PDA

View Full Version : The 'Section'

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Asked this on the match thread but didn't see an answer.

Where was the singing section today? Whole area was empty and no drum etc.

bingo70
17-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Asked this on the match thread but didn't see an answer.

Where was the singing section today? Whole area was empty and no drum etc.

I've no idea but the whole voucher thing cannae be helping.

Not sure who's idea it was but it was a daft one.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 05:52 PM
I've no idea but the whole voucher thing cannae be helping.

Not sure who's idea it was but it was a daft one.

Agree.

Can see why it was frustrating for the guys getting blamed for the smoke bombs and flash bangs and stuff but it's not been the same since they moved from the back and started the vouchers imo.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2015, 05:54 PM
It was the club's idea I'm sure I read.

PatHead
17-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Missed them today.

Leith Green
17-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Cant say i even noticed from the west stand

Malthibby
17-10-2015, 06:42 PM
It's the school holidays, they'll be away with their mums & dads:greengrin

BoomtownHibees
17-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Cant say i even noticed from the west stand

That's cos they weren't there

Pete
17-10-2015, 06:46 PM
They were fantastic when they were up the top and there were lots of them.

They need to be properly accommodated as they are the heartbeat of the support. I've changed my mind and would love to see them in the FF lower but I fear there'd be too many obstacles.

Centre Hawf
17-10-2015, 08:35 PM
All this chat of it moving to the front or to the FF is the wrong idea. Section 43 was brilliant for atmosphere, okay so they didn't behave at times unfortunately but can they really stop a group of guys getting together and sitting and singing in a specific section of the stadium? Unless they're banned of course.

stoneyburn hibs
17-10-2015, 08:39 PM

They need to be properly accommodated as they are the heartbeat of the support. I've changed my mind and would love to see them in the FF lower but I fear there'd be too many obstacles.

This, canny be that hard to accommodate them, needs addressed sooner rather than later.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Not missed dinnae need them.

green day
17-10-2015, 11:14 PM

Definitely missed, DO need them.

Carheenlea
18-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Agree.

Can see why it was frustrating for the guys getting blamed for the smoke bombs and flash bangs and stuff but it's not been the same since they moved from the back and started the vouchers imo.

The rights and wrongs of it have been well debated, but in my opinion it`s not been the same since the smoke bombs and flash bangs were clamped down upon.

Leith Green
18-10-2015, 08:04 AM
That's cos they weren't there

Obviously i meant i didnt notice the difference between them being there and not being there.

Malthibby
18-10-2015, 09:03 AM

Hope that's as tongue in cheek as my comment about them being on their school holidays.
They might keep me awake with all their banging & singing but E.R.s a morgue without
them.
GG

keep the faith
18-10-2015, 09:10 AM

You preferred the reserve game style ambience of yesterday?????

Since1875Hibs
18-10-2015, 10:53 AM

The way you go on you'd think they supported another team.

DaveF
18-10-2015, 11:06 AM
The way you go on you'd think they supported another team.

I'd ignore those comments.

IMO, there needs to be a place found soon for those who want to bring some noise to the game. Yesterday was like a library, so hopefully you can sort something out with the club.

CorrieHibs
18-10-2015, 11:12 AM

🎣

CorrieHibs
18-10-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't know why they don't have them behind the goals? I know it's the family stand but surly they can accommodate them. It's always better behind the goals as well. Liverpool and Man united have done that for years.

emerald green
18-10-2015, 11:23 AM
It's good having fans making a lot of noise and creating a bit of atmosphere, but even with the "Section" it's still going to be difficult creating much of an atmosphere at ER for the following reason IMO:

Creating atmosphere with an attendance of 8,000 (and virtually no away support - 138 yesterday!) in a stadium which can hold over 20,000 is always going to be difficult. I'm not knocking the attendance BTW. By yesterday's crowds at other grounds across Scotland, Hibs getting 8,000 for a game against Dumbarton isn't too bad.

The atmosphere at matches should improve if Hibs get out of this league, thereby getting more people into the ground - both home and away supporters.

Leith Green
18-10-2015, 11:56 AM
You preferred the reserve game style ambience of yesterday?????

