PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEEANN: LOYALTY POINTS UPDATE

RSS Bot
17-10-2015, 09:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5787)

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Seems fair enough to me.

It's a way to give a few points to people who perhaps through location or work or whatever can't attend games but are contributing in another way. It's also not in any way penalising those who attend matches and also contribute to HSL.

Billy Whizz
17-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Seems fair enough to me.

It's a way to give a few points to people who perhaps through location or work or whatever can't attend games but are contributing in another way. It's also not in any way penalising those who attend matches and also contribute to HSL.

How many points did they get? How will this affect fans getting tickets etc for Ibrox etc. E.G, what is the max amount of points someone can get

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 09:42 AM
How many points did they get? How will this affect fans getting tickets etc for Ibrox etc. E.G, what is the max amount of points someone can get

I've absolutely no idea how many points it is tbh, I've checked mine this morning and had nothing added as of yet.

I don't know the full ins and outs of it but in principle it seems fair enough as even if it's 50 or 60 points someone gets they are very unlikely to jump ahead of a regular away attendee for tickets to the 1 or 2 games a season that actually get close to requiring high loyalty points.

hibs0666
17-10-2015, 09:45 AM

100 points granted on 2 Feb 16.

liamh2202
17-10-2015, 10:04 AM
I will get these points but think its a step too far in the loyalty scheme. The share issue was never sold as a way to get loyalty points and its another step towards creating a two tier fan system

Onceinawhile
17-10-2015, 10:42 AM
I will get these points but think its a step too far in the loyalty scheme. The share issue was never sold as a way to get loyalty points and its another step towards creating a two tier fan system

The loyalty system is all about creating tiers in the support. Those in the top tier get first dibs on the tickets that are more limited.

No one moaned about us creating a "two tier support" when only season ticket holders got priority.

Keith_M
17-10-2015, 11:09 AM

I don't have many Loyalty Points but I'm quite happy for those that contribute more to the Club than I do to get priority for Match Tickets.

If you* want more points, attend more games. No big deal, really.

* Not you personally ;-)

lucky
17-10-2015, 11:58 AM
I think the whole loyalty scheme is fairly pointless. Tickets are available for all games. Maybe for the play offs it might come into play but I think to much is put into to it. It should have been left as it was ST get first chance then others.

southern hibby
17-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I've got full loyalty points as I go to every game. I do not pay into HSL and I believe that we are as fans being forced to pay into this scheme if we want to Guarantee a ticket for away games.

Are share holders going to get 100 or so points too? Because this deadline has passed and we have now no option to buy shares. Or do we?? Genuine question.
I love the club and can afford to go but a lot of folk who go to home and away games really do find it hard to afford this especially around Christmas time. Not sure who in HSL asked for this to be done but personally I think they have a bloody cheek forcing fans who do go to all games to pay out more money that they can hardly afford too pay, just to guarantee a ticket.

Right I have a suggestion can we not get 10 points per strip bought 5 points per scarf bout etc etc etc. where will it end?

I will probably go and join HSL just to get the points not because I want to but because I feel this is the only way I will guarantee a ticket, but if anyone from Hibs is looking in make no mistake I am near to calling it a day. I thoroughly believe we are just being used now to make money and not for loyalty at all.
Maybe I'm a hypocrite but I thought HSL was to help the club if you could afford it, not to reward you by paying into it.
Also I thought the loyalty point scheme was for fans who go to all the games ( or as many as possible ) to get tickets before someone who just fancies attending the odd away game.

Rant over

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
17-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Good on the club for this one, maybe we are just looking to recognise that loyalty comes in many forms, amongst this group is people who give their money in the full understanding that historically they will get nothing in return but do it for the love of the club and to keep the cash going in even if they cant always do it by getting to see a live game in return for their money.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 12:27 PM
I've got full loyalty points as I go to every game. I do not pay into HSL and I believe that we are as fans being forced to pay into this scheme if we want to Guarantee a ticket for away games.

Are share holders going to get 100 or so points too? Because this deadline has passed and we have now no option to buy shares. Or do we?? Genuine question.
I love the club and can afford to go but a lot of folk who go to home and away games really do find it hard to afford this especially around Christmas time. Not sure who in HSL asked for this to be done but personally I think they have a bloody cheek forcing fans who do go to all games to pay out more money that they can hardly afford too pay, just to guarantee a ticket.

Right I have a suggestion can we not get 10 points per strip bought 5 points per scarf bout etc etc etc. where will it end?

