PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Thought he was very poor before his injury. Lots of misplaced passes and not really making much of a positive impact.

Today, I thought he was back to last seasons standards. Lots of good forward passes. Not all came off, but thought he was good.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 06:57 PM
I thought he was poor for 15 minutes or so, as were a few, but that's to be expected after a few weeks out. After that he was the pick of the midfield imo and was second only to Malonga as my MOTM.

ACLeith
17-10-2015, 07:03 PM
We lost a bit of urgency when he and Keatings went off. Understandable subs though to give them an hour

Onion
17-10-2015, 07:05 PM
For someone just back after long-term injury, thought his performance and influence on the game was key to Hibs win. More than decent today.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2015, 07:19 PM
As I said on the match day thread, when he's back to 100% fitness, he'll be a 1st pick every week. Played well today after he got the feel of the game

crash
17-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Thought he was awful today,playing in as the sitting midfielder, a position which he never looked comfortable in. Better playing in a more positive role.

bigwheel
17-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Thought he was awful today,playing in as the sitting midfielder, a position which he never looked comfortable in. Better playing in a more positive role.

Are you kidding? He was very influential in our play today...very good shift...he was my MOM

Billy Whizz
17-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Are you kidding? He was very influential in our play today...very good shift...he was my MOM

I wouldn't bite, he's at it

keep the faith
17-10-2015, 08:24 PM

That is bizarre!! Really.
Fyvie was excellent today and ran the midfield. He was picking passes, covering superbly, tackling and reading the game. He was more than impressive and can't think of one thing missing in his performance.
I'm truly staggered by your post.

Hiber-nation
17-10-2015, 08:29 PM

I take it you were at the pie stand from the 10th minute to when he got subbed.

Blaster
17-10-2015, 08:30 PM
That is bizarre!! Really.
Fyvie was excellent today and ran the midfield. He was picking passes, covering superbly, tackling and reading the game. He was more than impressive and can't think of one thing missing in his performance.
I'm truly staggered by your post.

I'm with you mate. Slowish start like the whole team then was really good. I think some people forget its Scotland we play in and watch too much motd or la liga

3pm
17-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Poor after he went off.

stoneyburn hibs
17-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Fyvie had a slow start but then had a good game, encouraging. A good game considering that he was just back from injury.
Actually the three that got subbed today (Malonga aside) were probably the three best on the park. Aside from a couple of daft offsides against him, Cummings played a more mature game today, credit to his coaching.

Borderhibbie76
17-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Was disappointed to see Dylan dropped today tho as he has been excellent since his return but I agree Fyvie was excellent for the most part. Demonstrates the quality of our squad when we have midfielders like Dylan and Bartley coming off the bench

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
17-10-2015, 08:56 PM
i thought he played well enough today

truehibernian
17-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Surely this is a tongue in cheek post ? He was really decent today, tidy, sat deep and tidied up at set pieces where we lost possession, kept the ball circulating to McGinn and Henderson, made sure that the ball was retained......exactly what his role was today.

I often wonder what Hibs fans actually want........yes it was Dumbarton but we were tidy with the ball, crisp, patient, pacy and scored great goals - could and should have been more too. Keatings was good, both he and Jason played nice passes, Malonga looked strong........I think everyone is swayed by the second goal they got, but for me that wasn't a reflection on the game. This game was a very very comfortable win, as it should be of course, but we are unbeaten in a while and starting to finish chances.

Fyvie back is like a new signing, great to see Keatings back, even better to see the bench and those that can't even get on that.......Hibs are very very strong at the moment :agree:

Greenblood70
17-10-2015, 09:45 PM
He was a contender for motm for me - controlled the midfield and played as well as anyone after a sticky first 10 mins. Funny how everyone sees things differently.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Anyone that can't recognise the contribution of Fyvie today doesn't really understand football in my opinion

matty_f
17-10-2015, 10:57 PM
I thought Fyvie took a bit to get into the game but once he did, he was excellent. Great to have him back.

