to focus on his game not his lifestyle

bigwheel
18-10-2015, 06:54 AM
I don't think it's possible to judge Feruz yet...he has barely had any game time...

Thecat23
18-10-2015, 07:04 AM
The lad isn't at Chelsea to make the tea, there is clearly a player there and if you watch some of his goals for the Chelsea youth you will see that. He's barely had any game time as well.

Typical that some Hibs fans are writing him off already!!! I'm confident he'll do well for us this season.

225-EasterRd
18-10-2015, 07:13 AM
The way I see It this is a young kid with a good prospect that hasn't yet shown us what he can do, he has made a lot of mistakes during his short career. He isn't the first player to let money go to their head.
He needs time to settle, time on the ball, he needs everyone to drop the hype and expectation that surrounds him. If he comes on and plays well great, if not, you aint going to help him by slating him.
Ultimately it will be people better placed than us to decide if he stays or goes after this loan spell.
#instubbsitrust:agree:

greenlex
18-10-2015, 07:14 AM
The lad isn't at Chelsea to make the tea, there is clearly a player there and if you watch some of his goals for the Chelsea youth you will see that. He's barely had any game time as well.

Typical that some Hibs fans are writing him off already!!! I'm confident he'll do well for us this season.
I'm not writing the lad off Cat. I'm disappointed with his contribution in the time he has had. There was a lot of hype surrounding him and I was expecting him to be able to produce better in the Scottish championship. He was offside a lot yesterday and his first touch was not great. When he was on the ball or making a challenge he never seemed to have any control and always looked likely to lose it and mostly did. As Scouse said we could have been watching any academy player. As I said I'm disappointed and even in the time he has had was expecting more.

bigwheel
18-10-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm not writing the lad off Cat. I'm disappointed with his contribution in the time he has had. There was a lot of hype surrounding him and I was expecting him to be able to produce better in the Scottish championship. He was offside a lot yesterday and his first touch was not great. When he was on the ball or making a challenge he never seemed to have any control and always looked likely to lose it and mostly did. As Scouse said we could have been watching any academy player. As I said I'm disappointed and even in the time he has had was expecting more.

If any of our academy players had the touch and pace of Feruz, we would be dancing with anticipation...

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 07:30 AM
One thing I'll say for Feruz is his attitude on the park seems fine. A lot was made of him being a billy big baws and whatever else but his work rate yesterday was very good. Chased things down, hassled defenders and was always looking to be involved if not managing to be so.

Obviously that isn't what he was brought in for but it's good to see a work ethic. Fwiw I think we have to remember he is essentially a raw youngster, albeit one who plays for Chelsea. I wasn't expecting too much from him so I'm neither pleased nor disappointed by him thus far. With more and more players fit he's only likely to be back up or play the odd cameo role anyway.

Carheenlea
18-10-2015, 08:02 AM

Given our managements thorough and thoughtful assessment of transfer targets, he hasn`t been brought here to make the tea either. He looks comfortable on the ball and you can see there is pace in him that we can hopefully utilise throughout the season. He needs game time, and given how well our three forwards who started yesterday performed, he will have to settle for the bench for now.

overdrive
18-10-2015, 08:30 AM
I'd like to see him start a game. I'm not sure he's the type to do much coming on as a sub.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2015, 08:36 AM
One thing I'll say for Feruz is his attitude on the park seems fine. A lot was made of him being a billy big baws and whatever else but his work rate yesterday was very good. Chased things down, hassled defenders and was always looking to be involved if not managing to be so.

Obviously that isn't what he was brought in for but it's good to see a work ethic. Fwiw I think we have to remember he is essentially a raw youngster, albeit one who plays for Chelsea. I wasn't expecting too much from him so I'm neither pleased nor disappointed by him thus far. With more and more players fit he's only likely to be back up or play the odd cameo role anyway.