I will probably go and join HSL just to get the points not because I want to but because I feel this is the only way I will guarantee a ticket, but if anyone from Hibs is looking in make no mistake I am near to calling it a day. I thoroughly believe we are just being used now to make money and not for loyalty at all.
Maybe I'm a hypocrite but I thought HSL was to help the club if you could afford it, not to reward you by paying into it.
Also I thought the loyalty point scheme was for fans who go to all the games ( or as many as possible ) to get tickets before someone who just fancies attending the odd away game.

Rant over

GGTTH

I understand your frustration but I think stepping back and taking a breath probably shows a lot of your fears are unfounded.

Thus far this season there have been 2 games were loyalty points were needed. Rangers away where we failed to sell out and Dumbarton which went to a limited public sale beforw selling out. If you, like myself, have a ST and attend most away games you will have enough loyalty points to get a ticket for every game you want to whether you join HSL or not. I think at times many fans, myself included, are guilty of over estimating demand for Hibs games.

Personally I think many are over thinking the loyalty scheme. As far as I can see if we reach another final it will help ensure regular walk up attendees are taking care off and rightly so. Those of us who attend regularly home and away will be fine as we always have been. The Falkirk game next week is a case in point. There was a few folk making a big fuss because it went straight to general sale, what's the point of a loyalty scheme etc etc. If a discussion I had earlier in the week is accurate then Hibs have barely shifted 500 tickets thus far, no loyalty issues to worry about.

The Green Goblin
17-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Do subscriptions to Hibs TV earn loyalty points?

greenlad
17-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Rant over

GGTTH

I am in agreement with that. I go to virtually all away games and until now have been in the first-dibs bracket for tickets, as others have said its rarely an issue (although demand will be an issue when its a derby at Tynecastle with a 1500 allocation in future). As has been said I thought the whole point of the loyalty scheme was to reward consistent match attenders with ticket preference for high-demand games and nothing more complex than that. Now people who have chosen to invest a certain way without attending matches will be artificially parachuted into a higher level of ticket preference.

In terms of shareholding/HSL membership I elected to put a significant amount (£600) into direct share ownership up front (roughly equivalent of £18.75 per month over 3 years!) - basically I was happy to invest the full amount directly in the club itself at that point rather than pay a smaller monthly amount to a third party (HSL). (yes I know it all ends up in the same place etc)

I've aways thought that HSL/shares should be kept sepaerate from the loyalty scheme - but to give preference to HSL members and not shareholders is just ridiculous.

I'm actually now feeling compelled into joining HSL at £5 a month for 3 months then cancelling, just to keep my loyalty points up. Not in the spirit the scheme was intended for course but it seems that is the only workaround.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 12:48 PM
well it's about time folk that buy stuff out of the club shop get loyalty points as well

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I still think people are way over thinking the loyalty scheme.

For years we didn't have one and I bought a ST and attended a majority of away games and I can honestly say hand on heart I can't think of one single game I wanted to attend that I was unable to due to ticketing demand. Now we have a loyalty scheme I don't feel any different whether those who invest in HSL get extra points or otherwise.

Our likely play off opponents all give us sibstanial allocations which will cover demand amongst the top 2 or 3 tiers of loyalty points. We failed to sell out Ibrox earlier in the season so that's an irrelevant argument and if Tynecastle becomes an issue again then those who attend most games home and away will be at the front of the queue if they continue their current habits as it should be. Storm in a teacup situation.

marinello59
17-10-2015, 01:08 PM
The loyalty scheme has certainly moved on from the reason it was initially suggested for, rewarding walk up fans.
As others have said, it will make no difference to ST holders who will continue to get tickets for all the high demand games. Hopefully the club don't make the same mistake as they did with the Rangers game by introducing too many tiers, there really is no need for that other than to make some wait longer, a pain in the backside if you either want to sit with people in different tiers or can't get down to the club on your allocated day.
Other than that I have no issue with the scheme other than questioning whether it is actually worth all the effort.

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2015, 11:55 AM
It had to happen:

For the first time since Leeann came on board I find myself a wee bit annoyed with the club. I don't have a problem with a loyalty scheme, but I want to see it applied fairly. In view of that I'm at a loss to see why members of HSL are getting loyalty points, but those of us who paid up front to become independent shareholders are not.

As Leeann said in that statement ....its up to Hibs how they apply the scheme ... but fairly please Leeann. This is a bit like giving ST holders in the west stand 100 loyalty points and none to East Stand ST holders.

