PDA

View Full Version : NHC Howard Kendall

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 10:26 AM
BBC reporting that Howard Kendall, ex Everton manager who lead them to an English top league title (can't recall if it was still the 1st Division in those days) has died.

"Sad news reaching us this morning that Everton legend Howard Kendall has died, at the age of 69.The County Durham-born midfielder won the league as both a player and manager with the Toffees - making more than 200 appearances and managing the club in three separate spells.
The most successful of those managerial spells was in the eighties, when he led the blue half of Merseyside to two league titles, an FA Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup."

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:51 AM
RIP Howard Kendall a great Everton manager who played a huge part in the Merseyside dominance of the 80's.

matty_f
17-10-2015, 10:53 AM
RIP Howard Kendall a great Everton manager who played a huge part in the Merseyside dominance of the 80's.

:agree: he did very well at Everton. RIP.

Cheshire Hibby
17-10-2015, 10:58 AM
My condolences to the family and all Evertonians. RIP Howard.

Scottie
17-10-2015, 11:06 AM
:agree: RIP. He always came across as a real gentleman.

Sad loss to football and to Merseyside.

weecounty hibby
17-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Really upset to hear the news this morning. An Everton great as a player and manager, has a record that sadly is unlikely to be bettered at Goodison. Sad loss and Evertonians everywhere will be in mourning.

BT58
17-10-2015, 11:13 AM
R.I.P. Howard Kendall.
Phil Thompson [sp] gave him full respect on Soccer Saturday.
sad news

J-C
17-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Great manager and a wonderful player as well seemingly RIP

Baader
17-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Everton legend in every sense. Greatest manager they've had and a sad loss to football. RIP

The Harp
17-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Very sad day for the blue half of Merseyside. One of the most legendary figures to pull on the famous blue Everton shirt and the club's most successful manager.

RIP

Mr White
17-10-2015, 09:15 PM
RIP Howard Kendall, a great achievement to win a European trophy.

Greencore
17-10-2015, 09:24 PM
A true evertonian, rip.

Sergey
17-10-2015, 09:38 PM

Good post, Scouse - I was genuinely interested to read your reply.

Everton at the time were blessed with possibly the best keeper this 'nation' has ever produced.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Was a real shame that when Everton won the league, the English clubs were banned from European football. I think that Everton team could well have won the European Cup.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Good post, Scouse - I was genuinely interested to read your reply.

Everton at the time were blessed with possibly the best keeper this 'nation' has ever produced.

Neville Southall was for a couple of seasons without a doubt the best goalkeeper in the world.

Scouse Hibee
17-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Very sad day for the blue half of Merseyside. One of the most legendary figures to pull on the famous blue Everton shirt and the club's most successful manager.

RIP

The red half of Merseyside recognise a true footballing legend too, Howard Kendall is a legend in Merseyside football

ginger_rice
18-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I've friends who live in Formby who I visit often and have been in Howard's company a couple of times there I think he's been unwell for quite some time so not shocked to hear the news but saddened just the same.

Howard was often to be found in Woodwards Wine Bar in Formby which was once part owned by a certain A Stubbs.