Perhaps folks get too hung up with his material wealth and his past in the press? Would it not be more surprising if a Chelsea whatever player came in driving a Fiat Panda? Sometimes I think us scots need to get over iurselves

bingo70
18-10-2015, 08:39 AM
I'd like to see him start a game. I'm not sure he's the type to do much coming on as a sub.

I saw the same argument with handling, Caldwell, Jamie mcluskey and probably countless other youngsters too. Imo for youngsters to make it they need to start by making an impact coming off the bench, if they don't do that they don't deserve to start.

This isn't a dig at you but there seems to be a school of thought that youngsters have a divine right to start games and be given an almost endless amount of time to make an impact, any criticism of them is jumped on as negativity.

I've no idea how good this guy is but if he wants more game time he'll need to do better than he did when he came on yesterday.

lucky
18-10-2015, 08:58 AM

But who would you drop to give him a game?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Perhaps folks get too hung up with his material wealth and his past in the press? Would it not be more surprising if a Chelsea whatever player came in driving a Fiat Panda? Sometimes I think us scots need to get over iurselves

J-C
18-10-2015, 09:18 AM
we were saying exact same, think he has a bit of pace though. Boyle would have been much bigger threat coming on today. Think Feruz needs game time, problem is we have 6 strikers at the club, cant see him getting ahead of Cummings and Malonga for now.

Feruz and Anier were brought here when we had a severe injury problem with strikers, that's not now the case and in fact our strikers are playing well because of the competition, might be a case of fleeting glimpses from the lad if JC, Malonga and Keatings stay fit and score goals.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-10-2015, 09:31 AM
I am not overly worried about loan players not getting a regular game. Surely means that the players who belong to us have had the kick up the erse required.

GreenOnions
18-10-2015, 10:04 AM
I agree with the earlier post that mentioned his effort yesterday. It was good - I thought he worked hard to close the opposition down and to make runs.

He looks like he has a lot of pace and that he's quick on the turn. He has also shown with Chelsea that he can score goals given the opportunity. These are extremely valuable attributes and they could definitely help the team as the season progresses.

He did look a bit out of touch yesterday but, then again, so did Fyvie for the first 15/20 minutes before he got things going and then, arguably, was our best player for the remainder of the game.

I think Islam deserves a bit of time and his positive attitude yesterday indicates to me that he may well make good use of that.

Loopz
18-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Yes. You can't judge anyone on 20 minutes on their comeback from injury.

If the midfield had released the ball earlier about three times he would've been clean through, instead he ran offside.
This is what I saw yesterday Ah. He made 2 or 3 good runs not long after coming on but either did not get the ball or did not get it quick enough leaving him offside. I do think he took the huff a little after that, staying offside a couple of times instead of working back. I do recognise he did chase for the ball and it looked like he was frustrated but trying not to let it affect his game.

BoomtownHibees
18-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Shocking thread title IMO

Thecat23
18-10-2015, 10:46 AM

Exactly!

Prof. Shaggy
18-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Shocking thread title IMO

Exactly

greenlex
18-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Thread title is no more than a typo my friends so settle FFS

Greencore
18-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Can someone explain to me how he thinks he is a superstar?

IrnBru22
18-10-2015, 11:35 AM

He was offside alot coz we take forever to play the pass. yes his touch wasnt great but thats the first bit of game time in a while, Fyvie wasnt exactly great in the first 20 mins yesterday.

also funny how noone mentions Cummings getting caught offside at least 10 times every game.

Scott Allan Key
18-10-2015, 11:49 AM

I thought it was. With all Jew respect to the OP.

greenlex
18-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Bloody phones!!!!

QMU-1875
18-10-2015, 11:57 AM
He was on the pitch for twenty minutes 😂! Even by Hibs.net standards this is a bit premature to write someone off!

Scott Allan Key
18-10-2015, 12:00 PM

Thecat23
18-10-2015, 12:04 PM

I think he's used to playing at a higher tempo Lex and that's why he was offside a lot. He wants it early but we seem to over pass at times instead of getting it in behind defences.