Jack
18-10-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm in two minds.

I can see how some folk are upset. Against that it's only 1,000 folk, increased to 3,000 if shareholders get the same.

Those supporters who already go to away games are building up more points than the home only folk, who I doubt are going to all of a sudden want to go to away matches were points will be at a premium.

So I think the number of regular away travelers disadvantaged will be absolutely minimal, if any.

I think were it might make a difference is for big matches at Hampden where long distance fans who only come along when they're 'home' will be able to apply for tickets with a degree of certainty. These people, who are investing in the club, will then have an advantage over fans who only ever pay money to watch Hibs at Hampden.

As for the communications HSL need their arse kicked. This isn't the first time they've jumped the gun on what should be an official announcement.

Finally the club itself.

Maybe the club do need to think about if it's a loyalty or rewards scheme.

And I do think the club need to reserve the right to make decisions, like this one, without consultation even where there's a Working Together Group. Although it would be good if the club/Leeann could explain to that group why that decision was made ... which was her intention, so I don't think the club can be blamed for the way this unfolded.

HH81
18-10-2015, 12:26 PM
So by what date do i need to set up monthly direct debit by to make sure i get the points?

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2015, 01:52 PM

Billy, HSL members will get 100 points. If you go to every away game in the league you would get 90 (18*5), but less now as Raith never gave Hibs tickets to sell, so no loyalty points awarded for Raith game.....

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm in two minds.

I can see how some folk are upset. Against that it's only 1,000 folk, increased to 3,000 if shareholders get the same.

Those supporters who already go to away games are building up more points than the home only folk, who I doubt are going to all of a sudden want to go to away matches were points will be at a premium.

So I think the number of regular away travelers disadvantaged will be absolutely minimal, if any.

I think were it might make a difference is for big matches at Hampden where long distance fans who only come along when they're 'home' will be able to apply for tickets with a degree of certainty. These people, who are investing in the club, will then have an advantage over fans who only ever pay money to watch Hibs at Hampden.

As for the communications HSL need their arse kicked. This isn't the first time they've jumped the gun on what should be an official announcement.

Finally the club itself.

Maybe the club do need to think about if it's a loyalty or rewards scheme.

And I do think the club need to reserve the right to make decisions, like this one, without consultation even where there's a Working Together Group. Although it would be good if the club/Leeann could explain to that group why that decision was made ... which was her intention, so I don't think the club can be blamed for the way this unfolded.

That's what should be happening, loyalty points for game attendance, reward scheme for spend, whether that be shares, Hibs TV, Club shop merchandise etc etc

Billy Whizz
18-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Billy, HSL members will get 100 points. If you go to every away game in the league you would get 90 (18*5), but less now as Raith never gave Hibs tickets to sell, so no loyalty points awarded for Raith game.....

Thanks BH

PatHead
18-10-2015, 02:01 PM
That's what should be happening, loyalty points for game attendance, reward scheme for spend, whether that be shares, Hibs TV, Club shop merchandise etc etc

What would be the difference between loyalty and reward points?

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2015, 02:04 PM

IMO not going to happen, so not worth debating......

PatHead
18-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Wasn't really looking for a debate more just interested in the difference.

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Wasn't really looking for a debate more just interested in the difference.

I would have said loyalty points for attendance.

Rewards for spend could be anything, like discounts in club store, special one off days, like a draw to have a day at EM with the player's etc. Think it would have been great to reward people who spend money within the Club, but can't manage the games......

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I am in agreement with that. I go to virtually all away games and until now have been in the first-dibs bracket for tickets, as others have said its rarely an issue (although demand will be an issue when its a derby at Tynecastle with a 1500 allocation in future). As has been said I thought the whole point of the loyalty scheme was to reward consistent match attenders with ticket preference for high-demand games and nothing more complex than that. Now people who have chosen to invest a certain way without attending matches will be artificially parachuted into a higher level of ticket preference.

In terms of shareholding/HSL membership I elected to put a significant amount (£600) into direct share ownership up front (roughly equivalent of £18.75 per month over 3 years!) - basically I was happy to invest the full amount directly in the club itself at that point rather than pay a smaller monthly amount to a third party (HSL). (yes I know it all ends up in the same place etc)

I've aways thought that HSL/shares should be kept sepaerate from the loyalty scheme - but to give preference to HSL members and not shareholders is just ridiculous.