You do realise that unless you are sitting in that half of the east stand then you hardly hear them??

gaz1875
18-10-2015, 11:57 AM
You could here a pin drop when we were 4 - 1 up and playing really good crisp attacking football, even with a few minutes left the ground was about empty :confused: :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Remove the obstacles. It has to be the FF lower and Hibs need to get a grip on this IMO.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Remove the obstacles. It has to be the FF lower and Hibs need to get a grip on this IMO.

Is there really such a demand for this it requires immediate action?

Even at it's peak S43 only had a couple of hundred folk standing up there. The 'obstacles' involve potentially pissing off several hundred people to accomodate a group of, from what I have seen this season and much of last, about 50-60 people.

It something else that, in my opinion, gets far more discussion than it actually merits.

Keith_M
18-10-2015, 12:37 PM
The atmosphere was terrible yesterday. If Section 43, or whatever they're currently called, can't be bothered to even turn up, then the rest of the support need to try to create an atmosphere (if they want it)

What's stopping people that do want a sing-song meeting up in section 43 and just singing? Nobody organised the singing before so I don't see why we need it to be organised now.

percy veer
18-10-2015, 02:21 PM
The whole things a bit cringey in my opinion

bod
18-10-2015, 03:03 PM

The bottom rows of the east up to the stairs & running the whole length of the pitch would suit

sixtwo
18-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Good idea to house them in the famous five. Create more atmosphere and the kids will like it.
I would love to see the east return to a more natural environment. The section with their drum and new songs can be fake and cringey at times.
I long for the days when a sole voice booms out a roaring "HAIL" and the rest of the terra in crowd join in.

It's all too orchestrated now. I think the section has had a fire impact on the terrace!

andyf5
18-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Good idea to house them in the famous five. Create more atmosphere and the kids will like it.
I would love to see the east return to a more natural environment. The section with their drum and new songs can be fake and cringey at times.
I long for the days when a sole voice booms out a roaring "HAIL" and the rest of the terra in crowd join in.

It's all too orchestrated now. I think the section has had a fire impact on the terrace!

disagree. The east return to a more natural environment? Yesterday was a chance for that and it was dire. The "section" have at times got all three sides of the stadium going creating a noise that must spur on the players and therefore improving our chances in games. They should be moved back to where they were further up the east imho.

HappyAsHellas
18-10-2015, 08:59 PM
The sooner we get the singing section back behind the goals the better. The reasons are alarmingly simple, yet the club has done nothing that I'm aware of so far. Sound travels in much the same way as vision, so if you sit in section 38 for example, you might be aware of a beat or clapping but not much more. You are however, very aware of the noise the fifty away fans are making. Every seat in the stadium is designed to see the goals, so it stands to reason that every seat in the stadium can hear what's going on directly behind them. We need more atmosphere and it's easy to do it. Get the guys behind the goals. Remember the coo shed anyone? Time for the club to extract the finger and get things organised. Family sections and old farts have killed the atmosphere at every ground in the country, even yamfans own up to this. Get it sorted!

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-10-2015, 10:05 PM
It's a strange one certainly. Yesterday I stood in Sect 43 and watched a middle aged couple and their two sons eating a picnic. Sandwiches, apples the lot. Not knocking anyone that bothers going to games, however sect 43 shouldn't be the place for picnics, should it?!
I hate when you see teams closing entire stands but I think we should be closing the upper FF whilst we remain in this pish league. Get the lower tier rammed and create some noise, get the singers in the middle section and the noise will spread. The FF is really tragic these days since the East was enlarged. I had my season ticket in there for a decade whilst I was a young lad and it was always busy, it's now a ghost town. Looks awful. Something needs to change.

Onceinawhile
19-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I couldn't get three seats together in the FF lower so it can't be that much of a ghost town. FF upper happens to be my favourite spot at the moment so I'd rather it wasn't shut!

green&left
19-10-2015, 08:20 AM
It's a strange one certainly. Yesterday I stood in Sect 43 and watched a middle aged couple and their two sons eating a picnic. Sandwiches, apples the lot. Not knocking anyone that bothers going to games, however sect 43 shouldn't be the place for picnics, should it?!
I hate when you see teams closing entire stands but I think we should be closing the upper FF whilst we remain in this pish league. Get the lower tier rammed and create some noise, get the singers in the middle section and the noise will spread. The FF is really tragic these days since the East was enlarged. I had my season ticket in there for a decade whilst I was a young lad and it was always busy, it's now a ghost town. Looks awful. Something needs to change.