Smartie
18-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I think he looks like he needs games.

He's quick and I was impressed by his work ethic. The biggest criticism of him seems to be that he is a bit of a billy bigbaws - that doesn't come across on the park. It would be easy for a Chelsea player to feel above playing against the likes of Dumbarton and either strut about or mooch about with his hands on his hips - at least Feruz looks like he's knocking his pan in.

The problem with him isn't so much what he does when he doesn't have the ball but what he does when he does have it. He doesn't have the sharpness, awareness or composure that make him look like he really knows what he's doing - yet.

To be honest it is exactly what every player looks like when they first get into the team. A few games and that comes though so I could see him going on to be a good player.

I wonder if we are the best club for him to be at right now though? Every game for us is massive and we cannot afford to carry any passengers or wait until people get up to speed. He needs to be starting games and playing every week to get that experience.

The Green Goblin
18-10-2015, 12:26 PM
He was on the pitch for twenty minutes 😂! Even by Hibs.net standards this is a bit premature to write someone off!

My thoughts too. Negative judgements after 20 minutes as a sub. Welcome to Hibs Islam... Anyone got the number for the Guiness Book of Records? Agree completely with every word of Smartie's post above too.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Right back at the posters that were seeing pictures that you hadn't drawn through. Not so much jumping to conclusions but eagerly leaping to them.

Prof. Shaggy
18-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Right back at the posters that were seeing pictures that you hadn't drawn through. Not so much jumping to conclusions but eagerly leaping to them.

The conclusion (that the title was wrong) was obviously wrong and hardly needed more than a light skip.:greengrin
Given it took more than 12 hours for anyone to bother pointing it out, I'm not sure where the eagerness comes from.

It's still wrong btw....

Ozyhibby
18-10-2015, 02:15 PM
I missed yesterday's game unfortunately but I think 20 mins is not enough time to judge. He needs to start playing in the development games and scoring goals there. I'm surprised he has not had more game time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holmesdale Hibs
18-10-2015, 02:44 PM
He wouldn't be where he is without some ability so let's not write him off yet.

I remember Stokes (overweight), Griffiths (too much trouble), Riordan (luxury player) etc being written off before they became regulars so we should have learnt not to do this by now, especially with young players.

That being said, it was obvious Hurtado was ***** from watching him in the warm up.

BSEJVT
18-10-2015, 03:02 PM
I actually didn't think Hurtado was that bad.

Not brilliant, not good just not as bad as everyone makes out.

Clearly past the back end of his career but a guy with decent pedigree

Hibs have had a lot worse strikers than Hurtado over the last 45 years.

I am sure I remember seeing him score and more than decent goal for Hibs?

Holmesdale Hibs
18-10-2015, 03:13 PM
I actually didn't think Hurtado was that bad.

Not brilliant, not good just not as bad as everyone makes out.

Clearly past the back end of his career but a guy with decent pedigree

Hibs have had a lot worse strikers than Hurtado over the last 45 years.

I am sure I remember seeing him score and more than decent goal for Hibs?

Really? I always remember him being either brutal or on the bench and got the impression he was only brought in to keep De La Cruz company. But my attendance in those days was quite sporadic so maybe I missed something.

BSEJVT
18-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Really? I always remember him being either brutal or on the bench and got the impression he was only brought in to keep De La Cruz company. But my attendance in those days was quite sporadic so maybe I missed something.

I think I am probably in a minority of one thinking he wasn't that terrible!

I don't think he was the most mobile but had a decent touch but it is all a long long time ago.

MB62
18-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Too early to tell whether he is good, bad or indifferent. So far, I have not seen anything to say he is a special talent so therefore, I agree with a previous comment that said we should be playing the players that are not loanees. IF, the laddie proves himself to be a bit special when he gets fully fit and doing the biz in the development games, then fair enough but at the moment, I couldn't drop any of the current picks to accommodate him.