I'm actually now feeling compelled into joining HSL at £5 a month for 3 months then cancelling, just to keep my loyalty points up. Not in the spirit the scheme was intended for course but it seems that is the only workaround.

Would your points not be removed in that instance?

jonty
18-10-2015, 02:23 PM

Loyalty points would be used to ticket prioritisation, reward points you convert to money-off? (clubcard/nectar etc etc).
They seem to be trying cover all the bases with one scheme.

Brooster
18-10-2015, 06:03 PM
I can understand why Hibs want to push HSL but in my opinion this is a mistake. In fact its a bit desperate. Why should someone who pays just over a £1 a week to HSL get more loyalty points than someone who goes to every away game? Twice Ive approached our two Board fans reps to discuss the loyalty scheme and both times it went in one ear and out the other. They are not good listeners....thats for sure.

BoomtownHibees
18-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Would your points not be removed in that instance?

There's nothing said about taking the points away. All that is required is the contributor to have made at least 3 payments by the end of January to be awarded 100 loyalty points

18-10-2015, 07:10 PM
I would have said loyalty points for attendance.

Rewards for spend could be anything, like discounts in club store, special one off days, like a draw to have a day at EM with the player's etc. Think it would have been great to reward people who spend money within the Club, but can't manage the games......

Think I agree with BF on this.

Loyalty is about attendance not the ability to spend more than the next person - therefore linked to gaining a place as a priority for games where tickets are scarce. Wouldn't be happy if an HSL member who doesn't attend as many games as me got tickets before me for a game where tickets are scarce.

Reward is something different and is about getting something back linked to your level of spend. I've no issue with the principle of this but this should be a discount (like Tesco or Costa) where the more you spend the more you get back. It shouldn't mean you jump up the priority for tickets.

Scouse Hibee
18-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Think I agree with BF on this.

Loyalty is about attendance not the ability to spend more than the next person - therefore linked to gaining a place as a priority for games where tickets are scarce. Wouldn't be happy if an HSL member who doesn't attend as many games as me got tickets before me for a game where tickets are scarce.

Reward is something different and is about getting something back linked to your level of spend. I've no issue with the principle of this but this should be a discount (like Tesco or Costa) where the more you spend the more you get back. It shouldn't mean you jump up the priority for tickets.

Some people's attendance is about their ability to spend more than the next person though, so I don't see the logic in that argument at all.

Agree about a loyalty and reward scheme though.

Amit
18-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Twice Ive approached our two Board fans reps to discuss the loyalty scheme and both times it went in one ear and out the other. They are not good listeners....thats for sure.

Brooster - I think the above generalisation is unfair. All of the feedback from supporters including yours was brought to the table for the Loyalty Points Working Together Group (which you were invited to). Even after we launched we refined the system based on further feedback.

The Club is well aware of the feedback given the recent developments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wookie70
18-10-2015, 10:30 PM
It seems a substantial amount of points for what could be a relatively minimum investment. I think all acts of loyalty should be awarded points. Buying strips, Pies at half time, shares or whatever. Attendance is the most important for me but everything contributes to the bigger picture. Points should be, as much as possible be in keeping with the amount spent.

The HSL point award is a good thing but I think getting more points for buying into the scheme than you would for buying a ticket for every away game seems a bit too much. Perhaps 50 points would have been more sensible and them the true home and away fans would still get more points in a season than a home fan and HSL member

Carheenlea
19-10-2015, 06:19 AM
The Loyalty Scheme should really work quite simply - points awarded for supporters following the team both at home and away games. Can't see any reason to complicate something that should be so straightforward.

Baldy Foghorn
19-10-2015, 09:58 AM
The Loyalty Scheme should really work quite simply - points awarded for supporters following the team both at home and away games. Can't see any reason to complicate something that should be so straightforward.

In a nutshell D.......:rolleyes:

lord bunberry
19-10-2015, 10:06 AM
It's always the way with these things. What starts as a good idea gets ever more complicated and starts to piss more and more people off until it's eventually scrapped.

cabbageandribs1875
19-10-2015, 10:11 AM
It's always the way with these things. What starts as a good idea gets ever more complicated and starts to piss more and more people off until it's eventually scrapped.

please don't say that...........i'd miss reading those loyalty threads, watching a few get in a right good tizzy :greengrin

lord bunberry
19-10-2015, 10:12 AM
please don't say that...........i'd miss reading those loyalty threads, watching a few get in a right good tizzy :greengrin
It will get rebranded then :greengrin

RMQ1967
19-10-2015, 10:22 AM

It's not as simple as that though. I bought a season ticket knowing I would rarely be able to attend a match due to family commitments and travel issues. I have't been able to attend a single game this season but I've made a commitment to support the club financially.