I had a constant crash, bang and whallop emitting from a speaker behind me for 90 minutes - turned round to see a kid playing on his ipad tablet. Take it it was a Hibs kids day?

The new east is pish, soul-less and sanitised as you find with most modern stands. That along with playing in this league results in ER sounding like a library for 90 minutes. Even walking to the game from Lochend at 2.50pm it was like a friendly. Think there's a lot of folk simply can't be ersed for another season on first division fitba - myself included BTW.

Blaster
19-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Are we not at risk of making the east a ghost town if we move fans from there?

We should be looking to make the East busier and more intimidating. Can't see packing behind the goals making teams scared of coming to ER.

Leave the family section where it is in my opinion

Moulin Yarns
19-10-2015, 09:32 AM

You can't close the FF upper, that is where the comfy armchairs are. I must remember the travelling rug and flask of hot chocolate the next time I'm in those seats. :greengrin

Keith_M
19-10-2015, 04:57 PM
The sooner we get the singing section back behind the goals the better.

How do you mean 'back' behind the goals? The Singing Section has always been in the East Stand.

:confused:

Moulin Yarns
19-10-2015, 05:35 PM
How do you mean 'back' behind the goals? The Singing Section has always been in the East Stand.

:confused:

Back in the day when the cave was where the FF is now. 1970s folk know what's going on

Keith_M
19-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Back in the day when the cave was where the FF is now. 1970s folk know what's going on

Mibbe, but they'll all be in their seventies by now

:wink:

O'Rourke3
19-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Mibbe, but they'll all be in their seventies by now

:wink:
oi mid fifties ya cheeky wee rascal ye :grr:

andyf5
19-10-2015, 08:38 PM

Funnily enough I was told on Saturday that hibs allow you to take in picnics but they search the picnic basket. Some guys were taking in their Greggs takeaways. Perhaps we should designate a picnic section?

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2015, 09:11 PM
I couldn't get three seats together in the FF lower so it can't be that much of a ghost town. FF upper happens to be my favourite spot at the moment so I'd rather it wasn't shut!

Whilst I believe you, I'm guessing the club are making some sort of mistake or there's an error on the booking system or something as I literally see dozens of empty seats next to each other in the FF lower almost every home game.
I appreciate that folk will enjoy sitting in the FF upper, I've enjoyed it on the occasions that I've sat up there. Just trying to think of ways to improve our current chronic lack of atmosphere. 2,000 crammed into the lower tier with our noisier supporters in the middle of it all would create a better atmosphere than 2,000 dotted about a 4,000 seater stand. The bigger teams are starting to locate travelling fans away from behind the goals so they don't create as much noise yet we've got our family section in there. Just seems daft

CL0762
19-10-2015, 10:13 PM

I've had my seat in the FF upper for 17 years so I'd rather it stayed open!

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-10-2015, 10:28 PM
I've had my seat in the FF upper for 17 years so I'd rather it stayed open!

That's fair enough [emoji106] Just trying to think of ways to improve the current poor atmosphere

S4uzee
19-10-2015, 11:28 PM
In terms of the away end, why do Hibs open up the whole stand for 100 or so away fans? Surely they could be put in the lower west corner

Greencore
20-10-2015, 01:31 AM
In terms of the away end, why do Hibs open up the whole stand for 100 or so away fans? Surely they could be put in the lower west corner

Maybe we should move them up a stand so they can't encourage their team... In all seriousness though I did think this on Saturday

Pete
20-10-2015, 02:26 AM

1. Buy cheap season ticket for the lower.

2. Find secret stairway.

3. Sit in decadent upper.

Waxy
20-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Years ago when there was no atmosphere the north side of the old main stand would sing a few lines of Hibees stomp stomp stomp now and again.

The Gorf
20-10-2015, 09:31 AM
:thumbsup::top marks