NAE NOOKIE
17-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Fyvie had a very decent game today as did a few .... its a bit mental that we lost 2 goals in a game we dominated from start to finish, but apart from that it was a good win and IMO there was another gear if we had needed it.

Just two observations:

1) .... I'm at a loss to understand why Bartley came on for Keatings when we were well on top, why not sub him with a forward.

2) .... And this isn't a gripe about his overall game today: Why on earth when he was presented with a clear unchallenged shooting opportunity 18 yards out directly in front of goal wouldn't a 'professional' football player of 10 years experience not try to shoot just because its on his 'wrong' foot ... we were 4 - 1 up at the time .. FFS Lewis, have a go man.

Dashing Bob S
18-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Strange how people can have different views on the same game. My MOM, thought he bossed it today.

lucky
18-10-2015, 06:03 AM
He was ok, but generally slows the play down to much. But it's first game back from injury hopefully he'll improve

Leith Green
18-10-2015, 08:09 AM
I think that somtimes the role the player has been asked to play can make the players performance seem ropey. I too thought Fyvie lacked urgency in possesion whilst watching the game. But when you take into account the role he was asked to play then he probs had a decent game

Smartie
18-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Strange how people can have different views on the same game. My MOM, thought he bossed it today.

I agree, thought he was superb.

I wasn't impressed by his start to the season prior to his injury either and wondered where and how he was going to get back into the team.

But he was excellent yesterday.

dangermouse
18-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Was disappointed to see Dylan dropped today tho as he has been excellent since his return but I agree Fyvie was excellent for the most part. Demonstrates the quality of our squad when we have midfielders like Dylan and Bartley coming off the bench

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Think Stubbs had an eye on Tuesday night's game with the team selection yesterday

B.H.F.C
18-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Think Stubbs had an eye on Tuesday night's game with the team selection yesterday

100%. He knew he could make multiple changes yesterday and still be relatively comfortable. Tough run of fixtures coming up so it was a good time to do it.

Fully expect Hanlon, McGeough and probably Bartley to be back in the side on Tuesday.

DAVE1875
19-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Same opinion as Pretty Boy; he seemed very nervy for the first 15, wasn't much communication between him and the defence and seemed to hesitate in situations where two players need to decide who is going for the loose ball

Beyond that he came into the game and until his substitution was one of the better players

allezsauzee
19-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Fyvie was the best player on the park. Makes it easier to go with 3 in midfield when you have him as the holding player, covers a huge amount of ground and shifts the ball about nice and quickly.

Monts
19-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Fyvie had a very decent game today as did a few .... its a bit mental that we lost 2 goals in a game we dominated from start to finish, but apart from that it was a good win and IMO there was another gear if we had needed it.

Just two observations:

1) .... I'm at a loss to understand why Bartley came on for Keatings when we were well on top, why not sub him with a forward.

2) .... And this isn't a gripe about his overall game today: Why on earth when he was presented with a clear unchallenged shooting opportunity 18 yards out directly in front of goal wouldn't a 'professional' football player of 10 years experience not try to shoot just because its on his 'wrong' foot ... we were 4 - 1 up at the time .. FFS Lewis, have a go man.

For 1) I think they got the numbers mixed up for the subs as McGeough came on for fyvie immediately after.

keep the faith
19-10-2015, 06:03 PM
100%. He knew he could make multiple changes yesterday and still be relatively comfortable. Tough run of fixtures coming up so it was a good time to do it.

Fully expect Hanlon, McGeough and probably Bartley to be back in the side on Tuesday.

I wouldn't start mcgeough ahead of fyvie.

Smartie
19-10-2015, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't start mcgeough ahead of fyvie.

Depends on the game. Different strengths, different weaknesses, different players.

Personally I don't think there's that much between Bartley, Henderson, McGinn, McGeoch and Fyvie.

I like them all.