PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: RAITH ROVERS V HIBERNIAN: TICKET INFO

RSS Bot
15-10-2015, 03:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5781)

PatHead
15-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Is the Forth Road Bridge closed that weekend?

Eric
15-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Is the Forth Road Bridge closed that weekend?

Yes K but not until 8pm on the Saturday.

SteveHFC
15-10-2015, 03:15 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5781)

What about the points. :greengrin

Keith_M
15-10-2015, 04:29 PM
It's a bit unusual that Hibs aren't selling the tickets.

Only time I've heard that before was when the two clubs in question were in dispute, like when Rangers wanted Hibs to pay them to distribute tickets or when Hibs didn't trust Hearts with the money.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2015, 05:41 PM
It's a bit unusual that Hibs aren't selling the tickets.

Only time I've heard that before was when the two clubs in question were in dispute, like when Rangers wanted Hibs to pay them to distribute tickets or when Hibs didn't trust Hearts with the money.

Think the decision was probably made as we have a lot of matches coming up. Maybe easier for all if it's pay at the gate, providing they have plenty of staff on to deal with it

Keith_M
15-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Think the decision was probably made as we have a lot of matches coming up. Maybe easier for all if it's pay at the gate, providing they have plenty of staff on to deal with it

What's the capacity of the away stand?

Billy Whizz
15-10-2015, 06:33 PM
What's the capacity of the away stand?

Over 3,300. I presume we could also get part of the railway stand as well it we were to sell out, which I think willbe unlikely

Sir David Gray
15-10-2015, 06:49 PM
It won't be a problem for the "normal" fan as supply will far outstrip demand meaning that people can turn up at 2pm on the day of the game and they'll be almost guaranteed to get in.

However as a wheelchair user, I'm not comfortable with this arrangement at all.

Have Raith Rovers done this for any other home match this season?

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2015, 06:53 PM
It won't be a problem for the "normal" fan as supply will far outstrip demand meaning that people can turn up at 2pm on the day of the game and they'll be almost guaranteed to get in.

If you look at their gates this season Trig, they don't pass 2,000.

Our two games there last season the crowds were 3166 and 3183........not ideal for you I know

Billy Whizz
15-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Can you not call them to prebook, and pick up on the day?

I presume it will be free seating on the day as well?

Sir David Gray
15-10-2015, 07:19 PM

There is a number on the Hibs website article which I'll try. Just don't see why the tried and trusted methods need to be changed.

mim
15-10-2015, 07:25 PM

Not so sure about the free seating, given this comment:

"As there is expected to be a large attendance on the day, supporters – especially those seeking concessionary admission – are advised to arrive early in order to reduce queues, enable groups to sit together and ensure access before kick-off!"

Sir David Gray
15-10-2015, 10:02 PM
The other (albeit minor) point I would also make is that I will end up paying more by paying in advance, due to the £2 admin fee by paying by card which I would need to do if I pay in advance.

For any adults looking to go, they'll be the same price no matter when they get their tickets, unless they're able to collect them directly from Stark's Park throughout next week, which certainly isn't an option for me.

Really just tempted to chance it and turn up on the day and pay on arrival.

It definitely sounds like there's been some sort of dispute between the two clubs for this to have happened, as someone said earlier, the only time i can remember this in the past was when Hibs sold tickets directly to Rangers and Celtic fans a few years ago. I really hope whatever has happened is resolved by the time we play them the next time.

Baldy Foghorn
15-10-2015, 10:15 PM
The other (albeit minor) point I would also make is that I will end up paying more by paying in advance, due to the £2 admin fee by paying by card which I would need to do if I pay in advance.

For any adults looking to go, they'll be the same price no matter when they get their tickets, unless they're able to collect them directly from Stark's Park throughout next week, which certainly isn't an option for me.

Really just tempted to chance it and turn up on the day and pay on arrival.

It definitely sounds like there's been some sort of dispute between the two clubs for this to have happened, as someone said earlier, the only time i can remember this in the past was when Hibs sold tickets directly to Rangers and Celtic fans a few years ago. I really hope whatever has happened is resolved by the time we play them the next time.

Raith acknowledge there will be a large attendance, but don't give Hibs pre-sale tickets, sounds a bit silly to me, but that is what happens when dealing with small clubs.......

Billy Whizz
16-10-2015, 08:02 AM

"As there is expected to be a large attendance on the day, supporters – especially those seeking concessionary admission – are advised to arrive early in order to reduce queues, enable groups to sit together and ensure access before kick-off!"
As I go with my dad and a little lad, they will have to go to a different pod from me for concessions, If they don't arrange unreserved seating, we won't be sitting together

bigwheel
16-10-2015, 08:25 AM
As I go with my dad and a little lad, they will have to go to a different pod from me for concessions, If they don't arrange unreserved seating, we won't be sitting together

Come on BW - cheer up !

it won't be full , and I'm sure fans would help you sit together if it came to that issue ....