I also pay the subscription to HSL and Hibs TV. I'd love to be able to attend at least every home game but it's just not possible.

Should we get to a semi or final or play off's I'd like to think that my loyalty in supporting the club financially will be rewarded but I agree with the earlier poster who rightly highlights that in reality it will be highly unlikely that there will be a situation that regular attendees will miss out on tickets.

Leithenhibby
19-10-2015, 10:29 AM
It's not as simple as that though. I bought a season ticket knowing I would rarely be able to attend a match due to family commitments and travel issues. I have't been able to attend a single game this season but I've made a commitment to support the club financially.

I also pay the subscription to HSL and Hibs TV. I'd love to be able to attend at least every home game but it's just not possible.

Should we get to a semi or final or play off's I'd like to think that my loyalty in supporting the club financially will be rewarded but I agree with the earlier poster who rightly highlights that in reality it will be highly unlikely that there will be a situation that regular attendees will miss out on tickets.

I doff my cap........ :top marks

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2015, 10:32 AM
Brooster - I think the above generalisation is unfair. All of the feedback from supporters including yours was brought to the table for the Loyalty Points Working Together Group (which you were invited to). Even after we launched we refined the system based on further feedback.

The Club is well aware of the feedback given the recent developments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with you Amit .. I think the club does listen to the fans these days. Which is good because I would like to know why HSL shareholders are being given preferential treatment over independent shareholders ...... There is nothing wrong with a wee incentive for folk to sign up to the HSL scheme, but in my case I bought 5,000 shares up front with money I had at the time and now I cant afford to sign up to HSL ..... I never thought being an independent shareholder made me more valuable to the club than folk joining HSL .... I'm a bit annoyed to find it actually appears to makes me less valuable.

dangermouse
19-10-2015, 11:01 AM

You will have 150 points (or however many you get) for being a season ticket holder though whether you go to the games or not.

HH81
19-10-2015, 11:11 AM
So no one can answer my question?

People worry about things that may happen in the future on here. How many Hibs fans who really really really want to attend any game in Scotland miss out? Answer almost zero. :cb

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-10-2015, 11:20 AM

I disagree.

While the level or amount of points is moot, i think it is absolutely correct that people who are, in effect, shareholders, get recognition for their ongoing commitment to the club.

Subscribers to HSL are helping to secure the future ownership of Hibs, as well as contributing above and beyond financially.

I simply don't accept that there is anyone who can afford to travel to every away game, but cannot afford to pay £5 per month to what is the most important fan initiative since Hands on Hibs. And travelling away doesn't help the club financially.

Like someone else pointed out though, when will any of this make a material difference to anyone, other than dent a few uber-fan egos?

The club are right on this one IMO.

Carheenlea
19-10-2015, 11:35 AM
I disagree.

While the level or amount of points is moot, i think it is absolutely correct that people who are, in effect, shareholders, get recognition for their ongoing commitment to the club.

Subscribers to HSL are helping to secure the future ownership of Hibs, as well as contributing above and beyond financially.

I simply don't accept that there is anyone who can afford to travel to every away game, but cannot afford to pay £5 per month to what is the most important fan initiative since Hands on Hibs. And travelling away doesn't help the club financially.

Like someone else pointed out though, when will any of this make a material difference to anyone, other than dent a few uber-fan egos?

The points you raise are separate issues from the main issue (at the time of launch) of a loyalty scheme being just that - a scheme where match attendance is rewarded with points ensuring those who support Hibs more regularly are the ones who get the first opportunity to purchase match tickets when demand is high. It`s not so much about supporting the club financially by buying shares, subscribing to HSL, buying merchandise or whatever, it`s simply about supporting the team when they pay.

southern hibby
19-10-2015, 11:38 AM
I disagree.

You are correct ( in principle ) going to the away games doesn't help the club financially EXCEPT FOR,
Supporting the team by being their motivates them and the more away points we get the higher up the league we are the more money we get at the end of the season. If we win the league think about the financial benefit of that.........

GGTTH

Greenblood70
19-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Totally agree - As a few others have said we're getting the vast majority of things right off the park but I think this decision needs to be revisited.