California-Hibs
18-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Rediclous thread, far far too early to judge him, literally off of minutes! I've seen enough of his few touches and bursts of pace to tell me he's going to be an asset this season for us and contribute a significant factor.

JimBHibees
18-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Give the boy a break he has played about 40 mins. He will get better with games. Patience please.

hibsbollah
18-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Burn the witch.

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Better Islam that Christian any day of the week.

Christian Daley has long retired from the game.

hibsbollah
18-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Better Islam that Christian any day of the week.

Christian Daley has long retired from the game.

I'm Sikh of these puns.

Mr White
18-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm Sikh of these puns.

What you gonna hindu about it likes?

hibsbollah
18-10-2015, 07:07 PM
What you gonna hindu about it likes?

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Mr White
18-10-2015, 07:10 PM
That would be an ecumenical matter.

:greengrin

jacomo
18-10-2015, 10:23 PM

Depends how much time you give him. Stubbs returned loanees to clubs last January after they didn't make enough of an impact and might do the same again this season.

Niffy
19-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but have you seen his BMW - black velvet - I mean real fluffy velvet all over it !!!

Thecat23
19-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Give the boy a break he has played about 40 mins. He will get better with games. Patience please.

Eh? That's what I'm saying, people are being far to quick to judge him. Unless I've picked you up wrong and you are agreeing with me?

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but have you seen his BMW - black velvet - I mean real fluffy velvet all over it !!!

It's a Merc. :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
19-10-2015, 11:36 AM
It's a Merc. :greengrin

Haha is that his car? Saw it outside the Omni on Saturday lunch-time and was pissing myself at how stupid it looks.

Bad Martini
19-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Quality.

Less than a full half of fitba and the boy is written off by many, partly due to being offside/not ready/too greedy/being a billy big baws and (classic) owning (or even driving) a porsche. :rolleyes:

World record even for this place :agree:

The Green Goblin
19-10-2015, 12:54 PM

You accidentally typed a capital "D" instead of a capital "I"? They are almost on opposite sides of the keyboard. How is that a typo?

The Green Goblin
19-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Quality.

Less than a full half of fitba and the boy is written off by many, partly due to being offside/not ready/too greedy/being a billy big baws and (classic) owning (or even driving) a porsche. :rolleyes:

World record even for this place :agree:

It's mental. Written off/picked apart after 20 minutes.

BoomtownHibees
19-10-2015, 01:03 PM
It's mental. Written off/picked apart after 20 minutes.

Seen Jamie Insall having a go at the negativity of the fans after the game on Saturday as well. On Facebook saying "we won, what's with all the negative comments".

He's now deleted the comment

Scott Allan Key
19-10-2015, 01:08 PM
By the end of the season we'll know if he's or 'there's only one Islam' rings out from the stands. No sectarianism at ER.

This will be designed to benefit Chelsea and the player as much as Hibs. A home environment, a respected former youth coach in England managing him who has shown with Jason Cummings he can bring on a young forward with a bit of character.

I have no idea if he will flourish here and have only seen him play for Scotland u-21 and he looked decent. Best case scenario for Hibs is he plays well but Chelsea sell him to us he is happy here and continues to develop, but unlike Malonga's debut, he didn't turn the game, is raw, and doesn't have a Serie A pedigree and is here to develop primarily hopefully to Hibs benefit, so I am just delighted we are taking a gamble on potential rather than the plethora of washed up journeymen and mercenaries we had pre-Stubbs.

Jim44
19-10-2015, 01:12 PM
You accidentally typed a capital "D" instead of a capital "I"? They are almost on opposite sides of the keyboard. How is that a typo?