Billy Whizz
16-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Come on BW - cheer up !

it won't be full , and I'm sure fans would help you sit together if it came to that issue ....

:wink:

Albanian Hibs
20-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Can anyone confirm that the forth bridge will be open during the day on Saturday?

silverhibee
20-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Can anyone confirm that the forth bridge will be open during the day on Saturday?

It will be open during the day, but still expect long delays through the day at the weekend as they prepare to get things ready to close the bridge down at 8 o'clock at night time.

Albanian Hibs
20-10-2015, 12:03 PM
It will be open during the day, but still expect long delays through the day at the weekend as they prepare to get things ready to close the bridge down at 8 o'clock at night time.

Thanks. Will get the train instead.

KdyHby
20-10-2015, 12:34 PM

It was down to one lane as I headed to Kirkcaldy last Saturday, at about 530 pm. A friend had similar problems going to Kirkcaldy at about 4pm on Sunday past.

Moulin Yarns
20-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks. Will get the train instead.

Does anybody know which is the away end? If it is the north it is about 15 minutes to the station after the game, if it is the south end then it will take longer getting through the 'crowd'

Looks like it is the north stand. Also, the Railway side is now closed and falling into disrepair, apparently.

KdyHby
20-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Does anybody know which is the away end? If it is the north it is about 15 minutes to the station after the game, if it is the south end then it will take longer getting through the 'crowd'

North end

silverhibee
20-10-2015, 12:46 PM
It was down to one lane as I headed to Kirkcaldy last Saturday, at about 530 pm. A friend had similar problems going to Kirkcaldy at about 4pm on Sunday past.

Took me a hour to get from Barnton to the turn off just before the bridge at about 11.30 on Saturday morning, it will be a nightmare this weekend.

Keith_M
20-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Took me a hour to get from Barnton to the turn off just before the bridge at about 11.30 on Saturday morning, it will be a nightmare this weekend.

The choo-choo will be much easier, Silver.

PatHead
20-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Might get the train from Nitten by the Bing on the new Waverley line then change at Waverley Station. Never done that before.

All excited now.

Moulin Yarns
20-10-2015, 01:09 PM
http://www.raithrovers.net/stadium-map

erin go bragh
20-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Might get the train from Nitten by the Bing on the new Waverley line then change at Waverley Station. Never done that before.

All excited now.

Can you buy a day saver ticket for the trains like you can for the bus ? quite fancy doing the above too .

SteveHFC
20-10-2015, 10:04 PM
13.90 return from eskbank

bob12345
21-10-2015, 07:59 AM
So the Forth Road Bridge isn't closed but does anyone know the situation regarding the roadworks that lead to five mile tailbacks last weekend? Are they finished?

green&left
21-10-2015, 08:27 AM
So the Forth Road Bridge isn't closed but does anyone know the situation regarding the roadworks that lead to five mile tailbacks last weekend? Are they finished?

Apparently not. Got a colleague who left Bonnyrigg at 5.30pm on Monday and never got home to Kirkcaldy til 7.30pm.

offshorehibby
21-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Newtongrange - Kirkaldy offpeak return £14.50

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/NEG/KDY/241015/1000/dep/241015/1800/dep

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Can now see a big crowd going over to Fife on Saturday, so no matter what, if it's road works or bad weather, expecting strong winds so the bridge may be down to 40mph, make sure you leave that bit earlier to enter the Kingdom of Fife, seems to always pish down with rain when we play Raith Rovers, but please folks, no umbrellas. :greengrin

PatHead
21-10-2015, 10:22 AM
13.90 return from eskbank

Oooo Eskbank. Posh one you!

PatHead
21-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Be interesting to see how many Hibs fans go with it being PATG.

Was a fantastic turnout last night though a bit quiet.

SteveHFC
21-10-2015, 10:43 AM

#train****ers

PatHead
21-10-2015, 11:23 AM
#train****ers

Excellent. :faf:

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 11:42 AM

1800 Hibs fans last night which could have been more if there had been a PATG option, which i hope that we can take a lot more through than 1800 on Saturday for a 3 o'clock KO to cheer the team on to another win where folk can just PATG to get in, 2500 fans possibly.

Aldo
21-10-2015, 11:47 AM
1800 Hibs fans last night which could have been more if there had been a PATG option, which i hope that we can take a lot more through than 1800 on Saturday for a 3 o'clock KO to cheer the team on to another win where folk can just PATG to get in, 2500 fans possibly.

I believe that the club have measures in place and the Railway end stand (west) will be an option on the day should we'll fill the other stand.

I have also been told that at the very least 5 turn styles will be open.

I would suggest that you get there early to avoid disappointment.

