PDA

View Full Version : Greatest every sporting moment

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 08:10 PM
What do you think is Scotland's (or someone who is Scottish) greatest sporting moment. Ideally, it should be a winning moment, but it could also be a moment of sportsmanship!

Scotland rugby - Grand Slam 1990
Scotland rugby - Grand Slam 1984
Andy Murray - Wimbledon 2013
Sandy Lyle - Masters 1988

Some initial thoughts, but loads of others..............

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 08:13 PM
What do you think is Scotland's (or someone who is Scottish) greatest sporting moment. Ideally, it should be a winning moment, but it could also be a moment of sportsmanship!

Scotland rugby - Grand Slam 1990
Scotland rugby - Grand Slam 1984
Andy Murray - Wimbledon 2013
Sandy Lyle - Masters 1988

Some initial thoughts, but loads of others..............

ever not every

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 08:15 PM
One that stands out for me, although I accept it is nowhere near the greatest Scottish sporting monent, was Campbell Gillies riding Brindisi Breeze to victory in the Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham Festival. A Scottish jockey guiding home the first Scottish trained winner at Cheltenham in a decade.

It's poignant for me because I knew Campbell personally and he tragically died only a few months later. In a cruel twist of fate the horse bolted from the yard only weeks later and was hit by a truck and killed. Very, very sad. I was at Cheltenham that day and hearing and seeing hundreds if not thousands of Scots cheering the pair back into the winners enclosure, usually reserved for the Irish, English and occasionally the French, was a special moment.