It was originally Dislam. Could have been worse, it might have been Dismal. :greengrin

greenlex
19-10-2015, 02:51 PM
You accidentally typed a capital "D" instead of a capital "I"? They are almost on opposite sides of the keyboard. How is that a typo? I was gonna title it something else (cant even remember what)and deleted everything except the D. that ok? geez whats the big deal FFS?

J-C
19-10-2015, 03:01 PM

Thought he had a Porsche ?

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Haha is that his car? Saw it outside the Omni on Saturday lunch-time and was pissing myself at how stupid it looks.

Did you forget to look at the number plate. :greengrin

silverhibee
19-10-2015, 04:10 PM

Think he has a few cars.

J-C
19-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Think he has a few cars.

As long as he aint driving any of them :wink:

The Green Goblin
19-10-2015, 09:05 PM
I was gonna title it something else (cant even remember what)and deleted everything except the D. that ok? geez whats the big deal FFS?

No big deal and not worth fighting over it, as you say. All good. I do wish we weren't so quick to turn on our own though. I really wish we could break that habit, especially after we won 4-2 and the player in question only got 20 minutes. But I take back the comment about the typo. Cheers.

dmc1875
19-10-2015, 09:12 PM
I thought watching him he looked quick and made a fair few decent runs that were just not caught by the Hibs player with the ball at the time. A couple
of times Gray fed the ball to him far
too late. He has talent no question and brings something different so not sure why or how people could
be negative about him?

greenlex
19-10-2015, 09:41 PM
No big deal and not worth fighting over it, as you say. All good. I do wish we weren't so quick to turn on our own though. I really wish we could break that habit, especially after we won 4-2 and the player in question only got 20 minutes. But I take back the comment about the typo. Cheers.
Cool. I only started the thread as I was looking forward to seeing this kid I had heard so much about. I'm disappointed to be honest but acknowledge its early.

Andy74
20-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Cool. I only started the thread as I was looking forward to seeing this kid I had heard so much about. I'm disappointed to be honest but acknowledge its early.

I agree with you. Two sub appearances and he has struggled to get into the game at all. I'm sure there is more to come but my point about his cars and so in is to reach that level of reward so far you should be a bit special and should probably look like it against the teams we are playing.

JimBHibees
20-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Eh? That's what I'm saying, people are being far to quick to judge him. Unless I've picked you up wrong and you are agreeing with me?

I was agreeing with you.

MB62
20-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I agree with you. Two sub appearances and he has struggled to get into the game at all. I'm sure there is more to come but my point about his cars and so in is to reach that level of reward so far you should be a bit special and should probably look like it against the teams we are playing.

It's not the laddie's fault if somebody else thinks they see something special in him and decide to pay him loads of money.
Personally, I couldn't care less if he drives to work in a Ferrari or comes in on a tricycle, it's what he does when he put on a pair of football boots that counts.

So far, as a Hibs player, he has not shown anything special but then he's hardly had a chance. We are one quarter of the way through our league season so a long way still to go and I really think this thread is a discussion/argument about nothing.

Danderhall Hibs
20-10-2015, 11:28 AM
As long as he aint driving any of them :wink:

He's got a personal chaffeur hasn't he?

Thecat23
20-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I was agreeing with you.

It was late I knew I'd read it wrong! 😁

Thecat23
20-10-2015, 11:55 AM

That first sentence says it all. "Two sub appearances" not exactly much to show and when he's that quick and the players who have the ball don't pass it early enough tells me he's maybe ahead of the rest, hence the fact he's at Chelsea full time. After all we are playing in Scotland's second tier here so our players aren't exactly that great.

In no way I'm i disrespecting our own players we are were we are and have a good standard for this league and even the Prem but this boy would have trained with some very good players who play much quicker. So I think that should be taken into consideration.

Anyway I still think he'll do well do us and after this season we'll find out one way or another.

silverhibee
20-10-2015, 12:01 PM
He's got a personal chaffeur hasn't he?

