PDA

View Full Version : Working Together

Slicer
15-10-2015, 06:46 AM
Anyone able to give us a brief summary from last night's meeting?

Jack
15-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Posted on the Bounce

Here's the menu

WORKING TOGETHER - OCTOBER MEETING

Hi

Please find below the agenda for tomorrow's Working Together meeting which will be held in the Hibernian FC, West Stand, Easter Road at 6.30pm

Meeting - 14th October 2015
6.30pm , Easter Road Stadium

1. Club Update - Greig Mailer

2. Working Group Updates:
i. HDSA - George
ii. Loyalty Points - Leeann
iii. Welcome to Easter Road - Tracey
iv. Wear Your Colours - Colin
v. Stadium Improvements - Colin
vi. Stadium Reorganisation - Greig
vii. Build the Fan Base - Kevin

3. Fans Directors' Report - Frank & Amit

4. AOB:
i. Rescheduling of TV Fixtures - Eric Anal
ii. Tickets for Troops - Kevin Martin

5. Keynote Speaker - Darryl Broadfoot, Head of Communications, Scottish FA

I didn't/don't take notes, so from memory and how much I can be bothered typing!

Leeann started the meeting off with a football update. Basically all but 2 players are available for selection on Saturday, Danny who could be back quite soon after the New Year and Anier, aggravated (my word) thigh back in a couple of weeks, I think. Insall has surprised everyone with his work rate, building himself up to elite sports status, could be used as a sub now and again to help induct him. Farid is ready and likely to be used as an impact sub as he gains match practice.

The club update was a lot about the catering and staff changes and some of both. The club hasn't taken on the concourse catering. Obviously staff have been taken on for the catering, other starts are on the commercial and communications side. Other changes are stuff we already know about.

Disabled supporters are looking for volunteers to help their members get about.

Loyalty Points, look for a statement from the club today.

Welcome to ER. Basically a help desk in the car park to provide information on all sorts to supporters.

Wear your colours. Watch this space for new stuff in the shop! I think this was also the bit where we were encouraged to wear lots of green to the sevco match.

Stadium Improvements. On my way into the car park I saw IT! It was kinda ****ing awesome and then some! Much better in real life than the photos I'd seen. Other stuff in the pipeline. Dotnet artists should sharpen their crayons in anticipation of a job!

Stadium Reorganisation. Canny mind what that was about.

Build the Fan Base. We're doing the tickets for Troops thing again. The schools thing is being done differently and other stuff.

Directors report. Usual chat about how the two of them are out and about meeting supporters. A bit of chat around how they can report back from board meetings.

Rescheduling of TV Fixtures was more about how the Geordie clubs have a discounted scheme with Virgin Rail that also allows for free exchange when fixtures are rescheduled, last trains still being in the event of extra time. Some Sheep MP/MSP had asked ScotRail for the same. Let's just say they found a piece of disused track to park the idea. The guest speaker and our own Greig Mailer know a guy at ScotRail who may have influence and are on the case!

I'm not doing a detailed bit on the guy from the SFA. He covered what the SFA do and how they going about it. Main points for me where;

A brave question on sectarianism was neatly dealt with with the usual ***** type of response you'd expect. This was really disappointing given much of the vision of the future and modern thinking sprinkled through the presentation, including

The blazers have been sacked in favour of a Congress made up from all those with a interest in the game. The Congress is made up from representatives from the clubs, the players, the coaches, the supporters, the media, the referees and probably many others. This is just about brand new, I think there's only been one meetin that was very constructive.

Attracting supporters to games, improving the supporter link between club and country, improving numbers, attracting the younger supporters and the ageing demographic.

That's my contribution.

Don't expect a Just Back all the time! :-)

Next meeting 9th December at Sunnyside.

An observation. I was surprised at the number of times directors and staff mentioned reading the forums. I've always said they should, the old regime always denied they did and were careful not to make reference, it's free feedback for them though that most commercial companies would die for!

Just another wee indication of how the new regime are listening and we've seen how concerns are being addressed more than ever ... even if they've not found a way to utilise the forums in as an effective way as they once wished.

GreenCastle
15-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks for update.

No word on the concourse food ?

This has been an expensive shambles for too long.

Was really hoping they could improve the quality, variety and costings.

They want fans in earlier to the stadium - they need to give us reasons to be there.

Jack
15-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks for update.

They want fans in earlier to the stadium - they need to give us reasons to be there.

Not that I remember.

Although I never touch the stuff my observations in the East so far this season has been one of increased choice, even hot dog stands inside, and outside once for the smokers, that also sold drinks. The queues also appear to be much shorter at the main outlets.

I may be able to say more about quality and price after Saturday when my daughter returns after having worked abroad and taps her auld man for various savouries and drinks :-/

erin go bragh
15-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Thanks for update.

The post said , the club have not took on the concourse food . Which I'm taking as their leaving it how it is . If that's right it's a shocking decision . When we played Falkirk last season , their kiosks were priced much better ,with deals for the kids . It's about time we started doing something similar as the price and quality of our food is scandalous imo .

GGTTH

Slicer
15-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Thank you for the update.