SteveHFC
21-10-2015, 11:55 AM

http://ontelly.co.uk/images/brand/logo/b009twl8.jpg:greengrin

mim
21-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Last Saturday I travelled through early from Kirkcaldy to Easter Road. The queue northbound approaching the bridge must have been 4 miles long.
They are using the upcoming road closure south of the bridge to do roadworks on the bridge itself.
It could be even worse this Saturday. I would certainly give yourselves an extra hour or maybe more to get there, or go via Kincardine, or take the train.

Moulin Yarns
21-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Last Saturday I travelled through early from Kirkcaldy to Easter Road. The queue northbound approaching the bridge must have been 4 miles long.
They are using the upcoming road closure south of the bridge to do roadworks on the bridge itself.
It could be even worse this Saturday. I would certainly give yourselves an extra hour or maybe more to get there, or go via Kincardine, or take the train.

A quick calculation on Google maps, it will take over 90 minutes to go over the kincardine bridge. Is it worth it?

SteveHFC
21-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Everyone is more than welcome to join the #eskbanktrain****ers on saturday if they don't want to drive over.

mim
21-10-2015, 12:31 PM
A quick calculation on Google maps, it will take over 90 minutes to go over the kincardine bridge. Is it worth it?

It's an extra half hour in normal times. It could easily be half an hour quicker with the road works.

SteveHFC
21-10-2015, 12:31 PM

naw stuck between the 2 stations, nitten is slightly nearer but mates stay nearer eskbank (dalkeith)
:greengrin

S4uzee
21-10-2015, 12:44 PM

It was very quiet last night I thought. Really miss the guys with the drum for a bit of atmosphere

kaimendhibs
21-10-2015, 12:59 PM
It was very quiet last night I thought. Really miss the guys with the drum for a bit of atmosphere

Felt exactly the same, it was a strange atmosphere

Wilson
21-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Felt exactly the same, it was a strange atmosphere

Nervous atmosphere in the away end? Seemed to be a burst of enthusiasm between the goal and half time. A second hibs goal would have finished the game but it didn't come. I think everyone was just relieved a full time.

Tough ask. Job done.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I believe that the club have measures in place and the Railway end stand (west) will be an option on the day should we'll fill the other stand.

I would suggest that you get there early to avoid disappointment.

Aldo, don't think that the turnstiles will be the issue, more like the queues at the pods to buy your ticket, I'm presuming this is how it will work?

silverhibee
21-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Aldo, don't think that the turnstiles will be the issue, more like the queues at the pods to buy your ticket, I'm presuming this is how it will work?

Think you will just pay at the turnstile Billy and get entrance, don't think there will be any pods to buy tickets first, Raith will just want cash at the turnstile, Raith don't even do comps for away teams, so even players family/friends have to pay the going rate. Strange club.

5 turnstiles for maybe 2500 fans where most of them will turn up between 2.40 - 3 o'clock as they come out the pubs and head to the ground, could be chaos if you don't get there early.

Dunfermline springs to mind.

Billy Whizz
21-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Think you will just pay at the turnstile Billy and get entrance, don't think there will be any pods to buy tickets first, Raith will just want cash at the turnstile, Raith don't even do comps for away teams, so even players family/friends have to pay the going rate. Strange club.

5 turnstiles for maybe 2500 fans where most of them will turn up between 2.40 - 3 o'clock as they come out the pubs and head to the ground, could be chaos if you don't get there early.

Think you're right, thanks. Looks like it's just concessions that need to go to a Pod

http://www.raithrovers.net/21894/raith-rovers-v-hibernian-match-admission-arrangements.htm

Ozyhibby
21-10-2015, 02:08 PM
I just got my tickets on the phone but they won't post them out so I have to Q at the pod to pick them up anyway. Strange set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
21-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I just got my tickets on the phone but they won't post them out so I have to Q at the pod to pick them up anyway. Strange set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I phoned last night expecting to be told we needed to pick them up at the pod as I was ordering some concessions and they want proof, but he offered to post mine out. Obviously feel posting this evening isnt guaranteeing enough time to get them to you.

Its unallocated seating tho, so worth arriving early to get seated together if in groups.

Surely theyll have a seperate queue at the pods for people just picking tickets up rather than buying.

Aldo
21-10-2015, 02:28 PM

Billy as Silver has mentioned I believe that it's PATG with concessions going to pod. That was of 3pm today! RR need the money

lucky
21-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Was told that RR are expecting around 3000 fans and that railway stand will ready open if necessary to accommodate Hibs support. They can take 3800 so there should plenty of tickets for us. I'm a bit surprised that the games not all ticket.

bigwheel
21-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Was told that RR are expecting around 3000 fans and that railway stand will ready open if necessary to accommodate Hibs support. They can take 3800 so there should plenty of tickets for us. I'm a bit surprised that the games not all ticket.

the thing is..if it was all ticket - there would only be max 2500 of us...so think they are making a god choice - it simply needs people not to all rock up at 2.55

Glory Lurker
21-10-2015, 09:44 PM
I love the fact that Parisians are now only two train changes away from Nitten.