He has, doesn't do sitting in the car park until the crowd has dispersed very well though. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
20-10-2015, 10:56 PM

:aok: Yep. Let's hope he finds his way eventually and starts doing the business. Probably getting more game time will help, and give him more of a chance to show what he can do, but he may have to wait his turn for that, as long as Cummings and Malonga keep doing the business. Long may that continue!:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
21-10-2015, 10:53 PM

No but he's got a conservatory ;)

Ozyhibby
21-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know why he is not playing for the development team? I would have thought he would be trying to get match sharp there?

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know why he is not playing for the development team? I would have thought he would be trying to get match sharp there?

Not good enough perhaps.

Ozyhibby
21-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Not good enough perhaps.

Seems strange when he is getting sub appearances in the first team ahead of Insall who is playing regularly for dev team?

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 11:13 PM

Farid probably needs games, and he's more a priority for us to get 100% fit

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Seems strange when he is getting sub appearances in the first team ahead of Insall who is playing regularly for dev team?

Just keeping Chelsea happy for future loan deals.

Bill Milne
22-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Feruz badly needs a seminar on the offside rule, frankly.

J-C
22-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Just keeping Chelsea happy for future loan deals.

:agree: Chelsea have dozens of players out on loan every season, not a bad club to have on your side every year when looking for a couple of loans in key positions.

Thecat23
22-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Feruz badly needs a seminar on the offside rule, frankly.

Or the team need to pass to him quicker?

Brightside
22-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Or the team need to pass to him quicker?

Indeed. Both need to adapt. He's making moves as he is expecting the ball quicker. We are getting much better at that but still more work required.

Thecat23
22-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Indeed. Both need to adapt. He's making moves as he is expecting the ball quicker. We are getting much better at that but still more work required.

Yep, both need to work a bit harder for us to get the best from him.

silverhibee
22-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Has he played in any development games yet since joining Hibs.

Ozyhibby
22-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Has he played in any development games yet since joining Hibs.

Played at Hamilton away according to Billy Whizz who is a regular at those games.
Maybe nothing in it but it does seem strange that he has not featured more for the young team.

Thecat23
22-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Played at Hamilton away according to Billy Whizz who is a regular at those games.
Maybe nothing in it but it does seem strange that he has not featured more for the young team.

I think Hibs must have agreed that if they take him and he's fit he will play first team games! Can't see any benefit from playing in the development squad when he could have stayed with Chelsea and done the same with a better team.

No way was he loaned to just play in those games. Even though I do think it would help him.

jacomo
22-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I think Hibs must have agreed that if they take him and he's fit he will play first team games! Can't see any benefit from playing in the development squad when he could have stayed with Chelsea and done the same with a better team.

No way was he loaned to just play in those games. Even though I do think it would help him.

I don't think we should be making those sorts of promises to anyone, even a club of Chelsea's standing.

If he's good enough, he'll make the first team. But we can't compromise our own ambitions for this season by including a player who can't deliver on the pitch.

Thecat23
22-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I don't think we should be making those sorts of promises to anyone, even a club of Chelsea's standing.

If he's good enough, he'll make the first team. But we can't compromise our own ambitions for this season by including a player who can't deliver on the pitch.

That's just how I see it, Hibs may not have this agreement but it's for me the only way he wouldn't be playing in the development side.

If they have, I also agree we prob shouldn't be doing it but then again would he have came up to just play youth games? Stubbs must think he's good enough for the first team and personally so so I. Just needs more game time in the first team.

GreenCastle
22-10-2015, 11:18 AM
It's common for teams like Chelsea who loan players to others that they stipulate the player must play X amount of games if available and fit.

If the player doesn't play then at the end of the loan there is often a cost associatied (nearly like a compensation fee for not playing them) which is due to the parent club.

Basically Chelsea and other clubs making sure that the players they own get game time and aren't just training (which they could do at the Cobham Training ground).

An article about loan players on BBC website recently - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34125476

Chelsea basically have more players on loan than we have in our squad!