I'll be pleased to get in my seat on Saturday. Between the travel problems and the likelihood of queues at the gates, it's going to be an achievement.

SteveHFC
21-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Quite weird seeing so many people living in the Nitten/Eskbank are on here. :greengrin

percy veer
22-10-2015, 02:22 AM
cracking deal for the adult and child £21 or £23 well done Raith

IWasThere2016
22-10-2015, 12:34 PM

I think your Dad might. You can buy Parent & Child and be together can you not? I'm planning this for me and my 15 year old.

(PS - Not read the full thread :greengrin)

CallumLaidlaw
22-10-2015, 12:35 PM
It's all unreserved seating anyway [emoji106]

IWasThere2016
22-10-2015, 12:36 PM

The worst experience, every time :agree:

Ringothedog
22-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Three tickets arrived by post today £18 quid a ticket plus £3 for admin and posting. Means I can stay in the boozer longer on Saturday.

CallumLaidlaw
22-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Three tickets arrived by post today £18 quid a ticket plus £3 for admin and posting. Means I can stay in the boozer longer on Saturday.

The worst match tickets I've seen in over 20 years [emoji23][emoji23]

S4uzee
22-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Worse than Dundee United's dinner ticket?

oneone73
22-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Worse than Dundee United's dinner ticket?

Lol. I'd forgotten about them

Ringothedog
22-10-2015, 06:33 PM

Not half, Adult(Hibs) and concession, can only guess it says concession because of being bought in advance. As long as it gets me in I don't care.

cabbageandribs1875
22-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Mmmm going to kawdy 31.5 miles = 44 mins via Forth Road brig, or 41.5 miles= 1 hour via Kincardine brig...anyone know what the Forth Road bridge will be like coming back after the game ?

bigwheel
22-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Mmmm going to kawdy 31.5 miles = 44 mins via Forth Road brig, or 41.5 miles= 1 hour via Kincardine brig...anyone know what the Forth Road bridge will be like coming back after the game ?

tempted to go all Airplane on this one..."it will be a large span of concrete with metal sides...but that's not important right now..." :-)

Bridge will be fine coming back...

Hermit Crab
22-10-2015, 11:05 PM
I have a ticket for the Hibs end. :na na: #uberfan :greengrin

SteveHFC
22-10-2015, 11:13 PM
I have a ticket for the Hibs end. :na na: #uberfan :greengrin

Hopefully you lose your ticket before the game. :na na:

lord bunberry
23-10-2015, 12:02 PM
There's no restrictions on the bridge until 19:00

lord bunberry
23-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I just bought tickets over the phone, during the call I heard some woman telling someone "am no carin, you're getting bugger all" I don't know who she was talking to.

FranckSuzy
23-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Need to be home sharpish tomorrow night so I'm getting the train (http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/SOUTH%20GYLE/KIRKCALDY/24/10/15/13/30/Dep/24/10/15/17/30/Dep/1/0//) to Kirkcaldy from South Gyle. You can park at the station, or nearby, and it takes 35 mins. £8.70 return + £0.75 booking fee :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2015, 12:22 PM
tempted to go all Airplane on this one..."it will be a large span of concrete with metal sides...but that's not important right now..." :-)

Bridge will be fine coming back...

good stuff :aok:

I just bought tickets over the phone, during the call I heard some woman telling someone "am no carin, you're getting bugger all" I don't know who she was talking to.

maybe dempster telling petrie he's getting no expenses for tomorrow, she shouldn't be giving him a ticking off in public though

BoomtownHibees
23-10-2015, 12:54 PM

I though it was down to one lane tomorrow afternoon?

Hamish
23-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I though it was down to one lane tomorrow afternoon?

https://www.forthroadbridge.org/news/full-a90-closures-scheduled/

Gmack7
23-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Excuse my ignorance but is there a patg option tomorrow

cabbageandribs1875
23-10-2015, 01:36 PM

yep :aok:

Gmack7
23-10-2015, 01:39 PM
yep :aok:

Cheers 👍

Hamish
23-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Yes.

Any walk-up concessions have to purchase their ticket from a pod at the away end, but apparently it is unreserved seating so shouldn't be a problem.

Famous, Last and Words spring to mind.

Taz_hibee
24-10-2015, 09:18 AM

I spoke to TO yesterday and it is indeed free seating, I think they mean it will be busy so to make sure you get seats together get there early

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KdyHby
24-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Picked up my tickets yesterday afternoon from the Raith ticket office. Currently dreich in Kirkcaldy.

Edited to add no seat numbers allocated on the tickets.